Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unexpected crashing while in game

• Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    I got a bit bored with PvE sense I wasn't doing enough parse for Vtrials. So I have switched my build up slight and tried more pvp. Both battlegrounds and cyro. BG's are playable, Cyrodiil however is incredibly choppy, screen completely freezes every minute or so.

I still don't get crashes. But the fps in general is still mostly ***, and I STILL HAVE TO FORCE QUIT.
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    Deeprave wrote: »
    Kaytlin wrote: »
    Game client still crashes, but takes much longer. Extremely long load time between zones. Lag in cyrodial is almost unplayable sometimes 250 ms to 1500ms that's 1/4 sec to a second and a half at times. Stuttering is still present. Doesn't seem that much improvement and in some cases the client is worse than before latest poor attempt at resolution of this long standing problem.

<sad face>

Hasn't crashed on me yet, but I rarely get to play more than a couple of hours of time during the week.

BTW a 250ms ping would be absolutely stellar for me. I'm from AU, and pings are always more than 300 (though it used to be lower a few months ago) and generally 350-400 on average. So... welcome to my world! lol

/d

The Mac game client, in general, has had MASSIVE performance issues sense the release of Mirkmire. Crashing is just one of them. Some of us still get game crashes, some of us don't.
  • randallkn
    randallkn
    I was currently playing two different games on my Wintendo with a GTX 1060, which just screams. I bought a Vega 56 for my high-end Mac Mini, and it's great in the other game, but ESO is simply unplayable for all the reasons mentioned in this thread and others. I wonder if it would be less frustrating for ZOS to simply refund everything we've spent on ESO (sans time of course) and stop pretending they have a Mac client.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    so @Wodinn is correct.

I play on a late model 2013 iMac (which is the earliest model that can still support Metal and since the ZOS updates, I finally, no longer crash, even hours after long play in PvP Vivec. (see my system info & graphic settings are in an earlier post.)
    Most of the game stuttering has ended and my FPS is lower than pre-Murk but runs fairly steady. Still have the black screen (eso not responding) issue when i quit the game and have to Force Quit.

Yet, many on this forum with much newer macs seem to still be experiencing a lot of the same post-Murkmire patch issues, etc.
    randallkn wrote: »
    I was currently playing two different games on my Wintendo with a GTX 1060, which just screams. I bought a Vega 56 for my high-end Mac Mini, and it's great in the other game, but ESO is simply unplayable for all the reasons mentioned in this thread and others. I wonder if it would be less frustrating for ZOS to simply refund everything we've spent on ESO (sans time of course) and stop pretending they have a Mac client.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • randallkn
    randallkn
    So I mostly have to force quit this hopeless game when logging out or quitting (or other random times). It hi-jacks keyboard focus with multiple displays. Performance is abominable; the Mac performance hit was bad enough _before_ they broke it. I guess I'll continue to not spend any more money and check back when Elsweyr drops, though I'm pretty pessimistic.
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    After latest patch, having "Unable to connect to server" messages every time I change characters. Now I'm get error message 200. Lots of bugs this time around.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Just posted in a few other threads..

I had logged in fine beforew maint. today. Just went to log back on and the launcher took 5min to open and then said "ERROR 210" which is the patch manifest error download fail. Why is this even there. Did ZOS patch something today. I tried to repair and get the same error over and over. It seems for me about every 3 months this game breaks. I would put in a support ticket, but They have never given me a answer that worked before and it wont change today.... Dont worry ZOS, we are just some and dont matter....
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to run repair and it would not, I checked all my files on my pc and nothing had been changed( at least by date and time). I ran the game consultant and it found nothing wrong. i close the game consultant and went back to launcher and it says "PLAY". Well I'm glad it came back......but why did it break in the first place.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged in as usual and everything is fine for me. PLAY worked normal. Took less than a minute to open game. Load screen time between zones were minimal.

― Louise L. Hay
  • randallkn
    randallkn
    So I'm the idiot still trying to play this game to some degree ... has anyone found a utility to detect when it's hung?
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I just logged in as usual and everything is fine for me. PLAY worked normal. Took less than a minute to open game. Load screen time between zones were minimal.

GOOD FOR YOU.

I just tried to do gem extraction. Got a UI error from full inventory. Then the game glitched with pacrotti on the *** screen. So I have to FORCE QUIT.

@ZOS_AlexTardif, @ZOS_SarahHecker and @ZOS_GinaBruno. How about stop *** throwing mindless content at us, and fix the *** GAME PERFORMANCE ISSUES!

never again will I purchase +. You guys are terrible.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-Elsweyr update - I'd like to concentrate on the pretty decent prologue quest, because it is good and enjoyable. However, I find my gameplay is still dominated by poor performance.

Game is vaguely stable. Still crashes unexpectedly every now and then, usually at inopportune moments - world bosses and final dungeon bosses, leaving Mac players looking like t***s as they flake out of dungeons and trials.

Game CANNOT quit gracefully. It just hangs around like a turgid stench. It's a bit embarrassing that a multimillion dollar games company can't even get their product to quit properly.

The latest update has introduced a number of exciting new features, although these appear to be cross platform and not restricted to Mac users.

ChatLag© is a great new feature which delays display of your chat messages for up to 15 minutes - making chat feel more like proper medieval communication

GuildBeGone© manages to remove you from all your guilds and guild stores

JohnnyNoMates© stealthily clears your friends list, leaving you free to start all over again

HomeIntruder© clears all your housing permissions and resets your primary residence to a random property.

I'd file YET ANOTHER ticket, but the ZOS website crashed

@ZOS_AlexTardif, @ZOS_SarahHecker and @ZOS_GinaBruno - pretty much what we've come to expect from the Mac development team. Any thoughts on when we might see any improvements?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back with a bang.

You can't even do crafting in Alinor without it crashing.

Group finder doesn't work either.

Clearly ZOS couldn't care less about Macs or the EU server

Have another damn ticket Ticket #190405-004951
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 April

The latest update has come with some exciting new features

No-Log-Out - you now can’t log out your characters to the character select page. You click Log Out, click the “yes I really do want to log out” button and nothing happens. It takes 3 - 4 attempts to actually get a character to log out.

Insta-Log page - you can’t log out when you want to, but the game will happily dump you to the log in screen.

Still doesn’t quit gracefully

Lag and FPS issues appear to be back to the eyeball ravaging nausea of early December, but with additional time slipping, where you will be unceremoniously dumped back 3 - 5 seconds in the game.

I would file a ticket but a) by now, what is the point and b) the support site has crashed and won’t allow anyone to log in.

No wonder they have had to schedule ANOTHER day of server maintenance.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in.... my loading screens is never ending. 20 min by now... wtf? I tried to restart the game but it doesn't help :(
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    FPS is erratic as ever. frequent screen freezes. game CONTINUES to hang up on quitting. Having being 'force quit'
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And we're back to useless performance again.

After half an hour waiting to play, I get crashed out simply for porting to my house.

Have another ticket Ticket #190415-005582

This has been going on since August.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you check your internet connection? :D
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Since all the fixes etc past few months, my iMac (late model 2013) has been doing fine in large scale and very intensive PVP- Vivec NA. No unusual crashes, the lag has greatly improved and FPS is more normalized. The game had been stuttering badly in early 2019, but now runs fairly smooth. My PC friends crash more often than I do.

The remaining issue for me is that game still requires a FORCE QUIT upon close since it shows as: ESO not responding), although lately it has began to close properly.

I have not yet returned to doing endgame PvE content yet, so my experience may change, but in PvP, my Murk patch issues seem resolved.

3kixh8o3m2aa.png

― Louise L. Hay
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it has not really improved that much. FPS and performance in general is STILL bad.
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Anyone tested PTS on mac? ZOS did some minor performance improvements across platforms (found in release notes)
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Puodas wrote: »
    Anyone tested PTS on mac? ZOS did some minor performance improvements across platforms (found in release notes)
    I think the keyword here is this: minor. Nothing noticeable to me implemented there.

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been into PTS. Elsweyr looks great. Necro is so overwhelmingly steroidal that it has to be knocked back (a lot), it’s hilarious.

However, I haven’t spent a lot of time there and there are nowhere near as many players on PTS as there are in, say, Summerset and, I am guessing, the PTS is in the US, so it won’t have any of the population performance issues we’ve had in the EU. So there is no way to compare it with the lagfest that is walking across central Alinor, or the texture loss that appears around Alinor wayshrines.

There’s no improvement in the base Mac client (obviously as it hasn’t changed), so the issue of not quitting properly is still there.
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    Puodas wrote: »
    I think the keyword here is this: minor. Nothing noticeable to me implemented there.

Exactly. Just when it seems that my fps is actually starting to keep steady... I get a massive screen freeze. Oh, and the game STILL has to be force quit.

Not a damn thing has changed.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and we're back to regularly crashing when moving from zone to zone

It's abundantly clear that either more players are playing and the server still can't cope, or the server is dying anyway.

Ticket #190502-004575
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FierceSam

We have sent you a private message about your ticket #190502-004575.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @FierceSam

We have sent you a private message about your ticket #190502-004575.

Well the game still isn't working. I submitted my own ticket yesterday. Plan on seeing more from me.
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Anyone else noticed lag in skill bar updates? e.g crystal fragments are usually processed but not shown? Or showing as processed but actually not..

Also noticed while practicing my rotation that skills don't fire at first and then they all go (atleast animation) seems like some kind of latency issue. Even though I have 42fps and ping is 90 usually...

What should I set to improve my fighting speed??, I don't care about graphics quality...
    Edited by Puodas on May 6, 2019 7:37PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing at random moments. This time during character selection.

Still getting regular 1FPS moments repeatedly as I jumpstart my way through Alinor

Have another Ticket #190508-002317
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again.

Event over, crashing back with a bang.

This Mac client DOES NOT WORK

Ticket #190510-002245
This discussion has been closed.