The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina underperforming PVP

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha people say it's a "bad troll" yet it triggers users of this forum pretty good, and that was the purpose I guess. He's right though - for those who still don't get it - OP's point is that magicka underperforms when compared to stamina
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adosrc25 wrote: »
    Stamina NBs are so weak atm.Buff incap twice amount of damage and let it also give minor healing debuff with major one.Actually increase the duration as well.Also make it undodgable and cant be block.In that case there will be balance for every class.

and revert it back to 50 ultimate, 70/120 is too expensive for a 20% damage increase, high dmg, major defile, stun ultimate :triumph: smh
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then give DK an execute where the take flight instantly kills all the enemies around u and They seriously need a buff if we are talking about balancing 😈😈
    Edited by Dragneel1207 on March 8, 2019 3:34PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really only Stam Warden that needs to be buffed. And bleeds.
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid needs to be buffed and dark elf should get 2000 spell or physical damage
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the only answer to stamina underperformance in ESO is for ZOS to nerf sorcs! 😈
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody asking for a Stsmina buff in PVP, and not doing so in jest, needs to spend more observing the game world around them and looking at their death recaps instead writing ridiculous posts on the forums.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Medium Armor sets are pretty much limited to damaging proc sets for the overwhelming majority as opposed to stat buffing sets. Even Relequien falls into this category of being a medium set that only deals damage and doesn't increase your stats directly, unlike Siroria that offers you more spell damage. When was the last time ZOS released a medium set that wasn't a sustain or damage proc set? Last one I can remember is Briarheart.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on March 8, 2019 4:19PM
    Argonian forever
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    I'm sorry bro stam is at a good spot now, you say mag can run two sets and get over 700 wpd..I can run an infused Masters bow with wpn dmg enchant and get that, add hundings front bar and get 1,000 dmg total.

Did you read the post?

Oh...lol Dam you sarcasm!
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    I suggest you try rolling a mag character and go into PvP. Roll dodge once, get stunned after... No stam to break free... Dead.

Now roll a stam toon. Dodge, block, roll, break free, roll, block, break roots.... Still plenty of stam to deal damage... Alive and kicking.

Since you understand how frustrating this is, please stop spamming stampede, petrify and cost poisons on people while they get zerged.

Tyvm.

Someone remembered my name tag? :lol:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing about stamina is trying to solo a resource, I mean those guard ccs are out of control, it's like *negate*bubble*bubble*bubble*negate. Totally destroys my stam pool. How unreasonable and unnecessary. If only I could just walk up ult and spam aoe execute like mag toons.
    Edited by Datthaw on March 8, 2019 4:34PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is so underpowered that everyone spin to lose now
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as mag toons are able to spam shields stam toons will need heavy armor to compete. at least I do. of course I'm not running sets like 7th or fury and I'm not that great.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Why people never read the posts and just start responding always baffles me 😂
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    It's a great thread for seeing if people actually read the OP.

Not only read but also understand him and have enough knowledge about game to get the point of the thread.

I didnt read it, because it's one giant-ass paragraph lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Not only read but also understand him and have enough knowledge about game to get the point of the thread.

!

I mean, how can people be expected to read 167 words (including numbers, I counted, yes)?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina doesn’t overperform and magicka doesn’t underperform. There’s just a few heavy stamina sets that enable a slightly overtuned playstyle for stamina builds.

In the grand scheme of things, Light Magicka and Heavy Stam are both extremely powerful atm, but Medium Stamina (sans nightblade) falls a bit behind.
    Edited by CyrusArya on March 9, 2019 4:04AM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

!

I mean, how can people be expected to read 167 words (including numbers, I counted, yes)?

Formatting is a beautiful thing lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    The worst thing about stamina is trying to solo a resource, I mean those guard ccs are out of control, it's like *negate*bubble*bubble*bubble*negate. Totally destroys my stam pool. How unreasonable and unnecessary. If only I could just walk up ult and spam aoe execute like mag toons.

This guy gets it ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst is that stamina nightblade always keeps getting nerfed because of its magicka counterpart which is overperforming by a LOT in pvp right now. sighhhh
    Edited by HowlKimchi on March 9, 2019 7:45AM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    The worst is that stamina nightblade always keeps getting nerfed because of its magicka counterpart which is overperforming by a LOT in pvp right now. sighhhh

I agree buff stamina nb! they really underperform in openworld pvp compared to those annoying sniping mag nbs
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another major problem is that stamina has to build for health and stam because its heals are mainly burst based while magicka can happily stack spell damage through the roof with a 1.4x multiplier to boost their hot based playstyle even more. So stamina builds have to rely on stamina which basically has only warhorn (lol at warhorn in PvP) as multiplier left AND dig for health from that same pool while magicka can stack the more effective ressource AND let heavy armour take care of their health.

Additionally, stamina has higher skill costs than magicka, making heavy armour for (originally medium) stamina less beneficial than for (originally light) magicka due to the cost reduction scaling less effective with stamina.

Heavy attacks from Stamina's main single target weapon are also veeeery telegraphed and thus easily dodgeable and blockable while magicka has really short and effective heavies synergizing much better with those powerful HA ressource return based spell damage sets OP mentions.
    Edited by Berenhir on March 9, 2019 9:45AM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, most magica builds can literally stand still for days while stamina builds have to move around constantly at comparably high speed.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as mag toons are able to spam shields stam toons will need heavy armor to compete. at least I do. of course I'm not running sets like 7th or fury and I'm not that great.

Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, dodge dodge.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but at least stamina has the arguably strongest skill in the game that provides ~600 regen and fracture at no cost, a massive penetration bonus in the armor passives that can’t be attained by any other means, and exponentially more build diversity/variety and class identity.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Yeah but at least stamina has the arguably strongest skill in the game that provides ~600 regen and fracture at no cost, a massive penetration bonus in the armor passives that can’t be attained by any other means, and exponentially more build diversity/variety and class identity.

You mean fracture built-in one of the best spammable damage dealing ability in the game or the magicka skill that buffs your damage by 8%, is the most hard hitting skill in the game and also buffs your cough "magicka" regen by 10%?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean fracture built-in one of the best spammable damage dealing ability in the game or the magicka skill that buffs your damage by 8%, is the most hard hitting skill in the game and also buffs your cough "magicka" regen by 10%?

To be fair, assassin's will from meriless resolve does more dmg than assassin's scrouge from relentless focus
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, the stereotype of millennials is they don’t read and only skim information. You have to walk up, slap them in the face, and say something face to face for them to understand something.

This thread is both hilarious and a sad indictment of our future.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There’s 4/5 stamina classes that aren’t a stamblade. Can’t use the strongest spec in the game as the standard to evaluate an entire playstyle by. Why I specifically mentioned that medium is sub par with the specific exception of stamblade.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There’s 4/5 stamina classes that aren’t a stamblade. Can’t use the strongest spec in the game as the standard to evaluate an entire playstyle by. Why I specifically mentioned that medium is sub par with the specific exception of stamblade.

Stamblades are strong in medium because of Cloak. Balance that move then we can balance medium as a whole.