The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina underperforming PVP

Papachico
Papachico
✭✭✭✭
For a long time now stamina chars are underperforming compared to magicka classes. I mean stamina chars need to sustain two resource pools in order to survive where magicka chars only have to focus on one pool. Also magicka chars have sets that are for 1. heavy armor and 2. fully buffed stack up to 750+ spelldamage. Where stamina sets only give 250-300 as (5) piece armor bonus buff. There is just one stamina set that grants 500 wep damage on just one person for 5 seconds.... but you can understand that this is not preferred in open world pvp when facing muliple enemies, it also doesnt buff your heals. Also magicka chars have an easier life when it comes to picking ultimate for open world pvp it has 1. high direct damage which is also AOE, 2. an additional dot on it and 3. also a stun. Where stamina chars are depending on class don't come remotely close to previous mentioned ult for magicka chars.

buff stamina. please.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I understand your sarcasm, and I agree that magicka characters don't have a great deal of choice for heavy armor damage sets. I just wish they would stop releasing heavy armor damage sets, hell even remove the ones already in game.

This is whats leading the heavy armor meta on stam, Ravager and Fury are providing so much more damage than medium sets, IMO if you want to deal damage you should be in light or medium. If you want to be tanky but hit like a wet noodle go in heavy.

Spell strat is very good when compared to medium damage sets.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May the stamina be with you
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    mag chars also have disadvantages. I think the OP never played mag toon and i suggest trying once and check it
    I also thought mag chars are OP in the beginning and then i tried my magden and i understood the problems of the mag

mag char has limited stam and when u root them they are like sitting ducks and they dont have heavy armor sets that are as good as seventh, fury etc..
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    mag chars also have disadvantages. I think the OP never played mag toon and i suggest trying once and check it
    I also thought mag chars are OP in the beginning and then i tried my magden and i understood the problems of the mag

mag char has limited stam and when u root them they are like sitting ducks and they dont have heavy armor sets that are as good as seventh, fury etc..

you just made my day. thank you.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Papachico wrote: »

you just made my day. thank you.

Lol
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one I like it and very much agree with the sarcasme.

#Remove7th&Fury
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Fury give Spell and weapon damage <3
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

purple rat don't speak
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol, stamina under performing in PVP..huh!
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suggest you try rolling a mag character and go into PvP. Roll dodge once, get stunned after... No stam to break free... Dead.

Now roll a stam toon. Dodge, block, roll, break free, roll, block, break roots.... Still plenty of stam to deal damage... Alive and kicking.
    Edited by red_emu on March 8, 2019 1:12PM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great thread for seeing if people actually read the OP.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only read but also understand him and have enough knowledge about game to get the point of the thread.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people, and even me at first, would read the title saying stamina is "underperforming" and the last line asking for a buff, laugh then walk away.
    What he's really asking for is more options. Because of the poorly worded subject you can't really blame people for not wanting read the blob of text between the lines considering how strong stamina actually is at the moment.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried using magicka skills to even the odds?
    PC EU
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    I suggest you try rolling a mag character and go into PvP. Roll dodge once, get stunned after... No stam to break free... Dead.

Now roll a stam toon. Dodge, block, roll, break free, roll, block, break roots.... Still plenty of stam to deal damage... Alive and kicking.

Since you understand how frustrating this is, please stop spamming stampede, petrify and cost poisons on people while they get zerged.

Tyvm.
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Most people, and even me at first, would read the title saying stamina is "underperforming" and the last line asking for a buff, laugh then walk away.
    What he's really asking for is more options. Because of the poorly worded subject you can't really blame people for not wanting read the blob of text between the lines considering how strong stamina actually is at the moment.

Kids these days call one alinea a "wall of text". What i've been taught is that if you want to make a point you need to write atleast several sentences in order to address the subject correctly. But unfortunatly you are right people seem to become lazy, or call it stupid or hell even uneducated.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize Magic builds in PVP have a disadvantage when it comes to...oh I don't know,

break free
    roll dodge
    block
    running

You know, all the essential moves that can make or break a fight.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • ATomiX96
      ATomiX96
      ✭✭✭✭✭

CvBWefS.png

• Dragneel1207
      Dragneel1207
      ✭✭✭✭
      ATomiX96 wrote: »

CvBWefS.png

?
    • WoppaBoem
      WoppaBoem
      ✭✭✭✭✭

CvBWefS.png

?

This post is sarcasme, he makes exactly the same points as you but in reverse
      Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
    • Own
      Own
      ✭✭✭✭

CvBWefS.png

?

Everything he said was Opposite for stam/mag. He's a long time good player on a StamDK, last time I saw him at least. Normally people don't bash their own playstyles so that's what got me haha.
    • Morgul667
      Morgul667
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Own wrote: »

CvBWefS.png

?

Everything he said was Opposite for stam/mag. He's a long time good player on a StamDK, last time I saw him at least. Normally people don't bash their own playstyles so that's what got me haha.

That s actually pretty obvious if you read the post
    • Holycannoli
      Holycannoli
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Do you mean buff stamblade or buff stam sorc? Because one doesn't need a buff and the other always needs a nerf.
      Edited by Holycannoli on March 8, 2019 2:03PM
    • Papachico
      Papachico
      ✭✭✭✭
      Do you mean buff stamblade or buff stam sorc? Because one doesn't need a buff and the other always needs a nerf.

yes
    • Ajax_22
      Ajax_22
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alucardo wrote: »

You just confirmed you didn't read it.
    • Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Gnozo wrote: »

They should. Then magicka users would stop complaining about how OP it is(nt).
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Heavy sets like 7th and fury should mirror both stam and magicka giving bonuses for both. Kinda curious how people would change my mind
    • Arkangeloski
      Arkangeloski
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm sorry bro stam is at a good spot now, you say mag can run two sets and get over 700 wpd..I can run an infused Masters bow with wpn dmg enchant and get that, add hundings front bar and get 1,000 dmg total.
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm sorry bro stam is at a good spot now, you say mag can run two sets and get over 700 wpd..I can run an infused Masters bow with wpn dmg enchant and get that, add hundings front bar and get 1,000 dmg total.

Did you read the post?
    • adosrc25
      adosrc25
      ✭✭
      Stamina NBs are so weak atm.Buff incap twice amount of damage and let it also give minor healing debuff with major one.Actually increase the duration as well.Also make it undodgable and cant be block.In that case there will be balance for every class.