Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OILS NOT SHIELDABLE AND DOING 18K DMG PER TICK

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always stand in the oils.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll spend the week coming up with creative ways to siege gank.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making for a pretty stagnant game, maybe it was pvdoor buff?

Defensive tick bonus and op siege.. why go anywhere that's defended.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.

Barely anyone will want to pvp if everyone gets dunked by 2 ticks of oil, or essentially 1-shotted if more than 1 oil is on you.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Thanks guys, confirming we've seen this and are investigating.

Keep it, where people have less technical proficiency they may have tactics and cunning on their side.

Plus this melts ball groups.

This reminds me. Rapids was just nerfed. Although this bug really diminishes seeing its effect

I'm a proponent to spreading out. Since I can't get collision detection. I'll settle for this until changes make clustering damning.

• csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    I would like it to stay this way. Seige should freaking hurt, and you should fear it.

wtf r u talking about, I do fear siege and don't normally stand in it - but 30k damage in 2 seconds is not something I can live through - I quit playing - 3rd time I died to same *** I was just running by and couldn't even see the animation to avoid.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.

Siege should be the hardest hitting thing in Cyrodiil.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they can't fix this and it becomes a "feature". I love seeing sorc's salty tears in the forums. Yummy.

*sarcasm start* How do you get your siege to target specific classes? *sarcasm end*

I would love for this to be a feature. Nothing is more tedious than pouring 2 oil caudrons on players repeatedly to have them magic through it or just shrug it off.

#makesiegescaryagain
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »
    I hope they can't fix this and it becomes a "feature". I love seeing sorc's salty tears in the forums. Yummy.

*sarcasm start* How do you get your siege to target specific classes? *sarcasm end*

I would love for this to be a feature. Nothing is more tedious than pouring 2 oil caudrons on players repeatedly to have them magic through it or just shrug it off.

#makesiegescaryagain

This, PvP just isn't about being the most technically proficient dueler or 1 v Xr or vast, brain dead numbers. It has elements of tactics and cunning.

Siege hitting hard is a step to a design that supports technical proficiency, cunning, and tactics.

Right now it just supports pressing buttons in sequence or numbers.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the sweet sweet tears of all those that got used to ignoring siege.
    Edited by Ackwalan on February 26, 2019 3:59AM
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.

Unacceptable.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    csparks1 wrote: »
    I would like it to stay this way. Seige should freaking hurt, and you should fear it.

wtf r u talking about, I do fear siege and don't normally stand in it - but 30k damage in 2 seconds is not something I can live through - I quit playing - 3rd time I died to same *** I was just running by and couldn't even see the animation to avoid.

Apparently, you do stand in it. Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, incremental patch which Monday given its almost 11pm eastern? Monday next week? Surely that far too late, Cyrodill will be ridiculous for a week.
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

LAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »

#makesiegescaryagain

This, PvP just isn't about being the most technically proficient dueler or 1 v Xr or vast, brain dead numbers. It has elements of tactics and cunning.

Siege hitting hard is a step to a design that supports technical proficiency, cunning, and tactics.

Right now it just supports pressing buttons in sequence or numbers.

There is literally nothing about siege that requires "tactics and cunning". It is a crutch for point-and-click heroes and vastly favors larger groups, who can set down more of it, do so before smaller groups, and take less risk setting it down since the smaller groups need to move to survive and engage in actual tactical play.
    Edited by Recremen on February 26, 2019 4:13AM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf oils .
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never wanted to participate in a keep fight anymore than I do now. Bring on the Zergs that die at the front door.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never wanted to participate in a keep fight anymore than I do now. Bring on the Zergs that die at the front door.

Agree. Something flawed when five oils are pouring down on a zerg at the front door, and no one dies. They stand there like it's a refreshing hot shower.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not the best gameplay in the world buy my abilities at least work. So long as you dont get CCed in the middle of bar swap anyway because then, you get stuck on 1 bar and cannot mount or open doors. FTMFL

Ive had fun outside of that.
    Edited by technohic on February 26, 2019 4:32AM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Something flawed when five oils are pouring down on a zerg at the front door, and no one dies. They stand there like it's a refreshing hot shower.

It's almost like they're actually not just standing there, but are instead pumping out massive amounts of heals, purges, and siege shields in order to survive. Maybe once they fix this nonsense you should coordinate your pour timing with your group so that you might actually get some kills instead of giving people every opportunity to purge it off.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, ZOS laid on the realism... Who needs dragons when you have siege weapons?
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

It's almost like they're actually not just standing there, but are instead pumping out massive amounts of heals, purges, and siege shields in order to survive. Maybe once they fix this nonsense you should coordinate your pour timing with your group so that you might actually get some kills instead of giving people every opportunity to purge it off.

Look forward to the siege group with the mad skillz standing under the oil tonight. They will need to up their game.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, ZOS laid on the realism... Who needs dragons when you have siege weapons?

We all saw what the Imp did with wildfire.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

Look forward to the siege group with the mad skillz standing under the oil tonight. They will need to up their game.

Pretty sure people are just going to stop sieging keeps, unless you want to give a go at attacking a location.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec has no lag and no ball groups this is a GLORIOUS CHANGE LEAVE IT..............
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    Vivec has no lag and no ball groups this is a GLORIOUS CHANGE LEAVE IT..............

Ah, yes, a "glorious change" that if left unchanged will likely lead to less income and poor word-of-mouth for Zeni. Bean counters won't let that stand for long.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    Lord_Sando wrote: »

Ah, yes, a "glorious change" that if left unchanged will likely lead to less income and poor word-of-mouth for Zeni. Bean counters won't let that stand for long.

I'm not so sure they care about poor word of mouth at this point. What can be said about them that hasn't been said already?
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Community: Werewolfs being able light attack people to death with the torug/enchant bug = Unbalanced, fix now zos it makes pvp unplayable.

Also the community: I can now one shot an entire pvp raid with a coldfire ballista =It's balanced, keep it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Community: Werewolfs being able light attack people to death with the torug/enchant bug = Unbalanced, fix now zos it makes pvp unplayable.

Also the community: I can now one shot an entire pvp raid with a coldfire ballista =It's balanced, keep it.

Remaining perfectly stationary and spamming the most powerful damaging ability in the game is now apparently cunning and skilled gameplay.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is direct EP buff on sotha EU.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!