Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OILS NOT SHIELDABLE AND DOING 18K DMG PER TICK

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf sorc and give altmer weapon damage instead of spell damage
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it , please keep it... do not stand in the red dot !
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love pouring oils and watching people melt on a regular day, its hilarious lol. I would be having so much fun with this, but I'm at work so I hope some of you are having the best time with all of the siege issues today
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is siege just going through shields? Or is it doing the equivalent of Oblivion Damage and is just full, unmitigated damage to everyone?
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Is siege just going through shields? Or is it doing the equivalent of Oblivion Damage and is just full, unmitigated damage to everyone?

I think it's just doing massive damage I hit some people with a fire ballista and it was doing 9k damage ticks I took 48k in oil damage in about 2 seconds and I don't use shields at all
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    14k damage a tick from cold fire ballistas, siege is OP
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    14k damage a tick from cold fire ballistas, siege is OP

Actually, that's right where it *should* be ...
    shades.gif

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this gets hotfixed ASAP. It's making pvp unbearable. Not even a gold fire resist enchant (3.5k resist) on a jewel does absolutely nothing. And it's fire ballistas/trebuchets as well.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to log into Cyrodiil...
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're not gonna like it.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No one is surviving long enough for latency to build up. PC/NA Vivec is poplocked across the board and has almost ZERO lag.

This is glorious. KEEP IT!
    Edited by usmcjdking on February 25, 2019 11:22PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    No one is surviving long enough for latency to build up. PC/NA Vivec is poplocked across the board and has almost ZERO lag.

This is glorious. KEEP IT!

Siege should always hit harder than players IMO, wish they'd do away with the ground indicator.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, confirming we've seen this and are investigating.

Keep it, where people have less technical proficiency they may have tactics and cunning on their side.

Plus this melts ball groups.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep it, where people have less technical proficiency they may have tactics and cunning on their side.

Plus this melts ball groups.

This reminds me. Rapids was just nerfed. Although this bug really diminishes seeing its effect
  • Stamination
    Stamination
    ✭✭
    GG Zos now I still can't enjoy pvp. Stop giving the zerglings all the power!
    Edited by Stamination on February 26, 2019 12:32AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all the folk who think this is awesome, remember, you will presumably want to be sieging at some point....

• barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    This only encourages pvdoor
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not gonna like it.

I will since I love to pour oils :smiley:
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.

Some of you REALLY like the horse simulator part of this game, don't you?
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    EdoKeledus wrote: »

Some of you REALLY like the horse simulator part of this game, don't you?

Some of you REALLY like the zerg stacking simulator part of this game, don't you?
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just what pvp needs, even more people hiding on the walls not willing to help their faction.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dropping siege and pressing the mouse button every few seconds as an I Win button seems far from the kind of gameplay that should be supported. Also, offense and defense at Keeps seems fairly well-balanced in PvP. Big groups defending usually defeat small groups attacking, big groups attacking usually defeat small groups defending, and evenly matched groups almost always comes down to the more skilled and coordinated group winning. If defending becomes far easier than attacking, it will be fun for an hour or two as you farm enemy players who have not yet realized how hard siege hits now, but the lack of balance will quickly lead to everyone just throwing up their hands and logging out.

We are not always supposed to win. And don't forget that while you are laughing at an enemy faction's inability to get through a breach because you are insta-gibbing them from above while invulnerable, other members of your faction are cursing that getting through a breach somewhere else has become impossible. There needs to be an ebb and flow of keeps falling and being retaken for Cyrodiil to remain dynamic and interesting. A static map is boring. What is OP for you is also OP for your enemies.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the update Gina.
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    Someone hits me and I die before I can even get off the seige. 29+k damage in <2 seconds - death recap is
    covenant coldfire ballista x2 = 2 ticks and dead.

How could this be something you can't fix right now?

IF one of those new damn dungeons was killing people in 2 seconds when last night it didn't on the PTS when they first walk in the door you would be shutting the game down and fixing it immediately.

When are you guys going to start doing something for PVP dammit?!?! IT has been 5 years and PVP still has the same bugs, the same lag, and now there is something that makes it so we can't even be running around and we get hit and die before we can do anything and you can't fix it ?!!?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »
    HOW ZOS. JUST HOW.

12k shields up, and the oils jusst going straight trough it....

Edit-> All siege (not including grounddot siege like scatters)
    Edit 2-> Oh, it also deals 43k dmg in 3 damage ticks
    Edit 3-> I guess its all siege. Lightling ballista isnt shieldable and doing 9k dmg too @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thnx for bringing this up OP
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No keep it that way! It'll force people to finally go back to wall Sieges!
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PCNA, it says the Vivec campaign is pop locked for all factions. Yet there's hardly anyone around. Impossible to take any keep with the seige doing this kind of damage. Cyrodiil pvp is pretty much broken at this point. Is anyone over at zos going to be held accountable for this? Game breaking bugs like this should not make it to live, in a game where players pay subscription fees and buy exorbitant amounts of crowns. Smh....
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it to stay this way. Seige should freaking hurt, and you should fear it.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)