Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which of the racial changes do you dislike the most?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I had to put Imperials and Nords into the same poll space. Since people for the most part found them lacking till this update I placed them together. Reason why is limited poll options can only use ten slots and I wanted to include an other option with this one.
For the most part I am okay with them. I personally am not fond of the changes with Khajiit and Bosmer, as I feel their passives should belong to the other race. Stealth Detection, Should be a khajiit option and Stealth reduction a Bosmer one. Khajiit are based on felines, Felines have very good sense for detecting motion, aka prey, harder to sneak upon because of hearing, vision, sense of smell and also whiskers. Tried to sneak a finger to pet my cat the other night or day or last night and well their head turned and he was mostly asleep or asleep at the time also got to consider the fact their whiskers also help allow them to sense things when their vision cannot. So with the whiskers, sense of smell, eye sight and hearing. It makes the most sense they are able to detect sneak thieves the best of all other races. Be the best acrobats of all the other races.

The lore place Bosmer as the major thief race. Their rite of theft and they are some of the best sneaks. So I do feel they got them wrong and have been giving them the wrong passives. Bosmer Should have Theft, Khajiit should have acrobatics. That is one of my major issues with the race changes, giving some of the races the wrong thing. Khajiit pickpocketing passive should have been given to the Bosmer and the Bosmer fall damage passive should have been given to the Khajiit. This is what I think the two races should have looked like Bosmer Pickpocket chance, Khajiit Fall Damage reduction. Bosmer Stealth Detect Reduction, Khajiit Stealth Detection increase.
Edited by Thevampirenight on February 25, 2019 5:44AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Which of the racial changes do you dislike the most? 442 votes

Altmer Changes
23%
DeathStalkerItsMeTooSuddwrathKalikiDracaneTurelusIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOstevenyaub16_ESOSilafAsha_11_ESOChili_Pepperrosendoichinoveb17_ESOJeremyPocketNovaOlaurondaemoniosJohnGxcalibur007Hand_BaconRomo 105 votes
Breton Changes
0%
haelene 1 vote
Bosmer Changes
31%
moonsugar66Anthony_ArndtBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOPinesyTecanAlulueiFunrukdurkhaAratoEsha76DarcyMardinNemesis7884OrillionAimoraBlackersNebthet78NarthalionMitrengaEiron77Ayble 140 votes
Dunmer Changes
7%
atlgirl29_ESOalainjbrennanb16_ESOCoopersnowDUTCH_REAPERRecktrithiusOediphitryAtallantaAndyMacReifredTechIncme_mingLartenCrepsleyMaster_KasmerpinszykrusselmmendozaTyharemilyhyoyeonSaintSubwayyRANKK7Stanx 32 votes
Imperial/Nord Changes
3%
DaveMoeDeeThanatosLexVDoom1LeogonFischblutMjolnirVilkasCerilonLadislaolaissezfairevoidmagicEvilAutoTech_Salty_outsiders123abcrexagamemnonRatty1SFTRake 16 votes
Argonian Changes
9%
alexj4596b14_ESOGrymmoireFaulgorgresiacAnkaridanjbjondeaueb17_ESOShareeSheezabeastHatchetHarobooksmcreadEirellaMayraelParasaurolophusBrowisethLupusdiabolusScythe_MercerKulvarOhtimbarAngkharDracan_Fontom 40 votes
Khajiit Changes
7%
SodanTokWycksYashasonkolyosattilaeb17_ESOrain.birdAhPook_Is_HereArcirisredspecter23CinbriKatahdindoberman8uLord_EomerArchMikemsusmitdsKram8ionDyingStarmanSilverIce58KlauthWarthogAzyle1SilverPaws 33 votes
Orc Changes
2%
leeuxBlinkBananaLarry78SpiderCultistYOBamir412CurvedSwords123RucklyColecovisionDemraEliteWarrior 12 votes
Redguard Changes
2%
YakidafiLoves_guarsWolfchild07Cillion3117NateS4tnarrantMuSE_nr1MrslizardfaceVillaineABusterdarkblue5 11 votes
Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
11%
Tabbycatvictory.immortalb16_ESORikumaruTibDarlonRadianceMarrazzMistkickback120ub17_ESOSagzkollege14a5Bastijerxxthir13enxxteladoyWitchyWarriorpandoraderomanusShadowMole25Awolf96xBrrrofskiKr3dotheher0not 52 votes
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    eh i mostly like them...the bosmer seem still very specific...maybe they could be a bit more generalized...and im not sure i like the latest khajiit changes...
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    tbh, i don't like any of them.

should've been left alone, imho.

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Are bosmer under represented in PvP since that seems to be the direction of that last passive. I don't see myself ever using it in PvE for any reason. Sure you'll roll dodge to get out of stuff, but not likely to waste the stamina for a penetration boost that you more than likely don't need in groups.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    Dunmer should have kept flame damage - the changes generally aren’t too bad - but that flavour loss tho ....
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    ^
    at a place nobody knows
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer losing stealth for stealth detection is such an obviously bad choice; so bad it illustrates quite well how out of touch they are with the player base and even how their own game is played.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial/Nord Changes
    I don't know much about the coming racial changes. However it does seem like many are displeased and even angry at the changes for Imperial and Nords.

Don't nerf my main! I wonder how it will be after the update playing on my main. (Imperial)

Also no it doesn't make much sense that Khajiits loose or get decreased stealth detection. Their cats, cats are little ninjas with fur. No one sneaks up on the ninja. The ninja does the sneaking.
    Edited by VDoom1 on February 25, 2019 6:47AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Changes
    Can't say I dislike any, khajiiti one took me by surprise and made it more dependent on a current meta setup, it's not a dislike really but I preferred an option to be as good in non fully bis setup(veiled/ravager instead of ay or one sword instead of dagger/dagger).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Altmer. Stamina regen makes zero sense from a lore perspective and it's a useless passive in PvE.

I can appreciate the issues with Bosmer and Argonian too. Bosmer losing stealth and Argonian loosing poison resistance make no sense from a lore perspective either. Argonian were also nerfed pretty hard.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 25, 2019 7:08AM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    because the answer to something over performing and everyone picking it is to make it underperform so no one will pick it, right?
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    I like the Khajiit changes because they provide a path to ditch the Argonian passives and still have a tail.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    I’m not happy with the Dunmer losing their fire (I kinda understand, not really though);
    the Altmer gaining stamina (but I guess it’s not the worst that could have happened);
    the Argonians loosing poison resist and healing received (not cool);
    the Nords needing to take damage to benefit (but I get it); and
    Khajiits being Mages (they are less known for their Mages and healers compared to Altmer, Dunmer, Breton, Imperial, and Argonian). Gotta sell the Khajiit expansion though.

Redguard, Orc, Breton (the Covenant) all got buffs or lateral changes. No tin foil hats here...

I like the latest Imperial changes, they aren’t p2w op and it actually makes them well rounded. They’re my second favorite race so good for you Imperials follow your dreams!

The Bosmer changes are like being fed fudge dipped cow pies. Oh thank you for validating our existence after all this time - by gutting everything we hold dear.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Changes
    My Stamblade is only getting 750 stam instead of the 2k i wanted.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    I had to put Imperials and Nords into the same poll space. Since people for the most part found them lacking till this update I placed them together. Reason why is limited poll options can only use ten slots and I wanted to include an other option with this one.
    For the most part I am okay with them. I personally am not fond of the changes with Khajiit and Bosmer, as I feel their passives should belong to the other race. Stealth Detection, Should be a khajiit option and Stealth reduction a Bosmer one. Khajiit are based on felines, Felines have very good sense for detecting motion, aka prey, harder to sneak upon because of hearing, vision, sense of smell and also whiskers. Tried to sneak a finger to pet my cat the other night or day or last night and well their head turned and he was mostly asleep or asleep at the time also got to consider the fact their whiskers also help allow them to sense things when their vision cannot. So with the whiskers, sense of smell, eye sight and hearing. It makes the most sense they are able to detect sneak thieves the best of all other races. Be the best acrobats of all the other races.

The lore place Bosmer as the major thief race. Their rite of theft and they are some of the best sneaks. So I do feel they got them wrong and have been giving them the wrong passives. Bosmer Should have Theft, Khajiit should have acrobatics. That is one of my major issues with the race changes, giving some of the races the wrong thing. Khajiit pickpocketing passive should have been given to the Bosmer and the Bosmer fall damage passive should have been given to the Khajiit. This is what I think the two races should have looked like Bosmer Pickpocket chance, Khajiit Fall Damage reduction. Bosmer Stealth Detect Reduction, Khajiit Stealth Detection increase.

The flamedamage for my dk :tired_face:
    EU | PC
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Lore is dead :(
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    max_only wrote: »
    The Bosmer changes are like being fed fudge dipped cow pies. Oh thank you for validating our existence after all this time - by gutting everything we hold dear.

This. Removing stealth from Bosmers is against the lore, removes a viable gameplay option that might have been by itself the very reason the character was created in the first place, and the stealth detection passive that replaces it has absolutely no use whatsoever in PvE since there isn't a single stealthy enemy in PvE.

This will have no impact on the supposed sniper ganking problem in Cyrodiil ("supposed" because I don't PvP, I only went there long enough to get the skyshards), as people who wish to gank will simply become Khajiits. Gankers gonna gank.

However, the full force of this change will impact the casual players the most. Those who simply enjoy stealing stuff, stealth their way through a delve avoiding combat and whatnot.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    PVE Bosmer are now the only race with not one but TWO roleplay passives.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Altmer just because IMO it makes the least sense.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    I brought my own dead horse to beat.

Most of the racial changes seem sort of ok. But certainly not something that will lin a meaningful way

And like I always say - remove racial passives. Put them in a pool, let people pick. That way the minmaxers can have theirs, the roleplayers can have theirs, people like me who like to mess about and change can do that...

And you are not restricted to ridiculousness like 'magicka races' (although they have taken some good steps in this patch), etc.

Race passives make no sense other than from 2 perspectives: 1; "That´s how it used to be back in the day (yeah and let´s use 2d10 for damage calculations)" and 2; Race change tokens as a source of revenue.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    Magdk will no longer be dunmer exclusive. Which I guess was the whole point of racial changes. Allowing more races more options.

But us who main as dunmer magdk got shafted.

Fair is fair. Just don't expect me to be happy about it. 😋
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Turelus wrote: »
    Altmer just because IMO it makes the least sense.

Yeah Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit. All because of lore too. I really do think they have mixed up the lore or at least given the wrong passives between Khajiit and Bosmer. Spell Charge should basically restore Magicka. Maybe have it restore for using a magicka ability. Just like using a weapon restores health for an Orc. And Stamina with a Redguard. This is what they should do with Altmer. As it would stick with the lore with the the Altmer being the best Magicka Race, Not stamina race its a magicka race. They are so good with magic they are weak to its power when its used on them.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 25, 2019 8:29AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it is not Lore appropriate or whatever but I hoped they would make a Stam and Magic Morph Option for the Racial passives. I know certain races are meant to specialize at certain roles and classes but After a while you start to notice how all the people playing a certain class role are looking for the same sets and playing eerily similar looking characters... If you do a little bit of research you can align your Class with the perfect Role and Race and get that little advantage over the normies but if you go the route of preference you may end up lacking.
    This game racist! LOL no, I just want to have like a Magicka Bosmer or a Stam Altmer without getting looks of disappointment from the hardcore Min/Maxer Vets!

• Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love everything about the Bosmer changes EXCEPT Hunter’s Eye which is a swing and huge miss for me. I don’t like how the bulk of the passive (movespeed/pen boost) is contingent upon a player action (roll dodge) and therefore not really a passive... and everything that can be said about the stealth detection nonsense has been well and repeatedly said.

I feel like from a PVE dps perspective the balance goals have mostly been achieved outside of what, Argonians right? But healer and tanking race variety could have used more improvements.

Stam races being able to spec into Magicka builds, and Magicka races into stamina with neglible impact would have been desirable too.

Things like Redguard/Orc magsorc, Breton Stamblade, Bosmer Magicka DPS (Spinner) things like that.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine. I play mostly khajiit. I'm not good enough to take the changes as a nerf, actually, for me, it's only a buff. I also changed my build for a less meta setup, and went from 34k dps with DW/Bow to 36k dps with 2H/Bow (I have to test on live without the 200ms ping). I can still complete trials with my guild, but I'm free from the DW line, for now.

I'm really happy with this update, I no longer feel "guilty" for wanting to stick with khajiit in endgame scenario.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer just don't feel like Bosmer anymore. After 25 years of the Elder Scrolls they have ceased to be especially stealthy or good with the bow. They no longer fit any of the racial descriptions from any TES game.

I think it might be better if ZOS changed the name of the race to one of those generic small-people names that are widely used in the Sword and Sorcerer genre. Gnome, or Halfling, or something. Small, energetic, perceptive but not notably stealthy or proficient with the bow. Or maybe just turn their skin grey and call them...
    6UDEbQb.jpg

PC EU
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't mind any of those changes as I select races for my characters for visual and/or lore reasons mostly. So I'm fine with the changes.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on February 25, 2019 9:05AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Changes
    Khajiit because they ditched their crit chance passive.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    i dont see the point in the changes
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    The Bosmer stealth bonus removal has literally negated the entire point of my making a Bosmer thief. So it's game-breaking for that particular toon, and IMO game tweaks should never be game-breaking.

There was no point to doing that. They could've retained Khajiit stealth superiority by simply giving them a higher stealth bonus, they did not have to permanently fuse bells all over the Bosmer for it. Bad form, ZOS.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Well, I guess I'm biased, but I'm not very happy about losing the stealth bonus, as I tend to supplement my income via casual criminal actvities. xD
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 25, 2019 9:14AM