The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which of the racial changes do you dislike the most?

• Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I like all of the changes, but to answer your question accordingly:

The fact that so many people qq about nothing substantial. With a poll on a question already implying the changes to be negative for example
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    I don't really care that much. I find it interesting to change sometimes, and I never pick a race based on it's passives anyway. I just play with what I like the most. Afterall, the difference on the numbers is so small...
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    Bosmer are now stronger in PvP and PvE. I don't understand what the beef is?

Like stealth RP or something??

Apparently you missed the other 5 games where Bosmer were one of the two premier thief style races. Now they are not. Now they are the premier guard race. And that's crap.

So yes, it's a rp/questing thing.

For pvp the changes are really good. The changes are a buff for endgame pve too.

I mainly PvP, so my bosmer stamblade is happy with the changes.

@Brrrofski So did you ignore my entire post on purpose?

I didn't even see you post mate.

It's a fair complaint then. Didn't quite realise THAT many people snuck around thieving in PvP. Or, that being a bosmer was that essential. I've maxed out ledgermain and done a ton of stealing on my redguard dk so didn't realise the passive was that big.

People do need to realise 2 things though...

Firstly, people have been complaining for years for more variety at end game PVE as far as races go and this change to bosmers puts them up there as a valid choice.

Secondly, people have been complaining for years about ganking and sniping in PvP so they removed the stealth passives around that more than likely. ZOS being ZOS not realising that the tiny bit of damage loss will make no difference and want makes ganking effective is the stupid stun from stealth.

So ZOS address these two things. I for one love the new passive - speed and pen are both way more useful for what I use bosmer for than the extra damage from stealth and sneak bonus.

Please explain how removing a stealth bonus from 50% of the races that had them improves variety in the TG and DB lines?

Also, if the goal was to remove ganking it clearly failed, since Khajiit kept the hiding bonus AND they get a 10% boost to all crit damage. Throw on a shadow cloak with 3s guaranteed crits and they weren't nerfed at all. So gankers will just go Khajiit.

Where did I say it improved variety?

And I know that ganking won't go away. It's still easy to do. As I said - ZOS being ZOS.
  • Shadows_Blade
    Shadows_Blade
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    RE: Bosmer I posted this elsewhere but felt that it was relevant here too.

Fun and enjoyment come in many forms. Some people like to crunch numbers, others enjoy PVP and I enjoy sneaking around on my stealthy Bosmers. I logged in yesterday and it felt as if my Bosmers had been ***, defiled, mutilated… This was a horrible feeling. An essential part of who these characters are had been stolen from them and the fun of playing them stolen from me.

This had nothing to do with game balance. The developers said as much, according to them, stealth is not that important. Unless you are a thief or just like to sneak and role play, it is not important. It does not help with world bosses, dungeons or trials. It just makes playing the game fun. So why would they remove stealthy and replace it with hunter's eye? Something that I have not put any points into nor do I intend to. There is no one to see with it unless you play PVP and I do not. Nor should racial skills be related to PVP. Other than accidentally roll dodging I use that skill about two or three times a month. Hunter's eye is a pointless replacement for something that was at the core of Bosmer identity, stealth.

I would be a fool to continue paying for something that is no longer fun. I have canceled my recurring subscription and when it runs out, if this thoughtless decision is not reversed, I may quit the game all together. After almost three years and many hundreds of dollars spent they have chased me away with one careless act.

I was not happy about all eleven of my characters loosing points from their main statistic with the change from percent to flat racial bonuses. It did not however ruin the game for me. The loss of stealthy on my Bosmers did. I encourage other like minded players to be heard and the makers of ESO to reverse this ill conceived decision. Fun is not all about numbers or being the best; sometimes it is just about playing your characters in a way that makes you happy.