The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which of the racial changes do you dislike the most?

• phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    Argonians are even less lore friendly than before, lost their poison resistance and still don't have any passives reflecting their agile, roguish nature.
    +1000 contradicts their -Endurance of the older games.
    And still getting pigenholed into healer-only role harder than ever while getting massively outperformed by Breton. That healing done passive is just too limited and restricted

Bosmer losing stealth and that Altmer passive is also pretty meh.
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    I lost about 8k magicka in my main hand and 6k in my offhand. So, that really sucks.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Them as who made these changes clearly hate Bosmer, Altmer, and AD as a whole.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Bladewizard
    Bladewizard
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer losing stealth has caused zos to lose subs and expansion sales from my house alone. Hope it screws them out of a ton of money. This one stupid change that guts the identity of this race and that a large portion of the player community has come to these forums to protest, and beg for its return, makes no sense at all, except to those pvp players who hate bosmer.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard Changes
    Redguards lost a lot of power while supposedly being what the rebalance was based around. Sort of surprised that Redguards didn't have a vocal salty tears faction dedicated to keeping them the BIS stam race. Maybe like with Altmer people are overvaluing sustain. Maybe they didn't have a cry campaign for the same reason that lots of people make their Redguards look as white as possible. That said they're in a mostly good place anyways because despite what you see on the forums the world is not on fire.

The main impact of your racial changes are to help out non-BIS stamina/mag pairings and the patch did that without destroying anything. (I am doing Thieves Guild /Dark Brotherhood on my Bosmer pvp nightblade and will NOT miss the stealth bonus. Truly a useless bonus at least the nearly useless stealth detect will get used once in pvp.)
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    This is my before update (on left) and after update (the Racial Passives haven't been re-assigned yet) on my Altmer Magplar......

ygkoALU.jpg

This is my before update (on left) and after update (the Racial Passives haven't been re-assigned yet) on my Altmer MagSorc

TWRpL7i.jpg

#NotHappy
    #CanIChangeMyVote
    Edited by Tia413 on February 25, 2019 5:07PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    For me there is nothing to game breaking.

I prefer magsorc and in general, your choice before was simple, altmer or maybe argonian :)

So it seems like going heavy dmg, with the new sorc passive, maybe altmer is best
    But.... breton has awesome sustain
    Yet nord is looking good two with physical resistance, extra health and ult regen.

I like that there is now some choice. If you narrow your vision of racial classes into 1 role, such as beating on a vet trial boss and parsing, it's easy to develop a limited vision of possibilities.

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    But what is it like after you put the passives back on?
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all of them, ZOS did a great job at balancing the races.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    9 races. 30% of the "I don't like it" for a single race, Bosmers.

Quite logical, actually, it's the only change that massively impacts some characters. For some people it entirely removes the very reason the character was created in the first place.
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    But what is it like after you put the passives back on?

Put 3/3 back in each passive and this is what it now shows

YHrMT9Z.jpg

bCiGBa4.jpg

My MagSorc lost 273 Magicka, 174 Health and 91 Magicka Recovery

My MagPlar lost 137 Magicka, 57 Health and 94 Magicka Recovery
    Edited by Tia413 on February 25, 2019 5:54PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are now stronger in PvP and PvE. I don't understand what the beef is?

Like stealth RP or something??

• Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    Argonian passives are meh to me. They really need to give pack poison resistance, that is so lore breaking it bothers me. I posted this in another thread, it just makes no sense to me.

I'm more up in arms about the poison because it's all over the actual in game lore from quest NPC's. Someone even posted a screen shot of a quest NPC stating our poison resistance. Let's see we have the Bleakrock spider quest, Eastmarch Daril quest, Green-Venom-Tongue Shadowscale stating he got his name because he drank so much poison, his tongue is permanently stained green, Jee-Lar mentioning it in that poison sniffer lizard quest, and prob others I'm forgetting.
    Edited by Koronach on February 25, 2019 5:55PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial/Nord Changes
    Uryel wrote: »
    9 races. 30% of the "I don't like it" for a single race, Bosmers.

Quite logical, actually, it's the only change that massively impacts some characters. For some people it entirely removes the very reason the character was created in the first place.

I suppose there is a fundamental different between losing an ability central to a build versus losing stats.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on February 25, 2019 5:27PM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    sirpz wrote: »
    honestly, people complaining about altmer and bosmer are absurd. Bosmer are better than they were before, their old stealth passive was absolutely useless for actual PvE content, now they have 2000 stam and 258 regen? thats a ton of stats, sure stealth detect is useless and their roll dodge is situational, but its better than having stealth in a trial or something.

See, that's your mistake. You consider "PvE" and "high end content" to be the same thing.

Bosmers are better now for the small fraction of people who focus on trials and the like, that's true. For pretty much everyone else, ands that's the vast majority of people in the game, the loss of stealth bonus is a low blow.

In actual PvE content, which in my mouth means "anything that isn't veteran or trial", stealth is awesome. You can avoid fighting entirely in a delve and hit only the boss, gather skyshards or whatever collection you're doing in a breeze, and so on. And well, even though the bonus isn't neded for the stealth-dedicated DLCs, it still makes things alot easier and alot more fun in general. At least for us people who like being sneaky.

And let's not even talk about the lore, everything in the lore points to Bosmers being stealthy.

Also, +2000 stamina and +258 regen, a ton of stats ? Please, in my case it's actually a debuff. Thieves need a ton of stamina and stamin,a regen, so guess what, my stats where quite focused on that. Which means percentage values provided me with more.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Apparently you missed the other 5 games where Bosmer were one of the two premier thief style races. Now they are not. Now they are the premier guard race. And that's crap.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc Changes
    I tried a lot of set/mundus/cp combinations on the pts. Almost entirely stamblade. No matter what I did, if I changed to orc at the end, my dps went up. Orc is just plain better because they have more to work with. All they had to do was take away the 1k health and it would have been fine. People would probably still pick orc even without the 1k health, but it would force the choices they claim they want people to make.

On a dodgeroll build, go ahead and set up your bossmer. Then switch to orc, shuffle the stats and you should have enough room for the same effective weapon damage, stam regen and health, but with a swift trait that includes 6% speed all the time instead of the conditional boost.

It's stuff like that that makes Orc my least favorite change. It's also the big spotlight for them not giving even a tiny crap about pve. It's pvp balance in a game that disconnected me the last 5 times in a row that I tried to port to sej when the action was in that area.

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    I'm assuming the Bosmer stealth change went through (patch is taking for-EVER to DL) and if so that was a garbage change. Stealth detect is utterly and completely worthless, should have been left as it was. I don't even have a Bosmer and that change still made me cringe.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    i can't wait to use my bosmer in imperial city! :-) love that passive, going to combine some armor and potions with it too.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    ^i actually created one for the purpose.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    I'm assuming the Bosmer stealth change went through (patch is taking for-EVER to DL) and if so that was a garbage change. Stealth detect is utterly and completely worthless, should have been left as it was. I don't even have a Bosmer and that change still made me cringe.

It did. I have two bosmers and with the bosmer warden, the rational side of my brain is saying "Well you lost stealth, might as well turn him into an orc." And the other side is "You created this Bosmer as a nod to the old ES Bosmer racial of calming woodland creatures. That didn't change."

Either way I am not putting points into the new racial "Hunter's Eye".

Ugh. I have lost so much energy for this game.
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 25, 2019 5:48PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Easily Bosmer. Took away a passive with use in PvE and PvP, gave them one useless in both, on top of being totally lorebreaking
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes

While some people count DPS numbers, others play the game. Well, you know, MMORPG, but still RPG. Lore? Immersion? Sound familiar? (¬‿¬)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Swergdach wrote: »

While some people count DPS numbers, others play the game. Well, you know, MMORPG, but still RPG. Lore? Immersion? Sound familiar? (¬‿¬)

I know right? What attracted people to the ES games before ESO, the wonderful UI?

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Easily Bosmer. Took away a passive with use in PvE and PvP, gave them one useless in both, on top of being totally lorebreaking

This is what I don't understand. They changed the passives to give us more choice since some races were so much better you "had" to use them. Ok well, how is making only ONE race now have a stealth passive good for those who want to focus on being a thief? Before we had two race choices for thieves, now we have one. So to be the best thief now you HAVE to be a Khajiit. This decision is LIMITING racial choice.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    What gets me is that there was an enormous thread on this, multiple outcries asking them not to do this, and they still did it. And this thread is further proof of how much none of us wanted any of these changes, especially the Bosmer players.

It's ridiculous.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Altmer cause my main is altmer and have 3 altmer though won't change them.
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Redguards lost a lot of power while supposedly being what the rebalance was based around. Sort of surprised that Redguards didn't have a vocal salty tears faction dedicated to keeping them the BIS stam race. Maybe like with Altmer people are overvaluing sustain. Maybe they didn't have a cry campaign for the same reason that lots of people make their Redguards look as white as possible. That said they're in a mostly good place anyways because despite what you see on the forums the world is not on fire.

The main impact of your racial changes are to help out non-BIS stamina/mag pairings and the patch did that without destroying anything. (I am doing Thieves Guild /Dark Brotherhood on my Bosmer pvp nightblade and will NOT miss the stealth bonus. Truly a useless bonus at least the nearly useless stealth detect will get used once in pvp.)

@Brrrofski hey remember me? I recommended your Saptank build to anyone who would listen lol

It’s not stealth rp.

I’ve tested the 3 meter stealth detection. It only works on crouched characters in melee range. Anyone in pvp who uses stealth in melee range is using Cloak or a potion, and the passive doesn’t work against that. For example Incap is 5 meters, so you are already dead 2 meters before the passive kicks in. Others have tested it and it doesn’t stack with Evil Hunter either. So basically it will only work on players that are in melee range and those players won’t wait until 3 meters to attack/already have invisibility.

Second, pve does not require stealth detect for any reason.

Stealth radius reduction on the other hand is actually used in pve. If it was useless in pve we wouldn’t have 2 armor sets, 2 dlc, and the entire pickpocket/crafting mechanic. It’s valid that anyone can do without it, AND it’s also valid that people specialize in something for their enjoyment. Specializing in sneak is actually helpful in pvp and pve. Specializing in detect is not helpful anywhere.

I hope you understand. We aren’t arguing about the rest of the passives, they’re good. It’s just that we were served crap with our steak, at least if they served cauliflower with the steak SOMEONE would eat it.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer is the one driving me to use a race-change token.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them.

These changes are actually incredibly balanced, if the extensive PTS testing is to be believed.