The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which of the racial changes do you dislike the most?

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    No reason to play my Bosmer thieves any more. All that time leveling Legerdemain, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood wasted. I will only play my Khajiit thieves from now on.

This also cost ZOS some money, because now I won't have to buy a character slot for a Necromancer. I'll just use one of the deleted Bosmer slots.

Thanks, ZOS.... you're the best! *kicks rocks*
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭
    Orc Changes
    orcs cuz it's just broken now.
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Its a Bosmer rebellion! Give back our stealth radius!
    tumblr_ohisooIVVI1re2zr4o1_250.gif
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Jaraal wrote: »
    This also cost ZOS some money, because now I won't have to buy a character slot for a Necromancer. I'll just use one of the deleted Bosmer slots.

I was thinking something similar earlier myself. I've flagged two of my altmer as potential characters to delete if I end up wanting to make more than necromancer.

Not bad. But maybe now would be the time to rip our cannibalism rather than our muscles.
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Not bad. But maybe now would be the time to rip our cannibalism rather than our muscles.

ZOS Please :)
    mUHho2Q.gif
    Or else >:)
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    I had to put Imperials and Nords into the same poll space. Since people for the most part found them lacking till this update I placed them together. Reason why is limited poll options can only use ten slots and I wanted to include an other option with this one.
    For the most part I am okay with them. I personally am not fond of the changes with Khajiit and Bosmer, as I feel their passives should belong to the other race. Stealth Detection, Should be a khajiit option and Stealth reduction a Bosmer one. Khajiit are based on felines, Felines have very good sense for detecting motion, aka prey, harder to sneak upon because of hearing, vision, sense of smell and also whiskers. Tried to sneak a finger to pet my cat the other night or day or last night and well their head turned and he was mostly asleep or asleep at the time also got to consider the fact their whiskers also help allow them to sense things when their vision cannot. So with the whiskers, sense of smell, eye sight and hearing. It makes the most sense they are able to detect sneak thieves the best of all other races. Be the best acrobats of all the other races.

The lore place Bosmer as the major thief race. Their rite of theft and they are some of the best sneaks. So I do feel they got them wrong and have been giving them the wrong passives. Bosmer Should have Theft, Khajiit should have acrobatics. That is one of my major issues with the race changes, giving some of the races the wrong thing. Khajiit pickpocketing passive should have been given to the Bosmer and the Bosmer fall damage passive should have been given to the Khajiit. This is what I think the two races should have looked like Bosmer Pickpocket chance, Khajiit Fall Damage reduction. Bosmer Stealth Detect Reduction, Khajiit Stealth Detection increase.

I'm not thrilled with the Altmer changes if they plan on scraping their magicka regen bonus.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I had to put Imperials and Nords into the same poll space. Since people for the most part found them lacking till this update I placed them together. Reason why is limited poll options can only use ten slots and I wanted to include an other option with this one.
    For the most part I am okay with them. I personally am not fond of the changes with Khajiit and Bosmer, as I feel their passives should belong to the other race. Stealth Detection, Should be a khajiit option and Stealth reduction a Bosmer one. Khajiit are based on felines, Felines have very good sense for detecting motion, aka prey, harder to sneak upon because of hearing, vision, sense of smell and also whiskers. Tried to sneak a finger to pet my cat the other night or day or last night and well their head turned and he was mostly asleep or asleep at the time also got to consider the fact their whiskers also help allow them to sense things when their vision cannot. So with the whiskers, sense of smell, eye sight and hearing. It makes the most sense they are able to detect sneak thieves the best of all other races. Be the best acrobats of all the other races.

The lore place Bosmer as the major thief race. Their rite of theft and they are some of the best sneaks. So I do feel they got them wrong and have been giving them the wrong passives. Bosmer Should have Theft, Khajiit should have acrobatics. That is one of my major issues with the race changes, giving some of the races the wrong thing. Khajiit pickpocketing passive should have been given to the Bosmer and the Bosmer fall damage passive should have been given to the Khajiit. This is what I think the two races should have looked like Bosmer Pickpocket chance, Khajiit Fall Damage reduction. Bosmer Stealth Detect Reduction, Khajiit Stealth Detection increase.

I'm not thrilled with the Altmer changes if they plan on scraping their magicka regen bonus.

They basically did, its official on that its patching right now. Patch notes are out and what was seen on pts is going live. The lower stat gets the regen basically.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/460633/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-3-5-wrathstone-update-21#latest
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 25, 2019 2:54PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh ... do I vote for the Altmer changes which will affect most of my characters or the Bosmer changes that I think are most egregiously anti-lore and current gameplay? I've always assumed that someday I'd roll a Bosmer and do the Thieves Guild quest line--or at least liked having the option. Khajiit are cool, but not for me. Can't decide ...
    Edited by Imryll on February 25, 2019 3:00PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial/Nord Changes
    I mostly dislike that Imperial and Nord are combined as poll option while other is an option. Just skip other and people can post without votes.

That being said, I am sad for my Imperials, esp my main, who may end up a Nord. As annoying as Nords are, I really don't care about race apart from benefits. I my tank likes spamming ults.

So I don't like where my Imp is, but I like Nord changes (so dumb to combine).
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on February 25, 2019 2:58PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I mostly dislike that Imperial and Nord are combined as poll option while other is an option. Just skip other and people can post without votes.

That being said, I am sad for my Imperials, esp my main, who may end up a Nord. As annoying as Nords are, I really don't care about race apart from benefits. I my tank likes spamming ults.

So I don't like where my Imp is, but I like Nord changes (so dumb to combine).

Last poll I did with races or something people didn't like I didn't have an other option I decided to include it this time. Sorry about having to merge a couple of races together. I did explain why on the thread itself. No matter what one does some people are just not satisfied. Does not really matter hopefully this patch goes well for everyone. I understand what you are saying though I wished I had more options for the poll but I did not. I had to stick to the ten it gives me. If it was not for that then those races would have been separate.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 25, 2019 3:09PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    I shouldn't be surprised that the sneak radius reduction removal went live, but here I am, deeply sad and angry.
    Thanks to centuries of this practice, the tribal Bosmer have become legendary for their stealth. The title of their most famous poem, the Meh Ayleidion, means "The One Thousand Benefits of Hiding."
    hjts2foi1ifl.jpg
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    My Khajiit's getting nerfed all to hell, I was hoping they'd give Nords something to make them viable for dd's and I'll probably never finish leveling my Argonian or Altmer now. It's ok though, I don't really mind. The Breton and Redguard should be fine and my 2 Dunmer might see more action, although the one I was building around fire damage is going to need a rework. Unfortunately, my incentive to invest any more time into alts is quickly fading with every nerf-filled patch, so I doubt I'll even bother with any of them.

The thing is, I don't even play a Bosmer and I'm still more pissed off about them losing the stealth bonus than anything else. I've been following all the threads and polls on this topic that are chock-full of solid arguments against this change and the weak non-response from the devs comes off like a big old blatant FU. It's cool, we'll see how this all plays out I guess...
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Altmer. Most absurd and illogical racial passive that they will regret.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Changes
    You know, I have fully leveled thieves that are imperials and other races that never had a stealth bonus and they do fine. My bosmer thief will still do just fine.

While I am sorry Bosmer lost their stealth passive, I disagree that khajiit should lose it and be given detect. I would be fine with giving it back to bosmer but not at the expense of removing it from khajiit.

Beta tester November 2013
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer change is absolutely terrible. It manages to be both lore breaking and completely worthless. The last passive for Bosmer is 3 additional skill points.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

They basically did, its official on that its patching right now. Patch notes are out and what was seen on pts is going live. The lower stat gets the regen basically.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/460633/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-3-5-wrathstone-update-21#latest

I don't understand how anyone could possibly think that this makes any sense. Why would you want to regen the stat that you do not use?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer stealth bonus was the only racial I was ever really aware of/paid attention to. I honestly can't remember any of the racials of my other characters.

So.

Yeah. :/
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 25, 2019 3:31PM
  • Axmouth
    Axmouth
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Seriously.. With Khajiit and Altmer next.

Was quite excited for Khajiit in fact. Guess it still works, but previous was better Not even gonna comment on the others.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    I don't like the fact argonians lost their poison resistance. :/
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Altmer changes are terrible for those of us who played Altmer healer.

The lamest thing I saw was a class rep saying that the extra spell damage would help Altmer healers 'spec more into sustain' when healers at end game already spec into sustain. Really showing a lot of ignorance there about why healers picked Altmer over other races, sadly.

Just very disappointed that these changes have gone live, healers have no choice now over race, if you do not play Breton you are playing a worse class. Bye bye choice.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    Let ya know once I get an active feel for changes....
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Altmer was fine with the first PTS release. It had one mostly useless ability in the passive - the damage reduction during channel time abilities - but the rest was solid. Then they removed one of the solid passives and replaced it with a second mostly useless ability. I really don't understand it.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    I think the ZOS dev responsible for this going live is doing a very bad job.

I selected Dunmer because that impacts me the most, but I think the change of identity to Bosmer is shameful. You don't change a product like this 5 years in unless you _absolutely_ need to. This was purely whimsical and ZOS could have easily reverted the stealth detection radius change without upsetting ANYONE. To me, their refusal is plainly stubborn and arrogant.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    AndyMac wrote: »
    Dunmer should have kept flame damage - the changes generally aren’t too bad - but that flavour loss tho ....

it's horrible, flame dmg is so good it buff things like zaan.
  • sirpz
    sirpz
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    honestly, people complaining about altmer and bosmer are absurd. Bosmer are better than they were before, their old stealth passive was absolutely useless for actual PvE content, now they have 2000 stam and 258 regen? thats a ton of stats, sure stealth detect is useless and their roll dodge is situational, but its better than having stealth in a trial or something. People crying about lore need to calm down, its still pretty lore friendly, they have tons of stam and theyre hunters.

And altmer. jesus christ, they still are one of the highest performers, people are just crying because theyre not the absolute master race like they were in patch week 1. Altmers do a *** of damage, bretons have a *** of sustain, dunmer do damage but theyre not as good but they get hybrid.

I only dislike dunmer because I wish they didnt force them into a hybrid role, overall I like all the changes, and dunmer are good, but they should be primarily a mag, not mediocre at both mag and stam, they have no identity, unlike the other classes, nothing unique, even khajiits are unique because they get crit damage.

I think overall ZoS did a really good job balancing all the classes, but I'll be changing my argonian stamblade to an orc.
    Former Guild Master for the Gold Dragon Inquisitors
    Former Officer for the Stolen Sweetroll

The Bone Zone, Gryphon Heart | Argonian Necrotank
    Agristair Theol, Shield of the North | Breton Sorctank
    Julius Tullius Raenor, Immortal Redeemer | Imperial TankDK
    Rhosh the Impaler, Mageslayer | Orc Tankplar
    Blind-From-Shadows, Boethiah's Scythe | Argonain Tankblade
    Darius Countenain, Kyne's Will | Redguard Tankden

... and a bunch of other dps and heal toons

| CP 1300+ | 6500+hrs |
  • sirpz
    sirpz
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    mb10 wrote: »
    Aldmeri Dominion getting toasted. Nothing new

altmer are still one of the best mag races, only thing is theyre not undisputed the best 100% of the time. cry me a river.

| CP 1300+ | 6500+hrs |
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Stamina sustain on magicka race makes 0 sense, even in pvp will not be that good.
    Also Breton changes are a bit 2 much.
    They simply moved old red diamond to orc making it useless passive.
    Dunmer changes is a massive 7% nerf to mag dk pve damage, good one zos. Like they were the worse melees anyway.

In the end the devs that designed races with old attributes were so much better than these ones that just wanted to shift the meta races (the whole reason of this change) to make some cash out of players.
  • sirpz
    sirpz
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    Starlock wrote: »
    Altmer was fine with the first PTS release. It had one mostly useless ability in the passive - the damage reduction during channel time abilities - but the rest was solid. Then they removed one of the solid passives and replaced it with a second mostly useless ability. I really don't understand it.

Altmer were absolutely broken week 1. they were undisputed best mag race, they had sustain, stats, and damage, theyre just balanced now. bretons have stats and sustain, altmer have stats and damage.

| CP 1300+ | 6500+hrs |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Bosmer is my main though...I betray them with my vote....
    Edited by Tasear on February 25, 2019 5:29PM
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmers lost their original stealth passive ability, and Argonians - their poison resistance, that messing up with game's lore itself. Nice job, ZOS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    q3jmwqrbr97g.png