The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Which of the racial changes do you dislike the most?

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    I love everything about the Bosmer changes EXCEPT Hunter’s Eye which is a swing and huge miss for me. I don’t like how the bulk of the passive (movespeed/pen boost) is contingent upon a player action (roll dodge) and therefore not really a passive...

I already roll around like a lunatic, anyway, so I'm OK with that, to be honest.

I got used to disengaging in WoW and then roll dodging in GW2.

So, I just continued with that playstyle here.

For me, the question is whether the races are more equally balanced, overall - as that was supposed to be the goal of the exercise.

I can't really see how they are - it just seems to have moved stuff around more than anything - but, there you go.

• Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    @Tigerseye

That’s fortunate the passive synergies nicely for your play style but it won’t for everyone. This is supposed to be the utility passive for Bosmer, Magicka Bosmer are not going to be able to sustain roll dodging to take advantage of the spell pen boost of the passive so it is completely used to them.

Also, my main problem with the passive is that it’s well, more of an active than a passive. Resourceful suffers from a similar problem but I’ll let Argonian mains cover that if needed.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Aldmeri Dominion getting toasted. Nothing new
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    That one Bosmer change. It's just mind-blowingly... wrong.

I can live with the rest of the changes, but that one just... UGH.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    bearbelly wrote: »
    That one Bosmer change. It's just mind-blowingly... wrong.

I can live with the rest of the changes, but that one just... UGH.

This. It's just infuriating when ZOS make stupid changes like this for incredibly dumb reasons that show they don't even play their own game and have no understanding of how players relate to their characters.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Bosmer, because my character is a Bosmer :D
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally thought the race war was over
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc Changes
    They still look like an orc
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Changes
    Argonian & Bosmer (voted alphabetically).
    Those 2 races are probably the weakest ones when it comes to racial passives (assuming PTS will go live).

Argonians are in quite bad spot as they are kinda "ok" (at best) for a tank role (but nowhere near bis as nords, imerials and even redguards are better) and are also outclassed by pretty much all magicka races when it comes to healer role - so well pretty much no one will use them. DPS - they are also bottom for both mag and stam.

Bosmers are also in a bad spot. Their detection passive has very narrow use (only in PvP). Their role dodge penetration passive forces very awkward playstyle and gives diminish dps increase.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 25, 2019 12:28PM
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc Changes
    orcs way overtuned
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Gryph13
    Gryph13
    Other- One of the following reasons. Some of the above racial changes, All of the Above changes I don't like, I'm Fine with most of the racial Changes, Etc
    I voted other - as I think the changes are not too shabby. That said, I sorta dislike the emo level of responses, and think the sky is falling mentality is a bit over the top here after these changes. i am glad they are shaking things up a bit.

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc Changes
    Gryph13 wrote: »
    I voted other - as I think the changes are not too shabby. That said, I sorta dislike the emo level of responses, and think the sky is falling mentality is a bit over the top here after these changes. i am glad they are shaking things up a bit.

I will post an emo picture of my woodelf as soon as we go live, just to annoy you
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Gryph13
    Gryph13
    Gryph13 wrote: »

I will post an emo picture of my woodelf as soon as we go live, just to annoy you

HAHHAHA, it will likely just make me laugh :) promise not to be annoyed.

• Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these changes are going against lore and I don't like that.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Zacuel wrote: »
    .. the whole point of racial changes. Allowing more races more options..... 😋

Unless of course you are a bosmer :/

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc Changes
    orcs way overtuned

Agreed.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    I am worried about the regen.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Some of these changes are going against lore and I don't like that.

Couldn't have said it better myself

These Racial passive changes just seem so wrong

Well, I won't be taking the time to listen to the quest npc's or read books anymore....seems lore isn't important any longer :(

Or at least that is how this update is making me feel.

So, so sad :(:(:(
    Edited by Tia413 on February 25, 2019 11:34AM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iam glady that they mixed the field up a bit. Im not judging the changes straight away and either way, as we all know changes are things that come and go. Maybe next week everything will be reverted, who can tell what happens next.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From a PvP perspective, I like them all to be fair. Like every race is stronger than others for certain builds.

Everyone of them looks strong in PvP. Just depends on your build.

Outside of gank builds, bosmer NBs have improved a lot.
    The stam return on altmers is super strong in PvP and the cast time damage reduction is nice for Templar too.
    Orc is strong for any stam build. Imperial and Nord too. Even mag Nords and imperials will be nice.
    Redguard will be strong on stam sorc and stam DK.
    Breton good for any magica build.
    Argonian will be good too (that burst sustain is so good in PvP)
    Khajit will be BIS for ganking and ok for other builds although not best.
    Dark elf will be good for magica builds mostly - the extra stam is nice. Ok for stam builds too.

Of course, this is if it doesn't change from last PTS notes.

I don't really pve much beyond 4 man content so BIS for that doesn't bother me. Don't really care about lore either - kinda hard to feel immersed when a dude called xXx Epik Shotz xXx is teabagging you.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 25, 2019 11:50AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    I mainly dislike khajiit change from crit chance to crit damage as I play only khajiits ande this is runing my build, gameplay around my build other than meta...but I know this change is not that horrible like bosmer change :/
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    I have a lot of bosmer and altmer and unfortunately both races get passives I strongly dislike.

I voted for bosmer cos they got double whammied. They lost the one passive I potentially could get some use out of (stealth bonus). And I despise some-strange-effect-when-you-dodge things. Despise. With a passion.

Altmer are a close second though. I don't mind the nerf to their max magicka but I play ESO because it doesn't have cooldowns and offers more freedom than most MMOs, though sadly not as much as the single player games.

The new Altmer passive which returns resources is on a cooldown and only triggers when using a class ability. Yek!

Thankfully I'm not very advanced with most of these characters so at least have the option of relegating them to storage mules.
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer Changes
    Can only pick one choice, but rather unhappy about two of them.

First is Bosmer, for reasons stated much better than I could many times here.

How would putting stealth back really affect DPS? Is it going to make them OP ?

If so, why does Khajiit have it? It would make more sense to me for Bosmer to have stealth and Khajiit have stealth detection- though I really dont think its fair for Khajiit to have this useless trait either though it seems more in line with lore anyway. Night vision from Khajiit comes to mind..

And speaking of useless traits, this stamina regen thing with Altmer? Really?!?

Look, I get it. Races are supposed to be damage or sustain. Not both. But why is Altmer given such a useless passive?

If they want keep consistant, why not make Altmer in line with Orc, a stamina damage race?

I posted this before, but I will repeat because I still just dont get it?

If it is a case of damage vs sustain, as you say then compare two damage characters:

Altmer: + 2000 mag
    Orc: + 2000 stam

Altmer: + 258 spell dam
    Orc: + 258 weapon dam

Looks like two sides of the same coin. Then:

Altmer: + 645 stam when activating an ability. 6 second cooldown.
    Orc: + 1000 health and heals up to 600 health when deals weapon damage. 4 second cooldown.

Why does Altmer not have this health passive? At least for the sake of consistancy?

Or instead of health, give Orc 645 mag 'return' every 6 seconds?

Because giving Orc magicka is somehow wrong, but giving Altmer stamina is right?

Sorry, but these changes to me feel like trolling because I can not understand what other sort of reasoning they are using here..
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    I want the dark elfs not to loose their additional fire damage.

Its what makes them better than those snooty high elves.

Their the Dark Knights of eso.

Dark elf + dragon knight = Dark Knight.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on February 25, 2019 12:26PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    Sorry, but these changes to me feel like trolling because I can not understand what other sort of reasoning they are using here..

If you're adding a new class to the game and want to encourage more players to try it, making them hate their existing characters is one way to go.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit because they ditched their crit chance passive.

Khajiit

• Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket → No changes
    • Nimble: 20% Health Recovery and 10% Stamina Recovery → Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 75.
    • Stealthy: Reduce detection radius by 3m and Increase damage from Stealth by 10% → Lunar Blessings: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 750.
    • Carnage: Increase Weapon Critical Chance by 8% → Feline Ambush: Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 8%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5m.

This one sees we still have crit passives
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    barney2525 wrote: »

Khajiit

• Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket → No changes
    • Nimble: 20% Health Recovery and 10% Stamina Recovery → Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 75.
    • Stealthy: Reduce detection radius by 3m and Increase damage from Stealth by 10% → Lunar Blessings: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 750.
    • Carnage: Increase Weapon Critical Chance by 8% → Feline Ambush: Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 8%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5m.

Read the pts 4.3.3 patch notes they changed it to this.
    Khajiit
    Feline Ambush: Reworked the 8% Spell and Weapon Critical Strike Chance to 10% Critical Damage and Critical Healing.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 25, 2019 12:43PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    barney2525 wrote: »

Khajiit

@barney2525 This is not the up to date version. They changed the 8% Crit chance to 10% Crit damage.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 25, 2019 12:40PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer Changes
    What I don't get really is if they are nerfing say the Altmer and Dunmer because they are too strong for magicka, why buff Orcs that much? I mean, I am happy for Orcs, I have an Orc, but I have an Altmer and Dunmer too. Especially Dunmer, what exactly is Dunmer good for now? Nothing, because hybrids in this game is NOT a thing. It's not a thing in PvP, and definitely NOT a thing in PvE.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer Changes
    Okay, the world will not end because of this patch and my Bosmer thief will still be playable despite it. But...it will forever feel like something is missing. She will never again be as good a thief as she was. From now on she will have to stay 3m further away from enemies and guards to sneak by them; something that she may not be able to do at times. She will have greatly improved eyesight...and not even realize it. She'll have increased damage after dodge rolling...and be too busy using the increased speed after dodge roll to run away from an attack to care about it.

I'll test her sneaking in-game post-patch before getting really upset. I don't expect Bosmer stealth to be doomed (other races sneak just fine), but it will not be as fun as it was. :/

Nord/Redguard/Orc: Meh. My nord is no tank. She is a battleaxe-swinging, warcry-screaming StamDPS DK. Why are Redguards and Orcs the ones who get boosts to sustain and damage while Nords get just a little resistance and ult gen that only a tank could use to its full potential?!

Altmer: I am not a fan of the Altmer and never have been, but I do understand and sympathize with those who are upset at their new line up. Magic users restoring their stamina? Stamina users restoring their magicka? Helpful for hybrids, not for those who go pure one or the other.

Khajiit: My Bosmer is wistfully jealous of their stealth abilities...