Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Critical Damage Tests between Dunmer and Khajiit. Proof that Dunmer getting higher crit dmg 4.3.3

nsmurfer
nsmurfer
✭✭✭✭✭
3.9k Weapon Damage without Dunmer Bonus

Khajiit No-CP
jkucu9848ipy.png
Dunmer No-CP
dz22hur7mnd0.png
Khajiit CP
5p0plrrdqrmh.png
Dunmer CP with HP equalized
s8z3cft0a9fw.png
Dunmer CP with no HP equalization
fu7f82sitz3u.png

Simplification

Khajiit No-CP - 4913 crit dmg
Dunmer No-CP - 4887 crit dmg
Khajiit CP - 6201 crit dmg
Dunmer CP with HP equalized - 6215 crit dmg
Dunmer CP with no HP equalized (already had 17k+ HP, so not needed) - 6776 crit dmg

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett @Masel @Checkmath @Joy_Division

Please don't tell me this is intended!!! Dunmer/Orc/Altmer beating Khajiit in crit dmg means Khajiit is virtually useless. It will just get worse the higher critical dmg modifier I stack.

It is very similar to the condition of Shadow on live

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/366347/shadow-vs-warrior-apprentice-whats-the-point-of-shadow

Edited by nsmurfer on February 11, 2019 11:57PM
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can use Major Force and It will further push values in the favor of Dunmer.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    Khajiit No-CP
    jkucu9848ipy.png
    Dunmer No-CP
    dz22hur7mnd0.png
    Khajiit CP
    5p0plrrdqrmh.png
    Dunmer CP with HP equalized
    s8z3cft0a9fw.png
    Dunmer CP with no HP equalization
    fu7f82sitz3u.png

Simplification

Khajiit No-CP - 4913 crit dmg
    Dunmer No-CP - 4887 crit dmg
    Khajiit CP - 6201 crit dmg
    Dunmer CP with HP equalized - 6215 crit dmg
    Dunmer CP with no HP equalized (already had 17k+ HP, so not needed) - 6776 crit dmg

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett @Masel @Checkmath @Joy_Division

Please don't tell me this is intended!!! Dunmer/Orc/Altmer beating Khajiit in crit dmg means Khajiit is virtually useless. It will just get worse the higher critical dmg modifier I stack.

It is very similar to the condition of Shadow on live

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/366347/shadow-vs-warrior-apprentice-whats-the-point-of-shadow

If you really wanna compare this then you would need to keep the stats static meaning they both need to have the same amount of stam and weapon dmg. Dunmer hits harder because it has that extra weapon dmg that affects the light attack first, then he crit gets calculated on top of that and thus you hit harder eventhough you have less crit.

Take CP for example. If you had to choose between 10% lets say physical dmg or 10% crit dmg then if you go with physical it will crit harder than going with the crit itself.

So in that case yes it is a bit imbalance. They both do pretty close dmg but the dunmer gets the increase before crit too which then causes it to out perform kajit unless you had a 100% chance and would spec into higher weap dmg.

Crit dmg only becomes valubale as the base dmage is maxed out or scales down. For all I know if you had 200% crit dmg but only 1k weapon dmg you would still hit like a noodle.

However if you maxed on weapon dmg then add 10% crit dmg to it you have the opposite effect and you will hit like a truck. It really depends on how you build.
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 11:16PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank so much for the testing. There's too much talk with no numbers. Hopefully, they respond to this and ignore every comment without actual evidence.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dr.NRG What? That is the whole point. The very point of the test is to prove that Weapon/Spell damage bonus of Dunmer gives them higher critical damage than the new "critical dmg" race.

Why will anyone use Khajiit ever Dunmer gives them higher crit damage and higher non-crit damage.
    Edited by nsmurfer on February 11, 2019 11:13PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You realize the point of showing this is that the dunmer racial bonus for weapon damage results in more crit damage than a khajiit that has a crit damage racial, those differences are the point.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    You realize the point of showing this is that the dunmer racial bonus for weapon damage results in more crit damage than a khajiit that has a crit damage racial, those differences are the point.

exactly this is point here but also dont forget as when here khajiit crit dmg bonus is inferior to dunmer weapon dmg it also have no use in noncrits while dunmer dmg bonus apply to every hit, not only crit so next advantage of dunmer over khajiit
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes but thats logical. Thats only true to a certain extent though. Once you hit a certain amount of weapon dmg then adding on more weapon dmg will increase the dmg for less and less percentage wise. So at a certain point Crit dmg will become more effective than weapon dmg.

If he had 2k weap dmg then picks a dunmer over a kajit he will crit way harder as he adds buffed about 20% weapon dmg to his bas weapon dmg and thus his hits before crit harder and so also after crit hit harder as everyone has a base multiplayer of 50% anyways.

If he had 4k and picks a dunmer then that extra weap dmg he gets is comparative a much smaller percentage about 8% and thus he will crit harder if he picks kajit instead because he gets that flat 10%

As higher he goes in weapon dmg as better kajit is compared to dunmer and vise versa. Now we just need @Gilliamtherogue to tell us where these meet before and after cp is applied.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

Yes but thats logical. Thats only true to a certain extent though. Once you hit a certain amount of weapon dmg then adding on more weapon dmg will increase the dmg for less and less percentage wise. So at a certain point Crit dmg will become more effective than weapon dmg.

If he had 2k weap dmg then picks a dunmer over a kajit he will crit way harder as he adds buffed about 20% weapon dmg to his bas weapon dmg and thus his hits before crit harder and so also after crit hit harder as everyone has a base multiplayer of 50% anyways.

If he had 4k and picks a dunmer then that extra weap dmg he gets is comparative a much smaller percentage about 8% and thus he will crit harder if he picks kajit instead because he gets that flat 10%

As higher he goes in weapon dmg as better kajit is compared to dunmer and vise versa. Now we just need @Gilliamtherogue to tell us where these meet before and after cp is applied.

That point is around 9.6k Effective Weapon/Spell dmg. This is my PvP build with 4k weapon damage and 35k stam
    Edited by nsmurfer on February 11, 2019 11:29PM
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

That point is around 9.6k Effective Weapon/Spell dmg.

If thats true then yall are just screwed lol;)

ByeBye Kajit
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 11:29PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell. It actually makes me think that ZOS doesn't do any meaningful balancing. They're just tossing random numbers around.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dr.NRG hmm
    the higher with crit we go then less efficient it will be as we have cap for crit chance and it is hard to reach very high modifier of crit damage soe mosty stam builds are going for average or minimum and then stack for weapon damage because for pure damage there is no cap and this would be more efficient to do nonstop tbh
    + buffs as major brutality is scaling % of your weapon damage so also as higher total wepaon damage you will have you will get better bonus from major brutality
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloody hell. It actually makes me think that ZOS doesn't do any meaningful balancing. They're just tossing random numbers around.

tbh like always, nothing new at all

at start of this pts patch was really nice while in every next patch other worse races still was adjusting but then again they used random hit on board with "unexpected *** changes needed to noone"

if something is going good with blanace changes at ZOS...it is to good, we should always be ready for unexpected *** change without any reason/aplaintation, just to bamboozle another group of players
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this goes live, RIP Khajiit.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't you trolling Altmer players after they got nerfed? Maybe this is some karmic justice.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't you trolling Altmer players after they got nerfed? Maybe this is some karmic justice.
    Well we still have the issue that Altmer has 125 more magic than Dunmer.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

tbh like always, nothing new at all

at start of this pts patch was really nice while in every next patch other worse races still was adjusting but then again they used random hit on board with "unexpected *** changes needed to noone"

if something is going good with blanace changes at ZOS...it is to good, we should always be ready for unexpected *** change without any reason/aplaintation, just to bamboozle another group of players
    Well I give credit for Orc tanking :)
    Or more likely they was not washed out of Caglorn in the flashflood of Altmer tears.

ESO balance team in action.
    B-29s-firebombs.jpg
    Read second line in my signature
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zaria yep
    people started to cry over khajiits because theu started to be one of top 3 dps races for mag or stam and what we get? something about I was worry since 1st patch notes which I have seen...khajiit will be to op (even if not BiS race, just one of these top) and people will start cry for nerfs even if dps difference between races is now 200-1k depending which race to which other race we compare, not like now on live huge gap like I will guess good 3k if not more
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I entirely expected a split between CHD and CHC, a full on 10% CHD is a bit of a surprise for me, but it's hardly unwarranted as we slowly walk our way back to the Critical Damage meta.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    @zaria yep
    people started to cry over khajiits because theu started to be one of top 3 dps races for mag or stam and what we get? something about I was worry since 1st patch notes which I have seen...khajiit will be to op (even if not BiS race, just one of these top) and people will start cry for nerfs even if dps difference between races is now 200-1k depending which race to which other race we compare, not like now on live huge gap like I will guess good 3k if not more
    Yes, and because Altmer tears flooded Craglorn, note that Orcs managed to tank trough even if serious OP as no campaign.
    Note that the Altmer campaign then went underground as they suddenly understood they had just set them self up for more nerfs, who could predict that ???
    Best solution is to spam forum with complains as its proven to work.
    Use lots of parses Khajiit is very dependent on crit chance and you can be unlucky :)
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO a number of anti-Altmer advocates in this thread including the OP, but now that their kitty is doing a tiny bit less damage than a Dunmer we have this: ksq68erh1kvi.jpg
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, this is just my observation from this company so far.

Well, here we go. All of these dramatic changes will only luring people ask for nerfs and that's exactly the reaction ZOS wants from players. Why? So they can claim "We did listen your feedback, dawg." and earn some good reputations back while nerf all of them and shifting responsibility to players.

Just my 2 cents. Tbh, week 1 was just too good to be true. *Sigh*
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on February 12, 2019 1:15AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sage2000 wrote: »
    LMAO a number of anti-Altmer advocates in this thread including the OP, but now that their kitty is doing a tiny bit less damage than a Dunmer we have this: ksq68erh1kvi.jpg

yeah doing a tiny bit less damage instead of huge chunk sacrifacing last remains of build diversity in this game.
    as long khajiit had crit chance bonus we could use other than meta slave builds for crit and still be efficient...now? now without meta build with crit bonuses we wont have even significan use of this crit damage passive because of how low crit chance is in no meta builds
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is today like Bad Theorycrafting Day or something? A new wonderful holiday I didn't know about?

I'm just going to copypasta my response from another thread, but for real y'all, do some in-depth testing, think about your results, think about how they might extrapolate with group buffs, crunch the numbers, and double-check your work. Don't ping a bunch of ZOS employees and class reps and create a big commotion unless you've done all that.

First, take off your Shock enchant. Minor Vulnerability is probably skewing your tests.

Second, this all depends on your starting Weapon Damage and Crit Damage modifier values.

Let me demonstrate.

Setup:

5 x Perfect Rele, 5 x Advancing Yokeda, 2 x Velidreth. All Divines. 1 x Infused, 2 x Bloodthirsty. Nirn mainhand, Infused offhand. Lover Mundus. All Weapon Damage glyphs. Poison mainhand, Absorb Stam offhand, Infused Berserker Maelstrom bow.

CP: 66 Precise Strikes, 64 Mighty, 44 Thaum, 21 Piercing, 72 Master-at-Arms, 3 Physical Weapon Expert

These are crit hit values for light attacks.

Orc Warden
    Unbuffed: 6710
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7323
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7749
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8412

Khajiit Warden
    Unbuffed: 6629
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7222
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7619
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8317

Orc Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7420
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 8030
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8525
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9272

Khajiit Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7346
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7892
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8331
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9115

Now, I'll put on Veiled Heritance instead of Advancing Yokeda and proc it:

Orc Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7839
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8468
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8966
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9637

Khajiit Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7876
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8499
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8971
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9691

Note that in the final set of tests, the Khajiit does more damage. You need to have sufficiently high Weapon Damage to start with. This will become even more apparent if Minor Brutality is provided. Also keep in mind that the Khajiit crit bonus will buff enchant procs, whereas the Orc/Dunmer weapon damage bonus will not, so that narrows the actual DPS gap in the prior test cases.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 12, 2019 1:42AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh could You atleast do the "testing" without shock dmg enchant which procs concussion thus makes tests rigged ? I wont even comment on the "testing" itself...

Also what actually does that testing proves ? That races are kinda balanced and do similar dps overall ? Dont forget that khajit have more health and regen then dark elf which is also inportant factor in real fight scenario.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 12, 2019 2:12AM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By all means @ everyone on the dev team, I'm sure they pay attention to their mentions when everyone with a bad idea feels the need to ping them in their post.

This is very informal data. Usecl cmx data not just single attack values on some combat log. You haven't talked about any of the builds you used, you haven't talked about buffs used, or checked for what buffs or procs where up. You'd have to be mad to believe any if this data even if it is true, because the quality is so poor.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Is today like Bad Theorycrafting Day or something? A new wonderful holiday I didn't know about?

I'm just going to copypasta my response from another thread, but for real y'all, do some in-depth testing, think about your results, think about how they might extrapolate with group buffs, crunch the numbers, and double-check your work. Don't ping a bunch of ZOS employees and class reps and create a big commotion unless you've done all that.

First, take off your Shock enchant. Minor Vulnerability is probably skewing your tests.

Second, this all depends on your starting Weapon Damage and Crit Damage modifier values.

Let me demonstrate.

Setup:

5 x Perfect Rele, 5 x Advancing Yokeda, 2 x Velidreth. All Divines. 1 x Infused, 2 x Bloodthirsty. Nirn mainhand, Infused offhand. Lover Mundus. All Weapon Damage glyphs. Poison mainhand, Absorb Stam offhand, Infused Berserker Maelstrom bow.

CP: 66 Precise Strikes, 64 Mighty, 44 Thaum, 21 Piercing, 72 Master-at-Arms, 3 Physical Weapon Expert

These are crit hit values for light attacks.

Orc Warden
    Unbuffed: 6710
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7323
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7749
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8412

Khajiit Warden
    Unbuffed: 6629
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7222
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7619
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8317

Orc Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7420
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 8030
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8525
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9272

Khajiit Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7346
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7892
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8331
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9115

Now, I'll put on Veiled Heritance instead of Advancing Yokeda and proc it:

Orc Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7839
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8468
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8966
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9637

Khajiit Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7876
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8499
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8971
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9691

Note that in the final set of tests, the Khajiit does more damage. You need to have sufficiently high Weapon Damage to start with. This will become even more apparent if Minor Brutality is provided. Also keep in mind that the Khajiit crit bonus will buff enchant procs, whereas the Orc/Dunmer weapon damage bonus will not, so that narrows the actual DPS gap in the prior test cases.

The last two sentences alone should be enough to shut up the whiners. Khajiit is the only races that can buff enchant procs, which makes them on par with others easily. Many people just dont factor in everything when they test...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s easy to get mislead by doing these parses because there are many factors that can be missed and it’s easy to accidentally include a biase. Unfortunately ZOS is sometimes guilty of that too and thus we keep finding unexpected overpowered or over performing items, classes build and so on after the patches get released. Remember how everyone said that desto ult was garbage and way to weak when it was first introduced? Zos ended up bugging it so much that it got way overpowered but month later it was nerfed below what it was to begin with and it’s still very strong
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    So... They have now succeeded in making that khajiit will require a different build than orcs and high elfs to extract the most from the race? Same as how redguard and orc will need different tweaks to make them work?

This is kinda what I hoped would happen. No longer a flat build that will work on every race, but instead a baseline build with variations based on race. And think this might have been one of the factors when it came to the changes.

Hope to see more versatile sets in the future which have good synergy with 1 race only to make this divide more prominent, perhaps get that "play the way you want" more feasible.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm personally not worried much about this change. It keeps the Khajiit identity intact. It makes my choice of taking Veiled Heritance over AY more beneficial now.
    And, as a sorcerer, my crit surge heal values will be better. I couldn't find time to test. But I think I have nearly nothing to tweak on my live build to adapt to this change. Overall, it seems very smart to me. It was powerful to bring crit chances on mag builds.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH