The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Harden ward got buffed last patch and now enables broken builds.

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
    I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
    I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
    I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

Armor master + Necro + Chudan + willpower destro (or master destro), 2 protective + 1 arcane jewelry

Gets you 30k resists in light armor and a really nice shield that you can stack with Harness Magicka.

Very tough to kill and still lethal!

That's not new, is it? I know a guy running this in one of my guilds. Not this exactly, doesn't run willpower, but similar enough.

Not new but probably new to OP if they just got back into the game.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what Hardened Ward your talking about. The one I use gets melted through all the time. Must be that special limited edition Hardened Ward available in the Crown Store.
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »

Sorcerer Shields:
    We spent at least 30 minutes discussing shields. The gist of ZOS’s explanation to us what that they wanted to even the survivability between Stamina and Magicka (the specific example that a Magicka build could spam shields without paying attention to a Boss was used), ZOS wanted sorcerers to make more difficult decision regarding their class defense rather than just stack Magicka and have large shields, and ZOS feels that shields are quite a potent defense mechanic in that they are both excellent reactive and can be used proactively (something Breath of Life cannot do).

Every rep that spoke remarked that sorcerers already have to make difficult decisions with builds because sustain is an issue and lack of bar space, which means they already have trouble securing legit kills in PvP (i.e. not kill stealing by spamming mage’s wrath). We also noted that making shields so they can be critically hit was already a significant nerf that deserved testing on its own, and that the one-second cast-time will get sorcerers killed in a competitive PvP environment. We also said that ZOS has hit sorcerer offensive capability pretty hard the past year, which makes the sort of build diversity they want harder. They acknowledged this and did more than insinuate that sorcerer offense is going to be reformed in the future (at one point, a dev asked out loud if they could be specific. They could not). We told them without these offensive changes it was asking too much to hit the sorcerers with a nerf to their defense first and make them wait for this vague promise in the future. We also mentioned, numerous times, that the mechanic of cast-times is something that is disliked by many people because it breaks the flow of the fluid and ast paced combat that defines ESO. We also went through a bunch of other various reasons that folks on the forums and discords brought up. In short, we pressed and that’s why it lasted over 30 minutes.

With the changes to resistances, having instant cast damage shields is even going to make them even stronger in PvE. We acknowledged this as a potential issue and agreed some adjustment was going to be needed. ZOS seems to be open to refinements and reforms that match their desired goals. The Devs have indicated they are well aware of the feedback, they saw the memes, they know this is a huge change. Some ideas were bounced around. Someone (I forget who) brought up the possibility of lowering the shields to a desired size for PVE and adjusting Battlespirit so they aren’t useless in PvP. My impression is that ZOS is agreeable to making a different sort of adjustment, but they still want to keep their goals of Stamina Vs. Magicka survivability, want some sort of diversity into how sorcerers defend themselves, they don’t want a Magicka build spamming shields while ignoring PvE mechanics. The Devs ended our conversation with the thought whether or not a morph choice would be well received, that is if one morph had a one-second cast time and you got a large shield and another morph which removed the cast-time, but you’d get a smaller shield (the strengths were not mentioned specifically).
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
    I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
    I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
    I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

Dude no data, no pictures and no data sheet basically just ranting.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

If you died to s Sorc on a DK you have bigger problems than shields

Not really. That dk is is doing more than fine in 1vx where I can kite and keep proccing bloods pawn and heavy attack to sustain. In a duel however when a sorc keeps you loocked down your are buring though your stam spamming forward or rolling. then when you finally reach him he streaks away and you have no stam left and are being locked down again you are pretty much screwed. Its tough to duel cheese with non cheese...
    ToRelax CyrusArya

This actually sounds like a stam DK. Which would make it all the more hilarious.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

Armor master + Necro + Chudan + willpower destro (or master destro), 2 protective + 1 arcane jewelry

Gets you 30k resists in light armor and a really nice shield that you can stack with Harness Magicka.

Yeah thats 1 way to do it. Another way is with fortified, will power and wizards back back. Or running other major protection paired with sets like blood spawn. There are many ways to get this result both with light or heavy armor.
    @codestripper
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was it with pets or without? Because without pets it's legit impossible to kill a tanky Dk in 10 seconds and even with pets it should take much longer.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed and the best thing is this build is not isolated to sorcerers as all mag classes can run this setup just swap out Necro for bright throat if no pet
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Laughs in Sorcerer]
    giphy.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me.

So ... you dueled an Impregnable MagSorc with a crit build ?
    Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.

So ... you died to a MagSorc first or second burst while having near maxed resists .... on a StamDK ? I have bad news for you ...

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    Better delete the entire class not nerf the shield. Maybe then a shadow sorcerer will kill you in pvp as well.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats like zero damage and zero sustain sorc. That build wouldn't kill a NB and they are crunchy in milk.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you got outresourced. L2p issue
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me.

Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.

So ... you died to a MagSorc first or second burst while having near maxed resists .... on a StamDK ? I have bad news for you ...
    You dont get the point. I was dueling the same guy but hes not the only one with this kind of build. Besides the all day top duelers I win 90% of all fights and if I lose I still get them low hp. On top of that I can 1vx up 5 decent gamers. Even if he had impreg on with 4k weap dmg (thats without enchant) and 80% crit dmg 1 to 2 surprise att. should take that shield off easy in a normal scenario.
    For the dk it has 3.9k weap dmg with 1.5k recovery. When you keep being snared and rooted forward momentum wont help you because by the tike you get close the guy will streak and start his crappy rotation over. But anywyas the point im making is that it is possible for mag sorc probably all shield users to be this tanky but still have a ton of dmage and moveability.
    There where other very good duelers on all kind of classes that got wasted by that dude with barly touching his hp.

You dont see this too often yet but you see more and more ppl figuring this build out as you keep running into them. Just wait and see. You probs gotta leave your zerg for abit tho to really experience this...
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your "NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg" build was always overpowered and needed a counter.

Now it looks like you've got one!

Edited by Emma_Overload on February 11, 2019 5:32PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont get the point. I was dueling the same guy but hes not the only one with this kind of build. Besides the all day top duelers I win 90% of all fights and if I lose I still get them low hp. On top of that I can 1vx up 5 decent gamers. Even if he had impreg on with 4k weap dmg (thats without enchant) and 80% crit dmg 1 to 2 surprise att. should take that shield off easy in a normal scenario.
    For the dk it has 3.9k weap dmg with 1.5k recovery. When you keep being snared and rooted forward momentum wont help you because by the tike you get close the guy will streak and start his crappy rotation over. But anywyas the point im making is that it is possible for mag sorc probably all shield users to be this tanky but still have a ton of dmage and moveability.
    There where other very good duelers on all kind of classes that got wasted by that dude with barly touching his hp.

You dont see this too often yet but you see more and more ppl figuring this build out as you keep running into them. Just wait and see. You probs gotta leave your zerg for abit tho to really experience this...

This is a clear case of "The grass is always greener on the other side".
    You do not know what is going on and jump to conclusions. Your opponent either outplayed you, or you are simply not as great as you thought. It is easy to feel like a king when duelling in Auridon and then suddenly you are faced with a decent player.

Back in the day I also felt unbeatable, until I met a few fighters who knew how to pull my strings. However, seeing a Sorcerer pullings strings is a very rare sight these days.....
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And with that stubborn, shortsighted behavior if yours, it'll get worse. Everyone will run this after live. When there's no more turning back.

Thick skulled PvPers are the worst. Geez. Failing to see the obvious... We don't want to copy that, we want that fixed, assuming, again, you're not just a whiny loser. Which you probably are judging by how resistant you are to helping us help you.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭

I just don't understand.. Hardened is 6 seconds. I usually have to apply it again before it runs out, when I am under pressure. I certainly do not have time, and magicka, to cast mines and streak on top of that. I would run dry in 10 seconds.
    And when I meet a DK, it usually means I am dead. Between fossilize and whip, any *** DK can kill me in 5 seconds.
    This is with 26K+ health and 42K mag and pets.

Anyway - definitely nothing wrong with Hardened Ward and if you complain about getting killed a few times, imagine how I feel having a K/D ratio of close to 0.38

Nerf everything
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your "NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg" build was always overpowered and needed a counter.

Now it looks like you've got one!

Fair point. However, i am more concerned with high dmg unkillable build rather than squishy hard hitters. I think nbs issue is mostly cloak but thats a differnt story. I play all classes both mag and stam. I have to run into such a broken build in a long time tho. Yes there is a lot of cheese and op build but a good gamer can at least deal with it. No one was able to deal with that dude then he runs around calling everyone scrubs. If this was just one guy who found a broken mechanic I would mind either but since that happened I am seeing this more and more so it’s obviously spreading.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG take leaf out of the nerf-sorcs-yellers preceeding you, they did a far better job. It truely is a feat to be less convincing than those guys, but hey, congratz ... I guess.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like OP have same issues in this game as other ops at nine gag.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a l2p issue
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    5 pieces robes of the hist, protective jewels nirn weapons,
    5 pieces reactive armour all impen
    balorgh/ bloodspawn monster set clever cp allocation
    Edited by Seenoevil on February 11, 2019 5:50PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seenoevil wrote: »
    balorgh monster set

Sounds like a good build for turtling and harvesting potatoes.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing armor master set/insert damage set here. Some kind of monster helm. Probs blood spawn or Warden for armor buff. Some way to get Major and minor resistance.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    balorgh/ bloodspawn monster set clever cp allocation

Is this a build to never kill anything again ever?

Annoying to fight though :dizzy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps pointing out something, anything really, to show how they're imbalanced and too strong outside of "i couldn't kill them with 4k weapon damage" would help.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    I'm guessing armor master set/insert damage set here. Some kind of monster helm. Probs blood spawn or Warden for armor buff. Some way to get Major and minor resistance.

Pretty much. There are many ways to do it if with sets and jewelry. The idea is to hit as high as possible resistances(which is easy even in ligh armor) then add minor or major protection while maintaining a high dmg pool. It does take a bit more skill(not much tho) as you have to effectively sustain with heavy attacks pots and so on. Once you know how to sustain you become OP af. There is not much of an counter to that anymore especially if you root spam
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I don't know what Hardened Ward your talking about. The one I use gets melted through all the time. Must be that special limited edition Hardened Ward available in the Crown Store.
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »

Sorcerer Shields:
    We spent at least 30 minutes discussing shields. The gist of ZOS’s explanation to us what that they wanted to even the survivability between Stamina and Magicka (the specific example that a Magicka build could spam shields without paying attention to a Boss was used), ZOS wanted sorcerers to make more difficult decision regarding their class defense rather than just stack Magicka and have large shields, and ZOS feels that shields are quite a potent defense mechanic in that they are both excellent reactive and can be used proactively (something Breath of Life cannot do).

Every rep that spoke remarked that sorcerers already have to make difficult decisions with builds because sustain is an issue and lack of bar space, which means they already have trouble securing legit kills in PvP (i.e. not kill stealing by spamming mage’s wrath). We also noted that making shields so they can be critically hit was already a significant nerf that deserved testing on its own, and that the one-second cast-time will get sorcerers killed in a competitive PvP environment. We also said that ZOS has hit sorcerer offensive capability pretty hard the past year, which makes the sort of build diversity they want harder. They acknowledged this and did more than insinuate that sorcerer offense is going to be reformed in the future (at one point, a dev asked out loud if they could be specific. They could not). We told them without these offensive changes it was asking too much to hit the sorcerers with a nerf to their defense first and make them wait for this vague promise in the future. We also mentioned, numerous times, that the mechanic of cast-times is something that is disliked by many people because it breaks the flow of the fluid and ast paced combat that defines ESO. We also went through a bunch of other various reasons that folks on the forums and discords brought up. In short, we pressed and that’s why it lasted over 30 minutes.

With the changes to resistances, having instant cast damage shields is even going to make them even stronger in PvE. We acknowledged this as a potential issue and agreed some adjustment was going to be needed. ZOS seems to be open to refinements and reforms that match their desired goals. The Devs have indicated they are well aware of the feedback, they saw the memes, they know this is a huge change. Some ideas were bounced around. Someone (I forget who) brought up the possibility of lowering the shields to a desired size for PVE and adjusting Battlespirit so they aren’t useless in PvP. My impression is that ZOS is agreeable to making a different sort of adjustment, but they still want to keep their goals of Stamina Vs. Magicka survivability, want some sort of diversity into how sorcerers defend themselves, they don’t want a Magicka build spamming shields while ignoring PvE mechanics. The Devs ended our conversation with the thought whether or not a morph choice would be well received, that is if one morph had a one-second cast time and you got a large shield and another morph which removed the cast-time, but you’d get a smaller shield (the strengths were not mentioned specifically).

Heh I agreed with you just because I play a PvE sorc. However I am sure that there is a PvP build out there that can buff the ward using a ton of resists. I wonder if the guy the op dueled was using heavy or light?
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you still haven't explained to any of us why a class shield skill is to blame. I think you're just crying over the fact that you got beat, not that it was by a particular class. I'm willing to bet your assumptions are way off, and that that same magsorc would whoop your ass again with hardened ward. The great thing about this game is that there's more than one way to accomplish something, and you targeting a single class skill that has been overly nerfed already, just shows your lack of skill, and understanding of this game.

• Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    balorgh monster set

Sounds like a good build for turtling and harvesting potatoes.

Yeah the damage output doesn't see all that great. Some oblivion enchants and infused for damage maybe?