Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• We will be performing maintenance for patch 4.3.4 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC).
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Harden ward got buffed last patch and now enables broken builds.

Dr.NRG
Dr.NRG
✭✭✭✭
I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will figure it out anyways. If there is something expose it
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    No info given on the build, just that it killed you so it must be OP and broken. PVP logic.
    Its not just one build that works that way. You will run across it in pvp or duels tho. Also I will defiently not share anything about how to do it since it is first of all obviouse and secondly I dont want zergling to read this and then spec into this build or spread it.
    .
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »
    They will figure it out anyways. If there is something expose it
    All I am saying is that shields get all your buffs now. Since it is easy on mag sorc to sustain it also very easy to almost capping your resistances and at same time have very high dmg. On top of that there are many ways to get buffs such as minor and major protection. You can buff your shields to a point that it has a damage reduction as a blocking target and still hit like a truck
    .
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Own wrote: »
    They will figure it out anyways. If there is something expose it
    All I am saying is that shields get all your buffs now. Since it is easy on mag sorc to sustain it also very easy to almost capping your resistances and at same time have very high dmg. On top of that there are many ways to get buffs such as minor and major protection. You can buff your shields to a point that it has a damage reduction as a blocking target and still hit like a truck

    Sounds cool, should be possible and please keep the secret I have no problems for people that do a lot of theory crafting to make something really unique and powerfull. It just should be so easily accessable as it was before.

    I face enough sorcs in BG's, their shield are still strong I just need to beat the crap out of them to get them killed much fun. Before that last part was just not possible and the shields never went down.
    Xbox EU - EP for life

    MagDK - PVP Rock Star
    StamDen - PVP Spin to Win
    MagBlade - Casual PVE DD
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Pevey wrote: »
    No info given on the build, just that it killed you so it must be OP and broken. PVP logic.
    Its not just one build that works that way. You will run across it in pvp or duels tho. Also I will defiently not share anything about how to do it since it is first of all obviouse and secondly I dont want zergling to read this and then spec into this build or spread it.

    Your best chance IS to share it so devs can fix it, if it is, as you say, broken.

    I PROMISE you... If you're not just whining because you suck, ymthis build will become zergling bread and butter for the next three months. PROMISE you.

    Disclose to help the devs, there's still time.

  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Own wrote: »
    They will figure it out anyways. If there is something expose it
    All I am saying is that shields get all your buffs now. Since it is easy on mag sorc to sustain it also very easy to almost capping your resistances and at same time have very high dmg. On top of that there are many ways to get buffs such as minor and major protection. You can buff your shields to a point that it has a damage reduction as a blocking target and still hit like a truck

    Sounds cool, should be possible and please keep the secret I have no problems for people that do a lot of theory crafting to make something really unique and powerfull. It just should be so easily accessable as it was before.

    I face enough sorcs in BG's, their shield are still strong I just need to beat the crap out of them to get them killed much fun. Before that last part was just not possible and the shields never went down.

    Yeah very true it is mostly easier to kil sorcs now to a point where they have no idea how to deal with the past changes. My issue really is what happends when a youtube picks this up and shares this kind of build (its not really a single build but how to build it). Then we will have sorcs everywhere again, especially since they are getting a huge buff next patch due to race and cp changes.
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 4:44PM
    .
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Own wrote: »
    They will figure it out anyways. If there is something expose it
    All I am saying is that shields get all your buffs now. Since it is easy on mag sorc to sustain it also very easy to almost capping your resistances and at same time have very high dmg. On top of that there are many ways to get buffs such as minor and major protection. You can buff your shields to a point that it has a damage reduction as a blocking target and still hit like a truck

    Sounds cool, should be possible and please keep the secret I have no problems for people that do a lot of theory crafting to make something really unique and powerfull. It just should be so easily accessable as it was before.

    I face enough sorcs in BG's, their shield are still strong I just need to beat the crap out of them to get them killed much fun. Before that last part was just not possible and the shields never went down.

    Yeah very true it is mostly easier to kil sorcs now to a point where they have no idea how to deal with the past changes. My issue really is what happends when a youtube picks this up and shares this kind of build (its not really a single build but how to build it). Then we will have sorcs everywhere again, especially since they are getting a huge buff next patch due to race and cp changes.

    Then share it now and help it be fixed if you don't want me to get the build working for 3 months to totally own you. And I suuuuck at PvP. 😂

    Dude.. read about open source coding. It's this same dilemma, on the surface... Share the code and anyone can tamper. But a shared tampered code will also be fixed faster. Same for malwares that go public too... Ill intended people could grab those tibharm others, but the anti malware programs will also be aware if the problems and fix them.

    You tell me which "logic" works best, yours, or the one that had be proven time and again to be the solid way to with problem solving?

    I'll make a point here in remembering your name to come back to say "I told you so" when these builds start popping up everywhere on day 1 of wrathstone live. Day zero even... Don't be fooled into thinking no one will capitalize on that.

    Don't get me wrong though... I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, if this thing actually being broken, but I don't believe you at all. I'm open for you to change my mind but for now, you're just a whining defeated PvPer.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Pevey wrote: »
    No info given on the build, just that it killed you so it must be OP and broken. PVP logic.
    Its not just one build that works that way. You will run across it in pvp or duels tho. Also I will defiently not share anything about how to do it since it is first of all obviouse and secondly I dont want zergling to read this and then spec into this build or spread it.

    So is knowing how to spell 'obvious' and yet....
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the overwhelming negative feedback, I sense OP going radio silent soon!

    This mystery build will be forever lost, and PvP will be saved from broken build! Until update goes live, that is...
  • OnlyOnThursday
    OnlyOnThursday
    ✭✭✭
    @OP please post your in game name so I can show you how I can do this to you in any class, with or without shields.

    I know this because anyone that would post this pile of nonsense, is likely a potato with legs and therefore, imminently easy to kill.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
    I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
    I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
    I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

    Armor master + Necro + Chudan + willpower destro (or master destro), 2 protective + 1 arcane jewelry

    Gets you 30k resists in light armor and a really nice shield that you can stack with Harness Magicka.

    Very tough to kill and still lethal!

    That's not new, is it? I know a guy running this in one of my guilds. Not this exactly, doesn't run willpower, but similar enough.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its probably some variation on Plague DR and Necropotance... Combine high health and high max magicka for extra tankiness and burst. Maybe do it on a Nord with Pirate Skeleton for a splash of extra trolly resistance.

    With the next patch giving 20% more health and max magicka on 5 piece bonuses and food it might be a fun build to play around with.



    Playing since beta...
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
    I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
    I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
    I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

    If you died to s Sorc on a DK you have bigger problems than shields

    Not really. That dk is is doing more than fine in 1vx where I can kite and keep proccing bloods pawn and heavy attack to sustain. In a duel however when a sorc keeps you loocked down your are buring though your stam spamming forward or rolling. then when you finally reach him he streaks away and you have no stam left and are being locked down again you are pretty much screwed. Its tough to duel cheese with non cheese...
    @ToRelax @CyrusArya
    .
Sign In or Register to comment.