The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperial change

• bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    To make them versatile they don't need to get rid of Stamina and Health, they already took a lot of that away, they had 12% health and 10% stam. If they will leave those two stats as is and still want to make them versitile in their own nitch, work on the red diamond passive, the chosen of Akatosh, and let the power shine. If they are given 750 health, 500 Stam, 500 Magicka every 5 seconds on direct damage and 5% reduced cost to all their abilities, this could compete and make them unique and versatile and not just into one nitch. Like someone said they will not be the best damage dealers (for stamina they could hit as hard as anyone in bursts before but ok forget that now the Orcs and Dark Elves are coming) but could play magicka with almost the same cost reduction as a breton, with some sets they could be good in certain situations and the fact that the reduction would be all their abilities it could make them attractive in some scenarios. For tanking and Stamina classes they would also be hard to overlook, take away damage but have rivaling sustain with others.
    Edited by bpmachete on February 6, 2019 2:57AM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »
    To make them versatile they don't need to get rid of Stamina and Health, they already took a lot of that away, they had 12% health and 10% stam. If they will leave those two stats as is and still want to make them versitile in their own nitch, work on the red diamond passive, the chosen of Akatosh, and let the power shine. If they are given 750 health, 500 Stam, 500 Magicka every 5 seconds on direct damage and 5% reduced cost to all their abilities, this could compete and make them unique and versatile and not just into one nitch. Like someone said they will not be the best damage dealers (for stamina they could hit as hard as anyone in bursts before but ok forget that now the Orcs and Dark Elves are coming) but could play magicka with almost the same cost reduction as a breton, with some sets they could be good in certain situations and the fact that the reduction would be all their abilities it could make them attractive in some scenarios. For tanking and Stamina classes they would also be hard to overlook, take away damage but have rivaling sustain with others.

No that would be way to much. I am an imperial main and just wanted to make it balanced not busted lol.

I agree 100% though with this one said earlier.

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam
    500 health stam and magic on red diamond every 5

It just gives them nice pools with good sustain no damage no cost reduction. It literally will make imperials what they should be, the ability to play any role in the game. Not the best at that role but be good at it.
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on February 6, 2019 4:00AM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No that would be way to much. I am an imperial main and just wanted to make it balanced not busted lol.

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam

It just gives them nice pools with good sustain no damage no cost reduction. It literally will make imperials what they should be, the ability to play any role in the game. Not the best at that role but be good at it.

:smiley:
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam

Exactly. It's a simple solution that keeps them the versatile race they were designed to be since their inception as a playable race. It's not overpowered and it's not something the devs have to work hard at like my original suggestion of giving them a group buff racial passive.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, they will change the blocking/bash reduce cost to

Block an additional 10% damage
    Bashing deals 20% additional damage
    (If too OP, numbers can be reduced)

I think it will give more flavor and uniqueness, will make them a good tanking race but also good to non tanking builds that just use bash and block every now and then.
  • Virosh
    Virosh
    ✭✭

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam

Sounds good, I would play. Setting them in the middle for most play-styles: They won't be the best tanks, nor the best sustain, nor the best mag or stam DD, but they will be able to perform adequately. Maybe reduce the tri-stat return to "400 health stam and magic on red diamond every 5 sec" - this would make them just under the Argonians in terms of sustain.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 stam/mag/health every 5 seconds with 2k in every stat would make the race absolutely broken. There would be no reason to play any other race.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    500 stam/mag/health every 5 seconds with 2k in every stat would make the race absolutely broken. There would be no reason to play any other race.

Orc would like to dispute that lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam

Change it to 1500 each and I think we have a winner.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Virosh
    Virosh
    ✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

Let's put your statement to a test, for optimal results we look at:

Tank PVE -> Nord looks like BiS to me;
    Tank in PVP -> Argonian's burst sustain would be way better for most tank pvp builds I know of;

Stamina DD, PVE, maximum damage output -> Khajiit; sustain -> Redguard;
    Stam DD PVP -> Orc for damage or Bosmer for sustain;

Magicka DD, PVE -> Khajiit/Altmer for DPS, Breton for sustain;
    Mag DD, PVP -> Breton, Altmer, Dunmer would still be optimal choices;

Healer, PVE/PVP -> Breton, Nord, Argonian;

All-around hybrid for PVP -> Dunmer for optimizing damage, Argonian for burst sustain;

Please do tell me in which of this scenarios do you see Imperial outperforming any of those races? /Mind you, I do agree 500 tri-stat regen is too much, 400 should be better and would put Imperials just below Argonians in terms of overall sustain./
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at this point I think they just don't know what to do with imperials...so why not just make them the max stat gods?

2k of health mag and stam. same regen passive and reduced block/bash cost. Rework it later but at this point imperials would actually be useful for more than tank builds, viable for mag or stam(as the story line suggests they are), with no real need to work anything else in.

This doesn't overperform in pve since other classes have more max damage for stam and mag, they wont sustain as well as an argonian anything, or a nord dk...but they'll have the big pools.

edit: I only read the first page before I commented, I guess I think the same as everyone else!

Edited by FrankonPC on February 6, 2019 12:32PM
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam

Yeah but there is no version that can play like the Breton that have 7% on magicka. A 5% to abilities would be comparable but for Stamina and versatile for magicka. Think about it, it would be tough to chose. With just Extra magicka, for stam and magicka classes why would you ever pick them? The cost reduction finally puts them in real competition with the other classes.

They would not be the best stamina dps, they would not be the best magicka DPS, they would rival the Redguard finally in Stamina sustain they would not be the best Stamina DPS. The reduced ultimate cost would make them rival the new Nord Ulti and the Red Diamond would make them rival the Argonian Tank... it would be a tough choice. As it stands now they are the worse race in the game for every roll they don't get past 3rd place on tank, last in all DPS, unless you compare a stam DPS of non stam classes...
    Edited by bpmachete on February 6, 2019 1:20PM
  • Virosh
    Virosh
    ✭✭

Yeah but there is no version that can play like the Breton that have 7% on magicka. A 5% to abilities would comparable but for Stamina and versatile for magicka. Think about it, it would be tough to chose. With just a bit of magicka for stam and magicka why would you ever pick them. The cost reduction finally puts them in real competition with the other classes.

I hear you man, your idea is EXTREMELY good, however... the problem is it's extremely good. And Imperials are pay-2-play race. Do you see where I'm going with this? Half the community will start ranting that ZOS are pushing the pay-to-win model, that this forces them to buy race change tokens, etc, etc, etc. ad nauseam.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see that implemented, but I don't think ZOS will have the confidence to do it.

However, if we can't have that, we should at least get 2000 tri-stat max resources and some solid tri-stat sustain (passive would be stronger than active, but, eh, whatever).
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I posted in the relevant thread:
    Imperial
    Red Diamond: Reworked this passive so when you deal Direct Damage now, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. It also will reduce the cost of Block and Bash by 5%.
    This is definitely a step in the right direction. However, I still think it needs to be pushed further, either by reducing the cooldown to 2 seconds or increasing the restoration to 830 Health, Magicka, and Stamina with a 5 second cooldown.

In either case, it makes it so that - assuming 100% uptime of direct damage every 2 or 5 seconds - there is ~166 recovery of the three stats. That is useful, while I'm not sure that 333 H/M/S ever 5 seconds necessarily is (although, again, this is far superior to the previous iteration).

However, I still think Imperial ought to be focused on martial skills given their game history. Originally, I suggested:
    Imperial:
    - Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain → Increases Experience gain in any Melee Skill Line* by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain
    - 12% Max Health + 10% Max Stamina → Increases your Max Health and Max Stamina by 2000.
    - New Passive → Increase Melee Weapon Damage by 258
    - 10% Chance on Melee Attack to heal for 6% of Max Health → When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750 and restore 950 Stamina.

*Two-Handed, Dual-Wield, and One Hand and Shield

Given their recent changes, I think it a suitable merger of the new and old would be:
    Imperial:
    - Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain → Increases Experience gain in any Melee Skill Line* by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain
    - 12% Max Health + 10% Max Stamina → Increases your Max Health and Max Stamina by 1000.
    - 10% Chance on Melee Attack to heal for 6% of Max Health → When you deal Direct Damage you restore 650 Health and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. Reduces the cost of your Block and Bash abilities by 5%.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's better than before.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Red Diamond: Reworked this passive so when you deal Direct Damage now, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. It also will reduce the cost of Block and Bash by 5%.
    This is definitely a step in the right direction. However, I still think it needs to be pushed further, either by reducing the cooldown to 2 seconds or increasing the restoration to 830 Health, Magicka, and Stamina with a 5 second cooldown.

In either case, it makes it so that - assuming 100% uptime of direct damage every 2 or 5 seconds - there is ~166 recovery of the three stats. That is useful, while I'm not sure that 333 H/M/S ever 5 seconds necessarily is (although, again, this is far superior to the previous iteration).

However, I still think Imperial ought to be focused on martial skills given their game history. Originally, I suggested:
    Imperial:
    - 12% Max Health + 10% Max Stamina → Increases your Max Health and Max Stamina by 2000.
    - 10% Chance on Melee Attack to heal for 6% of Max Health → When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750 and restore 950 Stamina.

Given their recent changes, I think it a suitable merger of the new and old would be:
    Imperial:
    - 12% Max Health + 10% Max Stamina → Increases your Max Health and Max Stamina by 1000.
    - 10% Chance on Melee Attack to heal for 6% of Max Health → When you deal Direct Damage you restore 650 Health and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. Reduces the cost of your Block and Bash abilities by 5%.

The problem with your idea is that it puts them right back into not fitting a mage role at all, and the point we are all trying to make is that imperial does ALL ROLES not just tank or not just tank and stam DPS.

We were the worst race on test by far in everything that shows you we need something to even compete. So tell me how doing what was presented earlier would make us op? Look at argonians with their passive they were close to last place on DPS boards so you really Think that us gaining 2000 in a stat and 500 Regan will make us op? LOLOL you do know that it pretty much only works like we are gaining 1 stat? Magic users can will only look for high magic pool. Stam users will only look for high stam pool.

The only one that would benefit from all 3 would be tank which it would still be hard to pass on Nord and argonian but at least imperial would be a very good option too.

Look at what other races get and I would gladly trade my imperial passives for any one of them hands down that's when you know the race is in a terrible spot lol.
    satanio wrote: »
    It's better than before.

It's not actually better than before imo. And why should imperials just settle on being last? Lol we SHOULD be able to compete just like everyone else. We don't get spell damage or attack bonus, we get a terrible Regen, we don't get crit, we don't get cost reduction, so what do we get bad tri stat you won't actually notice? Sounds fair to me lol.

The case I'm.trying to make is every race finally has something that makes them stand out.

Orc- hard hitting
    Brenton- crazy sustain
    High elf- hard hitting
    Dark elf- hard hitting
    Nord- ultimate generation
    Khajit- critical damage
    Argonians- sustain
    Redguard- sustain
    Bosmer- sustain

So what does imperial fall into that it is really good at? Lol see my problem I would never choose imperial over any of those races at all.
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on February 6, 2019 3:28PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial

Imperial:

Imperial:

The problem with your idea is that it puts them right back into not fitting a mage role at all, and the point we are all trying to make is that imperial does ALL ROLES not just tank or not just tank and stam DPS.

We were the worst race on test by far in everything that shows you we need something to even compete. So tell me how doing what was presented earlier would make us op? Look at argonians with their passive they were close to last place on DPS boards so you really Think that us gaining 2000 in a stat and 500 Regan will make us op? LOLOL you do know that it pretty much only works like we are gaining 1 stat? Magic users can will only look for high magic pool. Stam users will only look for high stam pool.

The only one that would benefit from all 3 would be tank which it would still be hard to pass on Nord and argonian but at least imperial would be a very good option too.

Look at what other races get and I would gladly trade my imperial passives for any one of them hands down that's when you know the race is in a terrible spot lol.
    It's better than before.

It's not actually better than before imo. And why should imperials just settle on being last? Lol we SHOULD be able to compete just like everyone else. We don't get spell damage or attack bonus, we get a terrible Regen, we don't get crit, we don't get cost reduction, so what do we get bad tri stat you won't actually notice? Sounds fair to me lol.

The case I'm.trying to make is every race finally has something that makes them stand out.

Orc- hard hitting
    Brenton- crazy sustain
    High elf- hard hitting
    Dark elf- hard hitting
    Khajit- critical damage
    Argonians- sustain
    Redguard- sustain
    Bosmer- sustain

So what does imperial fall into that it is really good at? Lol see my problem I would never choose imperial over any of those races at all.

Penetration or crit hit DMg that includes healing.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

Orc- hard hitting
    Brenton- crazy sustain
    High elf- hard hitting
    Dark elf- hard hitting
    Khajit- critical damage
    Argonians- sustain
    Redguard- sustain
    Bosmer- sustain

Brenton right? xD Crazy 100 mag recovery and appx another 100 of that spell cost reduction. Well, Imperial just got 133 mag and stam recovery in perfect situation. Crazy, crazy :D
    Edited by satanio on February 6, 2019 3:49PM
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenton right? xD Crazy 100 mag recovery and appx another 100 of that spell cost reduction. Well, Imperial just got 133 mag and stam recovery in perfect situation. Crazy, crazy :D

7% cost reduction on spells. almost a 5 piece seducer set as a passive.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »

I get that, but how does that translate to mag recovery?
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he said sustain, not recovery :).
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »

Altmer spell damage is almost a 5 piece Julianos set. (Same for orc and dunmer)
    Nord resistances are almost a 5 piece Fortified Brass .

Do you see the consistency here? If anything, the Breton bonus is the one to suffer the most from diminishing returns.
  • Vertilvius
    Vertilvius
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they would just leave Imperials alone from live. The 12% health and 10% stam with current passives are much better than what they are implementing. LEAVE IMPERIALS ALONE FOR GOD'S SAKE! They where not that strong to begin with your only making things worse. And for the love of god get rid of that stupid block cost reduction its absolutely useless.
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an imperial tank ..i like theese changes and dont want to see further changes...im very biased
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be interesting if Red Diamond actually behaved different than other passives.

Not sure if this is possible, but what if on direct damage, you restore X amount (maybe 1000ish) of whatever resource is most depleted? Still a ~5s CD

Not a pure numerical "low-ness", but a percentage basis instead. Like if you have 75% of your remaining health but only 60% of your remaining magicka, it restores magicka. But if your health goes down to 50% and your magicka is back up to 70% at the end of the next 5s, that proc would heal you instead. Same idea for stamina as well.

I think it's a neat idea, no clue if it's feasible from a coding perspective. We COULD tackle spell recharge the same way.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Orc- hard hitting
    Brenton- crazy sustain
    High elf- hard hitting
    Dark elf- hard hitting
    Khajit- critical damage
    Argonians- sustain
    Redguard- sustain
    Bosmer- sustain

So you are telling me mediocre recovery in 3 stats is better than the Breton mediocre recovery+ cost reduction in a single stat? For what? Magicka DPS? It would certainly be better than a Breton for Stamina DPS...but thats not saying anything that isnt blatantly obvious to begin with. And besides...it wont ever be 133 recovery because in this game you have to survive while playing so average will be closer to 90-100, lower in fights that require a lot of movement and situational awareness, only occasionally will you approach 133
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Orc- hard hitting
    Brenton- crazy sustain
    High elf- hard hitting
    Dark elf- hard hitting
    Khajit- critical damage
    Argonians- sustain
    Redguard- sustain
    Bosmer- sustain

That's the thing isn't it, what's the identity, the main aspect of the imperial race? They supposed to be jack of all trades, good at everything, but you cannot be good at everything at the same time. If I think about a good jack of all trades types I'd think about flexibility, they should be versatile, able to choose what they want to focus and then good at that.

I think the best race bonus for imperial is not a static buff, but something a player can choose and specialise at, I would seriously consider giving the imperial a twice born star bonus: +1 mundus stone.

So the imperial character may have a very good sustain, may have damage bonus, may have critical bonus, but you have to choose which one want to focus and wont be good in all at the same time.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »

Orc- hard hitting
    Brenton- crazy sustain
    High elf- hard hitting
    Dark elf- hard hitting
    Khajit- critical damage
    Argonians- sustain
    Redguard- sustain
    Bosmer- sustain

That's the thing isn't it, what's the identity, the main aspect of the imperial race? They supposed to be jack of all trades, good at everything, but you cannot be good at everything at the same time. If I think about a good jack of all trades types I'd think about flexibility, they should be versatile, able to choose what they want to focus and then good at that.

I think the best race bonus for imperial is not a static buff, but something a player can choose and specialise at, I would seriously consider giving the imperial a twice born star bonus: +1 mundus stone.

So the imperial character may have a very good sustain, may have damage bonus, may have critical bonus, but you have to choose which one want to focus and wont be good in all at the same time.

@vgabor
    I wouldn't mind that and thought about it myself I'm just not sure how stupid that could be lol. On one hand it would help fix issues on the other hand it could really abuse those mundus stones so idk if it could be possible without really making it busted. What other stats would we get besides that?
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion

Tough:
    Increases your Max Health by 1500, 1.24 points.

Imperial Mettle:
    Increases your Max Stamina by 1500, 1.36 points.
    Gain 2310 Physical Resistance, 0.78 point.

Red Diamond:
    When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 400 Magicka and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown, 2.48 points.
    Increases your Weapon Damage by 129, 1 point.

Total: 6.86 points.
    And finally change Imperials' name to Colovians so I can stop reading "But Abnur Tharn!", Nords have Shalidor, the Greybeards and the Dragon Priests yet you don't see people trying to make them magic inclined. Imperials started as a stamina race and a lot of people would like them to stay them that way.

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2000 health
    2000 magica
    2000 stam

If this end up going live I will swap my warden back to imperial.
    PvP needs more love.