Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Xanmeer Crown Crate Season"

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, items that I want most are on blue and green cards!

I would’t worry so much about lack of free crates. They do not appear this month, they’ll reappear later. I think it’s clear Log-in rewards have different focus each season. One month we get one big prize, other month lots of smaller ones. Sometimes focus is on gold, crates or pets/mounts. Argonian dlc wasn’t expected to be widely popular, so it was wise move to place it as log-in reward: Generous reward and makes Murmire more populated.

And I must say, getting a lot of free crates - like we did at June or July - makes them feel less special for me. But that’s a personal opinion.
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun to find out that rearing up on the lizard mounts makes them spit hist sap and glow with hist magic for a long time:

foa857qzgzmb.png
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Are people really unsubbing because they aren't getting free crates from ESO trial events? Seriously? Most of the time you get junk, and only occasionally will you get lucky. I'd rather just get free stuff outright, like they're doing now. Sure, I may not always want the item, but I certainly didn't want even half the stuff I got from the free crates.

It's not really about crates, it's about the perceived value of subscription. It's about goodwill. It's about feeling as a valued customer.

There were times when 700 crowns got you three costumes (Pirate costume pack, Imperial Officer pack). Ordinary costumes would cost 400 (blacksmith), newly modeled ones 500 (City Isle tunic), flashy variants 700 (Cyrod Gentry's gown). Nowadays, they release costumes that cost more than 1000 gold after discount and they even have the audacity to call it "exclusive subscriber deal" (I shudder to think what the full price for non-subscribers would be). Meanwhile, did they raise the subscriber crowns by 50% to balance the price raise? Or at least by 30%? Nah. They gave us measly 10% raise and a monthly doorstop for our house... and on top of that, they took away the crates.

Did I stop going to McDonalds just because they stopped giving free ketchup/mayo bags? Technically, no. But it was the last drop that helped me to realize their food wasn't all that good to begin with. :p

Yes, I agree with you here, but some were saying no free crates equals unsub. I just don't see canceling solely because we're not getting free crates/junk anymore. We are still getting free stuff, and frankly, I've liked the free items they've given us so far better than almost all the crap I got from the free crates, but to each his own. I'd rather get free guaranteed items than a free "chance" at something I "might" want.

As for the rest of the "added value" to ESO+, I'm with you, and have posted in other threads on the topic about how our new benefits just steer us to the Crown Store. But, I'm still subbed because I play regularly and want to support the game. With no increase in price (and actually a decrease with the extended subs I can now purchase on XB), I get 10% more crowns (not a lot, but still an increase) and some free items. Plus, I don't have to buy any of the stuff in their exclusive deals and offers. I will say, though, that the exclusive deals is a bit of a letdown, since they're only timed exclusives at a 10% discount (though that discount is still nice if I really want the item). So, I can ignore those deals if I want, just like I ignore Crown Crates.

Also, I've been around since the beginning, so I know all about what was available at what price and the relative rise in pricing overall. Further, I find it ironic that people were unsubbing when crates were being introduced and now we have people unsubbing because that aren't getting free crates anymore.
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    How about putting some of these crates IN THE GAME - rather than ONLY being able to purchase them in the store? I bought the GAME - I'm not spending money on "cosmetics" and stuff like that. Personally, I also don't like having to pay for DLCs. Complete new games (like Summerset) are a different issue. I also won't do an ESO+ subscription (for the same reason I don't play/pay WoW).
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about putting some of these crates IN THE GAME - rather than ONLY being able to purchase them in the store? I bought the GAME - I'm not spending money on "cosmetics" and stuff like that. Personally, I also don't like having to pay for DLCs. Complete new games (like Summerset) are a different issue. I also won't do an ESO+ subscription (for the same reason I don't play/pay WoW).

Yea when I bought my car I was SOOOO pissed that I had to actually buy gas for it, and insurance, and even change the oil. My god. I agree with you.

They should give everything away, so that all of the designers, modelers, developers, support staff, content writers, creative team, etc. have to do their job for free since continuing to find ways to create additional funding post initial purchase for the game are so absurd.

Mr-Bean-OMG.gif

“No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've made a showcase video for Guar-Lizard Steed - this mount surprised me :)

https://youtu.be/6aVsBHA32UQ

You can see all movement and hear all sounds of this mount.

The guar looks the most natural and ordinary this season, and I didn't expect anything particularly interesting from it... But they did really nice with editing the voice of this mount - it sounds like a snake! I really love it's idle hissing, and hissing when it jumps/speeds up <3
  • Athenademon
    Athenademon
    Soul Shriven
    can someone tell me when do these crates end?

also is it just me or does it seem like now crates are unfair and wack, I mean I spent at least 30k crowns or more and the number of items I have gotten is literally sad. all this money spent on crowns and not getting anything worthwhile is really making me consider spending any money at all. I used to love crown crates and had no issue spending money on them but now they just keep adding more things that aren't worthwhile reducing the chances of getting anything like mounts.

as I love to collect certain mounts now it seems that trying to collect is pointless and so does spending
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWS2K wrote: »
    Ok, so I have to ask - will the Deadwater body markings be able to display over the Deadwater skins? Because that's definitely in my top five wishes (skins would still allow body markings). <3

Just checked with the team and it sounds like these ones do not stack. The body markings are hidden by the skin.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Is this ever gonna be fixed? Or is this just a joke to you?
    Lots of us would like these body markings to show on these particular skins.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on February 4, 2019 5:51PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this ever gonna be fixed? Or is this just a joke to you?

There's nothing to fix. The items are following the Appearance priority order.

The reason why the Decayed Zombie skin works as an exception is because of the amount of transparency. You're seeing through the skin to the base layer that would ordinarily be hidden.

For the NPCs, what we're calling a skin is their base layer with a body marking on top. Even if the Xanmeer collectibles weren't skins, they'd still be body markings and you'd still have to choose either the base appearance modification or the tattoos.

So rather than give us the option where it was one or the other but just for Argonians, they gave us the option where it's one or the other buy for all races. Which for a Legendary crate item, was the better option.

Yes, there were a few mistakes this season (dyes not converting to gems, Vossa-satl only awarding 5 gems) but the skins and tattoos are working as the system allows them to.
    signing off