Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's surprisingly awesome decision, I like free tokens. But I would prefer not nerfing racial passives (like in upcoming update) and buffing them instead, so every race would be awesome - in such case I might actually have need of many tokens, depending on which racial buff and appearance I like the most for certain character :) But with upcoming racial nerfs, those passives will become less interesting for me and give less reasons to race change :/ I noticed that if something is nerfed in this game, it will never be buffed properly in future - for example, Imperial will never get their 12% more health back, let alone get some higher bonus.

It's exciting to get free service tokens to help with "adapting" to nerfs, but it's not exciting to get nerfs at first place :'(
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm delighted that the answer to my question here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453709/does-the-free-race-change-token-include-a-name-change
    has an answer.

Thank you, ZOS, for respecting the lore of TES races and their naming conventions enough to add Name Change tokens to the free race change tokens.
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    Well thanks I guess 3 is better than 1 still a blatant cash grab though as zos know most of us have 10+ toons
  • Etheom
    Etheom
    Soul Shriven
    This is amazing!
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's about perspective. I'm not likely to actually change more than 3 of my characters. It's not about me. It's about ZOS making game balance changes, then charging (some people) to fix the changes they implement. If you can't see the problem with that sort of business practice, that's fine. My opinion is that they should not monetize game balance changes... at all... to any players, even if I'm not personally affected.

You don´t unterstand, that you don´t need a Racechange. That has nothing to do with a perspective.

Balance Changes are part of an MMO. What will be when it gives Classchangetokens? Should ZOS then give free tokens on each Balance Patch? That is far away from the reality.

You should make the best of the Build you have or make the best Build for your Race and Class.. And you shouldn´t change Races and Classes every time. The one time the one Class or Race is better, the other time the other. That is normal for each MMO.
    Edited by Soldier224 on February 1, 2019 6:53PM
    Man muss realistisch sein - Neunfinger Logan (First Law Trilogy)
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    Für alle Einbrecher Tamriels oder die die es werden wollen:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?

I would also like an official clarification for this - because I can already see the threads of people who don't realize race change != any race w/out that. And if they are alliance locked then it would be a nice gesture to discount the Adventurers Pack along with the Race/Name change tokens in the crown store.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soldier224 wrote: »

It's about perspective. I'm not likely to actually change more than 3 of my characters. It's not about me. It's about ZOS making game balance changes, then charging (some people) to fix the changes they implement. If you can't see the problem with that sort of business practice, that's fine. My opinion is that they should not monetize game balance changes... at all... to any players, even if I'm not personally affected.

You don´t unterstand, that you don´t need a Racechange. That has nothing to do with a perspective.

Balance Changes are part of an MMO. What will be when it gives Classchangetokens? Should ZOS then give free tokens on each Balance Patch? That is far away from the reality.

You should make the best of the Build you have or make the best Build for your Race and Class.. And you shouldn´t change Races and Classes every time. The one time the one Class or Race is better, the other time the other. That is normal for each MMO.

Like I said, perspective. You will not see my point of view. I will not agree with yours and that's fine. We feel differently about the situation. I disagree with their choice to monetize changes. You do not. We'll agree to disagree.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much. Awesome decision!
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said, perspective. You will not see my point of view. I will not agree with yours and that's fine. We feel differently about the situation. I disagree with their choice to monetize changes. You do not. We'll agree to disagree.

Your Point of View is very selfish. When it gives a reason to do not sell Class Change Tokens.. i think i must not complete my sentence. Maybe ZOS should remove Race Tokens. That ZOS have made this Changes only for monetize is a Imputation. Not more.
    Edited by Soldier224 on February 1, 2019 7:08PM
    Man muss realistisch sein - Neunfinger Logan (First Law Trilogy)
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    Für alle Einbrecher Tamriels oder die die es werden wollen:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This remains completely unfair to some of your most enthusiastic fans who carefully chose their races based on specific traits and will not feel good about their characters after the change.

Among players who play regularly, 10+ level 50 characters is not uncommon. Personally, I have been very casual for a long time and I have 10; 7 of which that have been highly developed with significant playtime in Cyrodiil.

It's not good enough to say "3 tokens will be good enough for most players" when so many other players will be negatively impacted by this.

We should be given, at minimum, a 2 week period of free race changes. 2 weeks is the minimum necessary -- and not enough time, really -- for players with 5+ highly developed characters to digest the changes.
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    I'm currently happy with character creation and race, (I have spent a small real cash fortune admitedly and repeatedly ever since one was able to buy a race/name change as friends will testify!) but thank you as I'm sure I'll use these tokens up AND buy more tokens in the sale.
    tGvB6Y8.jpg Om OM more tokens...
    Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • rothtwinsdad
    rothtwinsdad
    ✭✭
    Thank you!!
    PS4/NA
    Ace Ventura: Magsorc pve dps
    Bodacious Brutality: Stamblade pve dps
    Freezer Pops: Magden pvp DC
    Nature Boy: Stamden pvp DC
    Tramp Stampler: Magplar pve dps
    Sargent Slaughterfish: Magblade
    Unbreakable: Stampler pvp DC
    Combustible: DK pve tank
    Romancing The Bone: Stamcro pve dps/tank
  • frozencasket
    frozencasket
    Soul Shriven
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to applaud you for giving 3 free tokens when a huge number of us have vastly more characters than that. I did my homework. I chose best in slot races for all of my classes/roles based on in-game performance. Giving me three and expecting me to pay to change the others because you've neutered them is shady business. In the car business that's known as 'bait and switch", and is illegal. If ZoS changes racial passives then you should be able to change the race on all of your characters for free. I've already spend over a grand on this game and I love it, but if you start using bait and switch tactics to ring every dime out of me you can then that might well change. I feel this is an intentional money grab because you know that many of us are min/max players.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    And people say you guys don't listen :smile:

Thank you, not necessary for everyone (me included), but thanks for listening.

Awesome.

+1
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Please discount the Adventurers Pack and the Digital Imperial Upgrade during the same period.

Allowing players to get the Any Race Any Alliance and Imperial Race options which are handy for a race change without forcing a change of alliance.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭

Thanks!
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, thanks so much! =D
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous news! I forsee many kittehs in my future! Thanks for listening guys. <3
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the first to criticize ZOS for things so it feels good to have a chance to praise ZOS for listening to feedback and doing the right thing in this instance. Great move, well done.
    Joined September 2013
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    This is very generous! Thank you!

I am sure some people will greatly appreciate it
    Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna fix a whole mess of issues woth my account with this
  • Platemale
    Platemale
    ✭✭
    Awesome news....thank you so much ZoS! You ROCK! B)B)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI all, Id save those tokens for when they nerf certain races after the chapter or when we get nercromancer lol

You can all make the races work on your builds.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any news about a "class change token" or an "account wide achievement feature on all characters" crown store item like "any race, any alliance"?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent response, ZOS. 3 seems fair.
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    This is wonderful news! Thank you ZOS for listening to the suggestions the community made!
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soldier224 wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    Three isn't enough.

If you're profiting from this -- and the token sale planned suggests you expect to -- you're doing it wrong.

You should not be earning $0.01 because you've changed the traits of a character's race and the player is now unhappy about it. You should not be profiting for a problem you will be creating for players.

There should be a period of unlimited changes in addition to 3 tokens that can be used for remorse later.

Exactly.

I don't understand why they insist on trying to earn money from this change. Even if they do profit from it, which I'm sure they will, do they realize how this makes them look?

It gives no reasons that you must change your races. Because many Races are better than before. That a few Races will be better than your race isn´t a reason. 2k Dmg difference or maybe a little bit more is ridiculous.

I understand, that many Players want to have the maximum of the Build that they have favor. But it is not necessary to complete a Vetraid successfully. So it is not ZOS problem but yours.

Now ZOS will give you more than they wanted first. And a few people still moan. I think that is very ungrateful.

It's about poor perception. It's ridiculous that people think each character needs a race change. It's greedy but you know if that's your thing they have options so you can buy it.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    This is very good change. Thanks for noticing and listening. I 3 is a great number. The only suggestion I would say is bundle some more races changes together and maybe sell 3 for the price of 2 and 5 for the price of 3. I understand ZOS is a business and is there to make money, but also the races are still viable form Live to PTS. 1 other thing they could do is give 1 race change token every 2-3 months of ESO plus membership.
    Edited by simeion on February 1, 2019 9:10PM
  • RBaltimore
    RBaltimore
    ✭✭
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!