Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FYI: Updates on Class Rep Program

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you ever sign an NDA with ZOS when you're not even getting paid? I hope you guys talked to a lawyer to have them read it over at least. This is charity work your doing for a company that stands to make loads of money off of your advice.
    Because once money is involved you have to put in work, this is just something people are doing to help better the game for their hobbies and making it more enjoyable. Just because you're helping a company out doesn't mean you need to be paid for it, besides I'm sure being under NDA and hearing some upcoming plans is enjoyable for some of them and that's the deal zos is giving them. The class rep program before the nda seemed pretty undesirable
    #MOREORBS
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the nda is the wrong direction and will not foster more trust into an already strained program since murkmire. It would be better to have more transparency with the community at large. I wish them the best of luck and hope they help get the game back on a better direction.

• LuquidSabotage
    LuquidSabotage
    Soul Shriven
    So with the race Passive change, are we going to get free race change tokens? Because I’ve oaoreadt paid multiple times already for race changes so I had the better option for passives. Now that theyre changing , it was kind of a waste of money seeing how I’m going to have to change again
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get one free. It's all over the index page.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts to have term limits for Class Representatives so that others in the community will have an opportunity to step up and fulfill similar advisory roles?

It would be great to have this, perhaps, as a yearly event where ZOS advances a roster of community member names that they have vetted & have agreed to serve if elected and the gaming community has a way to vote for the new incoming College of "Sapiarchs" (class reps)

You have our account #'s and seems easy to give each one a vote kind of system.

Any thoughts??

Hello everyone! We’d like to give you an update on how the Class Representative Program has been going from our perspective, and some updates on the program moving forward.

We’ve had several voice calls with the Class Reps for them to present combat-related issues that were important to the community, and we’ve found all of these meetings to be immensely helpful and informative. While you may not have always seen changes in patches that you were hoping for, this information is one piece among many that help us in making decisions for the immediate and distant future. We still plan to have these calls at least once a quarter, or more as needed, and provide everyone with the meeting notes.

We’d also like to take this time to talk about some changes we’re making to the program. Effective immediately, all Class Reps have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to help facilitate more transparency between them and the development team, and allow us to have a more open dialogue more regularly. This means that they will need to be very selective about what questions of yours they can answer. However, we still want to make sure everyone is aware of what we’re discussing. As mentioned previously, we still plan to publish any meeting notes from voice calls we have, and we’re talking about other ways we can keep everyone in the loop. More on that to come as we nail down the exact details.

Just as a reminder, the job of the Class Reps is to act as advisors, helping to surface issues important to you all and representing the community’s perspective during discussions with the development team. While we greatly value their input, decisions regarding the direction of the game still fall squarely on the development team. This change to the program is intended to allow the Class Reps to more effectively fulfill their role as advisors.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly worried about the changes to orcs as my main is an orc stamblade and they already have the worst time surviving in pve vet dungeons. Will the changes hurt them even more leading to dying even more often?
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could spend there time talking about how sets effect each class and how.Go through and get rid of all these usless sets and actually create new ones that benefit where certain builds are failing........miserably. Or, Instead of changing the racial passives just make it so that you can pick which traits you want. For example: you get three choices but only one can be damage, one recovery and one specialized. Then a khajit can be a sorcerer
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope nobody voulnters for this position in future. It's not worth bullying, harassment in game and out of game, and stalking my players.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear - things often look really black, just before you find a window. Keep your chin up. I'm on your side. I have been there and done that....
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

We keep hearing a lot of gossip about class reps finding out about changes ahead of time and being able to do things like, for example, stock up on gold jewelry that was just in the vendor for the pvp event and would have normally been ignored b/c it was a meh set.

It may sound petty to worry about it, but personally, I find behavior like that would be unethical and would be concerned if reps were using their position for 'insider trading' so-to-speak.

Some posters (often friends and fans of reps considering they are often known for streaming or being in large guilds) are making excuses for that behavior to try and justify it, which actually makes me even more concerned it might actually be going on.

I'd like to know that is something you guys would take seriously and make sure is not being done is all. I haven't gone around to watch Master Merchant data to see who happened to be stocked up on these new sets and ready to sell them, so I'm not even saying I've seen it happen. But with various people mentioning it on various platforms (discord channels, in game, forums, etc) it would be nice to know it's not being permitted.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what standards are class reps held to regarding in game actions and behavior?
    Edited by Haashhtaag on January 30, 2019 5:30PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a list of current Class Reps?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Is there a list of current Class Reps?

Very good question!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

We keep hearing a lot of gossip about class reps finding out about changes ahead of time and being able to do things like, for example, stock up on gold jewelry that was just in the vendor for the pvp event and would have normally been ignored b/c it was a meh set.

It may sound petty to worry about it, but personally, I find behavior like that would be unethical and would be concerned if reps were using their position for 'insider trading' so-to-speak.

Some posters (often friends and fans of reps considering they are often known for streaming or being in large guilds) are making excuses for that behavior to try and justify it, which actually makes me even more concerned it might actually be going on.

I'd like to know that is something you guys would take seriously and make sure is not being done is all. I haven't gone around to watch Master Merchant data to see who happened to be stocked up on these new sets and ready to sell them, so I'm not even saying I've seen it happen. But with various people mentioning it on various platforms (discord channels, in game, forums, etc) it would be nice to know it's not being permitted.

If they stocked up it would increase the supply and decrease the price for the rest of us... it’s not like the golden can only sell a finite amount.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time stop is one of the only sure ways (aside from negates-but we've lost a lot of sorcs) to crowd control ball groups. Think about who that affects. Now you understand who is screaming and why they are being listened to. It is also why we can pretty much guarantee that the rapids changes will not (really) happen. These people run powerful guilds and do not like to lose any advantage.
    Edited by merevie on February 4, 2019 4:02AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Time stop is one of the only sure ways (aside from negates-but we've lost a lot of sorcs) to crowd control ball groups. Think about who that affects. Now you understand who is screaming and why they are being listened to. It is also why we can pretty much guarantee that the rapids changes will not (really) happen. These people run powerful guilds and do not like to lose any advantage.

I unno, I pvp everyday and only really see timestop used by ball Zerglings running away or just when they stop running and turn around to ulti dump someone 12 or 24 v 2 or 3 lol.

Only ones use it are Zerglings running in a Zerg. It could cost. ANYTHING and like one guys only job would be spam time stop. Regen quick and spam timestop.

Wait for the fools to stand still and drop a shooting star on them. Watch them scatter like roaches when the lights come on. They’ll probably drop a timestop when they run lol. Maybe caltrops.
  • Mindrago
    Mindrago
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5574913#Comment_5574913
    The reps have been put under an NDA. This means that they will be less able to communicate potential changes to us like they did during murkmire. This could be both good or bad, best to voice your opinion.
    They can still get information, they just need to be more sneaky about it.
    Rather than saying "ZOS is thinking about X" they could say "I considered X in my ideas about how to fix it".

Drop it in casual forums or Discord discussion, see what people say. Depends how restrictive the NDA is and what ZOS will allow.

EVE Onlines CSM will be a good example of how this will work under NDA.

EVE Onlines CSM is probably the worst example you could roll out about player reps and NDA'S.

They're dominated by the massive alliances due to a stupid block voting procedure, and whenever any major changes are in the pipeline the said alliances always seem to be ahead of the game for some reason, strange isn't it :)

Yet here you are encouraging these guys to be sneaky about it.

I've been playing EVE for over 7 years, let's hope these guys are better and more honest.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindrago wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5574913#Comment_5574913
    The reps have been put under an NDA. This means that they will be less able to communicate potential changes to us like they did during murkmire. This could be both good or bad, best to voice your opinion.
    They can still get information, they just need to be more sneaky about it.
    Rather than saying "ZOS is thinking about X" they could say "I considered X in my ideas about how to fix it".

Drop it in casual forums or Discord discussion, see what people say. Depends how restrictive the NDA is and what ZOS will allow.

EVE Onlines CSM will be a good example of how this will work under NDA.

EVE Onlines CSM is probably the worst example you could roll out about player reps and NDA'S.

They're dominated by the massive alliances due to a stupid block voting procedure, and whenever any major changes are in the pipeline the said alliances always seem to be ahead of the game for some reason, strange isn't it :)

Yet here you are encouraging these guys to be sneaky about it.

I've been playing EVE for over 7 years, let's hope these guys are better and more honest.

While I can't speak for all of them. Most do have moral character and when talked about they were innocent. So unless there is proof then we should move on. Though zos probably should look at adding this to list of unspoken rules and check on it in future to keep integrity of program.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the link to the latest racial changes?
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton