The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Possible Fix to Snares. Pls vote

Dr.NRG
Dr.NRG
✭✭✭✭
These are just a couple of ideas how we could adress snares. If you disagree or have other ideas please react accordingly but post those ideas in the already existing discussions about this topic such as;
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456259/please-address-perma-rooting-and-snares-it-is-beyond-good-and-bad#latest
or
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454827/snares-are-still-way-too-prevalent#latest
Edited by Dr.NRG on January 30, 2019 6:11PM

Possible Fix to Snares. Pls vote 27 votes

Rename cripple and give it a fallout treatment. When knocked up, down or CCed in any other brutal way, you could break bones and thus are snared until you heal above full hp.
3%
Dr.NRG 1 vote
Snares can be CC broken and you get a couple seconds of immunity
3%
DeathStalker 1 vote
Have roll doge remove snare effect and grant a short immunity (rememberer using a doge already also gives a short immunity to roots so even magicka games wont have to roll as much. The immunity time could use a longer duration for both cases though)
22%
Strider__RoshinkooksterJ18696NyassaVGaunterODimMashmalloMan 6 votes
Remove Snares entirely
51%
ZelosMojmirAektannkojouXvorgHearts_WakebarshemmAjax_22Sandman929McEwend3adpainfrostz417Thanatos_insideSKYICE01 14 votes
A combination of option 1 and 2 or 3
3%
JPcrazysquirrel3 1 vote
Other (again pls follow links provided above and leave a feedback or some agrees on suggtions you like)
14%
validifyedneb18_ESOToRelaxMinnojcm2606 4 votes
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rename cripple and give it a fallout treatment. When knocked up, down or CCed in any other brutal way, you could break bones and thus are snared until you heal above full hp.
    what

If you dont know what this is about follow the links and read up please. This is extremely important to the future of pvp in all instances.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove Snares entirely
    Or reduce de source of snares to "tanking" weapons (S/B and ice staff)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have roll doge remove snare effect and grant a short immunity (rememberer using a doge already also gives a short immunity to roots so even magicka games wont have to roll as much. The immunity time could use a longer duration for both cases though)
    Personally I think the best solution would be to make all snares ground based AOE only. Dont make any skills or sets that snare a player unless its a AOE, the moment or a brief moment after leaving the AOE removes the snare.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    kookster wrote: »
    Personally I think the best solution would be to make all snares ground based AOE only. Dont make any skills or sets that snare a player unless its a AOE, the moment or a brief moment after leaving the AOE removes the snare.

I could agree with this under 1 circumstance tho and that would be that the person casting that AOE is equally snared. Otherwise this will solve nothing as ice wardens would still chace you down
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (again pls follow links provided above and leave a feedback or some agrees on suggtions you like)
    Another thread ignoring the main issue; snare availability is easier than speed yet speed was overnerfed.
    But snares are still needed (melee builds needing a way to catch up and control ranged specs).

The only changes that need to happen:
    - snares removed from a few select over-performing abilities (like rending or the SNB skill)
    - snare values dropped but compensated. All 70% become 60%, 60% become 40%, 40% become 30% and each have 5% speed = 840 max/stam worth of buffs returned.
    - light armor/shuffle buffed to add more snare reduction/speed accordingly

Either that or nerf all snares by adding a 60% cost increase ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove Snares entirely
    Minno wrote: »
    Another thread ignoring the main issue; snare availability is easier than speed yet speed was overnerfed.
    But snares are still needed (melee builds needing a way to catch up and control ranged specs).

- snares removed from a few select over-performing abilities (like rending or the SNB skill)
    - snare values dropped but compensated. All 70% become 60%, 60% become 40%, 40% become 30% and each have 5% speed = 840 max/stam worth of buffs returned.

I would keep snares on SB/Ice staff while providing something in compensation to other weapon skills. I think tanks should be able to snare enemies in PvE , while in PvP it makes both a desirable option (considering 1h weapons got a nerf in their enchantments)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

I would keep snares on SB/Ice staff while providing something in compensation to other weapon skills. I think tanks should be able to snare enemies in PvE , while in PvP it makes both a desirable option (considering 1h weapons got a nerf in their enchantments)

templars/DKs/melee toons still need their snares and as much as I give rending ***, DW has no gap closer so it needs the snare off at least one ability (but it has 2 snares so rip lol).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont think the quality of snares need to be reduced. 70% snares are pretty rare, so I dont really see them as an issue. 30% snares feel somewhat weak, but 40% seems to be the sweet spot. 60% snares are maybe a little too common and a little too powerful. Snares such as these and the 70% ones should probably be relegated to ground based aoes.

In my opinion, snares need to be additive with movement speed buffs instead of multiplicative. So a 40% snare is just a little bit stronger than a major expedition buff, and would only make the player move 10% slower than normal movement speed (excluding any other buffs or debuffs in this category). Whether people like them or not, snares do serve a purpose, and as such should be somewhat stronger than their buff counterparts since snares also have hardcounters in the form of snare immunity. I also believe that the game needs more passives/skills that provide snare resistance, and a few more skills that provide full immunity.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove Snares entirely
    70% snares shouldnt exist
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove Snares entirely
    We don't need snares to chase, don't chase. LOS the ranged caster and make them come to you. Pisses them off, it's fun. Mag sorcs especially have this entitlement where they think everyone has to face tank them.

Honestly I'd be fine with snares restricted to 30% and on a lot less abilities. I like the ground effect only idea, like caltrops. Roots need a longer cool down though. You fight some mag dks and it's pointless to do anything. Shuffle and fm should double the root immunity they provide for snares. Right now you have 2 seconds to try and burst a mag dk running either heavy armor, big shields and or tons of healing.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleX35 wrote: »

I dont think the quality of snares need to be reduced. 70% snares are pretty rare, so I dont really see them as an issue. 30% snares feel somewhat weak, but 40% seems to be the sweet spot. 60% snares are maybe a little too common and a little too powerful. Snares such as these and the 70% ones should probably be relegated to ground based aoes.

In my opinion, snares need to be additive with movement speed buffs instead of multiplicative. So a 40% snare is just a little bit stronger than a major expedition buff, and would only make the player move 10% slower than normal movement speed (excluding any other buffs or debuffs in this category). Whether people like them or not, snares do serve a purpose, and as such should be somewhat stronger than their buff counterparts since snares also have hardcounters in the form of snare immunity. I also believe that the game needs more passives/skills that provide snare resistance, and a few more skills that provide full immunity.

Yea that is another idea. Change the equation to see how that helps first.
    Agreed that 40% is more prevalent than other snares.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 has got to be the dumbest idea for ESO ive heard since that one guy suggested curse eater get nerfed by changing the 5set to allowing you to have food+drink active.

Just remove snares.

Lets just *** trim every CC in this stupid *** CC-spamming game, then add in 4 or 5 select CCs that cost a *** load of resources and no can have more than 2.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    A combination of option 1 and 2 or 3
    Oops. I misread that.

I meant a combination of 2 and 3
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.