The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oranje_elf wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for your work! It helped me a lot, especially when it comes to allocating CP points. I think I have a clear understanding now how to get my DPS back (it dropped from 30+ back to 22-23).

However, one point remained unclear, what enchantment glyphs should I put into my jewelry (all gold VO)? In your written guide you're using weapon damage - stamina recovery - reduce cost, while in the video you use 3 weapon damage glyphs.

(1) What will be an impact on DPS if you stick to the former (as it somewhat let me pretend this &%# patch has never happened)?

(2) Or, alternatively, if the DPS loss is high, will it be enough to use occasional heavy attacks for the latter to keep stamina high enough (also, in trials; it is clear that you can keep it up standing next to a target skeleton)?

Beginners should have 1 Regen 1 Cost reduction for jewelry glyphs because they don't have access to high CP, Vicious Ophidian, and are probably having a hard time making sense of how to sustain. As you transition into end game, get gear and find what works for you, you should be able to go full weapon damage glyphs once you've mastered those things.

The impacts it has depends on user ability to understand and make decisions, if you're not sure when you should be able to Heavy attack without large DPS losses, you should stick to sustain based glyphs. If you're very aware of how the game and high DPS parses operate, then go with WD glyphs.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Nimen
    Nimen
    Soul Shriven
    Hey,

just a quick question since I'm pretty much done with vMA.
    Will a nirnhoned Maelstrom's Bow outperform a random sharpened/precise bow?
    Isn't it right that since the only ability that would be affected by the sharpened trait is poison injection when you swap to dual wield bar it should not matter all too much, or did i misunderstand something?

Thanks in advance - appreciate all the effort you put into the builds and Q&A! :smile:
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind! While the bulk of the "Do this" information is copy pasta from my guide I wrote at Deltia's site, I've updated a lot of the mathematical sections to reflect changes in CP and balance. Below explains much of the section changes;

+Expanded on trait mathematics and added Infused.
    +Added streamlined information for players not interested in Math
    +Spoiler tagged all of the massive walls of text to help clean up the appearance and let players choose on what they want to see.
    +Added source material for many sections in video format
    +Gave more options and suggestions for players at beginner and intermediate play styles
    -Removed all outdated parse and video material to prevent confusion

Hope you enjoy! <3
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    If I have 2 sharpened maelstrom axes, would it be worth using the axes? I've only got nirnhoned/precise/infused maelstrom daggers. Also only have nirnhoned maelstrom bow. Should I just go non sharpened and allocate to points into sharpened CP? I was thinking of just doing 5 VO 5 TFS (have no weapons for either) and then maelstrom weapons.
  • Youmee
    Youmee
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. Gilliam, you are my hero :)

I love your videos, always interesting, thoughtful and overall great.

One question though (may be someone asked aleready, and I missef somewhere wthin these 19 pages of discussion.

I heard that HR with TFS combined overall are better than VO and TFS. Have you tried thois option?
    Edited by Youmee on August 12, 2017 6:47PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youmee wrote: »
    Hi. Gilliam, you are my hero :)

I love your videos, always interesting, thoughtful and overall great.

One question though (may be someone asked aleready, and I missef somewhere wthin these 19 pages of discussion.

I heard that HR with TFS combined overall are better than VO and TFS. Have you tried thois option?

Yep, it does more DPS but a hefty cost to sustain and flexibility of rotation.

• Exinoxe
    Exinoxe
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the awesome guide !
    I was just wondering about one thing : wouldn't it be worth it to replace max health (5395) + max stamina (4936) food with max health (5000) + stamina regen (457) food ?

Thank you.
  • Duxes
    Duxes
    ✭✭✭
    Exinoxe wrote: »
    I was just wondering about one thing : wouldn't it be worth it to replace max health (5395) + max stamina (4936) food with max health (5000) + stamina regen (457) food ?

Thank you.

You'll lose out on damage. If you're having sustain issues try using dubious instead. Or just using one or two regen glyphs on jewelery.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duxes wrote: »
    Exinoxe wrote: »

Thank you.

You'll lose out on damage. If you're having sustain issues try using dubious instead. Or just using one or two regen glyphs on jewelery.

Regen glyphs are a huge DPS loss compared to just running Dubious. 174 WD before amps is way more efficient than 169 regen.

• Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue is this really meant as zero or is it suppose to read 100?
    edit: nevermind, I get it now on -re-read.

"Piercing – 0 *This is assuming you have Nightmother's, Twin Fang, or Sunderflame applied. If you have none of these, try taking some points out of Precise Strikes and Thaumaturge to pump this up."
    Edited by Stormshaper on October 7, 2017 3:10PM
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    Redacted as I didn't read the entire post.....
    Edited by Tamorand on October 30, 2017 6:58PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Clockwork City patch and dropped the link to the guide I manage and update as my focus. Due to constant balance changes I've pruned up a lot of the numbers and removed as much erroneous information as possible.

• itsJylerTAG
    itsJylerTAG
    ✭✭✭
    Could you perhaps, have any advice for someone who mostly pve's and just cannot keep track of spamming all of this during a fight? I mostly play a bosmer nb archer.
  • iAMhealz
    iAMhealz
    Soul Shriven
    @Gilliamtherogue, been searching for a good stam nightblade build now for sometime. Great job! One question i have. Is there a passives in your guide?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iAMhealz wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue, been searching for a good stam nightblade build now for sometime. Great job! One question i have. Is there a passives in your guide?

I don't include passives in guides because you take them all. If it gives you stats, it's worth taking.

• iAMhealz
    iAMhealz
    Soul Shriven

I don't include passives in guides because you take them all. If it gives you stats, it's worth taking.

ok thank you for that. Also was wondering, vamp or ww? i see a lot of people go both.
  • iAMhealz
    iAMhealz
    Soul Shriven

ok thank you for that. Also was wondering, vamp or ww? i see a lot of people go both.

forgot to mention, i am a 270 right now, how would you allocate blues (86 to spend)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got me excited to roll a stamblade .
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got me excited to roll a stamblade .

Stamblades are performing quite well in the hands of a good player at the moment, I have a guildee who does 50k+ single target DPS in group content.
  • Techarvi
    Techarvi
    admin
    2nding Stamblades, seeing really good results too
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

Update when or everything is still the same so no need for update?
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue

I want to thank you for the new Nightblade video. Every time I watch your videos, I learn something new. There is no other source who presents so much info but easy to understand. I really like how you help new players, too and don't look at things black-white. I am Nightblade bow/bow user but many things you said apply, too.

Just a few personal highlights
    You explained when to use Lover and when Warrior not just blindly to use any of it.
    You recommend Stormfist and even Spawn of Mephala (mostly forgotten set) as Monster sets.
    I completely agree about Mechanical Acuity (over hyped meta hum :smiley:).
    Repear's Mark is my favourite NB ability and it perfectly fits for bow/bow play style. I am glad you mentioned it.
    I'm going to slot Mirage instead of Resolving Vigor. We bow/bow players doesn't have access to Blade Cloak which seriously hurt our survivability in some nasty fights but Mirage should help a lot. I completely overlooked that skill for some unknown reason :-/...

Also all you videos about skill trees are tremendous for us new players to better understand game. They help me a lot to create and fine tune my own personal niche builds.

Thank you very much for your hard work and keep going strong <3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfRgKwnIJe4
    Edited by exiars10 on March 7, 2018 6:15PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue hey man, nice setup here but I have a question or more like a request for help...can you give me some pointers/tips/help regarding how to have assassins scourge proc 3 times in 1 cast...been bugging me for the past 2 days already and seems trying and trying at the dummy its just pointless if there is nowhere to aim or nothing to grab at :(
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue hey man, nice setup here but I have a question or more like a request for help...can you give me some pointers/tips/help regarding how to have assassins scourge proc 3 times in 1 cast...been bugging me for the past 2 days already and seems trying and trying at the dummy its just pointless if there is nowhere to aim or nothing to grab at :(
    Light attack once per global cooldown.
    Edited by kadar on March 25, 2018 6:22AM
  • Pr0fischimmler

If you have 4 light attack stacks, switch to the bar where Relentless Focus is on, light attack, shoot bow. Care to be precise on backbar light attacks, and be weary that you can cancel light attacks too early if you hit your skills to fast, making you lose both damage and time.

Also remember, if you are not perfectly efficient on weaving, slow down your rotation completly, and practice. Alter your rotation speed back up slowly. You will find the boundaries of when light attacks come through, and when not.
    Edited by Pr0fischimmler on March 28, 2018 7:32AM
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hearing that Nirnhoned (weapon damage enchant)/Infused (poison enchant) is the best DW option right now because the infused off-hand also buffs the weapon damage enchant and does so more effectively. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing a few months now and have always had sustain issues with my stamblade hundings/spriggans, i know my rotation isn’t the best but can i swap out hundings for bone pirates?

I still have 3150 dmg unbuffed and 36k stam 52% crit.. but 1980 recovery instead of 800-900
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    I’ve been playing a few months now and have always had sustain issues with my stamblade hundings/spriggans, i know my rotation isn’t the best but can i swap out hundings for bone pirates?

I still have 3150 dmg unbuffed and 36k stam 52% crit.. but 1980 recovery instead of 800-900

You should be making sure leeching strikes is up as much as possible. Never refresh it before it runs out either, because you get quite a recovery boost when it falls off. And don’t be afraid to throw some heavy attacks in there, that should be enough to sustain. Leeching + heavies.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Hi folks! We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. As the thread is a bit old, we have gone ahead and closed it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.