Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you see the 3.0.0 PTS Natch Potes as a stamblade? I know nothing is final, but they took away some of our main things. Like stealth dmg bonus and especially siphoning strikes.

Stamblade went from 2nd worse DPS in the game to #1 worst DPS in the game. FeelsBadMan

Our solo performance also crashed into the ground due to losing so much resource management from Siphoning Attacks. Truly a sad day.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't the toothrow set be a good option for stam nightblade builds? I'm currently running 2 piece velidreth, 5 piece automaton, and 5 piece nightmothers. There's probably a better set that I can replace automaton with that's not obtained from trials but I have no idea what's the most efficient.

Toothrow is only good if you're not using Weapon Power potions. Even then, I would prefer something like Leviathan, since it gives more crit with Major Savagery, which you can get from Evil Hunter or something.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on April 26, 2017 8:10PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• BleuZephyr
    thanks for this nice overview.
  • thetraumasurgeon
    thetraumasurgeon
    Soul Shriven
    How do you see the 3.0.0 PTS Natch Potes as a stamblade? I know nothing is final, but they took away some of our main things. Like stealth dmg bonus and especially siphoning strikes.

Stamblade went from 2nd worse DPS in the game to #1 worst DPS in the game. FeelsBadMan

Our solo performance also crashed into the ground due to losing so much resource management from Siphoning Attacks. Truly a sad day.

I am new to the game and leveling a stamblade actually using your guide Gilliamtherogue... Is this class really that bad now/ going to be that bad when morrowind goes live? Or is it just a matter of getting new gear sets and re-allocating skill points to optimize the way the class plays again? I am only level 30 now. I'd rather not pour all my hours into this character if it is getting nerfed into the ground. Is there another class that plays similar (DPS wise) that would be a better choice?
  • AuT6GHad
    AuT6GHad
    Toothrow is only good if you're not using Weapon Power potions. Even then, I would prefer something like Leviathan, since it gives more crit than Major Savagery.

Why would you prefer Leviathan, even if you don't use Weapon Power potions?

They have the same 2,3 and 4 piece bonus.
    And when it comes to the 5 piece bonus; Leviathan gives you 1643 Weapon Crit, but Toothrow gives you 2191 Weapon Crit (Major Savagery) AND 100 Weapon Damage.

So I do not understand, why I should not use Toothrow, if I do not have the Major Savagery buff from another source.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am new to the game and leveling a stamblade actually using your guide Gilliamtherogue... Is this class really that bad now/ going to be that bad when morrowind goes live? Or is it just a matter of getting new gear sets and re-allocating skill points to optimize the way the class plays again? I am only level 30 now. I'd rather not pour all my hours into this character if it is getting nerfed into the ground. Is there another class that plays similar (DPS wise) that would be a better choice?

We can't know for sure until Morrowind releases. The current state of affairs on the PTS leave a lot of concern to be had, so I can't say for sure. If you've enjoyed playing the class I'd suggest sticking with it unless you plan on treating this game like a job.

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AuT6GHad wrote: »
    Toothrow is only good if you're not using Weapon Power potions. Even then, I would prefer something like Leviathan, since it gives more crit than Major Savagery.

And when it comes to the 5 piece bonus; Leviathan gives you 1643 Weapon Crit, but Toothrow gives you 2191 Weapon Crit (Major Savagery) AND 100 Weapon Damage.

So I do not understand, why I should not use Toothrow, if I do not have the Major Savagery buff from another source.

I meant with Major Savagery. You can easily just slot Evil Hunter in place of another skill and gain it permanently.

• A_Cats_Tail
    A_Cats_Tail
    ✭✭
    AuT6GHad wrote: »

I meant with Major Savagery. You can easily just slot Evil Hunter in place of another skill and gain it permanently.

Would evil hunter still give off the weapon critical buff for the main bar if it's placed on the bow backbar?
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would evil hunter still give off the weapon critical buff for the main bar if it's placed on the bow backbar?

No. But if you place it on the front bar it would give you the crit for all the bow DoTs while you are on the front bar.

Also, Weapon Power potions all the way. Those give you that buff and they aren't expensive either, 50g a piece.

ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Calindel
    Calindel
    ✭✭✭
    I know in PVE come morrowind stamblades will be the lowman on the totem pole but what do you think about stamblades in pvp going the cheese route with 3 proc sets, such as; Tremorscale + Viper + Red Mountain, will they shine there in an post-apocalyptic world with no resources?
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    Can I use 1 dagger from TFS and 1 from VO? Can't get 2 of either for some rng reason.
  • Esen
    Esen
    Soul Shriven
    Question: how would you suggest for me to raise my health up? Should I enchant health or should I take out attributes from stamina and put some into health? (currently running a pure stamina attribute thing(
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esen wrote: »
    Question: how would you suggest for me to raise my health up? Should I enchant health or should I take out attributes from stamina and put some into health? (currently running a pure stamina attribute thing(
    @Esen
    1. Make sure you're using 5 Medium, 1 Light, and 1 Heavy armor first. Get up your Undaunted passives so you can get a free 4% Health, Magicka, and Stamina. If your Undaunted isn't up yet, try 5 Medium and 2 Heavy, you get 2% Health per piece of Heavy armor.

2. Always run Blue Max Health+Stamina food in PvE to get that health up. Dubious Cameron Throne is another option as well if you need resource return.

3. If you're a solo player who doesn't have access to others, then this is where you want to use Health ENCHANTS. Attribute points are your highest source of damage, since most calculations apply to your base; which Attributes make up the most of that.

4. If you're NOT a solo player, skip stage 3 and go right into groups. In a group you'll usually ask for your tank to run something called Ebony Armor, which gives EVERYONE in group a free 1108 Health, which also scales with % stats. Furthermore, either your tanks or healers can run something called Warhorn, which gives another 10% Health. Hope this helps!

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calindel wrote: »
    I know in PVE come morrowind stamblades will be the lowman on the totem pole but what do you think about stamblades in pvp going the cheese route with 3 proc sets, such as; Tremorscale + Viper + Red Mountain, will they shine there in an post-apocalyptic world with no resources?

I'd swap out Tremor for Velidreth, and swap Red Mountain for the new Hungerer set. Cheese away!

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cenom wrote: »
    Can I use 1 dagger from TFS and 1 from VO? Can't get 2 of either for some rng reason.

You could, but when you're on your bow bar you'd lose both 5 TFS and 5 VO. Keep trying to get those VO weapons!

• Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Anything new for Morrowind?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »

A lot of new stuff. Have to give me time though. Check back later this week.

• Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭

A lot of new stuff. Have to give me time though. Check back later this week.

But I want to play my NB now! :(

Kidding, thank you for the effort you put into this, hopefully stamblade will become relevant.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated some of the basic information at http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

I'll be updating my thread in a couple days to include all the changes, and talking more about why I make the choices.

• Moncho11
    Moncho11
    ✭✭✭
    I updated some of the basic information at http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

I'll be updating my thread in a couple days to include all the changes, and talking more about why I make the choices.

I see you make reference to Stamina Warden a couple of times. Not sure if this is a mistake. Just a heads up
  • A_Cats_Tail
    A_Cats_Tail
    ✭✭

Hey, is a 5 VO, 5 Nightmother, and Velidreth setup fine while I try to grind two fanged snake and maelstorm weps?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moncho11 wrote: »

I see you make reference to Stamina Warden a couple of times. Not sure if this is a mistake. Just a heads up

Fixed, working on multiple guides at once is confusing. Plus a lot of the information between Stamina builds remains relatively the same (consumables, Munduses, etc)

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, is a 5 VO, 5 Nightmother, and Velidreth setup fine while I try to grind two fanged snake and maelstorm weps?

That's a great setup until you get Twin Fanged. Nightmother's also helps other Stamina builds in the group so they can run other sets too :)

• Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guide, I'm looking at leviathan for now, but COH 2 can be hell when you have to pug all the time, does the dagger drop in coh 1 and is it only on vet or normal also?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guide, I'm looking at leviathan for now, but COH 2 can be hell when you have to pug all the time, does the dagger drop in coh 1 and is it only on vet or normal also?

Yep, it can drop in CoH I or II, normal or vet! Veteran has a higher chance at dropping weapons though, since Jewelry is guaranteed instead of being on the same drop slot.

• Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Gilliam... Found out most guides ask to have one infused dagger and a Sharpened axe this patch... The only combo I could finish was both axes (1 sharp and 1 infused), the daggers I have are Charged or Decisive; will it be a high loss If I use both axes? What about these daggers?

Thanks for the previous repply tho, trying to get the VO dagger.
  • Nimen
    Nimen
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Gilliam,

I hope you don't bother answering multiple question at once.
    At the moment I'm running 5 NMG + 5 Leviathan + Kra'gh.

1) Does the allocation of the pieces matter that much? I'd really like to run Leviathan in jewelry + 2 body pieces but am unsure about the outcome. Same question referring to when I will be able to get VO jewelry + 2 body pieces in combination with NMG instead of VO weapons.

2) If I was to upgrade to TFS with jewelry + weapons one day I'd assume that I'd lose the stacked penetration when I swap bars, is that correct?

3) How would you estimate the efficiency of Hunding's + Spriggan in comparison to NMG + Leviathan?

4) Do you think TBS is still a viable set?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nimen wrote: »
    Hey Gilliam,

I hope you don't bother answering multiple question at once.
    At the moment I'm running 5 NMG + 5 Leviathan + Kra'gh.

1) Does the allocation of the pieces matter that much? I'd really like to run Leviathan in jewelry + 2 body pieces but am unsure about the outcome. Same question referring to when I will be able to get VO jewelry + 2 body pieces in combination with NMG instead of VO weapons.

2) If I was to upgrade to TFS with jewelry + weapons one day I'd assume that I'd lose the stacked penetration when I swap bars, is that correct?

3) How would you estimate the efficiency of Hunding's + Spriggan in comparison to NMG + Leviathan?

4) Do you think TBS is still a viable set?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

1) Main goal is to make sure you keep as much static power gains active permanently. Critical Strike and Penetration will update (aside from single target applied DoTs, which is only Poison Injection on your back bar) anytime you swap to that benefit.

2) You do not lose the penetration until the buff fades, which you have a few seconds before losing the bonus. I do suggest keeping TFS a permanent activation though (some combination of armor + jewelry)

3) Hunding's and Spriggan's is better for solo players who are struggling to pull above 25k DPS. NMG + Leviathan will out perform in group settings when your base DPS is high enough.

4) Viable as in? It's very strong when 100% Penetration is achieved, but still tends to be outdone by other sets. It's definitely safer (max Health) than others, and Thief + Shadow is a disgusting combo on any stam toon.

• oranje_elf
    oranje_elf
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for your work! It helped me a lot, especially when it comes to allocating CP points. I think I have a clear understanding now how to get my DPS back (it dropped from 30+ back to 22-23).

However, one point remained unclear, what enchantment glyphs should I put into my jewelry (all gold VO)? In your written guide you're using weapon damage - stamina recovery - reduce cost, while in the video you use 3 weapon damage glyphs.

(1) What will be an impact on DPS if you stick to the former (as it somewhat let me pretend this &%# patch has never happened)?

(2) Or, alternatively, if the DPS loss is high, will it be enough to use occasional heavy attacks for the latter to keep stamina high enough (also, in trials; it is clear that you can keep it up standing next to a target skeleton)?
    Edited by oranje_elf on May 31, 2017 8:52AM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -Morrowind Update-

Awesome video. It's not just a "build video". You touch upon what ESO is doing under the hood that makes a lot of the things on the surface tick, (i.e. make sure individual CP stars sit at whole integers because the game will round down). And you give everyone from beginners all the way to trials end game options to choose from.

Any plans to roll out a PvP stam NB no CP build video/writeup?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on May 31, 2017 7:51PM
This discussion has been closed.