Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Visual of Khajiit's New Stealth Capability (Stacking is quite extreme)

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭
Race changed my master thief Bosmer on the PTS to a Khajiit for whiskers and giggles. I just wanted to see how absurd the new 5 meter bonus to stealth radius would be. You actually cannot get detected by stationary guards/certain mobs AT ALL. The only time a justice NPC could actually detect me was if they pathed right through me, which is trivially easy to avoid. You can even run tight circles around walking guards and they still won't detect you unless you let them walk through you. You can run around, jump and bump into stationary guards all you want and they will never detect you.

Bosmer don't sneak nearly as well on PTS as they can on Live but at least they could directly compete with Khajiit to offer players that like stealth gameplay another racial choice. Khajiit really is the only choice for serious min-max stealth gameplay as of the current Wrathstone PTS.

I am not asking for any nerfs or buffs to either Bosmer, or Khajiit. I have made my peace with the racial changes. I am just showing this information because I don't believe anyone has tested the stealth reduction stacking, and, it can get quite extreme (though what does that matter)? Do with this information what you will.

This guard doesn't even know...

bLYYHEP.jpg

Literally cannot get closer. Not possible to be detected by a static guard.

aUaBoyB.jpg

Bonus comparisons below. Some users report achieving the same or similar things on the current patch.

3 Meter Bonus

Gzfbm4V.png

n6MuvDV.png

N89ITZ9.png

5 Meter Bonus

bLYYHEP.jpg

Among some adds

No sucking this cat's blood, pest!

WtLKfGv.png

Ummm, am I one of them? They seem to think so...

9XIEamd.png

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 4:01PM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in that same gear set-up as the PTS Khajiit, my Bosmer is able to hide in the shadows near this stationary guard. All seems well for my master thief...

RpI633s.png

Until...she takes few steps closer and DETECTED

5amTk5V.png

Pour out some Rotmeth for all the Bosmer thieves...the jig is up.

SG2PhF9.png

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 11:34AM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a side by side for good measure

IA9l74n.jpg

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 1:03PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least u can be olympics sprint champion if u roll dodge
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty clear khajiit is the better choice for sneaking with the PTS changes.
    However, most "high end" sneaking content, meaning DB and TG daylies is made difficult pretty much purely by the stealth detection mobs. Khajiiti passives do nothing against those. Regular NPCs do not really pose a threat there, so the passive difference will very rarely be relevant in my opinion.
    Edited by Ahzek on January 24, 2019 11:33AM
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bit absurd tbh.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very similar to how Khajiit and Bosmer are on live. With Night Mother's Embrace and Night Terror, I can literal do the same on Live, as sneak radius is effective 1, which is the hard lower cap on sneak radius. Khajiit new passive helps those optimize for stealth.
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night Terror (3 items): 2m
    Night Mother (5 items): 2m
    Khajiit Racial: 5m

So it's better than both a 5 item set bonus and a 3 item set bonus.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems identical to what Khajiit characters can do in live. We can hit sneak cap in live as well.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    That is very similar to how Khajiit and Bosmer are on live. With Night Mother's Embrace and Night Terror, I can literal do the same on Live, as sneak radius is effective 1, which is the hard lower cap on sneak radius. Khajiit new passive helps those optimize for stealth.
    susmitds wrote: »
    Seems identical to what Khajiit characters can do in live. We can hit sneak cap in live as well.

@nsmurfer and @susmitds

did you guys actually test this?

they are not truly an identical bonus. 3 ≠ 5.

why with 3 meters bonus in the same set up, I can't get the exact reduction that I can with 5 meters?

Same bonus as live

Gzfbm4V.png

can you achieve the exact same thing with 3 meters?

n6MuvDV.png

I’m not quite sure...

N89ITZ9.png

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 4:03PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I vote to nerf this back to 3m and instead give khajiit some sustain.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Left4Daud Sneak radius for chars on live is 8m. This becomes 8-3-3-2=0 on live.

Edit- Never mind. I didn't notice you are in front of the guard. Yeah, then this is a buff to Khajiit. Staying up the night to test DPS is getting to my head.
    Edited by susmitds on January 24, 2019 12:40PM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @susmitds

I showed in pics above that a Khajiit with the Live bonus of 3 meters cannot sneak in the exact capacity as a Khajiit with full PTS passives.

3 Meters (Live)

N89ITZ9.png

5 Meters (PTS)

bLYYHEP.jpg

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 4:05PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    @susmitds

I just showed above that a Khajiit with the Live bonus of 3 meters CANNOT sneak as well as Khajiit with the full PTS passives.

Yeah, I just glanced the screenshot and didn't notice you are in front of the guard and assumed you are behind him.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @susmitds

No worries! Glad we are on the same page now.
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »

@nsmurfer

no. you "literally" can't.
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    This is definitely a meme in the making Daud

f07ha80gfb52.png

FEEL THE POWER OF UNIVERSAL APPLICABILITY
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

f07ha80gfb52.png

Heh, awesome. How very cat-like to crawl around an angry Argonian's legs. If your tail brushes against her calf, she won't even notice or attack you!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

No need for nerf,

Khajit need to keep flavours!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 24, 2019 1:30PM
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

f07ha80gfb52.png

Proof the devs don't test *** before adding it to the game lol
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    My friend used to complain how stealthy my bosmer nightblade thief was compared to his khajit templar healer...
    Looks like I am gonna be the jealous one now... :'(
    Well, I could still spend more time on my khajit reroll. Wouldn't be the same though...

Seriously, theses screenshot just look stupid, it look like exploit bug at this point. The funniest thing being that it is not.
    Did the devs even know what they are doing ? Or are they playing the lottery to decide of each number ? :D
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

No need for nerf,

Khajit need to keep flavours!

They don't need to keep something that is better than a 5 piece set bonus and a 3 piece set bonus. It should be 3m at the most.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they forgot to hardcap the stealth radius at 1.
    Meaning that all stealth bonuses stack, but anything past getting your radius at 1 would be a waste.
    That is how it SHOULD be.

Obviously its a oversight and needs fixing. But that is what PTS is for. its basically letting us do the Quality assurance bit that other companies do themselves. PTS players should get rewarded for that more often.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... It's finally like skyrim. Goal achieved.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a true Master Thief, this is nothing new.

SJua1wz.jpg

t9nb2V2.jpg

It's ever so much fun in Cyrodiil being able to enter zergs, take out the healers, and watching the hornet's nest explode everywhere looking for you (especially for someone like me who sucks at PvP). I've had players often bump into me without seeing me; it takes contact of more than a second or so normally for their detection to kick in.

And yes, this is on Live.

Edit: The sad part is my Bosmer won't be able to do the same any more due to their race losing their stealth bonuses. Stealth detection is such a useless ability.
    Edited by Ertosi on January 24, 2019 2:49PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking hostile status might make a difference.
    Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 4:06PM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't. Just saw the thread while I was logging in and immediately took some screenshots wherever I happened to be.

Edit: Noticed you had a hefty bounty on your head... new to the illustrious job of sneakthieving? ;)
    Edited by Ertosi on January 24, 2019 2:52PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ertosi

The bounty was just for testing purposes so I would be Kill on Sight. Also, I just hopped back on the PTS and ported to Rawl to test against the guards there.

There is still a key difference between the Live and PTS stealth bonus. I recommend you make a Khajiit on the PTS and test for yourself.

If you are Kill on Sight with 3 meters of racial bonus and you walk into the guards (NOT stand close to them), they WILL detect you and attack you. (I just tested it against your screenshot. Yes, like you I can get close to the guards. The difference is "bumping" into them while stealthed.)

If you are Kill on Sight with 5 meters of racial bonus and you again walk into the guards, they WILL NOT be able to detect you and attack you.

From my screenshots you may have gleaned that I simply inched as close to a guard as possible without getting alerted. Actually, I walked into / bumped the stationary guards and this is how I tested the increased stealth reduction.

You can test it yourself and you will see. Go on the PTS, make a Khajiit, wrack up a small bounty, and put 2/3 points in your stealth racial so it is just like the 3 meters on live.

The guards in Rawl will detect and attack you when you stealth walk into them.

Now cloak / run away and put the last point in the passive for another 2 meters.

Try again and you can see you can freely walk into that same static guard and they won't get hostile and attack you.

My testing leads me to believe that there is indeed some discrepancy between what is possible for a PTS Khajiit, and a Live Khajiit, however slight.

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 4:07PM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Left4Daud

xSF4gaj.jpg

There you go. Do you know how much trouble it was for a Master Thief to get guards mad enough to not forget you seconds later? And yes, I was bumping him like mad all over his leg like an uncouth canine. What's next? Shall I try to match my outfit style and pet? :P

But yes, there's a difference between PTS and Live. On PTS everyone is going to be able to do it super easy without needing to worry about gear or passives.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ertosi

Share your secret? On live with the below bonuses I can't replicate what I'm able to do on the PTS.

7 Medium armor w/ max improved sneak passive
    5 piece Night mothers embrace
    3 piece night terror
    Thieves guild veil passive
    Khajiit/Bosmer stealthy racial

Edited by Left4Daud on January 24, 2019 3:21PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    And before it gets brought up again, no, you can't sneak this well with a Bosmer OR Khajiit on Live with the current 3 meter bonus.

You can. You just can't do it without gear. You can get similar results on live with either Night Terror, or Night Mother's Embrace. (You can stack them together for more AI breaking shenanigans, if you really want.)