Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Symphony of Blades: Does not proc on self, unlike other "ally" sets. Bug or intended behavior? If this is a bug, please consider toning down this set. It is stronger than Lich or that stamina version of Lich no one uses.

Icy Boi: This set is currently way too strong. It has a good 4 piece, can easily reach a 30k tooltip, and can be deliberately proc'd on demand every 12 seconds. It's a TON of damage in a short time. For comparison:
    It's nearly 2x the damage of Caluurions
    It's 1/3 more damage than Zaans with a 1/3 shorter cooldown
    It does nearly 2x the damage of the initial hit of Shooting Star
    It does the same damage per tick as a destro ult

There is really no reason to have armor sets that out-perform ultimates unless they *replace* ultimate use.

Icy Boi tooltip is way too high to be over the course of 4 seconds:
    ztotjovwn839.png

It should be applied over a longer period. That way in PVP where you can apply it with ele drain (from cloak lol), it isn't as damaging a "burst" dot, but retains its dmg in PVE which is closer to 2.5k and will NOT be on CD unless you gimp your build just to apply it.
    Edited by Thorstienn on January 22, 2019 11:20PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    Symphony of Blades: Does not proc on self, unlike other "ally" sets. Bug or intended behavior? If this is a bug, please consider toning down this set. It is stronger than Lich or that stamina version of Lich no one uses.

Icy Boi: This set is currently way too strong. It has a good 4 piece, can easily reach a 30k tooltip, and can be deliberately proc'd on demand every 12 seconds. It's a TON of damage in a short time. For comparison:

There is really no reason to have armor sets that out-perform ultimates unless they *replace* ultimate use.

ztotjovwn839.png

It should be applied over a longer period. That way in PVP where you can apply it with ele drain (from cloak lol), it isn't as damaging a "burst" dot, but retains its dmg in PVE which is closer to 2.5k and will NOT be on CD unless you gimp your build just to apply it.

Agree
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ztotjovwn839.png

Indeed.

ZOS wanted to give the ice mages some love, which is great... but the burst here is crazy. PVE doesn't need that kind of burst so a more sustained damage model will be better for all. Like maybe 30k over 18 seconds? Also gives people a chance to purge it and have some counterplay.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse Eater is GOOD, leave it alone! This is great for healers all around.

And I wouldn't worry at all about DPS players choosing to run this since it has 2 recovery bonuses and the 5 pc is defensive when there are plenty of superior 5 pc defensive options to take over this one. A DPS running this would be both squishier and weaker, so the "free" purge comes at a fair cost.

If you absolutely insist on nerfing it, maybe just make the Max Magicka bonus Mag Recovery instead to push it further into the "healers only" niche.

Also, please have a look at the Wyrd Tree's Blessing Set which needs to be brought up to speed to compete with Curse Eater.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 23, 2019 12:46AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, please have a look at the Wyrd Tree's Blessing Set which needs to be brought up to speed to compete with Curse Eater.

And Stendarr's Embrace for LA folks.
  • ZOS_Liforce
    ZOS_Liforce
    ✭✭✭
    We've noticed a few concerns over some of our upcoming dungeon item sets, and wanted to clarify and address the biggest outliers.

Curse Eater's purge potential is indeed harmful to certain dueling match-ups. This is a great catch by all of you who tried the set out in PTS and we're looking at ways to adjust the set so that Curse Eater won't dominate certain classes while still giving players more cleansing tools.

Symphony of Blades was designed as a support set, and the wearer cannot target themselves. For recent sets that target yourself and allies, we try to include the phrase "you or an ally" or "you and your allies". We plan on reviewing the tooltips of older item sets to keep them in line with the new verbal standard.

Thank you again for your dedication and passion!
    ESO Combat Designer and Skeleton Enthusiast
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've noticed a few concerns over some of our upcoming dungeon item sets, and wanted to clarify and address the biggest outliers.

Curse Eater's purge potential is indeed harmful to certain dueling match-ups. This is a great catch by all of you who tried the set out in PTS and we're looking at ways to adjust the set so that Curse Eater won't dominate certain classes while still giving players more cleansing tools.

Symphony of Blades was designed as a support set, and the wearer cannot target themselves. For recent sets that target yourself and allies, we try to include the phrase "you or an ally" or "you and your allies". We plan on reviewing the tooltips of older item sets to keep them in line with the new verbal standard.

So for the bold, I dont see where that makes this much better. It will be just group up and all run it. I get my buddy a buff and he gets me a buff. Only thing this does is put the solo or last guy standing in a fight at a disadvantage. Too much is too much whether it effects you or a buddy.
    Edited by technohic on January 23, 2019 3:13PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

So for the bold, I dont see where that makes this much better. It will be just group up and all run it. I get my buddy a buff and he gets me a buff. Only thing this does is put the solo or last guy standing in a fight at a disadvantage. Too much is too much whether it effects you or a buddy.

I would rather have a lower return rate, lower proc rate and be able to proc on yourself.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Thanks for the update. Regarding Curse Eater, I'd like to advocate for it to be redesigned in a way that's still valuable to healers, and is difficult for non-healing setups to stack.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Posted another thread about this but, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_Liforce, the updated Deadly Strikes set is still being sold in Vlastrus. Presumably it should be in Bruma now since it's medium.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would rather have a lower return rate, lower proc rate and be able to proc on yourself.

This will simply kill this set and will be useless better if ZOS can change 2nd piece item bonus to something else.
  • Destary
    Destary
    ✭✭✭
    -Need nerf heal on magicka classes.
    -A real ult on sorc (cause they are just crapy if we compare with other classes).

And the most important : GIVE PRIORITY ON SHIELDS LIKE HEALS. Thx
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ztotjovwn839.png

Deep Fissure -> Meteor -> Shock Reach + this set. Wont be a prob in pvp. Nothing to see here, move on. ;)
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Love the new armor sets!!! despite many forums posters claiming that "nobody likes proc sets", I LOVE proc sets. :-)))

Sets with cool proc effects are important to me. Not just raw power stats. I like to be effective in my groups and look cool too.

Auroran’s Thunder
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    (5 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a single target ability, you summon a cone of lightning from your chest for 3 seconds, dealing 1285 Shock Damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies in the cone. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

- the proc looks fantastic! love it. it procs a lot and looks cool. now i have to decide between Thunderbug, Livewire, and Auroran's. Alos combines well with Stormfist and Llambris for total shock therapy.

Frozen Watcher
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (5 items) Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard. Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damage.

- the proc on this set is also very nice. I like it a lot. I combined it with Winterborn and Iceheart monster set for total frost tank theme. Really cool. I also experimented with the new Stonekeeper moster helm--- this combo also worked great. Nice to be able to Frost Tank !!!!

Scavenging Demise
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) When you deal Critical Poison Damage to an enemy, summon the Scavenging Maw who, after 2 seconds, attacks the enemy, dealing 7000 Poison damage and inflicting Minor Vulnerability for 15 seconds, increasing their Damage Taken by 8%. This effect can occur every 10 seconds.

- the proc here is just like the Defiler set (the monster proc that looks like from the show Stranger Things!). The proc monster is visually very cool. The monster pops in next to the target, takes a swipe, and then disappears. the minor vulnerability seems pretty good, but I was mostly focused on how easy is it to proc and does it look cool.

Icy Conjuror
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    (5 items) Applying a minor debuff to your enemy summons a non-reflectable Ice Wraith that will charge into your enemy, dealing 18920 Frost Damage over 4 seconds. This effect can occur every 12 seconds.

- the proc is high damage. with CP points maxed into direct damage i got up over 20k, but other forum posts indicaate alll the way up to 30k damage. no idea how they got so high on a tooltip. i was imperial, DK. I elated to have another frost based set for the theme aspect. not hard to proc.. i spam talons anyways. i will test if Sunderflame (heavy attack procs minor fracture) will then proc this set. overall. i like this set, but not as much as i like the other new sets.

EDIT -- I equipped Sunderflame + Icy Conjuror - the heavy attack procc'ed minor fracture/breach but NOT the Icy Conjuror wrath. Tested on PvE dummy.
    Edited by TankHealz2015 on January 24, 2019 7:29AM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the closest official feedback thread to the topic and I wanted to be sure this request gets noticed in case you're only monitoring official threads.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424349/can-we-please-get-rid-of-or-increase-the-transmute-crystals-cap-from-200/p1

Can we please get an increase in the number of Transmute Crystals we can hold? Everybody wants it and players like myself are stuck with giving up 20-25+ slots on our character to hold all these extra Geode's from Cyrodiil, Events, Daily Dungeons, ect. when we're sitting at the cap and don't need to Transmute anything at that moment.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Further feedback on Tzogvin’s Warband

This set's stacks are awful to keep. I know not all sets has to be useful but this set has potential, just needs to be slightly better designed. In current design it very obviously isnt PVP set and it is barely melee stamDD set because simply and mathematically trap + AY is better and that would be fine, but why is this set so difficult to stack and so difficult to not lose stacks.
    It also obviously isnt more than potential front bar set, it cannot in any way challenge any popular stamina set that is active on both bars and design of it also says it is meant for front bar only (long duration stacks), yet in several instances on nothing more than dummy parse where I can constantly attack and not be bothered by mechanics or boss porting away, I managed to lose the buff. That is because even with rather short (quite minimum given how vma bow works) time spent on backbar it is totally easy to spent 1-3 light attacks before swapping and 1-3 light attacks after swapping without crit proc on 60% crit chance. It happens rarely but it has to happen just once on 6M dummy and this set goes to garbage can. And it will happen all the time in real fights.

It is quite shame and I see no reason why it even needs the 'light attack has to crit' obstacle. Stuff like AY procs on any melee direct attack (including light attacks), relequen any light attacks and many other sets need even less (any direct damage or any damage). So yes, while the set isnt great anyway and little buffs (in number of crit chance or removing pen or moving pen to 1-2 bonus) would be needed to make it as good as usual sets, it has to drastically change how the stacks are acquired and preserved.

Also I look at this set from strictly bow/bow point of view because thats imo the only place it could be used. And even if I lose no stacks and get somewhat good uptime on the minor force from it at best it performs as good as war machine (on warden with bear) with channeled acceleration. So with all the obstacles and requirements at best possibility it performs as good as set that has 1 bonus wasted (minor slayer, same stuff I get from relequen) and has bonus damage going to group mates. Not saying it should be better than trial set but it shouldnt be worse yet also harder to use.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 23, 2019 9:24PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested the new effect of the Sentry set? I'm really curious what the range and effectiveness is. Does it only detect players who are sneaking/crouching, or does it also detect players who used cloak?
  • agasaagasai
    agasaagasai
    ✭✭✭
    On Frozen Watcher set

Should a heavy, tanking-oriented set only offer damage as 5-piece bonus? Tanking sets normally provide sustain, buffs, debuffs, survivability or utility, not a negligible damage.

If you plan to rely on it for Chilled minor maim, by itself alone, the debuff uptime is quite low, a little less than 40%.

It's nice for rp, but it needs to offer a little more than just damage to be a real tank set.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Frozen Watcher set

Should a heavy, tanking-oriented set only offer damage as 5-piece bonus? Tanking sets normally provide sustain, buffs, debuffs, survivability or utility, not a negligible damage.

If you plan to rely on it for Chilled minor maim, by itself alone, the debuff uptime is quite low, a little less than 40%.

It's nice for rp, but it needs to offer a little more than just damage to be a real tank set.

It doesn't need the chilled proc increase. That's a warden thing that was stolen away from arctic blast. This also devalues glacial presence even further after arctic blast was removed as it had a 30% chance every 2 seconds. This set is 15% every 1 second.

Are us frost wardens a joke to you ZOS?
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 24, 2019 1:16AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a solo player this is frustrating. Yes the the set is overpowered, but it's one of the few sets that would have benefitted a solo/duo/small scale group more than a zerg.

Zergs tend to have less need for resource management, so this set is far less beneficial for them when compared to a solo or small group. Even if 6/12 players run it, the opportunity cost is much greater for them as the set only affects 1 other person, unlike ridiculous sets like earthgore, or abilities such as time stop--where a single person using one of these will benefit the entire group.

Sets whose benefits scale inversely with group size should be something to consider and promote. The solo community has dwindled greatly because solo is not as fun.

While I agree that Symphony would have been ridiculous strong for solo/duo players, it is frustrating that some form of middle ground couldn't be met.

Like, if the resource returned scaled off the number of unique allied players healed during the cooldown, it would provide greater resource returns for groups, but solo/small scale would have better individual uptime. And again, as resource management is significantly easier the larger the group, this set would suffer diminishing returns that larger the group becomes, to the point where it favours smaller numbers.
    Also, give us movement speed options but reduce the non-sprint cap. Speed pots heavily favoured small scale/solo players because a zerg has dedicated rapid spammers so uptime on movement speed means far less to them but much more to solo/small scale.

A small unit should be able to move faster. It's literally how it works irl.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Liforce I play solo, small group, and zerg with friends twice a week. Speaking from all three perspectives:

I would never use Curse Eater solo in Cyrodiil. I don't duel much, so can't really speak to the 1v1 scenarios, but even there I feel like there are much better options when your goal is to kill your opponent before they kill you.

In a small group (5-8), if you're fighting other similar groups, then this can be nice, but the value just isn't there if you're the only healer. Trans, Gossamer, SPC, and others are higher priority in most cases.

When playing in a group of 12+, during major fights there are often more than 10 (and sometimes close to 20) negative effects on group members. The 2 second cooldown should be applying per person that you heal, so if there are 16 in group you can remove 2 negative effects from each of them every 2 seconds. Looking at the time lines of fights where 5-8 negative effects are applied per second, removing 1 per second (2 per 2 seconds) seems reasonable. It's strong, but it's not overpowered. In a zerg vs zerg fight, if you consider how much damage is mitigated by removing a random negative effect per second (which will be more likely 2 effects per 3 seconds due to tick timing), versus how much damage is mitigated by gossamer procs while spamming heals and hots, or by applying the 1300 impen from Transmutation, the numbers are indeed close.

One could debate the resource return to people who receive the negative effect removal, but the actual removal is balanced in large group play, and considering how much you give up in small or solo (not counting duelling), the set as-is makes sense.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention (on Discord) that duels actually ban certain sets. If that's the case, just add this to the list of sets banned for duels if you think it's that serious.
    Edited by Crown on January 24, 2019 9:11PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not addressing on the item sets but rather the item set bonuses:

With all racial changes removing the % modifiers to resources item set bonuses for resources (magicka, stamina, and health) are not 10% less efficient compared to before

For example Necroporance gives 6438 max magicka unbuffed. With a 10% max magicka racial passive this gets boosted by 643,8 magicka. Therefore, by loosing the % racial passives you would loose a significant amount of resources from the item sets.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It appears no one mentioned the Shield breaker set yet.
    Please consider implementing a cooldown of 2 seconds between each Shield breaker's proc.
    There is no doubt that this set has gone untouched for far too long.
    I suggest to balance this set in this PTS cycle and not in the next decade :)
    Old:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them.
    New:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
    Edited by Universe on January 25, 2019 1:10PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the new Sentry set:

I don't think the set will be used in its current state, even if people were facing 100% nightblades in Cyrodiil all day long.

I would love it if the set gave some really good stealth detection capabilities (seeing as magelight/hunter were nerfed to break stealth when you cast them and mark only lasts 5 seconds now). Our current options are very limited, and this new Sentry set is not an answer.

If I can make a suggestion, what's the idea of a Sentry? A guard who watches for stealthed, invisible, or crouched users. If the Sentry set instead increased detection radius by some X number (similar to the PTS Bosmer passive), or prevented them to be unable to return to stealth for X seconds if they take damage, it would be a much better counter set.

Another idea would be to make it a strong proc dot set like old sloads which would reveal an enemy's stealth every second, but make the dot only apply if that person was in stealth (so the proc would only work on stealthed/invisible targets).

One final idea would be to have the set function like the lantern guards in the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood DLCs, preventing cloak in a large radius.

I would use this set if I could reasonably find crouched/invisible people with it. However, I don't see myself finding people by crouching every 30 seconds.
    Edited by Footfalls on January 25, 2019 1:23PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Please consider implementing a cooldown of 2 seconds between each Shield breaker's proc.
    Old:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them.
    New:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

lol, You are simply killing Set which event not used much anymore.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Old:
    New:

lol, You are simply killing Set which event not used much anymore.

2 seconds cooldown is reasonable and won't make this set obsolete.
    In fact, I was going to suggest 3 seconds cooldown, but 2 seconds should be enough to make this set more balanced :)
    Damage shields are not what they used to be, especially after so many adjustments(Damage Shield nerfs).
    Edited by Universe on January 25, 2019 6:48PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I consider running Ice Conjurer, I must admit it looks too strong in pvp.
    It dealt over 10k damage to my friend over 4 seconds and he had 28k magic resistance and I did not even reach this 30k tooltip that our very balanced free-minor-berserk classes can reach.

It has a minimum travel time of 1 second, like crystal shard. Still I think maybe the duration should be increased to make it less bursty, yet interesting for pve.
    Edited by Dracane on January 25, 2019 11:15PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice Conjurer is an awful addition for PvP and you're going to upset a lot of the player base with it. Change it so it's only good in PvE.

Deadly Strikes has me concerned. Stamplars already hit like a truck; this item set is just overkill.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Ice Conjurer is an awful addition for PvP and you're going to upset a lot of the player base with it. Change it so it's only good in PvE.

Deadly Strikes has me concerned. Stamplars already hit like a truck; this item set is just overkill.

Instead of Nerfing sets, why ZOS keep adding Proc sets?
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 26, 2019 7:41PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    (1 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (2 items) When you use a heal ability, you have a 15% chance to summon a strangler sapling that heals you or an ally for 19565 Health over 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Please change to "When you heal a friendly target, you have a [x]% chance"

In it's current state, the 15% chance for the proc to occur on using a heal makes it wildly unpredictable and inefficient compared to some other healing monster sets (Troll King/Earthgore). Please make it more consistent/usable.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on January 26, 2019 6:21PM