The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A request to ZOS:

Please do not nerf set to ground like Soldier of Anguish, Vykosa which no one uses. These sets have some use (if provide equivalent opportunity as existing sets) and if nerf too much then no one cares anymore but simply sets added in junk wardrobe.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 27, 2019 7:18PM
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frozen Watcher (Heavy)2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina5 – Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard.  Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damage.

So, you took the damage part of arctic blast and put it on a set. You even gave it max stamina instead of magicka. Do you guys hate ice magic that much? What stamina character will use this instead of something that does phys, bleed, poison, or disease damage instead?

When I first saw this set it was fist pump time. When I saw it was a stam and not a mag/frost mag set I teared up. Why make a Frost oriented Heavy Set that does not support the Frost Mage Tank in PVE. In PvP this could be exciting if it was mag oriented with Frozen Watch + Winterborn. I think the only other Ice oriented heavy is Ice Furnace which of course has weapon damage and not spell damage. Sigh.

Shouldn't there be at least one, just one Frost Mage oriented Heavy Set out there???
    Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on January 28, 2019 12:53AM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monster set Sentinel of Rkugamz is bugged? (maybe it's intentional).
    It will not travel succesfully to the target healed more than 15 meters away from the caster. At 15 m or so it just stops.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frozen Watcher (Heavy)2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina5 – Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard.  Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damage.

So, you took the damage part of arctic blast and put it on a set. You even gave it max stamina instead of magicka. Do you guys hate ice magic that much? What stamina character will use this instead of something that does phys, bleed, poison, or disease damage instead?

When I first saw this set it was fist pump time. When I saw it was a stam and not a mag/frost mag set I teared up. Why make a Frost oriented Heavy Set that does not support the Frost Mage Tank in PVE. In PvP this could be exciting if it was mag oriented with Frozen Watch + Winterborn. I think the only other Ice oriented heavy is Ice Furnace which of course has weapon damage and not spell damage. Sigh.

Shouldn't there be at least one, just one Frost Mage oriented Heavy Set out there???

they need to change stam cost to mag and they absolutely need to remove chilled proc chance increase from the set. it's a warden thing and they copy pasted it onto a set because we wanted arctic blast back. They just devalued glacial pressence even more. First by removing blast now by making our beloved a proc set? absolutely not acceptable. They also added expansive frost cloak to a set. What is this update? The *** on warden's skills by giving them to everyone via sets update?
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 29, 2019 1:57AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riding Capacity Upgrade is not applying.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Ice Conjurer is an awful addition for PvP and you're going to upset a lot of the player base with it. Change it so it's only good in PvE.

Deadly Strikes has me concerned. Stamplars already hit like a truck; this item set is just overkill.

stamplars... hit... like a truck???
    last I checked the templar healer ran potl and any stam went to stamnb. unless you mean in terms of pvp
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here again to say that Jailer Tenacity set almost unviable due it unrealistic proc conditions:
    Pre-change it was a bit more reliable as it scaled of max hp % and thus to proc it you had to have low-average hp pool that already was risking to die from burst attack, yet still % was too high. Now its 7000hp loss in 1 hit is very unviable in PvE and simply unrealistic in PvP.
    In PvE tanks need to provide utility to group, not just focus on self-survivability so they won't use this full self-oriented set that can proc mostly only on bosses special attacks and mostly never in non-trial old dungeons as tank either wont receive 7k damage due to his caped resistances or will block damage. In any case loss of 7k damage can be covered easily without wasting set slots on something that help to recover from such hit.
    In PvP 7k damage is only something like Snipe from invisibility or coldharbor trebushet/ballista as even most of sieges cant deal 7k instant damage. This making set too unreliable to proc in combat.
    Also in compare to other sets it lack of customization possibility: Daedric Trickery - can be backbared and thus allow to use other 2pc sets on mainbar, such as Willpower or ability-altering weapons (which by far is very strong benefit by itself). Can proc 5 different major buffs each of which is extremely potent in combat. Possible to proc buff preemptively just simply switching to backbar just when in-combat status occure, or just palying on backbar that help to prevent gankings. It has max resources as 2-4pc bonuses that allow to wear defensive set that still help a bit with offense boost from max stat. It does have 50% uptime of buffs but for all previous benefits it fair trade and even here it can be buffed to 70% uptime by Jorvuld set - sets synergy in action.
    Or newly introduced set - Steadfast Hero. Have some of benefits of Daedric, especially with its backbar customization but Its main benefit is reliability as it proc only 1 full combat-oriented major buff but also allow player to determine whether this buff should be activated in combat and such not loose uptime of it in combat when you don't receive damage; It transform purging skills as trigger to activation.
    And now Jailer that doesn't have cooldown but you can't backbar it coz it will decrease reliability of proc for ~50%, it also means that you loose possible 2pc bonus and cant wear nor 2pc sets nor ability-altering set. Even with its old 25% hp proc it wasn't reliable to proc, even its 3pc bonus is decreasing such chance. It's 2,4pc bonuses are full defensive that making set not very versatile. In PvP it will proc just when you receive so much incoming damage instantly that it means that you completely outnumbered and will die next seconds and nothing will help you.
    So, again suggesting to change its proc condition to be 20% hp, i.e. 5% less than original. With such mechanic in pvp it will be almost impossible to proc for high hp tanks as they will be able to proc it only from sieges while for non-tanks it will be reliable proc condition and reward-risk set.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 29, 2019 9:39PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice Conjurer is an awful addition for PvP and you're going to upset a lot of the player base with it. Change it so it's only good in PvE.

Deadly Strikes has me concerned. Stamplars already hit like a truck; this item set is just overkill.

stamplars... hit... like a truck???
    last I checked the templar healer ran potl and any stam went to stamnb. unless you mean in terms of pvp

Yes I'm talking about PvP.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regard of the new Deadly Strike set, which seems really nice on a Stamina DK when combined with vMA DW ...jeah Old vMA Rota incoming :smiley:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam
    Making the vMA DW buff, Cruel Flurry not consumable by Beasttrap would be a nice change.
    especially since you cannot really time the proc of the Rearmed Trap (2nd Proc of it) therefore making it unnecessary hard to get the Cruel Flurry buff onto the skills you want it on.

Yes im aware that it actually "should" proc Beast Trap, since its a ST Dot, but the randomness of it Proccing, and the chance that the boss moves away from the position of the trap, and an add walking onto it, seems not so well designed IMO.

PS: Deadly Strike is fine as it sits now, no need for nerf, because of Bleeds (Bleeds are already OP, and need a fix on their own!...tho adding a new set buffing bleeds isnt actually a great idea on its own)

IF Deadly Strike should get a Nerf, I would actually like to see the Bleeds beeing excluded from the Set, rather than a flat % nerf on the 5th Piece bonus.
    For compensation, the 14% could then be buffed up to 18-23% keeping the amazing synergy for stamDK's and even Stamplars with this set.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 30, 2019 7:55AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• DeCarn
    DeCarn
    ✭✭
    2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 2325 of that resource every 1 second for 6 seconds. 18 second cooldown.

Cooldown is way too short, it's a no brainer inclusion on any pvp build, equipping this allows the user to spec very minimally into sustain and max into damage.

Shroud of the Lich 5piece essentially grants 10320 magicka over 20 seconds without any magicka recovery bonuses, but it has a 40 second cooldown. And while Monster Sets are generally more powerful than 5 piece sets, they usually excel in damage or defense, this set breaks the mold in a way that could break the pvp meta in a big, but not a good way.

This set is almost objectively better than engine guardian, which already sees a fair amount of use despite its drawbacks of bad rolls and the possibility of interruption, not only that, because this set procs only when your highest resource is below 50%, which means you get it when you need it most, unlike engine guardian.

This set is too powerful in that it grants a meaningful amount of resources too reliably, it's the best of both worlds in terms of defense and damage since resources granted can be used for both of those things.

My ideas of possible adjustments would be:

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 3325 of that resource over 3 seconds. 8 second cooldown.

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, their next 3 recovery ticks of that resource grant 120% more resources. 14 second cooldown.

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, reducing the cost of their next 4 abilities costing that resource by 80% for 5 seconds. 16 second cooldown.

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 40%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 1200 of all resources every 1 second for 5 seconds. 16 second cooldown.
    XxX_DPS RECORDS_XxX

RAKKHAT - 19k
    WARRIOR - 11k
    MAGE - 22k

Legionary grade 1, Kingmaker, Royal Jester
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeCarn wrote: »
    2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 2325 of that resource every 1 second for 6 seconds. 18 second cooldown.

Cooldown is way too short, it's a no brainer inclusion on any pvp build, equipping this allows the user to spec very minimally into sustain and max into damage.

Shroud of the Lich 5piece essentially grants 10320 magicka over 20 seconds without any magicka recovery bonuses, but it has a 40 second cooldown. And while Monster Sets are generally more powerful than 5 piece sets, they usually excel in damage or defense, this set breaks the mold in a way that could break the pvp meta in a big, but not a good way.

This set is almost objectively better than engine guardian, which already sees a fair amount of use despite its drawbacks of bad rolls and the possibility of interruption, not only that, because this set procs only when your highest resource is below 50%, which means you get it when you need it most, unlike engine guardian.

This set is too powerful in that it grants a meaningful amount of resources too reliably, it's the best of both worlds in terms of defense and damage since resources granted can be used for both of those things.

My ideas of possible adjustments would be:

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 3325 of that resource over 3 seconds. 8 second cooldown.

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, their next 3 recovery ticks of that resource grant 120% more resources. 14 second cooldown.

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, reducing the cost of their next 4 abilities costing that resource by 80% for 5 seconds. 16 second cooldown.

2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 40%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 1200 of all resources every 1 second for 5 seconds. 16 second cooldown.

The set doesn't proc on yourself.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sentinel of Rkugamz is still bugged.

It now correctly does 8 ticks, is unkillable and non-CCable.

However, the spider just stops in the middle of nowhere if the target on whom it procced is more than +-15m away. I've reported it in
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455549/sentinel-of-rkugamz-feedback-and-bugfix-request#latest
    But posting also here where it rightfuly belongs.

Please, we hope that it gets fixed before Wrathstone goes live. Otherwise, all your efforts you made to make this set useful will be brought to nought.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if stamina got something interesting for once. I'm still using sets that were available in One Tamriel.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if stamina got something interesting for once. I'm still using sets that were available in One Tamriel.

wear relequen, or is this too meta for you? :trollface:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    While I consider running Ice Conjurer, I must admit it looks too strong in pvp.
    It dealt over 10k damage to my friend over 4 seconds and he had 28k magic resistance and I did not even reach this 30k tooltip that our very balanced free-minor-berserk classes can reach.

It has a minimum travel time of 1 second, like crystal shard. Still I think maybe the duration should be increased to make it less bursty, yet interesting for pve.

My question is how...

30k tooltip
    Is automatically 15k in pvp, before it’s reduced another 20-30% from resist. That’s without things like damage reduction as well.

So how did you managed to get an over 10k damage dot when you didn’t have 30k delve to begin with.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about for PvP. Stam gets carried by relequen and the maelstrom bow in PvE. Without those stamina wouldn't even be a thing in PvE. Magicka is just that much stronger naturally.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about for PvP. Stam gets carried by relequen and the maelstrom bow in PvE. Without those stamina wouldn't even be a thing in PvE. Magicka is just that much stronger naturally.

Well with the prob incoming nerfs to fury and 7th legion..pvp stamina is goin to get a big mixup
    PC EU

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

Counterpoint- make proc sets useful.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riding Capacity Upgrade is not applying.

YOu need to select a mount on PTS, if there's no mount selected you wont get the upgrade for your inventory
    PC EU

• Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

Are u serious? Proc sets ruine pvp.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

PvP ruins PvP. If you weren't blaming a proc set for dieing or not being able to kill someone, you would be blaming something else. That is just how it works, in every PvP game that has been.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average purging potential of the new curse eater is virtually identical to the average purging potential of the old wyrd tree(roughly 1 debuff every 3 seconds).

Considering the (lack of) popularity of wyrd tree, I am not sure your goal to make unused sets more popular will be met with this one. The magicka return will not save it (there are far better sets for that, if sustain is a problem).

Remember soldier of anguish.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

PvP ruins PvP. If you weren't blaming a proc set for dieing or not being able to kill someone, you would be blaming something else. That is just how it works, in every PvP game that has been.

lol when proc sets do 10k + damage(zaan) it is not fine ok? or like sload on start. With ur logic sload was fine it is just noobs cant counter
    Edited by Thanatos_inside on February 5, 2019 12:39PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sentinel of Rkugamz is still bugged and withou fixing it, it won't see much play (which is exactly against ZoS intention when they started fixing all the bugs on this set).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455549/sentinel-of-rkugamz-feedback-and-bugfix-request#latest
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

lol when proc sets do 10k + damage(zaan) it is not fine ok? or like sload on start. With ur logic sload was fine it is just noobs cant counter

If it wasn't that set or whatever you are on about, you would be complaining about temp heals or nb stealth or do wings or sorc wards or whatever killed you last or stopped you from "your kill". PvP in an mmo is a random skilless mess no matter how you shake it.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 5, 2019 1:12PM
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

If it wasn't that set or whatever you are on about, you would be complaining about temp heals or nb stealth or do wings or sorc wards or whatever killed you last or stopped you from "your kill". PvP in an mmo is a random skilless mess no matter how you shake it.
    u r just proc set user - press x to win
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stop adding proc sets

u r just proc set user - press x to win

k
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are still so many sets that the orc needs to test in PvP... don't know where to start.

Although in theory the new sets sound very nice, so I hope they work as intended. Will test that soon.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Tzogvin's Warband set is wasted opportunity. Idea oh having 10 stacks increasing crit chance for 10 seconds and being activated by critical weapon attacks seems fine but the end results seems underwhelming because berserking warrior can achieve it faster , easier and with higher value. Yes I do realize that Tzovgin's will also provide minor force but the thing is DDs especially stamina ones have already easy acces to minor force. Yes I know it will work also for bow users but to be honest bow users with snipe will have to wait way to long to get full 10 stacks to make it worth so he could just use Leviathan plus bow users also have acces to minor force.

This set would be perfect if minor force would be removed and replaced with higher value for stacks. For example instead of current 129 changing it to 219 which would result of final value being 2190. Lets keep in mind that this set requires more strict rules to charge full stacks value and more time for it then Advancing Yokeda but when it's finally procced to full value would become more effective. Stacks could also have duration shortened to 7-8 seconds. So at the end we would get medium armor version of advancing yokeda that is harder to achieve max value but easier to maintain it. Perfect set for new update. Also it's worth to mention that this set would perfectly complement current shadow mundus stone change because of 4 piece bonus to penetration which would allow to slighlty compensate for loss of penetration from changing lower to shadow. Second great solution would be to change minor force with regular not named 10% crit dmg multipler buff.

Idea behind this set is great and creates lot of opportinities waiting behind the corenr if just small tweaks would be made.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 7, 2019 6:43AM