The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and general itemization improvements. The team is looking for feedback particularly on updates to the Cyrodiil sets and the new item sets coming with Update 21, and if you plan to use any of these item sets once the update goes live.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tzogvin’s Warband (Medium)
    2 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    3 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    4 – Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    5 – When you deal critical damage with a Light or Heavy attack, you gain a stack of Precision, increasing your Weapon Critical by 129 for 10 seconds, up to 10 stacks max. At max stacks, you also gain Minor Force, increasing your Critical Damage done by 10%.

I know this set isnt going to be meta changing or anything but its very interesting. It has just one huge issue - it has penetration on 4th bonus. I and probably many others, simply dont want to have different values of penetration on backbar vs frontbar and this set screams '"frontbar me!". We want to have enough pentration to reach cap (with other buffs and debuffs) at all times. Making the 4th piece worthless essentially (in pve, I know it is still valuable in pvp)

Could something be done with it? Moving pen to 3th bonus. Removing it completly, etc?
    Edited by SodanTok on January 21, 2019 9:53PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new monster set looks like a huge sustain boost
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The update to the older cyrodiil sets was nice. And i liked most of those changes. But the new sets with this patch was mostly just new proccsets. Wich the majority of the playerbase dislike. Myself included. Dissapointed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 2325 of that resource every 1 second for 6 seconds. 18 second cooldown.

Sounds broken.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on January 21, 2019 9:57PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 2325 of that resource every 1 second for 6 seconds. 18 second cooldown.

Sounds broken.

use this on a dps for infinite sustain. can only heal self
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Merciless Charge: Fixed an issue where the damage over time of this ability could be blocked.

Can this be made a Bleed to have a Resistance ignoring nature such as Virulent Shot? This way the weapon and Critical Charge actually gain some relevance in PvP again.
    Edited by Rukzadlithau on January 21, 2019 10:12PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frozen Watcher (Heavy)2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina5 – Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard.  Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damage.

So, you took the damage part of arctic blast and put it on a set. You even gave it max stamina instead of magicka. Do you guys hate ice magic that much? What stamina character will use this instead of something that does phys, bleed, poison, or disease damage instead?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Sounds broken.

Mag Sorcs in PVP. I look forward to using this over Lich or Bright Throat and equipping a 5 piece damage set instead and just running crit surge for the heal.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Sounds broken.

Mag Sorcs in PVP. I look forward to using this over Lich or Bright Throat and equipping a 5 piece damage set instead and just running crit surge for the heal.

Does self healing count? Doesn't sound like it. Seems like its a healers set.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds broken.

Until some PuG steals the proc.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

Sounds broken.

Every other set that states «allies» also proccs on yourself. ie powerful assault, spc etc

PC EU
    PvP only
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds broken.

Every "heal an ally" set applies to yourself as well.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Curse eater is op and needs to be nerfed. Two seconds is way too short a cooldown for such a strong effect.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Curse eater is op and needs to be nerfed. Two seconds is way too short a cooldown for such a strong effect.

Templar can cast skill, Mutagen do same thing. I do not think its OP as it applied to single target.

Stop crying for something it not worth! Do you think players will use this set instead of other good sets?
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 21, 2019 10:32PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds broken.

Pretty sure the crit heal CP passive will be enough to keep it proc'd. Also frags proc. I doubt you'd even need crit surge honestly.

I'll ditch ilambris in PvE for that level of free sustain.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm confused by the new 5pc bonus. It seems too good to be true.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds broken.

Every "heal an ally" set applies to yourself as well.

I didn't know that thats awesome.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rolis Hlaalu needs to offer a costume/pet/mount/emote on a rotating basis. Basically, he needs more things to sell.
    Edited by LonePirate on January 21, 2019 10:43PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for strong set bonuses and all BUT

Symphony of Blades (Monster Mask)
    • 1 – Adds 2% Healing Done
    • 2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 2325 of that resource every 1 second for 6 seconds. 18 second cooldown.
    is way beyond overpowered. It is broken. It is possible to spam Steel Tornado endlessly on a zero-sustain build with this setup. The value needs adjusting surely. It is stronger than any 5pv set bonus available. PvP is going to be a mess with this. Expect the return of true perma block.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

• 2 – When you heal an ally whose primary resource is under 50%, grant them Meridia’s Favor, restoring 2325 of that resource every 1 second for 6 seconds. 18 second cooldown.
    is way beyond overpowered. It is broken. It is possible to spam Steel Tornado endlessly on a zero-sustain build with this setup. The value needs adjusting surely. It is stronger than any 5pv set bonus available. PvP is going to be a mess with this. Expect the return of true perma block.

Yeah, the more I think about this set the more broken it seems.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Instead of nerfing the set should provide something else as 2nd piece bonus.

Every dungeon dlc have problem with monster set either they are completely useless or broken.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 21, 2019 10:42PM
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    soldier of anguish round 2 with that curse eater change, nice
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Templar can cast skill, Mutagen do same thing. I do not think its OP as it applied to single target.

Stop crying for something it not worth! Do you think players will use this set instead of other good sets?

An auto purge every 2 seconds if you have a HoT active, meaning it doesn’t have to be cast. So not only does it not cost resources or a cooldown, it actually returns resources. Absolutely broken. And it robs Templar of class identity by giving an auto purge to everybody.

Do I think players will use it? If it goes live like this half of Cyrodiil will be in curse eater next patch.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Symphony of blades seems bugged.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of nerfing the set should provide something else as 2nd piece bonus.

Every dungeon dlc have problem with monster set either they are completely useless or broken.

Should just make it similar to troll king and increase recovery of your main stat.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

An auto purge every 2 seconds if you have a HoT active, meaning it doesn’t have to be cast. So not only does it not cost resources or a cooldown, it actually returns resources. Absolutely broken. And it robs Templar of class identity by giving an auto purge to everybody.

Do I think players will use it? If it goes live like this half of Cyrodiil will be in curse eater next patch.

Magicka return part can be removed but further nerf will make it weaker and useless.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you guys actually are aware that people want to play frost mages. This is really good.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know @SilverIce58 explained this above but here is a more detailed version:

I like most everything in this patch, but MAN i did NOT expect to see this.

To start us off, the old Arctic Blast had an inherent increase to proc chilled on enemies on its old AoE. it was around 30%. It was paired with a tank heal and it was really great at being a Frost Tank flavour skill that people got use out of. this skill wasn't broke. yet ZOS "fixed" it.

People liked this skill. And a lot of them wanted it back when ZOS removed it and added a slow projectile that stuns the enemy dealing no damage, healing very little to the intended audience and even less so in the mode its supposed to be used in (PvP, battle spirit halves that). This skill is expensive, the projectile has a slow animation, travel speed, and is dodgable and blockable!

Fast forward to today, to add insult to injury we receive Frozen Watcher after our pain points of arctic blast were received. and it's almost a carbon copy of old arctic blast.

Frozen Watcher (Heavy)
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard. Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damage.

This set is NOT bad. but it did not need to exist if ZOS listened to PTS feedback the day they changed blast (several months ago). tanks now have to waste an armor slot for what old arctic blast did on a skill.

At the very LEAST this set should be Scaling off Maximum Magicka instead of Maximum Stamina, because of the frost staff and magicka blocking and the whole ice theme being, y'know, magic! ZOS, please do not disregard the rest of the existing frost magic.

Arctic Blast still needs some love such as some noticeable single target magicka scaling damage and a cost reduction to make the skill worth using.

EDIT: i originally intended to put my original post that this is from on the PTS section. but i didn't check and it ended up on combat mechanics.

As always, the link to the ESO Frost Discord is below if you would join to talk about anything and everything frost magic in ESO
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what the PTS is for. We need to try it out!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds broken.

Sounds broken.

Pretty sure the crit heal CP passive will be enough to keep it proc'd. Also frags proc. I doubt you'd even need crit surge honestly.

I'll ditch ilambris in PvE for that level of free sustain.

Edit: This comment is wrong, it's 2325 every second for 6 sec.

2325 magicka every 18seconds is equivilant to 129 mag/sec or 258 magicka regen.

You waste a monster set when you can just use a magick recovery glygh or a monster set with 1pc mag reg.

For example: 169 * (1 + 10% sorc passive + 20% pot + 10% vampire + 15% cp + 4% mages guild + 20% light armor)
    = 169 * 1.79
    = 302.5
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 2, 2019 6:27PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit