The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Depths of Malatar

• sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    sozo108 wrote: »
    I like that in the current vet DLC dungeons the skins and collectible rewards are tied to the Challenger achievements. The reward should be given for completing HM, no death, and speed run to reward those that put in the time and effort to achieve the highest difficulty of the dungeon. Also doing so adds extra replay value to the dungeon. I really hope they change this before the dungeon goes live to only award the new Purified skin with the Challenger achievement. Giving it away with Conqueror makes the skin not nearly as special.

Why don't you ask for another reward to be considered, more suitable for high-end player and more useful none the less, instead of trying to strip the other fellow players off the chance to get the desired cosmetic items that help them to build their character's personalities, not to show-off how powerful and special they are? Not being mean is always an option.

I'm not being mean, just suggesting that a highly sought collectible such as a skin or personality continue to be the reward for completing an appropriately challenging achievement (HM, no death, and speed run). If other fellow players want the skin, they can put forth the effort and time to obtain it themselves or pay end game players for a carry (a perfectly viable and ok option) if they just want cosmetics and don't want to work at it themselves. There are plenty of cosmetic options in the crown store as well.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not being mean, just suggesting that a highly sought collectible such as a skin or personality continue to be the reward for completing an appropriately challenging achievement (HM, no death, and speed run). If other fellow players want the skin, they can put forth the effort and time to obtain it themselves or pay end game players for a carry (a perfectly viable and ok option) if they just want cosmetics and don't want to work at it themselves. There are plenty of cosmetic options in the crown store as well.

Vet DLC is actually hard enough to settle that "accomplishment" feeling already and has needed "put effort" to it too, but has no masochism element to it as well. Which is tempting for more people rather than a selected group of individuals, who's often find themselves not amused even with VetHM. Tempting equals more sells and more players at least trying to do dungeons. Which is good for the game overall.
    Carry runs is not intended by the design and it will devalue your own efforts by multiplying a rare item use in game. That's how a lot of people see this by the way and I can't blame them. It's not like someone wants to steal the other player's profit but rather a matter of honor.

As a person on the other page fairly pointed out that skins are used by players mostly to hide their vampirism. And crown store skins only recently started to look like semi-normal and it's for agronians only within RNG box. If you don't wan't to be a lizard, a zombie, or a pool of lava, or a pile of ice, you're only option is Scalecaller and now Malatar. And Malatar will get a lot of attention because of this which is always good.
    Edited by TiaFrye on January 22, 2019 5:13PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback on the skin, everyone. We've understand and respect everyone's points. That said, at this time, we'd like to gather more feedback on the dungeon itself and its mechanics. If you have additional feedback you'd like to give on the rewards, please open a new thread so this one can stay focused on the actual dungeon. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that in the current vet DLC dungeons the skins and collectible rewards are tied to the Challenger achievements. The reward should be given for completing HM, no death, and speed run to reward those that put in the time and effort to achieve the highest difficulty of the dungeon. Also doing so adds extra replay value to the dungeon. I really hope they change this before the dungeon goes live to only award the new Purified skin with the Challenger achievement. Giving it away with Conqueror makes the skin not nearly as special.

Why don't you ask for another reward to be considered, more suitable for high-end player and more useful none the less, instead of trying to strip the other fellow players off the chance to get the desired cosmetic items that help them to build their character's personalities, not to show-off how powerful and special they are? Not being mean is always an option.

Not every DLC dungeon has to offer a skin for doing HM/no death/speed. Wouldn’t it be nice for players to be able to earn a handful of skins by just doing a vet dungeon? I mean it really doesn’t take away from the achievement of doing the HM/no death/speed.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Shrooms50
    Shrooms50
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Finn Depths of Malatar HM is bugged if you wipe, you keep warping back and forth from the first plane to the next. Current fix that we discovered is to activate HM after you wipe and then dying to reset it.

I was about to post about this issue but seems that it is noticed now. We had the same issue there and didnt know how to fix it so we left the group
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completed on vet without HM on the first try with a couple of people who had never seen the dungeon before. With the exception of the first boss (which I feel at the moment is harder than all of the other bosses, including the final boss on vet non-HM), this dungeon is significantly easier than Frostvault.

Also a bit surprised to find that the mechanics of the final boss on non-HM is the same as HM. Just different numbers like less health, boss recovering only to 24% health when entering the second phase, etc. But the mechanics themselves are, AFAICT, the same. Which is a stark contrast with the recent dungeon HMs which have all been pretty meaty and different than the non-HM. I'm certain we could've beaten HM last night if it hadn't been for the warp bug.

Someone share a screenshot of the skin when you unlock it. :smile:

@MLGProPlayer
    Screenshot_20190122_141508.png
    Screenshot_20190122_141948.png
    Screenshot_20190122_142136.png

I think this skin's going to replace the Scalecaller skin as my vampirism-hiding skin.
    Edited by code65536 on January 22, 2019 7:32PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
    Very much, the story was amazing and can't wait to see how the story continues in the chapter.

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    Easier than vet Frostvault. We wiped a few times since we didn't know mechanics, but as doable.

Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Completed both.

Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    I liked all. Don't have a fav.

What level and build was the character you used?
    StamNB 810 CP (DD)
    2x Valkyre Skoria
    5x Relequen
    5x AY (Axe and Dagger)

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Was a good new dungeon! I like that the skin is rewarded by just completing the vet dungeon, so more people have the chance to acquire it. Though would be cool if there would be something nice for completing hm, speed run, no death as well.... more than a title :smile:
    Edited by Wolfkeks on January 23, 2019 9:01AM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Chriagon
    Chriagon
    ✭✭✭
    You need more than one player to beat the first boss in both new dungeons due to mechanics, right?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chriagon wrote: »
    You need more than one player to beat the first boss in both new dungeons due to mechanics, right?

Correct.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • zTrok
    zTrok
    ✭✭✭
    I as someone who's done every vDLC hardmode, and have farmed certain vDLC dungeons extensively greatly enjoyed this dungeon.

My team completed the veteran version of this dungeon, and overall it was a really enjoyable experience. With it feeling slightly easier than Moon Hunter Keep, and about on par with March of Sacrifices.

Symphony of Blades, along with the Hunger Fight, were both fantastic, with both seeming like call backs to other DLC dungeons, Fang Lair Hard Mode, and March of Sacrifices Hard Mode respectively.

I completed this dungeon on CP 810 Magicka Warden. Overall it took us around an hour for all of our first times in.

We did get a bug slightly before the king fight, where earthgore procced on an npc. qf9tpuxe6sj9.png

Overall though, I highly suggest moving the Skin back to challenger as a requirement, as the group I was with while rather inexperienced, was able to breeze through relatively quickly. It was really simple to get, and the titles don't necessarily compensate really as well, as there's a variety of other titles that can be used that show off much more grand achievements (ie. Voice of Reason, Flawless Conqueror, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, etc.)
  • Chriagon
    Chriagon
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Chriagon wrote: »

Correct.

Okay, thank you.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Beautiful visual animations and scenery ! Kudos to that team for sure. Some nice mechanics too. Scavenger is original !

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

I ran with people I never met before but happened to pop up on PTS claiming that they completed most or all vet DLC and even some HM. DK tank, templar healer, 1 melee dps and 1 magicka dps. The melee dps complained often in the dungeon "I whish I had brought my ranged mag dk !!" especially during the fight with the "weeping woman" boss who summons all the huge red aoe circles and you have to keep moving. He was unable to move out in time and died often as the red aoe zone are so large/thick. For me on the other hand as (ranged) healer it was challenging requiring me to move constantly but still fun and spot on. I also had just enough time to rezz making the encounter still fun and allowing me to cover partly for the dying melee dps.

Even though every player in the group had over 19k health I noticed the continuous dmge on them was huge on some trash pulls and boss fights. I never ran with these people before so I can't tell if they were just extra squishy or if we just are still missing

First boss: The Scavenging Maw

we died a few times through what was clearly our own error (1 party member straying from the group and 'finding' the boss while being alone etc...) even though mechanics seemed intuitively clear enough to me for us to know what should be done. So this fight seemed well designed and tuned imho. a Healer also seems to be more than a luxury in this fight which is nice to see. 3dps runs seem to be discouraged although not impossible.

Second boss: The Weeping Woman

Super mario bross on stereoids. Very nice and well tuned for a ranged player but melee dps are screwed here. Will need a change imho. Mechanics were simply and clear.

Third boss: Dark Orb

Mechanics were not 100% clear to me. I mean sure each time an orb spawns it makes the auroran guards stronger so you want to kill it asap. But so many aurorans were spawning and jumping all on the tank that the health bars were jumping like crazy reaching zero and back often. I felt that the number of adds and total dmge on the group was really high and excessive so most likely there were extra mechanics at play that I don't know/understand yet. If so I wasn't able to learn them during the fight...

Also with boss still having enough health for 2 orb phases we suddenly got like 8-9 auroran really strong adds spawning at once nonstop and after that we suddenly could finish off all remaining health without another orb spawning. It felt as if 1 orb phase was either skipped (bug ?) or it was there but invisible which could explain the sick dmge and tough to kill adds that just wouldn't die.

fourth boss: King Narilmor

I got the sort of "find the real King in between his copies" mechanic but still I feel there were extra mechanics I didn't get . There was waay to much near-death dmge on hte group for this to be considered normal. Spamming heals like crazy felt off. More runs needed I guess in order to understand the extra tactics (assuming there are) which definitely were not clear enough by themselves during the fight.

fifth boss: Symphony of Blades on non-HM mode.

clear mechanics: kill an auroran to open a hole in the 'wall' and avoid 1-shot like Fang lair wall of ghosts. Active repositioning constantly and last phase is very epic. Very nice fight it felt challenging but fun as a first impression.

both. normal was faceroll and mechanics were overhealable as usual with DLC dungeons. Vet was challenging enough not to be boring.

The Scavenging Maw because of the originality of the encounter and fight's 'hide and seek mini-game' mechanics. Also Symphony of blades was cool with last phase becoming spheric etc

cp810 templar pure healer specced

I Need more runs to be honest to notice more things. Some mechanics in boss fights/thrash are just still unclear as of this writing and there was no clear info or hints during some fights on this.

Note that I'm euro and thus played through this entire content with a constant latency of 150ms. I felt that the dungeon was forgiving enough for this latency, allowing me to still get out in time and rezz (although some very close calls !)
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    • Meridian Purified Skin: Obtained by completing the "Depths of Malatar Conqueror" achievement, which requires you to complete the new Depths of Malatar dungeon on Veteran mode.

So... Does this mean that I need to make it through only once on vet, no hm, speed run or no-deaths? Or does it mean that the dungeon itself is so hard to run on vet that it can not be completed in 30 mins with no deaths?
    If it is only vet and only once, then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, this is very good news.

The Purified skin only requires Veteran completion. The previous achievement (HM, No Death, Speed, etc) is still there and awards a title but the cosmetic skin is awarded with a Veteran clear.

Love seeing more nice cosmetic rewards accessible to more players. This is really awesome!
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon? Definitely one of my new favorites. The first group I did it with took the time to really look around.

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions? The mechanics on normal are fair, but inexperienced dungeoneers will probably have trouble dealing with The Dark Orb and Symphony of Blades (low DPS players that aren't prioritizing targets). Trash mobs were also fair and it's clear which enemies need to be focused down.

Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)? I beat it twice on normal. I only do vet dungeons when I need something specific.

Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why? Symphony of Blades was a lot of fun. Reminded me of the epic Thurvokun and Orryn the Black fight in Fang Lair.

What level and build was the character you used? My CP is a lot higher than the cap so basically CP 810. When I played DPS I used 5 Burning Spellweave, 2 Ilambris (1 med/1 heavy), Maelstrom's Inferno Staff, and Infallible Aether jewelry/lightning staff. When I tanked it I used 5 Icy Conjuror, 2 Iceheart (1 med/1 heavy), Maelstrom's Ice Staff, and Infallible Aether jewelry/lightning staff.

Do you have any other general feedback? A reasonable group should be able to pull through.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In vDoM HM, the boss's Jesus Beam does an insane amount of damage.

That's 41601 damage in the span of 1.5s. That's after block mitigation, with the tank's resistances and mitigation.
    Screenshot_20190124_214137.png
    Edited by code65536 on January 25, 2019 2:52AM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20190128_181238.png

vDoM HM is considerably easier than vFV HM. There isn't much in the way of mechanics. Just lots of damage to avoid. In order of vDLC HM difficulties, I'd go...
    1. Frostvault HM
    2. Marches HM
    3. Fang Lair HM
    4. Scalecaller HM
    5. Malatar HM
    6. Moon Hunter Keep HM

I would say the biggest challenge is for melee DDs, since there is so much movement necessary to avoid damage. We're also not quite sure what the source of Purification is. It's doing a lot of damage, and we're not sure why--we just outhealed/outshielded it.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

I don't think I have stressed this well enough but for both dungeons:After runs with 2 good melee stamdps and then a run with 2 ranged magdps I must say the difference is night and day.

In many fights like e.g the weeping woman, when the melee's respect the super-mario-bros-style mechanics and do all the movement it kills their dps basically while skilled ranged players are able to keep dps up.

It feels like the gap has never been bigger between the two than in these new dungeons. The fight's mechanics are really nice, no need to remove that but it feels rather like the melee's need more (ranged?) options to keep dps up during all that continuous movement.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyes.

Veteran didn't feel harder than dungeons from previous DLCs.

Veteran Hardmode.

The first one, because it requires a bit of teamwork.

Max CP DK tank. Ebon + Dragon + Stonekeeper.

Tbh as a tank I didn't understand most mechanics that killed dds. I just needed to hold block and avoid walls of ghosts. Maybe more hints about mechanics would help :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-7oxBlelg&feature=youtu.be
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can a level 10 go in this dungeon?
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »

no my friend, on 'normal' mode DLC dungeons usually require you to be level 45 minimum so this will not be an exception. Then furthermore to enter them on "veteran" mode you need to be cp300 minimum

It's worth adding that on the PTS servers (and only on PTS !) it's possible to make a template character that is immediately max lvl (cp810) after creation. You can then use that character to enter and test the new dungeons
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on January 31, 2019 9:50AM
  • Disturbed125
    Disturbed125
    ✭✭✭

no my friend, on 'normal' mode DLC dungeons usually require you to be level 45 minimum so this will not be an exception. Then furthermore to enter them on "veteran" mode you need to be cp300 minimum

It's worth adding that on the PTS servers (and only on PTS !) it's possible to make a template character that is immediately max lvl (cp810) after creation. You can then use that character to enter and test the new dungeons

I don't think this is entirely true. I think they're locked on the dungeon finder sure, but you should be able to make your own group and go there without issue. So while yes, a level 10 cant queue for a dlc dungeon, they should be able to make their own group and just teleport into the dungeon. IIRC there's only a few dungeons that are actually level locked though I don't understand the reason for it (Blessed Crucible is the only one that comes to mind).

Edit: Level 3 on the pts inside frost vault
    5r08zpf9iije.png
    Edited by Disturbed125 on January 31, 2019 10:53PM
    [PC NA] -Chaos Riders-
    Flawless Conqueror - Boethia's Scythe - Mageslayer - Ophidian Overloard - Shehai Shatterer - Divayth Fyr's Conjugator - Voice of Reason - Dro'Mathra Destroyer - Blackrose Executioner - Bringer of Light - Extinguisher of Flames - Xalvakka's Scourge
    Trifectas
    Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Depths Defier - Relentless Raider - The Unchained (1st NA / 2nd World) - Immortal Redeemer - Nature's Wrath - Defanged the Devourer - Tick Tock Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Dawnbringer - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - GodSlayer - Privateer - Coral Caretaker
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think this is entirely true. I think they're locked on the dungeon finder sure, but you should be able to make your own group and go there without issue. So while yes, a level 10 cant queue for a dlc dungeon, they should be able to make their own group and just teleport into the dungeon. IIRC there's only a few dungeons that are actually level locked though I don't understand the reason for it (Blessed Crucible is the only one that comes to mind).

Edit: Level 3 on the pts inside frost vault
    5r08zpf9iije.png

aaah yess you're right. I forgot about that for a second when writing that. Everything I wrote only applied to going in via the random group finder. With premade groups you can go as anything you like indeed.

Thanks for correcting me on that
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completed both new dungeons on vet non-HM with a standard setup of magsorc dps, magblade dps (me), templar healer, and DK tank. Overall, I liked them both a lot.

My main piece of feedback is that these seem overly punishing on the tank. Our tank died fairly often on several of the fights. Some of this was mechanics that we were figuring out, so the deaths were expected. But some of them I think were just that the stuff in there hits super hard - he was geared as a tank for base game vet DLC dungeons, and I think he wasn't quite tanky enough to take some of the hits. My feedback here is:
    • For the mechanics that are supposed to be avoided by the tank, please telegraph them better so that the tank knows they're supposed to dodge them instead of absorbing them.
    • For the mechanics the tank is supposed to absorb, lower the damage a bit. Requiring extreme tankiness makes these needlessly difficult for pug tanks.

Although we completed all the bosses, there were a bunch of mechanics that weren't clear even after the fact. Most of the time we walked away saying "I think we missed something back there".

The Scavenging Maw

The boss was fun. I liked the hide-and-seek part. The poison conal from the boss hit the tank really hard, and when he was focusing on that he wasn't able to wrangle all of the mauler adds. These adds then lived up to their name and mauled the dps. If there was a way to avoid the poison cone, it was not clear.

The Weeping Woman

Fun and easy, given that we were both ranged dps. This seems like it would be really punishing on melee dps.

Dark Orb

The adds seemed to be infinite once the fight got going. Even if we stopped to destroy the mini-orbs, the adds kept coming and eventually overwhelmed us, so we concluded the right strategy was to just burn the main orb. This seems odd, and made us feel like we were missing something.

King Narilmor

If we were supposed to focus on a particular clone when the boss split, we couldn't figure out how to identify him. Most (all) of the clones had damage shields, but they disappeared pretty quickly. Ultimately, we just picked one and focused that and the overall boss health went done. Overall this was a pretty simple fight, but again it felt like we were missing something.

Symphony of Blades

This was fun. I like the wall mechanic on this fight much better than its equivalent in Fang Lair. Killing our way through the wall gives us the ability to control where the hole appears, which is much better than the relying on rng like in Fang Lair.

The jesus beam from the boss seemed overtuned - it basically insta-killed whoever it targeted, even the tank, with very little warning. We focused down that add and it ceased to be a problem, but it seemed disproportionately strong compared to the other add abilities.

This was another place where the tank kept dying from the bosses's basic attacks. I don't know exactly what was killing him or if the attack was avoidable, but this is one place that seemed to assume the tank was tankier than he was.

I liked the phase on the Colored Rooms much more than the fight in the Ayleid ruins, in part because it was prettier. I sort of wish that he teleported us there sooner in the fight instead of staying in the ruin almost until the end.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cellentel wrote: »
    If we were supposed to focus on a particular clone when the boss split, we couldn't figure out how to identify him. Most (all) of the clones had damage shields, but they disappeared pretty quickly. Ultimately, we just picked one and focused that and the overall boss health went done. Overall this was a pretty simple fight, but again it felt like we were missing something.

This is just a rehash of HRC's topside boss, pre-U21(it's ironic that U21 introduces in a dungeon a mechanic that is simultaneously being abandoned in a trial).

One of the copies is "real", and the rest are decoys. Each decoy will despawn when its damage shield is destroyed, but the "real" version will continue taking damage after its shield is breached. You must locate and destroy the "real" one.

On an unrelated note, the way to get the achievement for helping Tharayya win her duel is to keep her healed. I guess this was ZOS's way of making healers "feel useful"--by giving them an NPC to babysit for an achievement...

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

Overall, this dungeon was a better experience compared to Frostvault. Most encounters felt well balanced and fair, with some exceptions.

[*] How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

On veteran I feel this dungeon is comparable to Scalecaller Peak (excluding HM). Based on observations most of the encounters here are more mechanics based just like SCP, which I greatly prefer . On most bosses, players can "play it safe" and fight the boss on their own terms - slowly and safely or trying for more risky burn strats.

Similarly to my other post I did this with my group of rather experienced Oceanic friends, all 300 ping minimum during 4.3.0.

[*] Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?

Veteran.

[*] Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?

No favourites, but in general most boss encounters were fine once we got the mechanics down. There was enough reaction time given for most attacks for us to counter them in general. Mechanics wise some bosses are ok but others need work.

Trash mobs

In general trash difficulty is fine. Normal mobs are easily dealt with and the elite Stone Watchers hit hard, but proper interrupting and taunting by the tank deals with them easily. Their frost AOE spell and frost ring hits hard but can be interrupted or avoided with enough timing.

Trash density is a bit high in the area between the second and third boss, in general amount of trash mobs could be reduced slightly overall.

The Aurorans that spawn have certain attacks that hit too hard and too fast with no warning given. Their Dawnbreaker is dealing 14-15k with an associated stun; this attack fires way too fast with no red cone indicator given. A much fairer version of this can be seen on Champion Marcauld (vDSA first round boss), even though the cone is larger and the damage higher, there is ample time to avoid it.

There is also another Auroran attack that resembles some sort of fiery meteor that falls from the sky and splits into smaller projectiles, as well as some random lightning strikes that seem to spawn over players. Those attacks are also dealing way too much damage and stunning on impact with no red circle indicators as to where they're going to land. Please adjust these two mechanics down to be more fair and add proper telegraphs so we can see and avoid them accordingly. Auroran health could also be reduced.

The Scavenging Maw

The heavy attack mechanic where he splits into 4 and strikes each player is largely fine, as long as people don't stack and block up early.

The mechanic where we have to look for the boss within the room seems a bit unintuitive, do we just run around randomly searching the corridors until the boss attacks us again? Would also suggest making the grab mechanic after the boss is revealed less deadly so players can react and save their teammates a bit more consistently, currently it's killing its victim in less than a second.

The poison spew mechanic is really hard to avoid consistently given how cramped the room is and how large the circles and cone AOEs are. Might want to consider making the damage lesser, the AOEs smaller or making it such that the boss can't turn around while doing that mechanic.

Adds and the smaller bone pile AOEs spawned during the fight were dealt with rather easily.

The Weeping Woman

This boss is largely fine, the large red ring AOEs are usually shown early enough for players to avoid. Adds spawn based on health percentage and can be dealt with at the party's own pace.

The boss's geyser attack AOE should have a better telegraph, the expanding red circle does not show the final size of the AOE like most other expanding AOEs do.

The boss is quite melee unfriendly, since the boss tends to light attack from range while staying in her own large AOEs. Would suggest lowering the range of the boss's auto attack so she can be rubber banded by the tank into better positions for melee dps players.

The Dark Orb

Smaller orbs seem to spawn based on health percentage as well as the adds (I think). Since this is an adds based boss fight the only complaints I have are identical to those from the trash mobs mentioned earlier. Auroran attacks need more telegraphing and need to be more avoidable in general.

The smaller orbs giving the Aurorans more skills to use isn't very well explained either.

King Narilmor

The boss uses many of the same attacks as the trash Aurorans so again, the same issues came up here; need more telegraphing, indicators etc. It was especially bad when the boss and his clones decided to use Dawnbreaker close together at once randomly, it's 30k damage minimum with no warning. Constant lightning strikes and fire meteors also complicates things. Our health was going up and down constantly in bursts during the fight, and this fight is especially taxing on the healer given they need to keep Tharayya alive as well.

Clone mechanic isn't explained well, not sure if we're supposed to take down the clones before they activate or if it's intended that we focus down the real boss fast. The health of any clones still alive seem to match the boss's health percentage after a bit, not sure what's up with that.

Symphony of Blades

The boss itself gains the mechanics of the trash Aurorans that he absorbs and similar complaints for the last boss apply: more telegraphing, more reaction time and indicators for his attacks are needed, especially when they're hitting even harder now. (I sense some content recycling going on here.) Might want to consider reducing the health of the 4 coloured Aurorans that spawn in the corners so as to not punish groups with low dps with excess mechanics later during the main boss phase. The radiant destruction (templar beam) mechanic from the boss is also dealing way too much damage too quickly.

The Auroran ghost line mechanic is very melee unfriendly since melee dps will have to constantly reposition and back pedal while dpsing to avoid the instant kill mechanic.

Coloured room phase was largely ok, speed of the ghost lines is not too fast and avoiding the hitboxes of the ghosts is easier than in FL HM since the glowing line is a good indicator. Similar Auroran mechanics and critique apply here as well.

Didn't give HM a try.

[*] What level and build was the character you used?

CP810 mag Warden healer

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?

I feel this dungeon is more well balanced in general than Frostvault. Most encounters are more fair and most boss mechanics are health based instead of time based which means lower dps groups can complete by playing it safe and aren't overwhelmed too quickly.

The orbs/imps giving the Aurorans more skills to use isn't explained very well in general.

Main complaint, as mentioned, is how certain hard hitting attacks from bosses and trash are not sufficiently telegraphed. The more hard hitting something is the more reaction time should be given for players to avoid or counter it.

Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • forumsmurf
    forumsmurf
    ✭✭✭

I can't say I dislike it but it isn't something very interesting. I'll forget about the mechanics after a while because it didn't make a deep impression on me.

This is one of the easier HMs and my group finished it first try without knowing all the mechanics (and we still don't). It's easier than Fang Lair, Scalecaller Peak and March of Sacrifices.

Completed HM.

First boss. It's the only boss that really requires proper gameplay. Everything else can just be mindless dpsing.

Template Wrathstone maxed out character.

The dungeon seemed rather bland. It's disappointing, because I thought it would be the more interesting of the 2. I guess not.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Cellentel wrote: »

This is just a rehash of HRC's topside boss, pre-U21(it's ironic that U21 introduces in a dungeon a mechanic that is simultaneously being abandoned in a trial).

One of the copies is "real", and the rest are decoys. Each decoy will despawn when its damage shield is destroyed, but the "real" version will continue taking damage after its shield is breached. You must locate and destroy the "real" one.

On an unrelated note, the way to get the achievement for helping Tharayya win her duel is to keep her healed. I guess this was ZOS's way of making healers "feel useful"--by giving them an NPC to babysit for an achievement...

Lord Warden comes to mind...
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I did. is fun but less than FV

Quite easy, I think too much easy If u compare it with FV, FL or SCP even.

Veteran

The fist one, it was a really original mechanics. Last boss was so easy....

Template khajiit magplar. Siroria, Mother Sorrow and Zaan/Valkyn. Altmers haven't enough sustain for this kind of run on pts.

As I said before I think the dungeon is too easy. We did with just 3 people, we wiped in all bosses util we got the mechanics but last boss was second try and the weeping woman too. One tank and 2 dd almost the whole dungeon. Sometimes my friend switched to healer but it wasn't necessary even in King Narilmor