The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Depths of Malatar

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Depths of Malatar. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
  • Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should add if the normal version is noob friendly since these dungeons are the start of the dragon themed questline.

Also, oh god, it followed me across eras, I will not touch the beacon!

tsxqs6v9va5k.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 22, 2019 3:56AM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Meridian Purified Skin: Obtained by completing the "Depths of Malatar Conqueror" achievement, which requires you to complete the new Depths of Malatar dungeon on Veteran mode.

So... Does this mean that I need to make it through only once on vet, no hm, speed run or no-deaths? Or does it mean that the dungeon itself is so hard to run on vet that it can not be completed in 30 mins with no deaths?
    If it is only vet and only once, then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, this is very good news.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    • Meridian Purified Skin: Obtained by completing the "Depths of Malatar Conqueror" achievement, which requires you to complete the new Depths of Malatar dungeon on Veteran mode.

So... Does this mean that I need to make it through only once on vet, no hm, speed run or no-deaths? Or does it mean that the dungeon itself is so hard to run on vet that it can not be completed in 30 mins with no deaths?
    If it is only vet and only once, then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, this is very good news.

The Purified skin only requires Veteran completion. The previous achievement (HM, No Death, Speed, etc) is still there and awards a title but the cosmetic skin is awarded with a Veteran clear.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    The Purified skin only requires Veteran completion. The previous achievement (HM, No Death, Speed, etc) is still there and awards a title but the cosmetic skin is awarded with a Veteran clear.

I will name my first born after you, Finn, thank you ;;
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great news! I hope more skins and other collectibles can be earned this way in the future. I didn't mind the old way but finding groups to run some of the older dungeons for the skins was difficult at times.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *deleted*
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 21, 2019 10:50PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Finn I just wanted to say I really appreciate that you're here actively engaging with these PTS threads on dungeon/trial content! It gives me the feeling that you're eager to hear player feedback and field our questions. Thanks so much! The Wolfhunter dungeons are an absolute blast. Can't wait to get into the new ones!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Yep! We want to make these Dungeons the best they can be.
    Staff Post
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Depths of Malatar HM is bugged if you wipe, you keep warping back and forth from the first plane to the next. Current fix that we discovered is to activate HM after you wipe and then dying to reset it.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Ok, thanks! We will get on that. You wiped in the colored room?
    Staff Post
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks! We will get on that. You wiped in the colored room?

yeah, to the walls of adds closing into the center, afterwards it would say joining encounter in progress
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a huge and much desired change that I hope will become the norm, and if at all possible retroactive. Special titles are absolutely necessary for capable players to strut their stuff but its frustrating for cosmetic items that may relate to a characters roleplay or just general character aesthetic are locked behind achievements only a small minority can complete. I love the work you guys have put into your hard modes with the last few dungeons and I know they aren't meant for everyone to beat them and that's ok as long as the rest of us can still have our fashionsouls.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »

This is a huge and much desired change that I hope will become the norm, and if at all possible retroactive. Special titles are absolutely necessary for capable players to strut their stuff but its frustrating for cosmetic items that may relate to a characters roleplay or just general character aesthetic are locked behind achievements only a small minority can complete. I love the work you guys have put into your hard modes with the last few dungeons and I know they aren't meant for everyone to beat them and that's ok as long as the rest of us can still have our fashionsouls.

I second this!

@ZOS_Finn please find a way to revert the current in-game trial and dungeon achievement collectibles to this!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ummmmm... no?
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    We’re on it. Thanks for the video!
    Staff Post
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! We want to make these Dungeons the best they can be.

Make them non darksouls hard im so sick of dlc dungeon difficulty its become a chore rather than fun 2 dlcs a year i try to skip because they're just agoizing when they drop a helm you need
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭

I second this!

@ZOS_Finn please find a way to revert the current in-game trial and dungeon achievement collectibles to this!

yeah no, the whole point of these achievements are to feel proud of the accomplishments, this would be a very bad idea.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone share a screenshot of the skin when you unlock it. :smile:
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone share a screenshot of the skin when you unlock it. :smile:

yes please
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
    Not really.
    How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    In contrast to Frostvault (I posted more about Frostvault in that dungeon's thread), this dungeon seems to be more in line with the DB/WH dungeons in terms of difficulty. Which is to say, this is a lot easier than Frostvault.

On our first time ever seeing the dungeon, we had a wipe or two on the first boss and then no more wipes until we reached the final boss. Quite a contrast versus Frostvault.
    Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Vet
    Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    Ra Ko Three--er, I mean, Symphony of Blades. Because eye candy. And Colored Rooms. Minus the warp bug, obviously.
    What level and build was the character you used?
    DK Tank
    Magplar DD
    2x Magblade DD
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Did all your creative boss design budget get blown on Frostvault? We cleared vFV first, and I gotta say, this dungeon seemed like a letdown after the fun romp that was vFV. The bosses were forgettable and not particularly interesting. The first boss, though, was surprisingly tough--we wiped on the first boss whereas we didn't wipe on 2nd/3rd/4th bosses.

We got to the final boss and tried it on vet HM. The first phase of the fight seemed pretty easy. Too easy, which is why when my teammates were about to celebrate victory, I cautioned that we'll probably see the boss enter a second phase like Thurvokun. And I was not disappointed. The Colored Rooms are pretty!

Though, as already reported earlier in this thread, there is a bug that traps your group in a neverending warp if you wipe on HM, so that kinda put a damper on things. The bug also prevented us from trying that fight on non-HM, so we have no idea what it's like on non-HM.
    Edited by code65536 on January 22, 2019 2:59PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭

I second this!

I like that in the current vet DLC dungeons the skins and collectible rewards are tied to the Challenger achievements. The reward should be given for completing HM, no death, and speed run to reward those that put in the time and effort to achieve the highest difficulty of the dungeon. Also doing so adds extra replay value to the dungeon. I really hope they change this before the dungeon goes live to only award the new Purified skin with the Challenger achievement. Giving it away with Conqueror makes the skin not nearly as special.
    Edited by sozo108 on January 22, 2019 1:38PM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sozo108 wrote: »
    I like that in the current vet DLC dungeons the skins and collectible rewards are tied to the Challenger achievements. The reward should be given for completing HM, no death, and speed run to reward those that put in the time and effort to achieve the highest difficulty of the dungeon. Also doing so adds extra replay value to the dungeon. I really hope they change this before the dungeon goes live to only award the new Purified skin with the Challenger achievement. Giving it away with Conqueror makes the skin not nearly as special.

Why don't you ask for another reward to be considered, more suitable for high-end player and more useful none the less, instead of trying to strip the other fellow players off the chance to get the desired cosmetic items that help them to build their character's personalities, not to show-off how powerful and special they are? Not being mean is always an option.
    Edited by TiaFrye on January 22, 2019 3:44PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't you ask for another reward to be considered, more suitable for high-end player and more useful none the less, instead of trying to strip the other fellow players off the chance to get the desired cosmetic items that help them to build their character's personalities, not to show-off how powerful and special they are? Not being mean is always an option.

Not being mean here but earning them is also an option.

I still wear my Dreadhorn skin on one toon because of the number of tines someone died on a no death run with the boss under 10%.

I wear my Scalecaller skin with pride because i was in there on HM for 4 hours getting it done. Do you know how annoying it is to be sat on 1 boss for 4 gods damned hours with the sound of the wind in the background.

I swear in dreams/nightmares i still hear "KNEEL OR BE CRUSHED" or "MY SHIELD"
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still wear my Dreadhorn skin on one toon because of the number of tines someone died on a no death run with the boss under 10%.

I wear my Scalecaller skin with pride because i was in there on HM for 4 hours getting it done. Do you know how annoying it is to be sat on 1 boss for 4 gods damned hours with the sound of the wind in the background.

I can understand that and I admire your dedication, your skill and your patience. But these days it's already a question planted in advance in my head wherever I see a person with a skin on. Do I see someone who earned it with their flesh and blood or got a big help for a suitable reward? In my vision this change will increase amount of players who will finally get their courage to try something new, because the reward became less unreachable from them. And also decrease the amount of people who's desperate enough to seek for 3 bodyguards and instead experience at least a little bit more content the way it was intended to be experienced. No offend to bodyguards tho.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buying skins was health for endgame, there's very little reason to rerun content, selling skins was basically the only reason after a first clear
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that by selling a skin you devalue the weight of achievement needed, I hope.
    A lot of people come back for motifs when they're added and sell them for a good money too, if we're talking about someone loosing their profit here. And this profit works as intended, unlike the other one.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they could just add a "Masochist" title for those level of achievements...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buying skins was health for endgame, there's very little reason to rerun content, selling skins was basically the only reason after a first clear

WTF? Selling and buying skins is abhorrent. It's also not that common on PC; I understand that cancer is pretty widespread on console, though.

If this change puts a dent in that practice, then I say good riddance.

I'm okay with this change. I have every dungeon and trial skin, so, yes, I have a personal vested interest in keeping those skins exclusive.

But... they are just cosmetic fluff. I don't wear the Scalecaller skin because I want to brag about Scalecaller; I wear it because it's the least offensive and most "natural" way of hiding vampirism. I wear the vMoL skin instead of the vCR skin--even though the latter is much more prestigious--because the vMoL skin is the best-looking dark-colored skin in the game. So, yea, it would be nice if these skins were super-exclusive and I can look good and brag at the same time. But that's just being petty. Doesn't feel right at all to deny someone an awesome way to hide vampirism just so that I can strut around.

Besides, we still have titles. Though I'm still annoyed that achievements like Mountain God don't have a title...
    Edited by code65536 on January 23, 2019 4:28AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually glad that ZOS decided to change the challenger achievement to conqueror achievement instead, to obtain the collectibles from veteran version of the dungeons. More people have chance to obtain for example the skin from the new dungeons, because you only need veteran completion instead of doing bunch of challenges(speed, hm, no death).
    Been playing since betas 2014