The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group loot

DLM
DLM
✭✭✭✭✭
I had this happen a few times recently where in a dungeon people were able to tell exactly what I got from a boss. Is this an in-game option that I missed or an add-on? Because if this is the latter it is not like I have something to hide in my drops so I don't care about it, but it gets me worried about what else other players can see and what kind of information they can access.
Edited by DLM on December 31, 2018 11:28AM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just from grouping with players they can access some parts of your ESO profile, namely-
    • hours played
    • what DLC you have / subscription status
    • how many crowns you've spent
    • your birth date
    • full name
    • billing address
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can keep your sarcasm to yourself. Safety and privacy are a valid concern. And knowing what kind of other information people can access is a valid question.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an add-on. I don't know it's name, but it can be pretty annoying if you are in a group with certain types of people.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    They can only see what you pick up item wise. Nothing else. No private information, not what your using, not what your dps is personally. Only your account @name your toons name and items collected and their traits
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several add-ons that display group loot. There is currently no way to opt out of having your loot data shared with your party, and so anyone running these add-ons will always have visibility into what others get.

It can get annoying if you're with someone who is aggressive about wanting a specific drop that you got. But the vast majority of players are gracious about being told No, and it's not like seeing what you got enables them to take it from your inventory. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Current group loot is fine as hell!
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.