The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    GreatWhite wrote: »
    @BaylorCorvette I try watching gameplay with more than 3-4 people in group, but it’s just not enjoyable to me. I can appreciate it tho. Watching a 12-24 man dracarys group move like a 4 man across the battlefield while fighting 2 full raids is near but boring. Golfing is fun to play, boring to watch, ya know?

Yeah I know what you mean. Which is why I have a hard cap of 8 for our Friday night group. In my two years of playing this game I've done it all. Large full raid group. Solo, duo & trios and mid size. I ran a ton of trios from about March to October of this year and just got bored of the same stuff. Now I help lead a large group of mostly new or newish players on Mondays and then Tuesday Thursday and Friday reserved for my guild where we run 3-8 people. The variety of doing this the past two months has made things a lot more enjoyable.

There's nothing more enjoyable than taking a group of 5-8 and hard wiping 25-35 people though.

Any chance you could take on an extra for the upcoming AP event? I have a stam sorc on AD that I'm quite fond of but I also just finished levelling up a warden which I intend on using as a healer/support build.

Shooting you a PM.

I just got tired of attacking EP PvDoor mostly and chasing people around resources tonight. There was some drive to do that because people didnt want to fight a stacked Emp and scroll faction, but there was some drawbacks when chasing AD special forces into towers. I think our group leader knew that and was just as frustrated as I was at times with people wanting to chase.

Def had some nice big fights last night. I see Vanquish isn't chasing us as much but we still get great fights at keeps.

When some of the questions of the night are "How do I get into Cyrodiil" or "How do I get the kill player quests" its probably not a good idea to lead them towards groups where you know there is going to be coordinated ulti dumps. I was getting frustrated by where we did go and fight and chase people down but I think I myself need to be more patient there as its a good night to get players exposed to PvP and the group leader did his best to lead them where the could have a positive experience; even if they sometimes would get into those situations.

Oh yeah I totally get that. I deal with that too from time-to-time on the Monday groups with the other PvP guild I'm in. People have to start somewhere and it is good that there are guilds willing to show newer players what Cyrodiil is and over time they will understand the mechanics of the open world environment.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were some good 2 bar pop fights tonight on all factions. DC zone chat is still primary silent and people avoid buying siege like the plague, but there were some decent skirmishes. What is it with the new noob meta of 50k health bowblade tanks? I was practicing my 1vX up in glade after AD took it and this one AD was a SB/bow stam(?)blade build with 50k health using vamp skills who of course tbagged after lol. Do they realize that if they made legitimate builds and learned to play a bit that I’d be gone quite quickly instead of running them around picking them off one by one for 15 minutes? Where exactly are all these people getting their build info/ideas from? When I started I don’t think it ever occurred to me/no one ever once suggested to make some sort of high health build and hope the other person is terrible.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet it's people just doing Cyrodiil getting AP for gear or skills that really do not want to PVP. If there's a bunch of them, their plan might be to just survive. Although I know when we bring new players, they run some weird builds and dont realize just health or armor is not what makes them squishy or not.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet it's people just doing Cyrodiil getting AP for gear or skills that really do not want to PVP. If there's a bunch of them, their plan might be to just survive.

This. I've seen it somewhat often. These super high health builds that don't really do much else.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet it's people just doing Cyrodiil getting AP for gear or skills that really do not want to PVP. If there's a bunch of them, their plan might be to just survive.

This. I've seen it somewhat often. These super high health builds that don't really do much else.

They certainly are a salty bunch.
  • ChrisGoesAFK
    ChrisGoesAFK
    ✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet it's people just doing Cyrodiil getting AP for gear or skills that really do not want to PVP. If there's a bunch of them, their plan might be to just survive. Although I know when we bring new players, they run some weird builds and dont realize just health or armor is not what makes them squishy or not.

If I can jump in here and offer a somewhat new-ish players prospective.

For myself, I look at the death recap and the first few lines of damage are in the 4k-5kish range. Then I see the following:

Amagin-p: Northern Storm 14,945 DMG. (Ok 14K hurts)
    Rebel Captain Han Solo: Eye of Flame 26,873 DMG (What the hell is Eye of Flame and where can I get one?)

But seriously when looking at the above I started asking the following questions:
    1. Am I not slotting the right defensive abilities or self heals? What can I do better?
    2. Should I have more Health or Health enchants? Maybe going all in on Stam or Magic is good for PVE but not so much in PVP? How much should I move towards Health?
    3. Maybe so much Light or Medium armor is not a good idea?

Up until recently I only dabbled in PVP here and there staying long enough to get Rapids and Vigor. After that I would visit on occasion to mix things up and take a break from PVE.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For myself, I look at the death recap and the first few lines of damage are in the 4k-5kish range. Then I see the following:

Rebel Captain Han Solo: Eye of Flame 26,873 DMG (What the hell is Eye of Flame and where can I get one?)

But seriously when looking at the above I started asking the following questions:
    1. Am I not slotting the right defensive abilities or self heals? What can I do better?
    2. Should I have more Health or Health enchants? Maybe going all in on Stam or Magic is good for PVE but not so much in PVP? How much should I move towards Health?

Up until recently I only dabbled in PVP here and there staying long enough to get Rapids and Vigor. After that I would visit on occasion to mix things up and take a break from PVE.

Tagging @BaylorCorvette as I think at least Han Solo is one of his guys. Thought he was their tank, or at least a DK but could be wrong but that is a big hit from eye of the flame. Thats the destro staff Ultimate and you must have been standing in it. Similar to PvE, standing in red can be really bad. Of course that DK is not likely to let you out of it easily. Even on a mag character, you will want some stam to get out of CCs, roots, and for snares our need a better plan.

1. Check your crit resist. Used to be people wanted 2k minimum but CP has added plenty of power creep. I'd prefer closer to 3k but you may not have the CP this early on but at least make sure you are in full impenetrable gear.

2. If you are not a tank, Id still go all mag or stam but I like to have at least 25k health. Thats kind of an old average as well and people are creeping up higher.

3. I prefer them at times. I think they have better passives but heavier is easier to play and the little bit of extra armor works in lag when a roll dodge or trying to use a magic shield may not.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tagging @BaylorCorvette as I think at least Han Solo is one of his guys. Thought he was their tank, or at least a DK but could be wrong but that is a big hit from eye of the flame. Thats the destro staff Ultimate and you must have been standing in it. Similar to PvE, standing in red can be really bad. Of course that DK is not likely to let you out of it easily. Even on a mag character, you will want some stam to get out of CCs, roots, and for snares our need a better plan.

1. Check your crit resist. Used to be people wanted 2k minimum but CP has added plenty of power creep. I'd prefer closer to 3k but you may not have the CP this early on but at least make sure you are in full impenetrable gear.

2. If you are not a tank, Id still go all mag or stam but I like to have at least 25k health. Thats kind of an old average as well and people are creeping up higher.

3. I prefer them at times. I think they have better passives but heavier is easier to play and the little bit of extra armor works in lag when a roll dodge or trying to use a magic shield may not.

Rebel Captain Han Solo is a light armor hard hitting MagDK that runs with us, so you will def take a lot of damage from him.

Like @technohic I shoot for 3k crit resistance minimum (without someone running transmutation set), and I like to have at least 25k health if possible and I run Medium armor. Those are just personal preferences but honestly you should have 3k crit resistance IMO, or close to it.

I suggest running 5 pieces of Heavy Armor with 3k crit resistance (all impen gear with some crit resistance in CP). Also if you don't know Chest gives the most resistances and waist gives the least, it's not super huge but it's nice to min/max.

Also, make sure your defensive buffs are up at all times and it's good to have a CC.

If you don't mind me asking, what class do you play and is it mag or stam? Also what's your CP level?
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on January 10, 2019 7:40PM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is also the one thing where PvE and PvP are similar. If you stay sitting in the AOE the damage goes up. Those aren’t one hits, it’s a dot. So just like any boss in any dungeon you don’t want to sit inside their attacks. But building all to health won’t save you, because you’ll hve no mobility and no damage you’re just going to stay alive slightly longer for the time being. PvP has a lot more moving parts than PvE. If you’ve ever completed vMA think of it like that all the time. You need to be responsible for damage, heals, CC and you need to keep moving. You’ll also need to learn which attacks do what. Permafrost/Northern Storm is an ability no group plays without because it’s so strong. As soon as you see it you need to hit your snare immunity and get out. And you need to get vigor up to counteract the damage. You will slowly learn that all groups do one thing. Turtle up and then ult dump and they’ll use permafrost or time stop or both to try and stop people from moving out of the ults. What most groups can’t do though, is split up. So if you’re mobilty is good and you learn to read the flow of combat most groups should have a harder time killing you given some terrain to work with. If you say what class you’re playing we can give you some pointers.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Shor for a few while I waited to get into Vivec. Cant talk anyone to go to shor because it gets to be one color in the day too much. Was Shor really laggy when it capped tonigh?

Vivec was really bad for a few. I literally saw a guild mate just suddenly start floating off a keep tower like Mary Poppins and land softly halfway to the next keep when fighting AD at Brindle. But then I had some big battles against EP at Chal and Dragon Claw and it wasnt bad. Its just weird.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Shor for a few while I waited to get into Vivec. Cant talk anyone to go to shor because it gets to be one color in the day too much. Was Shor really laggy when it capped tonigh?

Vivec was really bad for a few. I literally saw a guild mate just suddenly start floating off a keep tower like Mary Poppins and land softly halfway to the next keep when fighting AD at Brindle. But then I had some big battles against EP at Chal and Dragon Claw and it wasnt bad. Its just weird.

I sincerely doubt I’ll be able to do much of anything for the duration of this event. I kind of hate that they dragged this Indrik thing into PvP, there was no way the event was ever going to be playable for most people and ZOS knew this. They’ve willingly got their heads buried in the sand. Makes you really want to have a sit down with someone at ZOS, look them straight in the eye and ask them wtf they’re doing. I just want to get a reading on how they feel about it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I sincerely doubt I’ll be able to do much of anything for the duration of this event. I kind of hate that they dragged this Indrik thing into PvP, there was no way the event was ever going to be playable for most people and ZOS knew this. They’ve willingly got their heads buried in the sand. Makes you really want to have a sit down with someone at ZOS, look them straight in the eye and ask them wtf they’re doing. I just want to get a reading on how they feel about it.

Full is full so it's just the same as always in Vivec outside of the off peak times where it used to be lower. Shor was fine around 7 or so but did fill up. There's also 2 nearly empty extra campaigns.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Full is full so it's just the same as always in Vivec outside of the off peak times where it used to be lower. Shor was fine around 7 or so but did fill up. There's also 2 nearly empty extra campaigns.

Yeah, but we get a special kind of lag over here on the other side of the world. Events make life hell. I’ll find out a little later on. Off hours might not be that bad still. But events now lead to skipped maintainences it seems and by the end of the last one I just wanted to throw my computer out the window. I’m jsut not that hyped about the mount either. PvP events should yield the chance to get some weapon or armor style or something.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was significant ability lag/delay in Shor during prime time. We went to Malacath until about 10ish pm cst then in Shor for an hour or so and everything was good.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on January 11, 2019 5:10AM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was significant ability lag/delay in Shor during prime time. We went to Malacath until about 10ish pm cst then in Shor for an hour or so and everything was good.

I was watching a few streamers, seems pretty messy in any of the main campaigns. I’m not sure what ZOS is trying to do with this. They know the PvP performance sucks, and I get that they ignore it except for once a year. But adding in another event that draws major attention to how bad it is? They’re either up to something or they really, truely do not care.
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    some good fights today.
    it amused me so much when I saw a bomber gank like 10+ people in my group on the flag lolol. can't even be mad at that
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was surprisingly really great. I was barely lagging at all. Made a ton of AP, had some really fun 1/2vX fights. Some good bigger fights, a few last minute outpost saves. Lotta baggers out though.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 11, 2019 8:42AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re either up to something or they really, truely do not care.

I agree. I believe it was the first Midyear Mayhem event where they were testing server performance and doing a stress test. This strangely timed "Midyear Mayhem" might very well be a test for something, especially with references to the "3 banners war ending" perhaps there is some PvP tie in with one of the DLCs this year. Or perhaps they just needed a filler event for the Indrik Mount berries...
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ChrisGoesAFK if you want a seemless build with survivability and huge damage look no farther. And I have proof of it working in links in the description. This is not a sell for views. Seriously.
    https://youtu.be/OiXyA0evWZg
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was lagging in Shor, although not at Vivec levels. Boethiah stayed at 3 bars to locked in prime time, and no lag to speak of.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be so great if Shor had this kind of constant 2 bar pop all the time. I imagine prime time is a bit of a *** show, but I havent had this much fun in PvP in a long time. Just a great mix of new and seasoned players, people hitting keeps, outposts, resources, towns, 1v1s while riding two and from spots. I've also been pleasantly surprised at the lack of bow gankers, maybe the increased populations have made it harder for them to hide in the open on well traveled paths or something. I was only ganked once yesterday, and normally its multiple times per session.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a good size queue to get into Shor tonight. Kind of puts me in a bind when Vivec is my home and Shor my guest. Winds up a negative for those of us who PvP regularly to suddenly have long queues and unable to go to the lesser pop campaigns.

On another note; I got some magdk action in. Trying to give it a chance but the healing options on most mag classes suck, and having evasion is great yet there are not a lot of magicka options. Saw the lack of stam morphs for DK and I am tempted to try Drizts build. I actually like the spells for magicka sorc, NB, and DK but not a fan of all their healing options.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a good size queue to get into Shor tonight. Kind of puts me in a bind when Vivec is my home and Shor my guest. Winds up a negative for those of us who PvP regularly to suddenly have long queues and unable to go to the lesser pop campaigns.

On another note; I got some magdk action in. Trying to give it a chance but the healing options on most mag classes suck, and having evasion is great yet there are not a lot of magicka options. Saw the lack of stam morphs for DK and I am tempted to try Drizts build. I actually like the spells for magicka sorc, NB, and DK but not a fan of all their healing options.

I had this problem tonight. They really need to remove cooldown for changing guest campaign during pvp events.

271 queue for vivec, where all my guildies play. 150 queue for Shor which is my guest, although I don’t think I know people that play there. I should’ve expected shor to be the second popular choice but that’s still ridiculous.

rip decibel
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    They really need to remove cooldown for changing guest campaign during pvp events.

They removed the cooldown for changing guest campaigns months ago.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to remove cooldown for changing guest campaign during pvp events.

Lol I had no idea.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol I had no idea.

Yea, they still have a text warning before changing it that made me think it has a cooldown still lol....

But thanks for the clarification, recently came back from hiatus so I’m not up to speed on all the changes

rip decibel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk about everyone else but I’ve been having tons of fun with the event. Shor has been great off hours with 2-3 bars of pop. Some old faces showing up, lots of new ones, very little lag, really hoping some of these people stick around after seeing that Shor can be great throughout the day. I’m amazed at the number of threads complaint about Vivec lag and queue numbers, people are insanely resistant to switching campaigns for some reason that must simply be psychological or based on false assumptions. Hope y’all are making tons of AP and getting some good YT clips. I’m excited to round out my ravager with gold rings next weekend. Although really hoping ZOS doesn’t give into the heavy armor nerf crowd again and ruin that set next patch.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 14, 2019 3:06AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor has been fantastic, I've had a little bit of ability delay and lag during prime time but other than that it has been fantastic. We even Emp'd a guild member in Shor, which is pretty nice to have during mid year mayhem. It was definitely a hard Emp, facing Legions of Mordor and Guardians of Daggerfall from the DC side and then Army of the Pact and Dreadlords from the EP side. I made right at 1.4 million AP Friday lol.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of tbaggers in this campaign. If any of you live in Washington State, PM me. I'll give you the opportunity to do it irl. Bring your mom.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Lots of tbaggers in this campaign. If any of you live in Washington State, PM me. I'll give you the opportunity to do it irl. Bring your mom.

Lol. Are you a sniper or something? I dont see it that often anywhere but just laugh because it's just pixels. Only time I have was after a group just 8 v 1ed me at a keep but then soon after, about 20 DC showed up. I had quite a bit to drink so was going from corpse to corose giving a quick dunk. Got some salt tells which only amuses me more. All this "fight me IRL" is just going to encourage it.

Oh; and one time in the middle of a fight, some enemy decided to t bag an ally while the fight was still going on. He got 100-0 immediately and t bagged. That was hilarious also.