Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unexpected crashing while in game

• protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    How many months has this issue been active? For every single Mac client. Every one.

This is the first communication on the topic. And all you do is blame the user base for finally submitting enough tickets? Come on man.

What is going on? What are you doing about it?
  • stormgooser
    stormgooser
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope they do fix this soon... I just crashed near the end of a boss fight.
  • stormgooser
    stormgooser
    Soul Shriven
    Annnnnd crashed again. Just thought I'd post again to take note of the timestamps.
  • Mainman99
    Mainman99
    ✭✭✭
    3 crashes since 15 GMT all in Cyrodiil.
    2 of them kicked me out of Cyrodiil into 40-60 players queues...

• Mainman99
    Mainman99
    ✭✭✭
    4th crash... 9:31
    5th crash 10.47
    Edited by Mainman99 on January 10, 2019 9:48PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly one month on from the Dec 10 “update”.

Constant crashing with no sign of a fix. Currently unable to participate in any of the mayhem events due to this.

My game time has decreased by about 90%

But on the bright side, I have filed so many reports that I have been promoted on the forum.

Let’s hope there is some kind of a fix before the “awesome announcement” next week or the Twitch comment stream might be a bit heated
  • Kaytlin
    Kaytlin
    ✭✭✭
    well another event has started and the problem is just as bad as it ever was, think we are being given "alternate facts".......
  • ArranHS
    ArranHS
    Can't even do 5 BGs for my tickets without crashing during one, it had to be one I was winning as well...
  • Scootsies
    Scootsies
    Soul Shriven
    Joining the list of peeps whose client's randomly crash. It's frustrating. :(
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And another f-ing crash

So much for #ESOfam - more like #ESOfail

Not even a whole hour of gameplay this time...

I hope Rich's tattoo says "we don't f-ing CARE"
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have redownloaded and reinstalled ESO (and all my add-ons) twice now. I am still crashing every few minutes. My Win 10 machine apparently thinks it’s a Mac. I.e., this is not just a Mac problem. It’s pretty disheartening. I don’t dare do anything with a group now for fear of ruining the group tactics by my frequent sudden absences.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ticket #190111-002253 - with Zero belief that anything will happen other than it will be listed as "resolved" in 4 days

@DarcyMardin - at least your PC thinks it's a Mac, that's got to be a good thing. Not being able to run with your friends is a real pain.
  • lucasfb1
    lucasfb1
    Soul Shriven
    Adding my name here too, super frustrating and always occurs at the worst times :neutral:

Also that December patch never fixed my full screen mode and my game still crashes when I quit
  • Dyvm
    Dyvm
    Here is hoping the patch maintenance on the 15th actually improves things.
  • Dyvm
    Dyvm
    On a side note, while it is a pain, I have actually been using the crashes to time my gameplay. Like just now I crashed out but knew I had to go pick up my daughter soon so now I don't have to even think about quitting when I need to. The game just does it for me. *IF* it gets fixed I'll have to go back to monitoring my own time <GRIN>.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this is a new on crashes, I wasn't even playing but was actually browsing the internet and looking up the psijic locations while the eso was left running in the background and lo and behold, it crashed... :o
  • Deritha_DA
    Deritha_DA
    Soul Shriven
    It' become supremely irritating during the midyear mayhem... 15min BG penalty for deserter: since the game crashes every 45min-1h, not much BG time left!
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly re PvP in Vivec where iI have spent most of my time since last patc ( need to try some endgame PvE and report back on that next:

I'm finding that I am crashing less often (~ every 2hrs, vs prior, 1-2 times every 1 hr) so marginally improved. I have kept my same usual settings, always all MEDIUM since my mac tends to overheat).

FPS is early stabilized at `60.

The pixelating continues in small corner of my screen and the game stutters a lot! noticeable when I am using rapids, alone, in open spaces & in big pvp battles using a lot of rest staff heals, etc

Just updating my experience but.....WE STILL DESPERATELY NEED A COMPREHENSIVE FIX!

eirio8zwen7y.jpg

Kaytlin wrote: »
    well another event has started and the problem is just as bad as it ever was, think we are being given "alternate facts".......
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just when I thought it would be safe to join a group to do my Mayhem. Instant crash. So that's no fun with my guildies for a whole month now.

Ticket #190112-001299

I did manage a whole 1 kill and no death in Cyrodiil, so my Kill/Death score is ∞

Let's hope the update on 15th deals with this. It would be nice to get a proper update on plans for resolving this.

My specs are the same as they ever was
  • Dyvm
    Dyvm
    FierceSam wrote: »
    the same as they ever was
    The same as it ever was. The same as it ever was...

-Talking Heads

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is happening again....

Ticket #190112-002768

Colour me unimpressed. Mind you I couldn't have done any PvP as all the populations are locked atm, so at least PvP is on a par with all the other in-game stuff I can't do atm
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And strangely, none of these 'tickets' actually count as 'tickets', they just get sent to ZOS as 'feedback', so that's another pointless waste of time.
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    OMG PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!! This event is being completely ruined by this, it's SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again. This time simply doing a Geyser is enough to F*** my entire game. Now I can't do any kind of gameplay. 34 DAYS of this and counting.

Ticket #190113-001846

Still waiting on any kind of response from ZOS other than "Don't bother telling us about this, we already know. Please go away and btw Dragons"
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wait. Again. This time in the battleground area in Summerset about to talk to the Battleground taskmaster. So zero AP and a big FU for me from ZOS.

This would be a great game if it was actually playable.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ticket #190113-002792
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wait. Yes again. This time I was simply riding around.

Ticket #190113-003334

If I produced an update this consistently awful, I would be ashamed.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, just when you thought it was safe.... It crashes when going to the bank. There is literally nothing you can do in this game that doesn't crash it. Who is the person who wakes up in the morning and goes, "I'm happy to authorise the release of this garbage because I just don't give a toss anymore"?

Ticket #190113-003941
  • Kaytlin
    Kaytlin
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I would not expect the problem to be fixed after tonights "maintenance". Typically all they do on a maintenance cycle is to fiddle with the servers. NO PATCHES! If they were going to do that you would think they would mention it. The technical support team hides behind their firewalls, give lips service much like our POTUS. Its ok you don't need to play the game you pay a subscription to, you can ask your windows friends how the latest event is. We don't want you to be able to experience it or any of the other features. We are only looking out for your welfare, and btw lining our pockets as we laugh all the way to the bank!

Show me I am wrong Zenimax!
  • stormgooser
    stormgooser
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_AlexTardif - It's been a week since we all last got an update from you guys on what's going on. Tonight is maintenance. Can you please provide us with any more info or if we can look forward to receiving a patch tonight??
This discussion has been closed.