The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Snipe changes PLEASE

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    No
    L2P please

Are you a Snipe spammer? If so, that request is hella ironic. ;)

I use lethal arrow, but I don't "spam" it. A one second cast time is hardly spam. I use it mosly around keeps to counter range attacts on the seige line. And unless the person is low health already or in all light divines with less than 16k health, they aren't gona die. If you're full health and dying to snipe it's L2P.

They do need to fix the desync though, which is the real issue.
    proteinexe wrote:
    No nerf of damage, but an increase cost like you said - just like streak

You mean the streak that a mag sorc can spam 5-6 times at least? Don't tell me they can't because I've played mag sorc and have done it many times.

Bow is the only damn ranged stamina option, of which 2 skills are even useful in pvp.

Let's nerf reach, crushing shock, mages wrath, radient destruction, javlin and every single ranged magicka ability in the same way you propose for bow

How does one “L2P” when affected by a health desync bug? Most people who go from 100% health to 0 in one second while being hit by Snipe spam are affected by said bug.

I’m really tired of posting video footage of the bug in question, so feel free to look it up on YT before spouting further nonsense.

Read my post again, I already said they need to fix the desync bug.

I think we can all agree on that point
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you stop asking for a nerf to one of my favourite PvE skills, please?

Thank you.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The moment the player start casting snipe, he/she should lose invisibility.

You do and you stand up.

This^
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove stealth nightblades from game completely. Problem solved
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

Hush or more sorc nerfs! :p
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gamerguy757
    Why not just make it hit instantly but the cast time is restricted for 3 seconds.

So if I use it, the ability will immediately deal damage but will be locked out for 3 seconds.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Snipe already has a cast and travel time. You can get off more damage in the time it takes for snipe to cast and travel twice to the target by spamming Force Pulse and light attacks.

And I have lag time. Good times?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decrease the base dmg, make it so that every snipe is a crit.

This will increase the dmg from non nightblades who use it strategically, and reduce the dmg from the NBs in gank builds like mine that stack pure dmg and use cloak to force a crit.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the aimed person glow in red like mob's Taking Aim
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look I'm not saying to nerf the move, but the spamming on it is a little out of hand. I mean, you cry that we spam SHIELDS and they are OP, so here we go again with a move that is OP spammable and you defend it? OK here's my proposal.

Snipe
    Plant a masterfully aimed arrow into an enemy's vital spot, dealing X Physical Damage. (Nerf initial damage by 15%) Activating this ability within 1.5 seconds increases the cost by 20%.

Focused Aim
    Increase damage by up to 15% based on distance to target.

Lethal Arrow
    No change

LET THE HATE BEGIN

Then the spam will be Snipe, little attack then Poison Injection and then Snipe again. Which would actually do more damage then spamming Snipe.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again with the same complaint which has been explained 1000 times. If your resists/health are low or you're already in a fight, then snipe can kill you quickly, just as any other damage skill can. If you're paying attention and getting killed only by snipe, then its your build. Lag can cause any skill to hit you multiple times before your screen shows it and you die.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, snipe is the most annoying thing in BGs.

Nightblades staying on high ground and spamming snipe, hitting for 7k on 26k resist without risking anything.

Due to the range and the ability to instantly vanish into stealth and Change your position its mostly impossible to catch them if they know what they are doing.

Compare it to dizzy swing. Dizzy is melee and only comes with a knockback. Snipe apllies either major defile or major fracture and can be spammed from either stealth or a save place.

Thats not remotely balanced, it should be: higher risk, higher reward. And the risk by using snipe is nearly 0 und the reward is way to high for this.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Thats not remotely balanced, it should be: higher risk, higher reward. And the risk by using snipe is nearly 0 und the reward is way to high for this.

The risk using snipe is only 0 if

A, you made a build that has no ranged capability, which is on you, and
    B, you are the only enemy capable of attacking the sniper (which is rarely true)

So yes. It is possible to artificially construct a scenario in which the risk of using snipe is 0. But in most practical situations, the safety of range is an illusion.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look I'm not saying to nerf the move, but the spamming on it is a little out of hand. I mean, you cry that we spam SHIELDS and they are OP, so here we go again with a move that is OP spammable and you defend it? OK here's my proposal.

Snipe
    Plant a masterfully aimed arrow into an enemy's vital spot, dealing X Physical Damage. (Nerf initial damage by 15%) Activating this ability within 1.5 seconds increases the cost by 20%.

Focused Aim
    Increase damage by up to 15% based on distance to target.

Lethal Arrow
    No change

LET THE HATE BEGIN

Love it.

Also, fix the fact its broken.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking to wear Swarm Mother to just pull those mofos out of their hidey places.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to take our magDKs out of dusty wardrobes. Snipe spammers will dissappear very quickly, trust me :-D
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 11, 2019 8:22AM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

B, you are the only enemy capable of attacking the sniper (which is rarely true)

So yes. It is possible to artificially construct a scenario in which the risk of using snipe is 0. But in most practical situations, the safety of range is an illusion.

Most melee builds have no range capability. Stamdk, StamWarden have literally nothing to close the gap to a cloaked sniper. Stamplar may have spear to cc the sniper and try to run to him but mostly the sniper is long gone before he reaches him.

Snipe is just to strong in combination with cloak/stealth.

Like it has alreay been mentioned, channeling snipe should remove you from stealth/cloak. Now it only reveals you when the snipe hits your target and you can instantly cast cloak again before your target breaks the CC.

This would reduce the effectiveness from this combination but "good" snipers can still use the skill effective by choosing a good position to shot from and force a crit by using cloak 1 sec before the impact.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove all weapon abilities and introduce "Cotton Balls". ;) Battle at the moment is far too realistic; killed with 3 shots, where in the world can this happen? :D
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most melee builds have no range capability. Stamdk, StamWarden have literally nothing to close the gap to a cloaked sniper. Stamplar may have spear to cc the sniper and try to run to him but mostly the sniper is long gone before he reaches him.

Of course melee builds have no range capability, thats why they are melee builds. That does not mean snipe is too strong however, that just means you made yourself weak to it.

In other words, don't make a melee build and then complain people attack you from range.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course melee builds have no range capability, thats why they are melee builds. That does not mean snipe is too strong however, that just means you made yourself weak to it.

In other words, don't make a melee build and then complain people attack you from range.

I didnt complain they attack me from range. I did complain about snipe overperforming in combination with cloak.

Ignoring the fact that this still causes health desync it is possible to shoot 2 snipes from stealth without the target known for the huge incoming damage and just cloak away before your target breaks the CC. There is no counterplay for it cause you never know when it will come. And no class can sustain 24/7 Wings or shimmering just to counter a sniper who may or may not hides completly save in stealth charging snipe on you.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like it has alreay been mentioned, channeling snipe should remove you from stealth/cloak. Now it only reveals you when the snipe hits your target and you can instantly cast cloak again before your target breaks the CC.

This would reduce the effectiveness from this combination but "good" snipers can still use the skill effective by choosing a good position to shot from and force a crit by using cloak 1 sec before the impact.

Stam DK has critical rush, all bow abilities, Fiery Grip, Inferno, Stone Fist, Ash Cloud and Dragon Leap at their disposal.
    Stamden has all bow abilities, Critical Rush, Dive, Scorch, and Swarm.
    So tell me again how they can't engage at range?
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

As they are to it, remove sorcerers also, at least all the pets and the spammable lightning ability.

Is absurd to complain about Snipe, when it takes 6-7 people to kill magicka sorcerers these days. Even at low level campaign, a level 40 mag Sorcerer needs whole group to 10 to kill him and still takes many minutes.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on January 11, 2019 10:23AM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Stam DK has critical rush, all bow abilities, Fiery Grip, Inferno, Stone Fist, Ash Cloud and Dragon Leap at their disposal.
    Stamden has all bow abilities, Critical Rush, Dive, Scorch, and Swarm.
    So tell me again how they can't engage at range?

We were talking about melee builds and bow doesnt count for as a melee weapon.

Fiery grip, stone fist, ash cloud are all Magicka based and cant be utilized by a stam build really effective. Stamdk already needs his magicka for vol armor and ignious.

Dive wouldnt fit a melee build for stamden either, there are was better alternatives for stamden melee build. Scorch has a 3 seconds delay wich makes it really hard to hit someone ranged and even harder if they are stealthed. Swarm is also magicka based and will do no damage at all on stambuilds.

Give me viable counters not some random skills that have range.

For crit rush you need to target the sniper and cloak is quite a good counter for this. Casting cloak right after the snipe hit revealed you from stealth will maybe give your target an 0.5 seconds window to cast crit rush on you if he doesnt got stunned and also he needs to know where you are.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to be honest, snipe is far less annoying than perma roots, healbots and ulti dumping spin to win like the rest of PvP usually is
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didnt complain they attack me from range. I did complain about snipe overperforming in combination with cloak.

Ignoring the fact that this still causes health desync it is possible to shoot 2 snipes from stealth without the target known for the huge incoming damage and just cloak away before your target breaks the CC. There is no counterplay for it cause you never know when it will come. And no class can sustain 24/7 Wings or shimmering just to counter a sniper who may or may not hides completly save in stealth charging snipe on you.

I just don't see what the problem is. You can make a melee build capable of wiping zergs in seconds with DB+shalks+execute. Yet when you can not kill a single sniper who shoots you twice and then runs away it makes him overperforming? I mean, really...
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't see what the problem is. You can make a melee build capable of wiping zergs in seconds with DB+shalks+execute. Yet when you can not kill a single sniper who shoots you twice and then runs away it makes him overperforming? I mean, really...

Just cause DB + Shalks + Execute can wipe some pugs and is indeed strong doesnt make snipe less overperforming.

Nice logic here. DB and shalks are also overperforming so snipe is fine.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just cause DB + Shalks + Execute can wipe some pugs and is indeed strong doesnt make snipe less overperforming.

Actually yes, yes it does. You are complaining about a peashooter while dropping A-bombs left and right.

IF I CAN NOT KILL IT IT IS OVERPERFORMING is the message you are sending here. All the while you are orbiting a rock at mach 5 kiting multiple enemies to their deaths with ulti dumps. Absolutely no sympathy here.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Snipe already has a cast and travel time. You can get off more damage in the time it takes for snipe to cast and travel twice to the target by spamming Force Pulse and light attacks.

And exactly because of this it's broken af. Stacking hell a lot of snipes is a thing since this ability was implemented and still you can get 3 snipes hit you in 1 second
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually yes, yes it does. You are complaining about a peashooter while dropping A-bombs left and right.

IF I CAN NOT KILL IT IT IS OVERPERFORMING is the message you are sending here. All the while you are orbiting a rock at mach 5 kiting multiple enemies to their deaths with ulti dumps. Absolutely no sympathy here.

Oh, you know me ingame or how can you tell i do this?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, you know me ingame or how can you tell i do this?

It was a manner of speaking. In plain speak: In a game where one can orbit a rock at mach 5 kiting multiple enemies to their deaths with ulti dumps, another being able to get away after shooting twice is of no consequence.