Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe changes PLEASE

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
Look I'm not saying to nerf the move, but the spamming on it is a little out of hand. I mean, [edited] that we spam SHIELDS and they are OP, so here we go again with a move that is OP spammable and you defend it? OK here's my proposal.

Snipe
Plant a masterfully aimed arrow into an enemy's vital spot, dealing X Physical Damage. (Nerf initial damage by 15%) Activating this ability within 1.5 seconds increases the cost by 20%.

Focused Aim
Increase damage by up to 15% based on distance to target.

Lethal Arrow
No change

[edited to remove baiting comments]
Edited by ZOS_RikardD on January 14, 2019 2:54PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the ability entirely 🙂
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Remove the ability entirely 🙂

^
    Edited by templesus on January 10, 2019 2:53PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe already has a cast and travel time. You can get off more damage in the time it takes for snipe to cast and travel twice to the target by spamming Force Pulse and light attacks.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main stam/magblade...it needs nerfed
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not Snipe, the problem is the synergy with Cloak and all the other tools you can use to absolutely abuse it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf potatoes!
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove major defile then its a deal
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remove heal bot tanks and I agree.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 10, 2019 3:20PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The problem is not Snipe, the problem is the synergy with Cloak and all the other tools you can use to absolutely abuse it.

I can agree with that as well. Snipe stun from cloak should be deleted completely. Especially with the lag. It’s like getting hit with 40 meter incaps
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭

Remove heal bot tanks and I agree.

Sure
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you

• kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look I'm not saying to nerf the move, but the spamming on it is a little out of hand. I mean, [edited] that we spam SHIELDS and they are OP, so here we go again with a move that is OP spammable and you defend it? OK here's my proposal.

Snipe
    Plant a masterfully aimed arrow into an enemy's vital spot, dealing X Physical Damage. (Nerf initial damage by 15%) Activating this ability within 1.5 seconds increases the cost by 20%.

Focused Aim

Lethal Arrow
    No change

[edited]

"Activating this ability within 1.5 seconds increases the cost by 20%."

That alone would be enough if the spamming is so terrible.
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on January 14, 2019 2:54PM
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭
    This is why eventually every class is going to be the same ..
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The moment the player start casting snipe, he/she should lose invisibility.
    Because I can!
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have to aim down sights like its an fps if you bowtards want to keep it the way it is right now
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Snipe

Focused Aim

Lethal Arrow
    No change

[edited]

Even though I do agree snipe is in need of attention, when you start by saying they should do it because shields got nerfed, I can only assumed you're asking this out if hate [edited to remove inappropriate comment] for your beloved sorc. That's the wrong reason to ask for nerfs. The wrong kind of argument. If you want this to happen, present better defense. [edited to remove baiting comment]

In time, it's been 3 months... L2p.

And before you start telling I'm a snipe spammer, I have 13 toons and just one of them is running a bow, and only for passives and endless hail.
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on January 14, 2019 2:56PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

You do and you stand up.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Been trying to say this for a while.

I can dodge or block a snipe and come at them and they have to fight or die.

I can use detect pots, magelight, or just AOE to combat a cloaking NB so they either kill me or I kill them. Seems good so far.

Someone starts sniping from 40m away and cloak as soon as you see the direction it is coming from, well; you are going to have to cover some ground to get a detect pot on them and good luck trying to use AOE in the right area 40m away. It becomes just playing dance dance revolution evading the next snipe. Theres no or risk. Its just them waiting to get someone off guard or for lag to make 6 snipes land at the same time.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You do and you stand up.

You stand up after the cast is over.
    Actually in order to be balanced ZoS should make only instant cast skills to be executed from stealth. All cast time abilities should break stealth when you start casting them.
    Because I can!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do and you stand up.

Actually in order to be balanced ZoS should make only instant cast skills to be executed from stealth. All cast time abilities should break stealth when you start casting them.

Kind of moot because the cast will complete even if you break at the beginning of the cast.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LONG LIVE THE SNIPER!

Seriously , people need to stop trying to get the ranged play style of the sniper nerfed. You know how zos do things!!
    People come to the forums and ask BEG for nerfs and zos wont just take major defile off lethal arrow nooo they;ll kill the whole play style...
    Look at shields..
    ZOS NEARLY ADDED A CAST TIME TO SHIELDS !! madness.. please just deal with it. the game is full of cheese,
    Master bleeds / bleeds
    Sloads / oblivion damage.
    CC's you cant break from.
    Heavy armour meta.
    Even dodge roll can feel op.
    Then you've got the lag, and how many times my dawn breakers get eaten by the floor. that more annoying than getting sniped surely?

We need to be careful what we ask for in regards to nerf this nerf that. We need to respect the diversity of the game. or we'll be so homogenised we'll just be rolling around as potatoes. (more so than now)
    https://media.giphy.com/media/menw2PSZ2vUzu/giphy.gif

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    L2P please
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    No
    L2P please

Are you a Snipe spammer? If so, that request is hella ironic. ;)
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You do and you stand up.

Kind of moot because the cast will complete even if you break at the beginning of the cast.

Let the cast complete. Just make the player visible.
    Because I can!
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭

Snipe

Focused Aim

Lethal Arrow
    No change

[edited]

No nerf of damage, but an increase cost like you said - just like streak
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on January 14, 2019 2:57PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to stop stunning from stealth. That’s my only real issue. I think major defile is over the top given the range though. The CC from stealth is uncessary as there are plenty of other CC to choose from, they also don’t need the extra 10% wpn damage on top of minor berserk. It’s just silly when you think about how many things stack up in a stealth snipe.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    No
    L2P please

I use lethal arrow, but I don't "spam" it. A one second cast time is hardly spam. I use it mosly around keeps to counter range attacts on the seige line. And unless the person is low health already or in all light divines with less than 16k health, they aren't gona die. If you're full health and dying to snipe it's L2P.

They do need to fix the desync though, which is the real issue.
    proteinexe wrote:

You mean the streak that a mag sorc can spam 5-6 times at least? Don't tell me they can't because I've played mag sorc and have done it many times.

Bow is the only damn ranged stamina option, of which 2 skills are even useful in pvp.

Let's nerf reach, crushing shock, mages wrath, radient destruction, javlin and every single ranged magicka ability in the same way you propose for bow
    Edited by Katahdin on January 10, 2019 4:55PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • shootatme80
    shootatme80
    ✭✭✭
    STOP ASKING FOR NERFS!
    Xbone/NA
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swap rapid fire and snipe. Make snipe a 90-135 ult ultimate.
    Lethal arrow does poison dmg and defile. Focused aim does increased range for bow abilities and minor or major fracture.

Make rapid fire a spammable that shoots 3 arrows over 0.6 seconds. Morphs for this you guys can decide and be fair about it, don't let the current snipe bias your opinions but here is an idea

Toxic barrage would instead of putting a dot on the target it would cause the target to take more poison damage by x% maybe around 5% is fair.

The 2nd morph would allow your hawk eye stacks to increase with each hit of this ability for a maximum of 3-5 extra stacks. Call it say archer' tempo or something.
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 10, 2019 5:02PM
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Everyday!?
    Snipe is fine, in fact it's actually a pretty bad spammable. The problem is with cloak COMBINED with snipe. Stealth is ok, you get 1 Shot to win, then you will undoubtedly eat an axe/fireball to the face. Cloaking potentially resets the fight, and at 40m, that's the problem.
    That and a stupid bug they can't seem to fix for some reason.
    Note it IS the spammable for bow, if you give it an increasing cost like streak, then imagine that on ALL spammables!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    No
    L2P please

I use lethal arrow, but I don't "spam" it. A one second cast time is hardly spam. I use it mosly around keeps to counter range attacts on the seige line. And unless the person is low health already or in all light divines with less than 16k health, they aren't gona die. If you're full health and dying to snipe it's L2P.

They do need to fix the desync though, which is the real issue.
    proteinexe wrote:

You mean the streak that a mag sorc can spam 5-6 times at least? Don't tell me they can't because I've played mag sorc and have done it many times.

Bow is the only damn ranged stamina option, of which 2 skills are even useful in pvp.

Let's nerf reach, crushing shock, mages wrath, radient destruction, javlin and every single ranged magicka ability in the same way you propose for bow

How does one “L2P” when affected by a health desync bug? Most people who go from 100% health to 0 in one second while being hit by Snipe spam are affected by said bug.

I’m really tired of posting video footage of the bug in question, so feel free to look it up on YT before spouting further nonsense.