The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pvp performance problems, and everyone knows it.

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone on here have any ideas of how they could fix it, or at least make it more playable? I would have to say more so lately than ever lag has been seriously bag (mostly load screen pop-ups) during pivotal fights and defenses. I can only imagine how this is going to feel come this Friday when MYM is back... :(:(
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve never experience lag in BGs. That’s a Cyrodiil issue.

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/

That seems like a console issue

It's not. I play on both Xbox and PC. The lag is an issue on both, though markedly less on PC.

To be fair, consoles weren't made to handle the intense graphics which were designed around high end graphics cards upgrades on PCs. Just give us the option to turn off environmental crap and lower the graphics quality, and it'd fix a lot of the issues. I don't need freaking clouds and snowflakes and sunbeams and individual blades of grass on my battlefield. Turn that *** off.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many of my friends would still play this game if the lag was fixed. Some come back and check it out, but realize it still has the same issues that they left over.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Does anyone on here have any ideas of how they could fix it, or at least make it more playable? I would have to say more so lately than ever lag has been seriously bag (mostly load screen pop-ups) during pivotal fights and defenses. I can only imagine how this is going to feel come this Friday when MYM is back... :(:(

The problem is zos won't even acknowledge anything is wrong. There is alot of speculation and educated guesses (that might be accurate)

No transparency hurts because I know some of yall are very tech savvy and might actually have useful suggestions.

Unlike me I'm like a cave man when it comes to coding
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So this thread has been running for four days now and it's still on the front page of General ESO discussion... but you still haven't received any feedback from ZOS.

Wow.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Rezzinu
    Rezzinu
    ✭✭✭
    It's mind boggling how the issue can be absolutely ignored by the manufacturer/developer while their consumer is literally screaming until they're blue in the face that your product is acting up.

Would un-subbing really be eye opening to them? I doubt it. I was just in discord the other night and heard a conversation between two people talking about buying up crates to get a specific mount that they wanted, and will continue to do so if that mount (or one like it) is available again through crates. So ZoS is likely making the bulk of their income through the crowns/crates, not subs.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rezzinu wrote: »
    It's mind boggling how the issue can be absolutely ignored by the manufacturer/developer while their consumer is literally screaming until they're blue in the face that your product is acting up.

Would un-subbing really be eye opening to them? I doubt it. I was just in discord the other night and heard a conversation between two people talking about buying up crates to get a specific mount that they wanted, and will continue to do so if that mount (or one like it) is available again through crates. So ZoS is likely making the bulk of their income through the crowns/crates, not subs.

Twice this week- I've had my own threads removed by ZOS. One was encouraging people to write reviews on MMORPG.COM about the poor performance issues, bugs, lags, long load screens, etc...

ZOS will keep ignoring these threads (because they're "in-house" on the forums). If you want to see improvements- let other potential players start to see the issues that plague ESO. If people don't bother buying the game- ZOS will start listening to it's current player base.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recommend: Play this game as long as you can squeeze some fun out of it.

However, unsub and don't buy crowns. You paid in the past, now cause some serverload for free. B)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm such a big load on the server I'm basically a potato

wait....
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec is such a *** joke its an actual disgrace. Sypher was streaming ESO today and was like

'wtf why do I have 486 ping god they still haven't fixed the lag'

This is a streamer that averages around 10k viewers - guess what, those 10k viewers will never play this *** *** game cause theyve just witnessed how pathetic your servers are.

No wonder majority of the decent streamers have left this pathetic excuse of a game with incompetent devs

Edit: I'm sure Sypher has premium hardware and internet cause he's a professional e-sport player so YES ZOS THE *** PERFORMANCE IS ON YOUR END U INCOMPETENT ***
    Edited by Exodium on January 9, 2019 3:54AM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Following on from the previous post, just saw a second streamer (sage_toad) rage quit ESO after a solid 15 minutes because of the lag right now and now he's playing Red Dead Online.

you're doing a good job of marketing your pathetic servers to the twitch community ZoS
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Following on from the previous post, just saw a second streamer (sage_toad) rage quit ESO after a solid 15 minutes because of the lag right now and now he's playing Red Dead Online.

you're doing a good job of marketing your pathetic servers to the twitch community ZoS

Zos is not good at marketing on Twitch, if they were, they would have more ads running.

People want another MMO like how WoW was big back in the day, but no game has captivated the general consumer in the same way WoW did back in 2004.

Even regular people enjoyed WoW alongside MMO players back in that time, and I seek to replicate that time for people.
  • Hangssolow
    Hangssolow
    ✭✭
    So I just popped my head in to see how the state of PVP is going. Seems like its in the same place it was when I un-subed and quit back in June. /sigh

I have good news and bad news.

I will start with the bad...

The bad news is you need to give this game up. Its broken, the company doesn't care about you, and its not going to get fixed. .. EVER. You have heard plenty say this. This hurts me to say and is hard to admit.

If you've been following whats happening with the AAA gaming companies its not looking good for the future of gaming either.

The last bit of bad new is you need to be patient, because the good news is still in development.

Here's the good news, albeit, you will have to wait. There are some very promising games on the horizon. I will speak on the one that is the most similar to ESO pvp. Camelot Unchained! There isn't a lot on this game at the moment because it is still in a NDA testing phase. However, you can find little bits here and there on the web. City State Games, the developers, have a twitch channel. Check it out. (all one word CityStateGames) Also check out the Camelot Unchained website. Lots of information there. As I said, not much can be said yet because we are under a NDA. (we being the testers and backers. Yes, its a crowd funded game. And no, this doesn't mean it will fail, its actually looking really good and moving along really well. I say this as a regular tester.)

I say all this because like you I feel your pain, but want to give you hope. I decided to invest in CU after being told about it by word of mouth. I don't invest lightly either. But don't take my word for it. Do the research yourself and check it out. I bet much of the ESO pvp community will like what they see.

Again, this is to give hope to you guys because I think there is something really great on the horizon. This isn't hype, but hope. The hype will come...

But seriously, stop giving these greedy companies (like ZoS) your money for a broken product. You only fuel the fire and prove to the executives that their immoral business ethics work. I would love this game to be fixed, but the reality is that it won't.

Hope this can help some of you who happen to read it. Doubt ZoS will ever see this. Shame on them.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very good point being brought up about twitch. The biggest platform gamers have and eso has what like 1000 viewers at most? I mean for *** sake warcraft 3 regularly has more viewers than eso and that game is lie 20 years old.
    Edited by Datthaw on January 9, 2019 11:10AM
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are also not a great experience.
    You have to press 1000 times F before you can start a BGs.
    There is also a little bit of lag that you can only notice when you suddenly got a burst of damage where you don't see any visual effect coming.
    Leavers.
    Premades vs separate people.
    And NB that can break your legs and smash your skull on the floor before you can even react to press one key and if your lucky and survive they can perma cloak and evade 80% of all skills.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah premade bgs is just stupid. It's just tanky proc set toons spamming aoe... like that's it
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sad sad sad time for pvp
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whew. Day 5 and this thread is still on the front page. Not a single comment from ZOS that addresses the state of Cyrodiil. PVP is a huge portion of their player base and they still refuse to offer information about performance issues.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew. Day 5 and this thread is still on the front page. Not a single comment from ZOS that addresses the state of Cyrodiil. PVP is a huge portion of their player base and they still refuse to offer information about performance issues.

It's getting embarrassing. I'm not asking for much, just not radio silence.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

It's getting embarrassing. I'm not asking for much, just not radio silence.

Tbh though the silence says alot. It says they don't give a damn. It says you enjoy pvp move along, it says they are disconnected and or incompetent.

It shows that they do not care about what 1/2 the population wants. Go to twitch and watch all the people not playing eso
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last night in Vivec, PC NA, every time I used Blockade of Storms (from the destro skill line the sound from the skill echoed twice.

To be more specific I heard the sound from the skill 3 times.

1. when I used the skill
    2. the sound occurred 2 seconds later
    3. ^ one more time, 2 seconds later

Anyway, the lag was so bad last night. The ping was all over the place. I logged off from vivec around 9:45 est.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Last night in Vivec, PC NA, every time I used Blockade of Storms (from the destro skill line the sound from the skill echoed twice.

To be more specific I heard the sound from the skill 3 times.

1. when I used the skill
    2. the sound occurred 2 seconds later
    3. ^ one more time, 2 seconds later

Anyway, the lag was so bad last night. The ping was all over the place. I logged off from vivec around 9:45 est.

Ikr, you can't even attempt to defend a keep anymore, it comes to a battle if who can lag the other faction out. It's absurd
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Truth. Vote with your wallet.

I already did. I don't sub anymore, after 3 years, because I can't pvp. I log in lagout and get frustrated then just go do something else

Why? I'm certainly not good by any means but I have fun in Cyro. I only play in Sotha, however, so this might be why. If you came to Sotha, and are EP, I can hook you up with some groups to make it more enjoyable.

There are always moments where zergs from another faction just ruin it, and I simply log off for a while or go PvE and do my dailies.

P.S. Just to mention Cyro is VERY dynamic. It changes from moment to moment. It takes a while to get a feel for it.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on January 9, 2019 5:31PM
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delete plz.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on January 9, 2019 5:32PM
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delete plz.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the sad thing is it doesn't even matter of you're at a keep defense or what. Granted it's worse there and you will disconnect, but even with like 3 people flipping a resource at like an empty brindle, you lag.

I take my templar in cyro and miss every other jab, not like whole jabs but like within the channel individual jabs desync and miss. So I go to my magnb, well that was a mistake, I can't build mercy stacks because the lag eats half my light attack weaves.

Its... just... horrible
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Truth. Vote with your wallet.

I already did. I don't sub anymore, after 3 years, because I can't pvp. I log in lagout and get frustrated then just go do something else

Why? I'm certainly not good by any means but I have fun in Cyro. I only play in Sotha, however, so this might be why. If you came to Sotha, and are EP, I can hook you up with some groups to make it more enjoyable.

There are always moments where zergs from another faction just ruin it, and I simply log off for a while or go PvE and do my dailies.

P.S. Just to mention Cyro is VERY dynamic. It changes from moment to moment. It takes a while to get a feel for it.

Sotha is not devoid of problems. I went there the other night and the lag was present. I understand the dynamics of cyro though, I have only pvp besides gear farming for 3 years. It's just we are locked into the certain times I am able to play. I don't have a choice but to play at prime time. I have a full time job, I can't play at 10am on a week day.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at any advertising this game has done, large scale PvP is part of that advertisement. I'm sorry but riding your horse within 200 meters of a 10v10 and crashing, is NOT large scale PvP.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All problems trickle down from the top and I am pretty sure the devs have been instructed not to engage on here any longer, just based on behavior patterns over time. They need to oust the CEO and get someone in there who actually understands gaming and relates to the clientele base, rather than just some rich dude who bought his way into the company via stock options. We don't need a bunch of uptight suits who have no idea how to even hold a controller. I want to see a team of sweaty neckbeards and neckbeards-ets who smell like Funyuns and wear the same holey anime tshirt for 3 weeks straight in that board room, calling the shots. As it is, the current guy is just turning this game into a fancy version of candy crush, where people addicted to wasting money shell out their rent money for stupid *** that means nothing, believing it'll help them "win" at something.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    I want to see a team of sweaty neckbeards and neckbeards-ets who smell like Funyuns and wear the same holey anime tshirt for 3 weeks straight in that board room, calling the shots. As it is, the current guy is just turning this game into a fancy version of candy crush, where people addicted to wasting money shell out their rent money for stupid *** that means nothing, believing it'll help them "win" at something.

Preach it brother poot, preach