The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pvp performance problems, and everyone knows it.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run this game on windows 7 & windows 10. Today, I played on windows 10. Cyrodiil was a laggy, stuttering mess. The previous two days, played the game on windows 7. Cyrodiil was lag free, no stuttering or micro freezes. Still got stuck in terrain and load screens.
    The game performed better on windows 7 for me. Maybe its just coincidence? Will switch back to windows 7 for my next venture into Cyrodiil, just to see if my game runs better.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Run this game on windows 7 & windows 10. Today, I played on windows 10. Cyrodiil was a laggy, stuttering mess. The previous two days, played the game on windows 7. Cyrodiil was lag free, no stuttering or micro freezes. Still got stuck in terrain and load screens.
    The game performed better on windows 7 for me. Maybe its just coincidence? Will switch back to windows 7 for my next venture into Cyrodiil, just to see if my game runs better.

Well that's strange....
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    I've said it before; all PvP players in this game should just unsubscribe/quit and let them know the reason why. Dont even log in till they take action.

[...]

If we left the game, cyrodiil would be converted to a pve zone......problem solved! smilie_op_044.gif

Edited by Sun7dance on January 15, 2019 12:02PM
    PS5|EU
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Well that's strange....

Exactly what I thought. Play gw2 as well. Gw2 give me the opposite problem. The game runs like crap on windows 7 and smoothly on windows 10.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • IlCaccia
    IlCaccia
    ✭✭

It could be a million other things, windows is not really the first cause for that
    I'm the guy that claps when sees someone dueling
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way, lag wins the alliance war every time
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like everyone doesn't know the definition of "everyone"... ;)
    Edited by sevomd69 on January 15, 2019 12:39PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    It's almost like everyone doesn't know the definition of "everyone"... ;)

No u
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag hurts me Feely feels
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is just as bad on console
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

How has this recent patch effected the lag issues? I can't log in yet- I've got to go to work.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453058/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-2-12
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IlCaccia wrote: »

It could be a million other things, windows is not really the first cause for that
    Could be drivers who is an common issue.

For me I have had very few problem had one loading screen outside of porting and a couple of lag spikes.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had two major incidents today.

I trolled a keep. Shot at a wall, 78% HP. Got a loading screen while doing it. After the screen was gone the wall had 100% and my ballista did no more damage. What is this?

Also, while in a major fight in a keep, i got kicked out of the game, back to the char selection.

lB5wmMp.png
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Savos_Saren;c
    Whew. Day 5 and this thread is still on the front page. Not a single comment from ZOS that addresses the state of Cyrodiil. PVP is a huge portion of their player base and they still refuse to offer information about performance issues.

It's getting embarrassing. I'm not asking for much, just not radio silence.

Tbh though the silence says alot. It says they don't give a damn. It says you enjoy pvp move along, it says they are disconnected and or incompetent.

It shows that they do not care about what 1/2 the population wants. Go to twitch and watch all the people not playing eso

It’s by far not half. 70% casual mostly RP house decoration experts. 15% trial and dungeon raiders. 10% elite pve endgame raiders. 5% pvp. On pc/na servers are thought to be 120 per faction. 1 server is mostly pop locked while others are usually 1 bar across. Might only have 1k players on all factions split between servers on prime time weekend. 5% pvp might be even a stretch.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I love how you act like my numbers are wrong then throw numbers out there with 0 evidence youself
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're also not taking into account that not everyone pvp at the same time, bgs, duelers, etc. Plus the amount of pvp players who have already left, I guess you can't really count them but I do.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I love how you act like my numbers are wrong then throw numbers out there with 0 evidence youself

PvP is still not 1/2 the population no matter what
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP is still not 1/2 the population no matter what

Lol prove it
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a silly thing to fixate on tbh. It doesn't change the fact that it's a major aspect of the game and performance is horrible
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it like this.

Trials get crazy lag, desyncs, constant drops and crashes.

Zos would fix that in a heart beat.

I wonder what amount of players do trials? Not those home decorators.
  • Larsenex
    Larsenex
    ✭✭
    To be honest if they did completely away with all of pvp I would be just fine with it. Seriously every game I have played from EQ, EQ2, WoW, Secret World, Swtor and ESO they all try to balance both PVE and PVP and its PVE that suffers because some poor fool cant kill player (flavor of the month). Thus begins the cycle of nerfs to pve to 'fix pvp. Its lame its weak sauce. Ideally just open separate pvp servers and have a fixed rule set for those players problem solved.

Oh and historically that HAS been done. See the original eq servers and EQ2 Servers and WoW servers which had 'pvp' servers. They eventually died out as the vast majority of players are not 'hardcore' pvpers. Look at the top ten best pvp games via google, with the exception of EVE and WoW those games are dying a slow death with low populations.

You want evidence? Its on the internet. The fact is the majority (greater than 50% of player base in all games do not pvp or could care less about it.) I for one don't care. I do pvp but only when dragged into it with this event or I need skills that are required in pve (also a lame ass idea). If every single pvper who was like you cancelled, Zos would be like meh, well that headache is gone lets get back to a real mmo.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larsenex wrote: »
    To be honest if they did completely away with all of pvp I would be just fine with it. Seriously every game I have played from EQ, EQ2, WoW, Secret World, Swtor and ESO they all try to balance both PVE and PVP and its PVE that suffers because some poor fool cant kill player (flavor of the month). Thus begins the cycle of nerfs to pve to 'fix pvp. Its lame its weak sauce. Ideally just open separate pvp servers and have a fixed rule set for those players problem solved.

Oh and historically that HAS been done. See the original eq servers and EQ2 Servers and WoW servers which had 'pvp' servers. They eventually died out as the vast majority of players are not 'hardcore' pvpers. Look at the top ten best pvp games via google, with the exception of EVE and WoW those games are dying a slow death with low populations.

You want evidence? Its on the internet. The fact is the majority (greater than 50% of player base in all games do not pvp or could care less about it.) I for one don't care. I do pvp but only when dragged into it with this event or I need skills that are required in pve (also a lame ass idea). If every single pvper who was like you cancelled, Zos would be like meh, well that headache is gone lets get back to a real mmo.

I am sure no one would miss your pearls of wisdom either. ;)
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why non-PvPers feel compelled to comment here.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larsenex wrote: »

I mean you can't hate on pvp too much. Pve tanked at launch hard. It was pvp that saved this game and allowed it to grow into the game you enjoy. It's a shame to treat a once great part of the game like it's a parasite.
    Edited by Datthaw on January 16, 2019 11:46PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it like this.

Trials get crazy lag, desyncs, constant drops and crashes.

Zos would fix that in a heart beat.

I wonder what amount of players do trials? Not those home decorators.

I think it was after Summerset that there was terrible lag and glitches in trials. I know that going through the last door in Hel Ra would cause half the group to blue screen but PvE generally has better performance