Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp performance problems, and everyone knows it.

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve never experience lag in BGs. That’s a Cyrodiil issue.

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/

That seems like a console issue

No, it’s a ZOS issue. I run other PVP games on console with no or minimal issues.

I mean I can run CS:GO on my PC with 300 frames and 15 ping but that's never going to happen with a MMO, especially one with megaservers like ESO. PvP only games are going to be more optimized in general. ZOS 100% needs to improve performance, no argument about that, but BGs on PC do have very little lag and the frames are nearly always solid.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they have all the devs working on new content to sell, there will never be anyone to fix Cyrodiil. Would be nice if they’d just admit it, then folks could move on with understanding of the situation. Worst thing they can do is keep ignoring the situation and hope it goes away.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    @Datthaw bumping is explicitly against the forum rules. Find another, more creative way to bump or they'll just shut this down for rule-breaking and never have to comment.

In the past, ZOS' few actual responses to the problem of lag has always been to focus on specific issues that they can identify and fix (and to be fair, they've succeeded in many of those cases). But the bigger issue is that whatever the hell happened in the lighting patch dramatically and noticeably affected performance, and there will likely never be a way to fix it.

Unfortunately, everyone who enjoys PVP in this game eventually just has to ask themselves whether it's all worth it, and for many of us the answer is no.

@casparian Lol I know, I'm actually shocked it hasn't been shut down with my bumps yet.

I don't have much hope for this to get an answer but I don't really have any other options. I just want some kind of answer as to " this is what you get" or " we are doing something" this radio silence we are getting is annoying.

I see you seemed to have moved on, I haven't seen you on in a while. Probably for the best. But your absence makes me the best magplar in pugz now so atleast I have that going for me lol
    Edited by Datthaw on January 8, 2019 2:08AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best way to tell that pvp is not bringing new players is just look at kyne. Ghost town. Only rerollers left.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad bur we will probably get the shaft again with new chapter and all

Could have been excited about necro but im not due to bad lag
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPers: "Lag is horrible please fix"
    ZOS: *crickets*
    PvPers: "We're leaving since you won't fix the lag"
    ZOS: "Necromancers!"
    PvPers: "Oooh shiny!" *Logs back in"

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get excited about necros, I haven't liked one since Diablo 2
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    bro, i ve made a post about cyrodill past july... It got a bit of attention. This thing has been going on for a long time now. People just avoid pvp at this point and no one talks about it ,only cause they know devs wont change it drastically (its the only thing it needs). People keep defending it ,like its my setup or whatever , or even telling me to play on shor or some dead server that no one cares about. If in the upcoming dlc any changes arent going to be made on cyrodill , im 100%done with this game.
    I dont even know how this game got best mmo award again. I guess money is everything these days lol
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

its pretty bad rn even by cyro standards. Normally it takes at least a zerg before i start getting lag, I normally dont start getting into the everyone else freezing and me running around at super speed lvl of lag until 3 alliance emp keep fights.

Im getting players skipping around in 2v2 and freezes from a zerg of about 15 taking an empty keep

its alot worse than normal
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Face it. Which is going to generate the better revenue stream? Selling pixelized skins, motifs, pets, mounts, furniture, clothes, etc. from the crown store? Or reinstalling a whole new PVP server farm to make people who *** in the forums happy? The vast majority of players I know despise PVP. I don't think there is any comparison in which generates more profit. My guess is that's why ZOS doesn't talk about it. First nobody wants to be honest about it, and secondly, nobody wants to hear it.

PVP could disappear tomorrow and I doubt ZOS would hardly notice a blip on their income radar. The number of PVP lovers will simply never match the crown loving casuals. Who knows? Maybe someday they'll get a PVP lover for Creative Director and convince the bean counters that it could actually be very profitable...IF done right. Still not holding my breath though. Until then I'll just have to live with being killed in a nanosecond by some invisible Lethal Arrow spammer.

• Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if some of the performance issues are tied to the zone itself. Maybe Cyrodiil is like an old car that is cheaper to replace than fix. And maybe just maybe that is the long term plan of ZoS is to “delete” Cyrodiil and replace it with a new, better optimized PvP zone with similar goals and mechanics. Probably not but it’s fun to think about.

Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 8, 2019 5:21AM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you for sure, if they could find a way to split pvp and pve. If they made me subscribe to pvp but still allow you to import your existing Eso toons account into pvp cyro, I'd pay in a heartbeat with a smile, if they did it with working, performing servers. Perhaps a subscribed pvp server would be a way forward. They wouldn't have a cash shortage because pvp is not interested in shinies in their crown store but then there'd be less outright neglect because it would lose money through ended subscriptions.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on January 8, 2019 5:23AM
  • tamrielwinner
    tamrielwinner
    ✭✭✭
    cyrodiil perf is poor on both client and server end.

it would require a massive monetary investment to improve client performance for the long haul. world of warcraft, with directx12 and new driver updates is finally seeing real benefits to their game over dx11 on both nvidia and amd. they're one of the only companies to actually show results like this. it's a pretty big task and might not be something we see in ESO.

there should have been a dedicated professional team assigned to the server lag seen in cyrodiil for some years now.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They know its a problem
    They have said they know its a problem
    They removed deer from Cyrodiil to try and help the problem
    We had a test a year and a half ago (I think?) to try and diagnose the problem (we never found out the results)
    They have (apparently) tried different things here and there
    Its still a problem
    They know its still a problem
    They have refused to talk about it recently
    Dunno what else to tell you but they are silent on it right now
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    terrannova wrote: »
    bro, i ve made a post about cyrodill past july... It got a bit of attention. This thing has been going on for a long time now. People just avoid pvp at this point and no one talks about it ,only cause they know devs wont change it drastically (its the only thing it needs). People keep defending it ,like its my setup or whatever , or even telling me to play on shor or some dead server that no one cares about. If in the upcoming dlc any changes arent going to be made on cyrodill , im 100%done with this game.
    I dont even know how this game got best mmo award again. I guess money is everything these days lol

It got best mmo because pve is in a ok place. Total oposite from launch when pve was a trainwreck and pvp was the ONLY thing that kept this game alive
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now after pvp saved this game they just let it die
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like turtles!
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I played 2 hour of pvp, I only had a decent ping (below 250) on shor, in which I was able to get 4 kills and 0 deaths in a bit less than 45 minutes. Such an amazing experience!
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give up. Zos are focused on making money and cyro don't make them. So they don't give a crap about us.
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    terrannova wrote: »

It got best mmo because pve is in a ok place. Total oposite from launch when pve was a trainwreck and pvp was the ONLY thing that kept this game alive

yea and it still surprises me :D
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sub, I make them money, and the majority of my time is in pvp. That notion that pvp brings in no money is false I think.

I'd like to see a poll, but not everybody visits the forums. You wouldn't be able to get a true picture of how much pvp players actually contribute to Zos monetarily.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah pvp brings in money, saying it doesn't is pretty much a lie. Pvp people buy crates and *** spend money in crown store, buy dlc's for the new gear, bought morrowind for warden and bgs. Saying pvp doesn't contribute money is just false
    Edited by Datthaw on January 8, 2019 11:50AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell I pvp and I was a sub for 3 year. So you can't tell me pvp people don't make zos money
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last 2 weeks now, I login, to see long and many load screens until I get keeps without walls, crash and yeah lets do something else. It is really bad a mess on the moment......
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    The lag has been worse since last patch like many people have said but they are not acknowledging it. Maybe there is possible liability involved? I am not sure if on PC, but for Xbox they have a responsibility for Xbox Live content to function properly online, and right now it is simply not. It's an actual lag to the server of theirs, people comment on it all the time, the ping just gets all wacked out unlike to almost all other servers. They have to do something.
    Edited by bpmachete on January 8, 2019 1:39PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Datthaw yeah, I uninstalled a couple months ago. This game has a lot of great things, but eventually I just felt that it wasn't worth all the time and effort, given that the devs seem most interested in devoting the lion's share of their resources to attracting and supporting casual players. I do miss the great people I met in ESO, though. Glad to hear PUGz is still going.

My last PVP experience was Dawnbreakering to death some poor stamblade attempting to snipe me, and I figured that was a good moment to go out on.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA
    I'm sure there are more @ zos buy w/e.

Ok seriously. What's the deal? Like really. There is a stream of threads and no answers. Pvp players are leaving in droves. Performance is horrible. Yadayadayada you have heard it all because there is like 10 post a day about performance

PvP players are getting very frustrated and it's becoming a bit absurd. You really, really, really need to fix this or there will be no more pvp.

And before anyone says "well why don't you just run bgs?"

Well that's apples and oranges comparing cyro to bgs

Just give up something, some kind of acknowledgement, something. If you don't pvp will die, that's a fact. I say this because it's a shame, you advertised cyro hard before the game was even out. Cyrodiil was major selling point for many players and I spent an ungodly amount of time there. But now I just cant even play, lag will always push playes away. I can't play and enjoy a game when I die to some stupid stuff because I couldn't barswap and heal or shield. I can't enjoy and play when I can't even attempt to defend a keep in prime.

Lag will end cyro pvp and it is close to the point of no return already

Good news: if enough PVP players leave, I will be able to enjoy CP PVP again. The current state of main campaigns is more than enough to keep me in Battlegrounds. I guess, as a Magblade main, I could just go gank in semi-low population areas. Just feels scummy.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell, even Alcast thinks that ESO isn't "worth it" anymore if you want to PVP:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingAbstruseFlamingoFloof

I keep posting on each of these performance issues threads that I highly encourage people to post reviews about ESO's performance on MMORPG.COM. Maybe they'll start addressing the lag.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah something needs to happen, the developers are living in denial about the state of pvp. Sadly enough I'm probably not gonna be around much longer.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    The vast majority of players I know despise PVP.

I will be brutally honest on this one. I used to hate PVP with a passion, not just in ESO. The truth is that I hated it because I wasn't ignorant to the unique type of challenge it gives you. I struggled hard for a while to adapt to unpredictable gameplay mechanics. This is the sole problem with PVEers when PVP is presented to them - they don't want a challenge that doesn't have fixed mechanics that they can memorize. Sure some PVE content is extremely difficult, but after replaying it so much you memorize the mechanics and go on autopilot which makes for easy gameplay to Elites.
    I fully support PVP because after completing most of PVE content I hate going back to replay it. New content doesn't interest me because it's repetitive. With PVP you have to actually think and strategize your actions and is never a "repeated scenerio".

Make PVP great again, until a new MMO of the same scale is made for consumers to enjoy and move on to.