Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp performance problems, and everyone knows it.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve never experience lag in BGs. That’s a Cyrodiil issue.

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/

That seems like a console issue
    Its unfortunately the truth. ESO is very CPU intensive and is is also not very multi threaded so it uses one core hard, PS4 and One uses an older AMD cpu who has 8 core but clocked low and not very efficient.

As for servers, well that can be brute forced with an BIS setup.
    https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/7U/7089/SYS-7089P-TR4T.cfm
    228 cores and more memory than you have hard drive space.
    yes that is kind of an overkill but having better servers than the average pool for the primary pvp instances makes sense.
    Make cyrodil great again would probably generate some cool youtubes who increase interest for the game.
    Yes the above system will probably set you back $100K but cheap compared to superbowl adds.

on the other hand if main issue is client it would not help that much.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve never experience lag in BGs. That’s a Cyrodiil issue.

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/

That seems like a console issue

No, it’s a ZOS issue. I run other PVP games on console with no or minimal issues.
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please for the love of god can you guys address the awful lag , freezes and latency in Cyrodiil, I have been in vivec on pseu for three days and it’s awful , almost unplayable.

We ran a 9 ppl group against a blue Zerg and you could barley move due the the FPS dropping to the speed of a potato, PvP players are leaving in droves on console and you want to have a PvP event shortly?

The upcoming event will make it worse than ever , seriously why does this not get spoken about , replied to or even acknowledged by somebody from Zos.

PvP is important to the game and it’s communuty , please stop ignoring it’s issues guys.

Many thanks
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA
    I'm sure there are more @ zos buy w/e.

Ok seriously. What's the deal? Like really. There is a stream of threads and no answers. Pvp players are leaving in droves. Performance is horrible. Yadayadayada you have heard it all because there is like 10 post a day about performance

PvP players are getting very frustrated and it's becoming a bit absurd. You really, really, really need to fix this or there will be no more pvp.

And before anyone says "well why don't you just run bgs?"

Well that's apples and oranges comparing cyro to bgs

Just give up something, some kind of acknowledgement, something. If you don't pvp will die, that's a fact. I say this because it's a shame, you advertised cyro hard before the game was even out. Cyrodiil was major selling point for many players and I spent an ungodly amount of time there. But now I just cant even play, lag will always push playes away. I can't play and enjoy a game when I die to some stupid stuff because I couldn't barswap and heal or shield. I can't enjoy and play when I can't even attempt to defend a keep in prime.

Lag will end cyro pvp and it is close to the point of no return already

Everbody leaving but the boxes are coming in yeaaa lets buy...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp terrible performance is the reason i unsubbed and stopped buying things in the crownstore

Cant pay for something as bas as this game performance
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they want cyro gone? Ever think about that?

Then they can focus on the whales. It will reduce the most negative reviews of the game from the cyro players.

They also won't have to worry that much if something is broken. How many pvers said or complained about sloads, not many. If anything they were mad it got fixed.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And btw I'm just gonna bump this every few hours until they close it or actually say something so forum peeps don't attack me
    Wth did you expect? You put up something on a public form so people are going to reply to it. Simple as that.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And btw I'm just gonna bump this every few hours until they close it or actually say something so forum peeps don't attack me
    Wth did you expect? You put up something on a public form so people are going to reply to it. Simple as that.

I don't think he said don't reply. He was just saying he's gonna bump it so don't get your panties in a wad. Replying to it helps his cause.
    Edited by Callous2208 on January 6, 2019 2:05PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sad part is, mot likely, @Datthaw, you'll get tired of bumping before zos gives a response.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New content got datamined. You might as well give it up. The lemmings have new distractions. PvP will continue to decay to the point they can just remove it or keep it to BG's.
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Is PVP still a power point presentation?
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When eso came out everyone blasted how extremely bad pve was, the PR got so out of control with the bots that they had to remove the subscription. PVP in the other hand was the shining light of this game, not a single reviewer had anything bad to say about it and were actually pretty amazed. Now it's the complete polar opposite. Imagine if the pvp of today also shipped at launch? Servers infested with lag spikes, terrible lag, horrible frame rates. This game would had been DOA.
    Edited by Kalante on January 6, 2019 3:35PM
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't check the forums guys except to warn you about etiquette.

Threads like this are a waste of time unfortunately. There is nothing you can do.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content got datamined. You might as well give it up. The lemmings have new distractions. PvP will continue to decay to the point they can just remove it or keep it to BG's.

Yup or when crown crates get released lmao.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    The sad part is, mot likely, @Datthaw, you'll get tired of bumping before zos gives a response.

Lol I'm pretty stubborn
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other day me and a friend where in Cyro, just because ...

We helped out at a full siege of an outpost, ping was 140, more or less.

After that we tried to 2vs1 one dude on a bridge and died ... because ping went to 999+ instantly. Aiming impossible.

Wtf?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. It's time to unsub to this game. I'm not paying any more for unplayable Cyrodiil. And the lame excuse that "It's primetime" doesn't suffice, either.

You don't go to a restaurant and get *** service during lunch or dinner and then get told to deal with it because it's "primetime".

Zenimax is focusing their attention on crown crates and cosmetic crap... not trying to fix lag and bugs.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I can think of is Gina and Jess need their pedicure. So they stay silent on the issues. As for the so called other hamsters at zos well a wall Mart greeter could probably comprehend the *** show we have in cyro, while we sit here and struggle to play a game that we enjoy. But wait theres more..... Those cash items are more important than zos player base. GTFO with that ***. A responsible Dev would listen and communicate with their players not sit behind a desk chowing down on the new McDonald's menu items. All I gotta say is *** pathetic on zos part!
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, by doing away with the mandatory subscription, it encouraged then to focus on the crown store. You see how that went. Over priced pixels over performance.

If you start losing subs because of performance and you are a sub only game, you'll start fixing performance. When it's F2P you get what we got.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump before work
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Datthaw bumping is explicitly against the forum rules. Find another, more creative way to bump or they'll just shut this down for rule-breaking and never have to comment.

In the past, ZOS' few actual responses to the problem of lag has always been to focus on specific issues that they can identify and fix (and to be fair, they've succeeded in many of those cases). But the bigger issue is that whatever the hell happened in the lighting patch dramatically and noticeably affected performance, and there will likely never be a way to fix it.

Unfortunately, everyone who enjoys PVP in this game eventually just has to ask themselves whether it's all worth it, and for many of us the answer is no.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Have they not acknowledged th problem yet?
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    We also have the random freezes for like 5 seconds back this patch.