Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp performance problems, and everyone knows it.

Datthaw
Datthaw
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA
I'm sure there are more @ zos buy w/e.

Ok seriously. What's the deal? Like really. There is a stream of threads and no answers. Pvp players are leaving in droves. Performance is horrible. Yadayadayada you have heard it all because there is like 10 post a day about performance

PvP players are getting very frustrated and it's becoming a bit absurd. You really, really, really need to fix this or there will be no more pvp.

And before anyone says "well why don't you just run bgs?"

Well that's apples and oranges comparing cyro to bgs

Just give up something, some kind of acknowledgement, something. If you don't pvp will die, that's a fact. I say this because it's a shame, you advertised cyro hard before the game was even out. Cyrodiil was major selling point for many players and I spent an ungodly amount of time there. But now I just cant even play, lag will always push playes away. I can't play and enjoy a game when I die to some stupid stuff because I couldn't barswap and heal or shield. I can't enjoy and play when I can't even attempt to defend a keep in prime.

Lag will end cyro pvp and it is close to the point of no return already
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BG's isn't entirely devoid of bullshittery, either. Still have lag on occasion, still have the same buggy mess that we call combat, still have the same horrendous balancing.
  • Judgedread101071
    Judgedread101071
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS's logic was always "if we don't acknowledge it,it doesn't exist".After 4.5 years why do you find their behaviour strange?
    As long as there are players loging in everyday(even if they are RP ers), then everything is ok for ZOS.And as long as there are still people who buy their crown crates but never complain (enough)about the poor performance in both PVE and PVP, then nothing will ever change mate.It should be pretty clear by now.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    BG's isn't entirely devoid of bullshittery, either. Still have lag on occasion, still have the same buggy mess that we call combat, still have the same horrendous balancing.

Balance is another issue in my book. I could deal with poor balance if I could actually play, but at this state it's just sad
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And btw I'm just gonna bump this every few hours until they close it or actually say something so forum peeps don't attack me
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth. Vote with your wallet. I unsubbed months ago. The inconveniences are minor and totally livable once you make a few adjustments. Seriously stop paying them for fixes that will never come.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 5, 2019 2:34AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Truth. Vote with your wallet.

I already did. I don't sub anymore, after 3 years, because I can't pvp. I log in lagout and get frustrated then just go do something else
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never experience lag in BGs. That’s a Cyrodiil issue.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Ok
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it before; all PvP players in this game should just unsubscribe/quit and let them know the reason why. Dont even log in till they take action.

Unfortunately, even after that they won't do anything as 1.far more PVE players and 2. It not really worth it due to this:
    still have the same buggy mess that we call combat, still have the same horrendous balancing.
    , so they fix performance, and then just have to deal with PvPers complain about the combat system in general, balance issues, etc.

Much better for ZoS and the PVE player base for PVP to just die it's slow buggy death at this point. :P
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    I've said it before; all PvP players in this game should just unsubscribe/quit and let them know the reason why. Dont even log in till they take action.

Unfortunately, even after that they won't do anything as 1.far more PVE players and 2. It not really worth it due to this:
    still have the same buggy mess that we call combat, still have the same horrendous balancing.
    , so they fix performance, and then just have to deal with PvPers complain about the combat system in general, balance issues, etc.

Much better for ZoS and the PVE player base for PVP to just die it's slow buggy death at this point. :P

I disagree about letting it die. It was literally the biggest advertisement point they had before release. Alot of people love it and would come back regardless of bugs and unbalanced combat (a problem I agree, but miniscule compared to lag)

but yeah at this point I just have 0 faith, I have canceled my sub and struggle to even log in at times. I have one foot out the door
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't care @Datthaw, they barely reply to any posts. If they do its to make a *** comment or to say they know they don't communicate much, then, don't communicate again
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They don't care @Datthaw, they barely reply to any posts. If they do its to make a *** comment or to say they know they don't communicate much, then, don't communicate again

Lol yeah I know, but it's my last ditch effort until I just play something else. Honestly the only thing that I feel is really keeping me around is buddies in the game. But we're all getting upset and about to mpve on. Thank goodness for discord so I can keep all the friends I made in this game
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear you on that. Good luck if you decide to move on.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

Likewise
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reached my limit 2 days ago when there was a huge 3-way fight at Aleswell. It was so laggy that I could barely get any skills to fire and zone was full of players griping about the lag, but facking M***** was still able to instagib me with that *** 5-skill magNB combo that never seems to lag out. At that point, I realized that this game is just not worth the frustration and logged out, and haven’t been able to find the motivation to log back in.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days ago was the worst I have ever seen it. Literally no reason for a PvPer to even play at this point. That's my opinion anyway.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will give this game a year and a half tops before it dies from neglect
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged in late nite ran to bleakers and dced. Like wtf lol. Performance sucks and ZOS don’t care. They don’t make money off of PvP. They make money off of casuals and gimmicks like that crap mount.

Now, the casuals get yet another frustrating event (Mid-year Mayhem Part 2: Electric Bugaloo) tied to a gimmick lol.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged in late nite ran to bleakers and dced. Like wtf lol. Performance sucks and ZOS don’t care. They don’t make money off of PvP. They make money off of casuals and gimmicks like that crap mount.

Now, the casuals get yet another frustrating event (Mid-year Mayhem Part 2: Electric Bugaloo) tied to a gimmick lol.

Cash shop gimmicks are all ZoS has left. And it kills me as I loved this game for so many years.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With BG's it's mostly the long queue time. Any various bugs after that just add to the frustration, whether minor or major.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag in Vivec off hours yesterday was horrible. This would have been around 4am EST. My ping was entirely normal but the skill delay was about one second for anything cast on another player. No exaggeration. Maybe it was just my connection since I play with 270 ping typically, but normally it’s totally fine and that kind of lag doesn’t show up unless I’m getting 400-500 ping which usually means it is something between me and ZOS’ servers. And right after maintainence it’s usually fine. It’s like as soon as Cyro hits 3 bars across the performance goes to ***. 2 bars across is all it can really support in any reliabel way.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patiently awaiting a plan to fix Cyrodiil lag @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the lag and infinite loading screens already being seen lately in PvP, I've taken the liberty of updating Cyrodiil's loading screen for the upcoming Mid-Year Mayhem event:
    Qs2yKbq.jpg
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will zos fix pvp, I think they might be cutting their losses. At this point does it matter since we lost a lot of people due to Zos lack of action to fix performance over the years.

Where will Cyro pvp at this time next year? Do you think they will fix the lag?
    Do you think they'll invest more resources into pvp?
    Or do you think they'll have more crown store junk for RP'ers?
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Will zos fix pvp, I think they might be cutting their losses. At this point does it matter since we lost a lot of people due to Zos lack of action to fix performance over the years.

Where will Cyro pvp at this time next year? Do you think they will fix the lag?
    Do you think they'll invest more resources into pvp?
    Or do you think they'll have more crown store junk for RP'ers?

Crown store. Though honestly, I know a lot of rp'rs, myself included, that love PvP and high level PvE. And we're all pretty much tired of the nonsense. At least before you could expect quality updates and some feedback on issues. Moderately priced cosmetics for the immersion without a gamble box in between. They *** on rp'rs pretty hard as well. New to mmo cash shop junkies are the target audience now. They don't PvP, raid or vet dungeon, or rp. Just do event dailies and buy stuff.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/

That seems like a console issue