The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow really? That's.... disappointing. Plus that thing looks nothing like a dragon. For the first time, I hope the datamined info is wrong. Or at best, misinterpreted.

I mean. Elsweyr sounds fine. Necromancy sounds like it's going to be another can of worms to balance, I really hope it's a skill line and not a class. But dragons?? I think the correct name for those will be Lizard-Khajiit. :neutral:
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    in b4 necro
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class not skill line. It’s been two years since Warden and the meta needs a good shakeup.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Yeah but if you look at the picture in the OP, none of those really fit the description. This Dragon looks young and very odd

Noone said that the Atlas is complete and has all the survived dragons listed.

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Class not skill line. It’s been two years since Warden and the meta needs a good shakeup.

Well it says "necromancy" in the filename, not "necromancer".
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Actually they are not lore breaking. In Skyrim the Book Atlas of Dragons there were dragons that still survived. Here are the ones that they talk about.

Ahbiilok - Location unknown Lairing somewhere near Morrowind
    Mirmulnir - Survived Brown Dragon Last sighted in the Reach 2E 212
    Nahfahlaar - Survived Red Dragon Last sighted 2E 369, Wayrest. Last known protector was king Casimir II. He escaped and current location is unknown
    Nafaalilargus - Slain - 2E 864 Red Dragon Protector was Tiber Septim 2E863
    Naaslaarum - Survived Revered Dragon Forgotten Vale
    Voslaarum -Survived Revered Dragon Forgotten Vale
    Vulthuryol - Survived Ancient Dragon Blackreach Deep beneath the ruins of Mzinchaleft, Raldbthar, and Alftand

Paarthurnax - Survived Elder Dragon Throat of the world
    Relonikiv - Survived Blood Dragon Apocrypha
    Kruziikrel - Survived Brown Dragon Apocrypha
    Sahrotaar - Survived Serpentine Dragon Apocrypha

I am aware. But there will likely be normal dragons as enemies on top of named Dragons that might appear in a trial or so.
    Dragons that will be fought in events or so. And there shouldn't be armies of Dragons flying around now, right ?
    Edited by Dracane on January 6, 2019 3:34PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

But it says new class in the flavour text. I'd rather go with that.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Oh yea, rip I totally missed that.
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    dragon mount
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People realise there are dragons in this era?

They just mostly died or went into hiding. So why are they suddenly attacking Elsweyr?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dragon mount

Crown Store exclusive. 10,000 gems.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This. And again, two years without a new class is stretching it for an MMORPG.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    well this is really bad. you know why?

I have work tomorrow, it's 3am and i am super hyped so much that i cant sleep. thanks. :p
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 6, 2019 3:41PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    dragon mount

Crown Store exclusive. 10,000 gems.

if it glides yes pls
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's a Necromancer Class and one of its skill lines is called Necromancy?
    PC EU
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREECHING*

Necromancy. Good. At long last. Not changing my flair until it is officially in, though.

That being said...

*INSANE, UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREECHING*
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • bpbucks268
    bpbucks268
    Soul Shriven
    Is it at all possible that this is a troll? The only things truly datamined are some text, and some pretty basic pictures. I'm not seeing any actual 3d models from the game. Could ZoS finally be awake to datamining and thinking to throw us all off? I'm just curious. My questioning side of me feels that the 3 things that everyone seems to be asking for are all coming in the next year. Seems...suspicious.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people should play the story before judging it. They have been telling amazing ones for a couple years now so im pretty sure confident it will be good. The question people should care more about is if we have unexplorable areas up the butt.
    Edited by grizzledcroc on January 6, 2019 3:50PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - New class: Necromancer

Shut up and take my money!

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people should play the story before judging it. They have been telling amazing ones for a couple years now idk why people are still like this.

I will indeed wait now before judging. Though I respectfully disagree with your last statement. The past few years updates from a story standpoint have been really lackluster for me.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bpbucks268 wrote: »
    Is it at all possible that this is a troll? The only things truly datamined are some text, and some pretty basic pictures. I'm not seeing any actual 3d models from the game. Could ZoS finally be awake to datamining and thinking to throw us all off? I'm just curious. My questioning side of me feels that the 3 things that everyone seems to be asking for are all coming in the next year. Seems...suspicious.
    Doubt they care that much
    #MOREORBS
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should be excited. I was disappointed by them picking a time of no dragons flying over head and the new class should be cool.

I'm just pessimistic as I feel like balance in PVP isnt that bad right now among classes. Just some mechanics on roots, bleeds, attacks from stealth. Maybe some weapon lines are a little out there. But the classes generally seem ok. Now they will add one, and when they did Warden they took abilities from others because they were too strong, but then gave it to Warden. On the bright side; they did the taking a patch prior to the one that brought Warden.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way Abnur Tharn always wanted to make us a Necromancer so...

xhvfikP.png
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2019 3:56PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax.

Features of Chapter III: Elsweyr will be:

- New zone: Elsweyr

- New "enemies": Dragons

- Overarching plotline throughout all of 2019's releases

I am more intrigued by the idea of a WoW style version of story telling in which spans over the four DLCs rather than two independent storys. I love WoW end game storytelling. If ESO tells a new story over an entire year, I would be happy.

Also this brings up a few questions, could the new chapter be released first, like in Q1? Would we continue to get dungeon packs in addition to the story with the other DLCs? Could flying mounts be a “thing” in the future?

I guess we will learn more early next week
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on January 6, 2019 3:59PM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bpbucks268 That would be a terrible idea on their part. A lot of people have wanted Elsweyr and Necromancy. Trolling the fanbase would be essentially the same as shooting the these dreams down, then shooting themselves.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax.

Features of Chapter III: Elsweyr will be:

- New zone: Elsweyr

- New "enemies": Dragons

- Overarching plotline throughout all of 2019's releases

I am more intrigued by the idea of a WoW style version of story telling in which spans over the four DLCs rather than independent storys. I love WoW end game storytelling. If ESO tells a new story over an entire year, I would be happy.

Also this brings up a few questions, could the new chapter be released first, like in Q1? Would we continue to get dungeon packs in addition to the story with the other DLCs? Could flying mounts be a “thing” in the future?

I guess we will learn more early next week

Interesting thoughts. I would say a hard no on flying mounts due to mechanical limitations as well as surface area. Zones in ESO save Cyrodiil just aren't that big and you'd be flying into a loading screen every 10 seconds. I could definitely see a big release followed by dungeon packs to tell the story. Only thing is, a lot of the audience now is super casual and doesn't even set foot into dungeons. Would they risk telling the story this way?
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

you do know there has always been necromancers right? Also who cares anymore. I was a lorebitch because morrowind is life. But ever since I realized todd howard doesn't care about *** anymore and ESO is way better than oblivion and skyrim. more stuff, more detail, more caring about people - I don't care. ESO is good. And if there are dragons at this time of era but the khajiit have kept it a secret then I don't care. In skyrim you only meet like 9 khajiits. Those are merchants. who knows what lore the ancient khajiit priests have? Secret caverns and everything. they are also people. and this is actually amazing. Im just bummed out Ill have to make a new character when I just made a new warden main. and if you haven't realized, wardens are druids. and I don't have a problem with that. I learned to accept that this is a DD story. And it is very good.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

theres datamined text to probably for the collectibles menu that say elsweyer gives you access to the necro class specifically
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like ZOS sifted through the forums and just tossed in anything that people were asking for. If it included flying and underwater, the list would be pretty much complete.

How is this information coming out now, considering that none of this should be new information. The last patch was a month ago.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok, HOW IN THE WORLD IS NECROMANCER GOING TO WORK IN PVP......

i already have to deal with warden crap that shouldnt be in this game like perma, am i to now sit and go smoke while some dude controls my recently deceased toon?