Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Maybe they'll add high horses to the crown store just to cater to your false sense of self-righteousness over video game stories.

I agree. It's wrong to be a fan of established lore in any sort of media. With the passing of time and each new addition, everything from the past titles should be forgotten. It's why things like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Witcher, and many other various fantasy outlets failed so miserably. They laughably tried to make a progressive story with solid lore that didn't rewrite itself with each new addition.

Mr. Sapkovki is pretty much unhappy (though "salty" would be more accurate term) with ProjectRed's storyline.... which didn't prevent Witcher 3 to become the best game ever made. ;)

So whatever the matter there are always unhappy people..
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 6, 2019 3:04PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Until another OP class enters the battlefield that does everything better than existing classes and when Paarthurnax greats me to give me quests.

When did this actually happen? Warden isn't OP and Stamden is just OP because of Stamina's overperformance in PvP.
    _______

Oh and dear all, could we get rid of the personal attacks please? This thread is dedicated towards Chapter III related stuff.

Let me tell you about the moment when I was born. I knew back then, that stamina Wardens will reign supreme over Cyrodiil. I anticipiated from the very beginning that Wardens will be stupid broken. And once I saw the leaked abilities, I called it and as I called it so it came. Step into Cyrodiil and behold it.

It's an overpowered class and necromancy will follow its legacy. Why ? Because the chapter must sell. Once the first pvpers tell the stories of how mighty the class is, people are forced to buy the chapter even if they do not directly play the content. ZoS will make sure that class is overperforming nicely in certain areas.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Until another OP class enters the battlefield that does everything better than existing classes and when Paarthurnax greats me to give me quests.

When did this actually happen? Warden isn't OP and Stamden is just OP because of Stamina's overperformance in PvP.
    _______

Oh and dear all, could we get rid of the personal attacks please? This thread is dedicated towards Chapter III related stuff.

I'm done being a negative nancy. I really do hope it makes some kind of sense though. I know those in charge at ZoS and the overall ESO playerbase at this point cares little for lore and that's fine. I'm just a big fan of the world they've created thus far and like to see things that make sense from canonical standpoint. I do like new content though so I'll be happy for now.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saturnana wrote: »
    Considering the specific wording in the game files, I don't think we'll be getting a new class but rather a new skill line.

I think that would make more sense indeed. Otherwise they would have to make 3 skill lines based on necromancy somehow. Seems a bit too much.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering the specific wording in the game files, I don't think we'll be getting a new class but rather a new skill line.

I think that would make more sense indeed. Otherwise they would have to make 3 skill lines based on necromancy somehow. Seems a bit too much.

It does seem a bit much. If their were no sorcerer in this game already, eh, I could maybe see it then. But not with the classes we have now. Just not enough there to make a full class. Could be wrong though.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me tell you about the moment when I was born. I knew back then, that stamina Wardens will reign supreme over Cyrodiil. I anticipiated from the very beginning that Wardens will be stupid broken. And once I saw the leaked abilities, I called it and as I called it so it came. Step into Cyrodiil and behold it.

It's an overpowered class and necromancy will follow its legacy. Why ? Because the chapter must sell. Once the first pvpers tell the stories of how mighty the class is, people are forced to buy the chapter even if they do not directly play the content. ZoS will make sure that class is overperforming nicely in certain areas.

I honestly don't see this happening, Warden for its first year was very underwhelming in all aspects. Stamden just became a thing in 2018 iirc. Warden, during 2017, was quite an unwanted class (and is still in some areas).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer in no target mmo is the worst idea ever
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It does seem a bit much. If their were no sorcerer in this game already, eh, I could maybe see it then. But not with the classes we have now. Just not enough there to make a full class. Could be wrong though.

I would love to see this skillline integrated in the current class/roles. Tanks with undeads? Nice.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would love to see this skillline integrated in the current class/roles. Tanks with undeads? Nice.

Now that is in interesting prospect.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    You lore-nerds are ridiculous. Game should be fun, first and foremost and retconning and lore is par for the course in any online game based off an established IP.

WoW is the perfect example of a game that proved muteable and adaptable over time, and that’s a testament to great design.

This Chapter will be ESO’s WoTLK moment. I guarantee.

In a game where the enforcement of the questionable goals of a lead combat designer for the sake of game fun, is more important than anything else, there is no fun.

The purpose of this game can't be to have fun. All the nerfs we suffered to the most relevant aspect of a game (which is combat) are destroying the fun one patch at a time.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer :heart:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment we're discussing the topic in several different threads but we're missing a comprehensive one so I thought it would be nice to have one huge thread with all the datamining directly presented.

As we learned today, the upcoming Chapter III will take place in Elsweyr. What we know by datamining as of now:

Venture to the land of the Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our newest chapter, an epic story in an all-new zone. Face dread creatures from the past—Dragons!—and discover the dark skills of a new character class, the Necromancer, as you join with new friends and old enemies to save Elsweyr from war and devastation.

ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax.

Features of Chapter III: Elsweyr will be:

- New zone: Elsweyr

- New class: Necromancer

- New "enemies": Dragons

- Overarching plotline throughout all of 2019's releases

KC59wLQ.png

ydIpOPg.png

dragon.png?width=960&height=236

Information directly from UESP Discord. Thanks to all the dataminers and the hard work, really appreciated!

Special thanks to UESP Discord's @Thalmor_Justiciar AKA Smirkmire (I hope you don't mind I put the information together in this thread). He said he's datamining more stuff later that we know what's coming (skills, architecture etc.) - I will keep this thread updated.

If they would redo the cp system and tam one scaling I would come back
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NECROMANCY NECROMANCY NECROMANCYYYYYYYYYY

[The player ParaNostram was found dead at her keyboard, the cause of death? Overexcitement. Somebody send a necromancer to bring her back.]
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Something we could have had with spellcrafting, but the call for a new class was apparently stronger.

I don't really see how this is a good decision on ZOS' part, a new class is useless to all of my existing 15 characters.
    Yes, maybe they'll grant us a new char slot like they did with the Warden, but even so, it doesn't strike me as fun to have to abandon the characters you've played for years to experience new features.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You lore-nerds are ridiculous. Game should be fun, first and foremost and retconning and lore is par for the course in any online game based off an established IP.

WoW is the perfect example of a game that proved muteable and adaptable over time, and that’s a testament to great design.

In a game where the enforcement of the questionable goals of a lead combat designer for the sake of game fun, is more important than anything else, there is no fun.

The purpose of this game can't be to have fun. All the nerfs we suffered to the most relevant aspect of a game (which is combat) are destroying the fun one patch at a time.

When you’re this deep into the game that it’s design choices “offend” you on a profound level, to the point where you’re contstructing conspiracy theories, it’s best to step away. I do, and each time I’m better for it and return with renewed interest.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah the pet system in this game is horrible. I dont think it would function very well at all .
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

There are a few dragons in hidden places of the world. A scarce few. Many dragons fled Skyrim after the Dragon Wars so to any hidden dragon would likely be far from Skyrim. Remind you, some accounts of Tiber Septim's conquest of Tamriel talk of a Red Jewel of his crown, an actual living Dragon that fought for him.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax.

I'm worried about four quarterly releases . What does it mean? All 2019 content will be a one story, so... A dungeon DLC will start it? If so, no start of the story for me...

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dragon.png?width=960&height=236
    What an odd looking dragon, looks like a Murkmire mount
    #MOREORBS
  • Malfious1986
    Malfious1986
    ✭✭✭
    Well I for one am pretty happy at least and I love the lore as well. I think having Elswyer will be a great addition to the game (and I hope it includes both North and South with the forest and desert regions and not just a small fragment) and it will be great to learn more about the kitty cat folk.

As for Dragons, they were about, just so rare that they were of mythical status. They weren't something that would fly about and attack every 15 minutes ala ES:V. There are examples of Dragons in the 2nd era such as in Redguard, with the Grey Beards (Paarthanax) and the one that was eventually caught in Whiterun. Alduin mostly resurrected dragons but some fled the dragon war. Tiber Septim even utilised dragons at the end of the 2nd era. As long as the dragons in the new content aren't popping up everywhere then I won't complain.

As for necromancers, unless you are clad head to toe in worm cult gear (which you can do anyway) how could anyone tell you were a necromancer? Isn't necromancy regarded as just a tool and like any tool can be used for good or ill? I know it was banned during the Oblivion crisis, but it was mentioned several times that for most of the 3rd era it was allowed. It's also allowed in the 4th era. At any point in esos current timeline does it state that necromancy is universally banned in all Tamriel?
    Part of the PS4 EU Guild ESO - Expendable Heroes. Check out our Facebook Page! PSN Lord_Malfious
  • PIEGOD
    PIEGOD
    Super hyped been waiting for a new class....hope its a new class.....I don't worry about balance its already messed just keep going fudge it (can I say that here)
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The best way to achieve that would be if Spellcrafting was introduced, that way each school of magic, and the subschool of Necromancy, could be learned by all of the existing classes.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    I'll hazard a guess that the Dragons will be the equivalent of daedric princes in the previous story arcs - we'll be fighting their minions/agents/cultists while they manipulate behind the scenes. Given the dragon break hinted at in other information, there are all kinds of interesting story/lore possibilities here.

As with anything, much will depend on the details and implementation, but I'm very interested to see necromancy come into the game (although I'd prefer a skill line over a class) and thrilled to finally see Elsweyr.

Abnur Tharn would seem to be the common link here since he ran off with the Amulet of Kings, his daughter is Queen of Rimmen, and he's known to be a powerful necromancer.
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually they are not lore breaking. In Skyrim the Book Atlas of Dragons there were dragons that still survived. Here are the ones that they talk about.

Ahbiilok - Location unknown Lairing somewhere near Morrowind
    Mirmulnir - Survived Brown Dragon Last sighted in the Reach 2E 212
    Nahfahlaar - Survived Red Dragon Last sighted 2E 369, Wayrest. Last known protector was king Casimir II. He escaped and current location is unknown
    Nafaalilargus - Slain - 2E 864 Red Dragon Protector was Tiber Septim 2E863
    Naaslaarum - Survived Revered Dragon Forgotten Vale
    Voslaarum -Survived Revered Dragon Forgotten Vale
    Vulthuryol - Survived Ancient Dragon Blackreach Deep beneath the ruins of Mzinchaleft, Raldbthar, and Alftand

Paarthurnax - Survived Elder Dragon Throat of the world
    Relonikiv - Survived Blood Dragon Apocrypha
    Kruziikrel - Survived Brown Dragon Apocrypha
    Sahrotaar - Survived Serpentine Dragon Apocrypha

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are a few dragons in hidden places of the world. A scarce few. Many dragons fled Skyrim after the Dragon Wars so to any hidden dragon would likely be far from Skyrim. Remind you, some accounts of Tiber Septim's conquest of Tamriel talk of a Red Jewel of his crown, an actual living Dragon that fought for him.

That is true. I was really just hoping it isn't treated like some horde of dragons flying around everywhere and selling me bag upgrades in the streets. :D
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding new stuff... that is great, but how about fixing the existing stuff, countless (yet reported) bugs, lag and performance issue first ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 6, 2019 3:24PM
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding new stuff... that is great, but how about fixing the existing stuff, lag and performance issue first ?

The masses have spoken and that ship has sailed sadly.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you’re this deep into the game that it’s design choices “offend” you on a profound level, to the point where you’re contstructing conspiracy theories, it’s best to step away. I do, and each time I’m better for it and return with renewed interest.

No O.o Why would you think such a thing ?
    Yes, I have stepped away from the game as a result of this. But I am not offended, merely dissapointed and many people are. Who could blaim them ?

My dedication for the franchise has and will never vanish though. That is also why I get upset about it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm excited about the home-sweet-home Elsweyr. ^^ But I do hope that dragons won't be all over the place, that would be so, so, so weird. A runaway dragon hiding in Elsweyr as a trial boss, I can live with (though again I'd prefer something more authentic to khajiit folk), a dragon flying down on one's head every five minutes while strolling warm sands... no.

As for necromancy, I think it would be better off as a skill line, much like they've introduced Psijic one. Though I frankly wonder - if they want undead pets, then they may want to first fix how pets behave in current game content.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »

Actually they are not lore breaking. In Skyrim the Book Atlas of Dragons there were dragons that still survived. Here are the ones that they talk about.

Ahbiilok - Location unknown Lairing somewhere near Morrowind
    Mirmulnir - Survived Brown Dragon Last sighted in the Reach 2E 212
    Nahfahlaar - Survived Red Dragon Last sighted 2E 369, Wayrest. Last known protector was king Casimir II. He escaped and current location is unknown
    Nafaalilargus - Slain - 2E 864 Red Dragon Protector was Tiber Septim 2E863
    Naaslaarum - Survived Revered Dragon Forgotten Vale
    Voslaarum -Survived Revered Dragon Forgotten Vale
    Vulthuryol - Survived Ancient Dragon Blackreach Deep beneath the ruins of Mzinchaleft, Raldbthar, and Alftand

Paarthurnax - Survived Elder Dragon Throat of the world
    Relonikiv - Survived Blood Dragon Apocrypha
    Kruziikrel - Survived Brown Dragon Apocrypha
    Sahrotaar - Survived Serpentine Dragon Apocrypha
    Yeah but if you look at the picture in the OP, none of those really fit the description. This Dragon looks young and very odd
    #MOREORBS