Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Elsweyr. It's in fact the area that would most please me at the moment.
    But the combination of as you said, Elsweyr+Dragons+Necromancy screams aggressive purse assault to me.

ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should. Dragons in Elsweyr is OBVIOUSLY a tool to attract buyers, nothting else.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Maybe they'll add high horses to the crown store just to cater to your false sense of self-righteousness over video game stories.
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Dragons were around during 2nd Era, you're making it up. Second, you walk around with all sorts of Daedric pets as a Sorc, nobody gives a ***. Stop it.
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PuZZuuN.gif
    love is love
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Maybe they'll add high horses to the crown store just to cater to your false sense of self-righteousness over video game stories.

I agree. It's wrong to be a fan of established lore in any sort of media. With the passing of time and each new addition, everything from the past titles should be forgotten. It's why things like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Witcher, and many other various fantasy outlets failed so miserably. They laughably tried to make a progressive story with solid lore that didn't rewrite itself with each new addition.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the next mini trial where we fight a Dragon
    #MOREORBS
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha. I do not like riding horses. Too mundane for myself.
    I think I don't need to be ashamed for saying something when we are facing an obvious cash milk. There have been worse enraged outbursts on the internet whenever established lore is defiled in any game or movie.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Great so we go to cat land to rescue dragons from cats. Cats who hired necromancers to guard them while they steal from the Dragons.

Never trust that which does not blink and hides your stuff.

will the necro class be more stronk than the warden? Or moar nerft than the warden? Will it need summerset skillz?

No this one has learned the lessons of paywall classes.Good for a few PTS iterations and a month of OP gets the cash flowing in. Followed by Nerfs,

so Catland, dragons and undertakers. Wow jumping the shark on the lore.

No thanks.
    I dont have to be here you know
    Edited by Gronk on January 6, 2019 2:51PM
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only lore, but all sanity.
    I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......

I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dogman wrote: »

Dragons were around during 2nd Era, you're making it up. Second, you walk around with all sorts of Daedric pets as a Sorc, nobody gives a ***. Stop it.

There is a big difference here.
    Our daedric summons are enthralled images of actual Daedra. While a necromancer walks by with your dead family member on his side. Please, don't even try telling me this non sense.

Necromancy is far worse, for very obvious reasons. It is despised and that is well known.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......

I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

Yep. I imagine some sort of Diablo Necromancer rip off with an Elder Scrolls spin. Summons, Poisons and something else.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blood related stuff (but Nightblades have that already...)? So it's just "Frost" and "Undead"?

One skill line will be Undead Summoning obviously for pets. One might be for more support oriented skills like Dark Magic and one will be for damage like Stormcalling... well, Necromancers might be quite similar to Sorcerers but who cares.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2019 2:52PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Coolits
    Coolits
    ✭✭✭
    So the cats out of the bag :o
    Edited by Coolits on January 7, 2019 6:07PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. It's wrong to be a fan of established lore in any sort of media. With the passing of time and each new addition, everything from the past titles should be forgotten. It's why things like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Witcher, and many other various fantasy outlets failed so miserably. They laughably tried to make a progressive story with solid lore that didn't rewrite itself with each new addition.

I don't care about your opinion. I just wanted to point out how dumb it is to judge others and put them into categories just because they don't agree with the "lore is sacred" crowd. There is a difference between being a fan and being obnoxious.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What strikes me is that

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Elsweyr. It's in fact the area that would most please me at the moment.
    But the combination of as you said, Elsweyr+Dragons+Necromancy screams aggressive purse assault to me.

ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should. Dragons in Elsweyr is OBVIOUSLY a tool to attract buyers, nothting else.

Lol, some players can never be happy for anything.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What strikes me is that

You too haven't been the happiest person on the forums in the past.
    Someone only invested in combat surely wouldn't understand why all of this is potentially a big deal. Nothing I say will change anything. Yet I'm going to say it anyway, as my personal peace demands it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't care about your opinion. I just wanted to point out how dumb it is to judge others and put them into categories just because they don't agree with the "lore is sacred" crowd. There is a difference between being a fan and being obnoxious.

I agree with you. Judging others and putting them into categories is dumb. Everyone in that "lore is sacred" crowd is obnoxious as hell. Lore should NEVER matter at all when it comes to fantasy games. We are truly the voice of reason for these nerds.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elswyer sounds great but we don't need another class at this point in time I hope its a skill line
    Edited by RebornV3x on January 6, 2019 2:56PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NECROMANCER AAAAAAAAAAAAA

ahem.

We over at UESP will be taking a look into the upcoming PTS files to see if we can extract more tidbits, who knows what we'll find.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you. Judging others and putting them into categories is dumb. Everyone in that "lore is sacred" crowd is obnoxious as hell. Lore should NEVER matter at all when it comes to fantasy games. We are truly the voice of reason for these nerds.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Elswyer sounds great but we don't need another class at this point in time I hope its a skill line
    Why not? Keep the game fresh, it'll be 2 years since we got Warden when this DLC comes out
    #MOREORBS
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the specific wording in the game files, I don't think we'll be getting a new class but rather a new skill line.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What strikes me is that

Someone only invested in combat surely wouldn't understand why all of this is potentially a big deal. Nothing I say will change anything. Yet I'm going to say it anyway, as my personal peace demands it.

ZOS giving more options to enjoy ESO but negativity kills joyness!

So be happy!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 6, 2019 2:57PM
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Disease, Undead Magic and if they are a sload necromancer. water magic fits best.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What strikes me is that

ZOS giving more options to enjoy ESO but negativity kills joyness!

So be happy!

I will be happy, mostly. Until another OP class enters the battlefield that does everything better than existing classes and when Paarthurnax greats me to give me quests.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until another OP class enters the battlefield that does everything better than existing classes and when Paarthurnax greats me to give me quests.

When did this actually happen? Warden isn't OP and Stamden is just OP because of Stamina's overperformance in PvP.
    _______

Oh and dear all, could we get rid of the personal attacks please? This thread is dedicated towards Chapter III related stuff.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr will be probably look like alikir 2.0 just like murkmire looks like shadowfeng. KEK
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf necromancer! B)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You lore-nerds are ridiculous. Game should be fun, first and foremost and retconning and lore is par for the course in any online game based off an established IP.

WoW is the perfect example of a game that proved muteable and adaptable over time, and that’s a testament to great design.

This Chapter will be ESO’s WoTLK moment. I guarantee.