Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Information in this thread found @ UESP Discord and @ Russian fan sites. Thanks to all the dataminers and the hard work, really appreciated!

Special thanks to

@Zelenin
@Arko_Nam_La
@All the others involved to datamine this

At the moment we're discussing the topic in several different threads but we're missing a comprehensive one so I thought it would be nice to have one huge thread with all the datamining directly presented.

As we learned today, the upcoming Chapter III will take place in Elsweyr. What we know by datamining as of now:

Venture to the land of the Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our newest chapter, an epic story in an all-new zone. Face dread creatures from the past—Dragons!—and discover the dark skills of a new character class, the Necromancer, as you join with new friends and old enemies to save Elsweyr from war and devastation.

ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax.

Features of Chapter III: Elsweyr will be:

- New zone: Elsweyr

- New class: Necromancer

- New "enemies": Dragons

- Overarching plotline throughout all of 2019's releases

KC59wLQ.png

ydIpOPg.png

dragon.png?width=960&height=236

Update 1: https://elderscrolls.net/2019/01/06/30234-eso-elsweyr-izobrazheniya-i-podrobnosti/

W9QHku6.png

hB1BWjO.png

8Eo3ULY.png

Update 2: from UESP Discorc

New Baandari Crates: 128px-ON-card-Baandari_Pedlar_Crate_back.png

els.png

Update 3: ZOS Twitter

Box art of the upcoming Chapter: DwfihKvWoAAVAAJ.jpg:large

Abnur Tharn voiceover:

Update 4: UESP Discord

Venture to the land of the Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our newest chapter, an epic story in an all-new zone. Face dread creatures from the past - Dragons! - and discover the dark skills of a new character class, the Necromancer, as you join with new friends and old enemies to save Elsweyr from war and devastation. ESO reaches new storytelling heights with an epic tale told across a Chapter and three DLC game packs.

Pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, the next chapter of ESO, and immediately receive the Rahd-m'Athra Horse Mount. Journey to the home of the Khajiit this June! Explore an all-new zone, battle Dragons, unlock the new Necromancer character class, and more!

Venture to Elsweyr: Explore the savannahs and canyons of the homeland of the Khajiit that's been ravaged by plague and warfare. Can you help the resilient Cat-Folk land on their feet?
Grasp the Power of Necromancy: Wield mastery over life and death with a new character class that unearths the secrets of spirits and the undead and puts their grim power into your hands.
Defend Against Dragons: An ancient horror buried since mythic times has been released, and scaled terror attacks from the skies! You'll need new allies and weapons to take them down.

"Largest of all the furstocks, or ""breeds"" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount."

"Allows you to convert your gear to the Dragon Bone style."

I will keep this thread updated.
Edited by Seraphayel on January 15, 2019 6:00PM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy shiet.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Data mining....

On one hand, it's great to see what is in store for us.

On the other had.... we got the hint with the letter and broken tablet. That would be more fun with hints to see what content we would get.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Niceeeeeeee
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope it's like, just a lot of dragons roaming the countryside in vast numbers. That would stick with the lore of this time period since at this point we're still living under their yoke and haven't had a dragon war type uprising or anything. :/
    Edited by Callous2208 on January 6, 2019 2:26PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheeeeeeee. Everyone shall fear Chunky-Cat the Khajiit stamina necro.

LeL
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My kitty cat's homeland AND dragons.

Too good to be true! Be still my heart...
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    "Venture to the land of the Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our newest chapter, an epic story in an all-new zone. Face dread creatures from the past—Dragons!—and discover the dark skills of a new character class, the Necromancer, as you join with new friends and old enemies to save Elsweyr from war and devastation.

ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax."

Did this text also get datamined, or is it of your own making?
    Regardless, thanks for the work:)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All of this stuff was datamined by very devoted UESP Discord members (as pointed out in the first post). None of this information was datamined or found by me, I just created a summary thread with all the stuff that it's easier to catch up.

I got the information from the forum / UESP Discord channel, don't know how to link Discord as a direct source though.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Thanks, I hate it lol.
    I could get behind some friendly dragon NPCs, some have been allied to Tiber Septim after all. But this is probably going to be silly and steal more thunder from Khajiit - why even set it in Elsweyr at that point.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

All of this stuff was datamined by very devoted UESP Discord members (as pointed out in the first post). None of this information was datamined or found by me, I just created a summary thread with all the stuff that it's easier to catch up.

I got the information from the forum / UESP Discord channel, don't know how to link Discord as a direct source though.

So you datamined the dataminers.

:trollface:
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Not only lore, but all sanity.
    I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

Edited by Dracane on January 6, 2019 2:30PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragons and Necromancers. Just when I think I’m out they pull me back in.

Well played, ZoS. Well played.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like worst Chapter possible.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

So you datamined the dataminers.

:trollface:

I don't want credit where credit's due, that's why I make it clear that I just put together all the information instead of generating or mining it. It's just hard to follow three, four threads we're discussing all these things now, that's why I just wanted to open up a "hub" thread with all available information displayed at the first post. :smile:
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.

Elder Scrolls is a deep lore rich franchise and the folks at ESO always said they cared about that legacy. There are literally a million things within the lore that would make awesome updates and expansions, probably better than this. Sticking to the Elder Scrolls theme and canon was what always set ESO apart from all the ridiculous, over the top, anime wannabee mmo's of poor quality that have flooded the market. But for now, I will wait to see how they implement this.
    Edited by Callous2208 on January 6, 2019 2:36PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG ! Finally kitty homeland.... I can't wait now to venture into Elsweyr :scream:
    Edited by SilverPaws on January 6, 2019 7:05PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - New class: Necromancer

/swoon

Whelp, looks like I'll be buying more char slots, or culling.

/snoopydance

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :O
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing news, giving hope to continue ESO!
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What would be interesting is if upon picking the necromancy class, you were always kill on sight by guards in towns and maybe even by other players. That would be pretty cool since necromancy is pretty much banned in all facets and all regions of Tamriel.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Lul, sorry, I'm not very milkable actually when it comes to games xD
    I just realize that lore is a one or couple guys' fantasy and anything can happen in the imaginary world.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 6, 2019 2:41PM
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    e2b0a808e92cbf6bd22d8cd49b56a49b.jpg
    Edited by Faunter on January 6, 2019 4:36PM
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

I'm just gonna wait for more details. Hoping the "Dragons" part is very few dragons as end of quest or dungeon bosses. There just aren't that many dragons around at this time for a horde of dragons to make any sense. Also having them in Elsweyr seems really odd.