Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe - How to deal with this?

eklhaftb16_ESO
eklhaftb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
s8a8c9l.jpg
TOsiV9a.jpg
V0WoZmH.jpg
uemRTz0.jpg

To sum it up: Sneaking glitches. Walking glitches. Running glitches. Sprinting glitches. Mounting glitches. Standing on even slightly uneven terrain glitches. 1080 crowns. :p

So what would be the best course of action? Demand a refund straight away? Or wait for them to fix it first (for who knows how long, if at all)?

Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe - How to deal with this? 132 votes

Refund now
51%
ZelosJarndycedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOcyberblastSarousseSpacegatoSheezabeastkojouIdinuseHidesFromSunDraxysThe_ShadowbornG1CountdownradiostarRagged_ClawReverbZathrasAkrasjelku5hAliyavana 68 votes
Give them a chance to fix it
29%
JimmyRDMyers65b14_ESOLelldoranoJoker99TanadrielHurbsterbellatrixedjircris11LinaleahAmarladoAdernathSilverwillowLatiosTaleof2CitiesAndarnorSewerFairyebls_BREphemeraCrawfordBomblePantsJhalin 39 votes
Put it in the closet and forget (buyer beware)
16%
otis67NskDenKnootewootstojekarcub18_ESOmalchiorCirithValariaGarishCallous2208socivLArchMikemmcagataygKaraBela94SchmetterfroschMLGProPlayerkadochkaE7216GaunterODimnotyuuWildRaptorXDisturbed125 22 votes
Other
2%
XundiinBananaweedgenius 3 votes
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refund now
    I'd get a refund, then re-purchase later if they fix it. No use keeping an item that is clearly suffering from defects.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to deal with It? Don't buy anything from the store that's any type of robe/dress/gown/anything that goes past the knees.
    They all look horrible, they all perform badly and look unnatural and awful when you move or crouch (stretching/bending rather than 'flowing or sliding') and if you use your mount get ready to cringe/LoL because it'll clip through so badly it'll cut your mount in half.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the genius who designed this is the same one who made the Breton Hero Costume
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    I wonder if the genius who designed this is the same one who made the Breton Hero Costume

LOL!
    To be fair, most things in the game look pretty good. I have a lot of gripes with this game but generally visual design isn't one of them.... except for robe-type clothing/costumes/whatever.
    They all look horrible when doing anything but standing completely still with weapons sheathed.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!
    To be fair, most things in the game look pretty good. I have a lot of gripes with this game but generally visual design isn't one of them.... except for robe-type clothing/costumes/whatever.
    They all look horrible when doing anything but standing completely still with weapons sheathed.
    Most of the robes works well enough, here the issue is either an rigging bug or simply that the top of the boot shows.
    Its obviosly broken as now.

My main issue is shields who grip floats 10 cm out from your hand, why not have an larger grip?
    Understand the need for spacing because of bulky armor but an larger grip even if a bit odd is infinite better than floating shields. If it float magicaly why can I not use an two handed weapon with the shield?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

LOL!
    Most of the robes works well enough, here the issue is either an rigging bug or simply that the top of the boot shows.
    Its obviosly broken as now.

My main issue is shields who grip floats 10 cm out from your hand, why not have an larger grip?
    Understand the need for spacing because of bulky armor but an larger grip even if a bit odd is infinite better than floating shields. If it float magicaly why can I not use an two handed weapon with the shield?

You can use a 2H weapon with a shield, that's called a Buckler and it straps to your forearm ;P
    The reason for most clipping/floating stuff when it comes to armor and gear, especially things like shields on the back, shoulder pauldrons, hip guards and armor pleats, is quite simply slider bars in character creation.
    In games like this, you have two basic options:
    0 customization of your character model; everyone has the exact same height, weight, build, etc and are identical save for topical features like facial features and hair color.
    OR
    You get character sliders and can make your character tall or short, thin or buff, flat or busty, whatever, etc. But you pay for it with inconsistencies of armor clipping or floating because the combination of the millions of possible customization slider setting along with the millions of possible gear and weapon motif combinations, makes it utterly impossible to account for every single scenario.
    Many people will choose option 2, but what they don't realize is that each person has their own idea and valuations on their looks: one person might prefer clipping over floating, another might prefer floating over clipping, a third may prefer floating over clipping but only where weapons are concerned but prefer it the other way with armor.
    Some people might want a ring or a sheath to hold that sword to their characters thigh despite the fact it clips on 90% of the models, others might rather have a floating sword but then complain when their shoulder pauldrons levitate 4 inches above the curiass.
    It's impossible to please everyone xD
    In your case, you might get a bigger grip, but someone else would complain that the grip clips through their character's fingers or wrist.
    *Shrug*
    Edited by LinearParadox on January 4, 2019 3:14PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report on this. We do have some fixes already scheduled for Update 21, but are continuing to work on additional fixes that will help.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown store item = official response.

Nuff said.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report on this. We do have some fixes already scheduled for Update 21, but are continuing to work on additional fixes that will help.

Gina, I hope you guys have seen this also:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/450209/i-love-the-indrik-mount-but-it-seems-to-be-a-bit-top-heavy/p1

There is something really wrong how indrik stands and runs.

Thank you!
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nuff said.

My first thought as well.

I wanted to be appreciative of receiving an official response in general, but the fact that it was for a visual bug on a Crown Store item rather than one of the many performance related threads is pretty disheartening.
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭

Nuff said.

Meanwhile, there isn't a single Mac user anywhere that can play the game without the client crashing every 20-30 minutes. No comment. No ETA. Just a mass player exodus.

#priorities
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »

Nuff said.

My first thought as well.

I wanted to be appreciative of receiving an official response in general, but the fact that it was for a visual bug on a Crown Store item rather than one of the many performance related threads is pretty disheartening.
    On the other hand its an very obvious bug unlike performance issues who can be hard to nail down, last for me was 5 minutes to port into HRC trial from Craglorn, very rare for me and none other in group said they had issues.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    use sandals
    #SavePlayer1
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refund now
    i am impressed, zos fixed crown costumes. thats new.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have IK on? What happens if you turn it off?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »
    use sandals
    boots are integrated into costumes and you don't get this on crafted robes no matter that boots I have tried, yes it might happen on some I have not tried.

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyday 5 + new threads about Cyrodiil Performance and lag. No fix or respond.

Some costume in crown store has a glitch, instant respond.

Really like where this is going.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Refund now
    Zathras wrote: »
    I'd get a refund, then re-purchase later if they fix it. No use keeping an item that is clearly suffering from defects.

This^
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refund now
    Who... who weighted this dress, good grief. That’s super bad. At least a fix is coming...
    But seriously tho, how did this slipped up into the store in that state???? Like, the one who created this mesh
    did they even bothered testing it or just went “lel kewl k done” and round-housed it to the store.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    All clothing and armour needs a tune-up by someone who specializes in wearable mesh objects.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like it and wear it proudly
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very glad that thing has the awful red gems on it to keep me from buying it.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put it in the closet and forget (buyer beware)
    There is a problem where the performance in Cyrodiil is causing my credit card to malfunction and not buy crowns. Please look into this performance issue so I can start spending again. :D

Worth a shot right?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refund now
    hmmm, looks like its pretty bad
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Darloc Brae beast mask put out in October 2017 STILL clips through male lips, more than a year later, despite in-game reports and at least one thread put on the forum....
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refund now
    Refund. Because there's a high probability it either won't be fixed for a long time, or will never be fixed.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refund now
    It also still has that problem where it makes males of certain races have khajiit feet. Looks like somebody just screwed up the leg area altogether lol
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody for your insight. Filed a refund request (and asked them to switch it for another item, which I was planning to buy anyway). Shall see what happens now. ;) (EDIT: Got promptly refunded in full, no trouble at all. Props to the support!)

Yes, I probably shouldn't have bought a long skirt in the first place. But well, to my defense, nothing I've seen from ZOS thus far prepared me for this amount of mess. :p Older skirt models (like daedric light pants) tend to be fairly problem-free (with or without IK), even if they may look kinda funny at times.
    Edited by eklhaftb16_ESO on January 6, 2019 9:39PM
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it. lol

I love your robe lol
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought this set today and was quite surprised at the fact that the coronet does NOT show if you have hide helmets on. Which means it can only be worn with costumes (not even outfits unless we don't equip a helmet at all) that don't have a hat to begin with.

I'm probably more upset that the foreheads of a few of my male characters still clip through the hood of the Elven Hero costume.