The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I love the indrik mount but... it seems to be a bit top heavy

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
QKAA5Zw.png

tried it with a guar, elk and senche also
just an indrik issue

For those not seeing it, the front legs sink into the ground while the back legs float
Edited by NorthernNightmare on December 20, 2018 11:27PM
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too short

other than that it's ugly.

YMMV
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ????
    Indrik?
    I thought it was a dog. All that barking.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are its feet floating? I don't have mine yet but I have noticed the strange way they seem to drift over terrain.

That aside, I can't stop looking at that horse's proportions and screaming.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its neck is thick but it also sits lower on its hind legs (or it would if it wa touching the ground) so the weight is offset

It still looks nicer than all the basic mounts, except the armchair of course, nothing is as a good as a cat
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting to look at and tbh the woof-woof-woof makes me laugh as it sounds like our Great Dane, when he's dreaming BUT it's got that weirdly irritating (to me) side to side rocking motion when it runs. The camels do the same. I'm afraid it's going to look pretty in its Psijic Manor stable, rather than being ridden.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    ????
    Indrik?

@RogueShark
    Who let the indriks out?!
    Woof! woof woof!
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The indrik has a lot of feathers, so it probably is light on its feet... :smile:

The real question is do indriks also have hollow bones?

Playing since beta...
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has really said anything about this because it was the first thing I noticed when I got mine, and honestly it makes me kind of nauseous the way it tilts around when it moves. It's like the collision with the terrain is messed up or something. I did notice it only happens when foot inverse kinematics is off though so maybe that's why I haven't seen many people mention it.
  • Loulong
    Loulong
    ✭✭✭
    It's from the built-up gas in their back end, which is expelled when you sprint.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was noticing this too, except with the front feet. Stand your Indrik near the rock in front of Breda's tent, Rudolph will look like he's floating.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by max_only on December 20, 2018 8:59PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad part is that these bugs are the norm, rather than the exception. Maybe they have all the ESO devs working on crown store stuff, and they borrowed a Fallout 76 dev to work on content.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much trauma about the over-populated event quests to get the mount, and nothing but grief now people have it - plus the usual nonsense about the devs not caring because it's not in the Crown Store. I suppose forums were ever thus! Although, actually, I'm not sure they always were...
    Edited by Tandor on December 20, 2018 9:55PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no photoshop skills, someone PLEASE photoshop the thick neck guy from the memes onto the head of the Indrik! There will be endless mead in Sovngarde for you!!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk I think the others are wierd and indrik is perfect divine creature. Yes ...I am bias, but so adorable. It's cutest thing ever in tàmeriàl.
    Edited by Tasear on December 21, 2018 7:35AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be endless mead in Sovngarde for you!!

I've heard so many cool stories about that place! I'm dying to visit there some day!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    - plus the usual nonsense about the devs not caring because it's not in the Crown Store. I suppose forums were ever thus! Although, actually, I'm not sure they always were...

Crown store always works flawlessly and is updated daily. Game play issues and bugs are rampant and linger for years. Formulate your own conclusions.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this as soon as I got mine - if it's on any kind of slope it's not aligned with the ground so either the front or back legs are too high and don't touch. (This is with the foot kinetics thing turned off, I haven't tried with it on because I stopped using it due to so many characters and mounts legs bending at weird angles.)

I think it's a problem with the angle it's standing at rather than the legs actually being too short, it's like it needs to be rotated slightly so it's at the same angle as the ground. I have no idea how that could happen, but computers do all kinds of weird things.

Hopefully it will be fixed at some point.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    - plus the usual nonsense about the devs not caring because it's not in the Crown Store. I suppose forums were ever thus! Although, actually, I'm not sure they always were...

Crown store always works flawlessly and is updated daily. Game play issues and bugs are rampant and linger for years. Formulate your own conclusions.
    Crown store items also has plenty of issues, most obvious ones is expensive stuff who is just quick and dirty recolors, up to outright bugs like the owl mask on Khajiit
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    THAT explains why the forelegs are always bent for me! I keep IK on, and those bent forelegs even on a level surface have been driving me batty! It IS tilted!!

ZOS, please level the Indrik mount for us, the poor thing is slowly faceplanting. xD Just a few degrees back on the X plane if you will.
    Edited by Minyassa on December 20, 2018 11:52PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Just a few degrees back on the X plane if you will.

That would never work, as my Indrik is already doing a wheelie, rather than a stoppie!

ZK8przO.png
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like always, guys who were lazy to complete easiest events, now call this amazing hybrid of dog and deer awful and shrugging etc.. regret for own laziness? Bugs or not, it's texture quality, sound and how animation fits are top notch.

I hear all the same about crystal frost skin.. "i won't make those dailys for ugly skin, though i somehow got and sold all my writs, and now i can't get new ones, can you sell me few for a cheap price, they are common now yeah?"
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shares the same issue as the bear mounts. The pronounced up and down motion when riding it makes me absolutely nauseous. :/
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Zorrin the camels have that same irritating side to side rocking when you ride. They can keep the Indarik company in my stables. Don't get me wrong though, it may not be practical to ride but I still intend to farm the berries to pretty it up. It's weird but amusing and free. Never let it be said that I looked a gift Indarik in the mouth.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on December 21, 2018 7:27AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like always, guys who were lazy to complete easiest events, now call this amazing hybrid of dog and deer awful and shrugging etc.. regret for own laziness? Bugs or not, it's texture quality, sound and how animation fits are top notch.

I hear all the same about crystal frost skin.. "i won't make those dailys for ugly skin, though i somehow got and sold all my writs, and now i can't get new ones, can you sell me few for a cheap price, they are common now yeah?"

So we're not supposed to point out that there's a bug, because the rest of it is ok?

What if that logic was applied to other things? Should ZOS only fix bugs which make the game literally unplayable because as long as it looks and sounds nice it doesn't matter that it's not working properly?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    ????
    Indrik?

It might not exactly be "barking". https://www.montanadecoy.com/news/elk-sounds-of-the-season

In the beginning there was a glitch I called "wheelie cows"; I noticed in Bleakrock the cows all had their back feet in the ground and front feet in the air....then there were the verticrabs with all the legs on one side in the ground and the others in the air..... These things have improved, thank the Divines.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly think they're quite ugly IMO.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much trauma about the over-populated event quests to get the mount, and nothing but grief now people have it - plus the usual nonsense about the devs not caring because it's not in the Crown Store. I suppose forums were ever thus! Although, actually, I'm not sure they always were...

Lazy narratives will always be thing...unfortunately...
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest it's the floating that I like about it ... Just wish all four would float ...

Together with my santa outfit and me on my indirik mount I get to feel super christmassy at a time of year I normally hate
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even at the character screen you can see the back legs off the ground. When the mount is in a gallop, you can see the effect of the back legs not touching the ground, from a side on view.
    Edited by phairdon on December 21, 2018 10:28PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)