Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate The New Life Festival for Bonus Rewards & XP!"

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wished they would talk about Direfrost keep II ( yeah I know, l keep talking about this dungeon in all my comments :P )
    because it fit with the theme.... I mean ... We are getting so much ice themed thing like Motif (Frostcaster), mounts ( sabre cat frost atronach and ice wolf ), pets ( ice wolf pup, ice nixad ), outfits styles ( iceheart arms pack), furnishings, house ( snowball), hats ... Why not a dungeon ?

If you want to learn more about it, the link is in my signature. Or click on the image.

181212065222727393.png
    Edited by Apherius on December 12, 2018 5:55PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    @Jayne_Doe Vendors do sell some green plans.

@thatlaurachick Which vendors? I've never seen anything better than white, except of course, for the Psijic vendor on Artaeum.

ETA: Unless it's a recent addition in preparation for this event? Also, I haven't looked at vendors in a while, but when Homestead first launched, the only vendors I could find recipes on were some of the crafting vendor NPCs, as the article mentions. Has their stock been updated?

IIRC all of them sell at least one green. Recent addition in the last year.

True. You can see pics of the "inventories" of traders here, so you can see which vendor you have to visit for a specific plan for the Writs:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-life-festival-guide/#skin
    Alcast used pictures from Rawl'Kha as examples, but you can go to any Carpenter/clothier/Blacksmith in any city.

Thank you both! I had no idea that they'd started selling green recipes. Obviously, it's been a while since I visited any of them, since I already had what they offered when Homestead launched.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kayla7795 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the writs be bankable? Can we do more than one writ per day?

Also, details on the Indrik/feather/berries mechanic would be nice.
    They have already stated they can be traded, sold and banked before you read one just like master writs, which also means there wouldnit be a limit on how many you can do in a day
    Also the in game tutorial has some pretty good details about the indrik/feather/berries mechanic
    There is going to be basically four types of berry collections each with four unique berries, it looks like dawnwood will be the first, so once you get the 4 different dawnwood berries you will be able to evolve your base indrik to a dawnwood indrik, this will “consume” your base indrik and you will need a new base indrik (another set of 4 feathers) if you want one of the other evolutions

This is why I bought extra feathers with my extra tickets. I saw several posts by players saying that they were done with an event because they had bought the new feather and so just stopped earning more once they got to the cap. What they should have done is bought as many feathers as they could with the extra tickets. I've got all three of the released feathers, plus an extra of the first 2. It'll take me an extra 4 days to get my base Indrik mount, but I'll already have 2 toward the next one and since we can earn 20 tickets, I can buy at least one additional feather toward my second base Indrik mount and have 6 left for the first berry.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    kayla7795 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the writs be bankable? Can we do more than one writ per day?

Also, details on the Indrik/feather/berries mechanic would be nice.
    They have already stated they can be traded, sold and banked before you read one just like master writs, which also means there wouldnit be a limit on how many you can do in a day
    Also the in game tutorial has some pretty good details about the indrik/feather/berries mechanic
    There is going to be basically four types of berry collections each with four unique berries, it looks like dawnwood will be the first, so once you get the 4 different dawnwood berries you will be able to evolve your base indrik to a dawnwood indrik, this will “consume” your base indrik and you will need a new base indrik (another set of 4 feathers) if you want one of the other evolutions

What colour is dawnwood ? When is white getting released?
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the writs quests, where do you pick the quests up? And is it once per day? Trying to get that skin during the event.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quests come from Breda, in the tent in Eastmarch. There are 9 distinct repeatable quests, and any character can do all 9 in one day if you care to do so. From what's been said, the charity writs will drop randomly in the award boxes for the daily quests. Similar to craft master writs, once opened these trigger their own quest.
    Edited by kringled_1 on December 12, 2018 9:50PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the charity writ drop rate is influenced by your level of crafting achievements like master writs?
    It's likely that the system for charity writs is an identical clone of the master writ system. Anyone do any testing on drop rate influencing factors on PTS?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • grim_jester
    grim_jester
    ✭✭
    Random is to random.
    I have played three characters through on Xbox and two characters through on PC for two days in a row now and have not even so much is one Writ. I have barely even gotten any motifs. Yet on day 2 of the event I am seeing people running around with the new skin already. And trying to sell writs for 50k each. I think this should be fixed. I cannot just sit and grind all day for this on two different systems. I really have a problem with this “random” stuff and not getting any real reward.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran I got 0 new life writs on my crafter so far. The 2 I got in the last 3 days were both on my pvp character.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit had five of her apprentices enjoy all the quests and they brought home not one writ.

So then this one made an offering to Dibella at Claws Temple Spa Resort.

Two writs in a row followed.

So take your offerings to the temple perhaps yes and do not forget the collection plate on the way out.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Rowantree
    Rowantree
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the writs will be able to be used to get the skin AFTER the event is over? I.e. are people going to want them later in the year?