Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate The New Life Festival for Bonus Rewards & XP!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
a5f0ae3dd4024d9996616634e00c7b90.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Celebrate The New Life Festival for Bonus Rewards & XP blog article.

Earn bonus rewards, get double XP, and celebrate the end of the year in style during the New Life Festival. Learn about all the quests, collectibles, Achievements, and more you can enjoy during this end-of-year event!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, performing this good deed is its own reward, but in addition to a philanthropic sense of satisfaction, if you complete 12 Charity Writs on a single character, you’ll unlock the “Newly Charitable” Achievement, granting you the incredible Crystalfrost skin!

Waaaaaaait a minute.

Isn't that the original Warden ice shield skin thingy?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question - are these charity writs character bound or can you hand them to your apprentices so they can be charitable on your behalf perhaps?

Like with the other writs.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • upari
    upari
    ✭✭✭
    Question - are these charity writs character bound or can you hand them to your apprentices so they can be charitable on your behalf perhaps?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ibxcur5uy7i7.jpg

Maybe that answers to ur questuon
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    upari wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ibxcur5uy7i7.jpg

Cannot be traded or sold - this one will then assume she can pass it to her apprentices unless it is said otherwise.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best looking skin in the game: earned through writs

Love it. Thank You!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ibxcur5uy7i7.jpg

Cannot be traded or sold - this one will then assume she can pass it to her apprentices unless it is said otherwise.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yeah, I'd guess it would say backpack bound if it could not be traded to your apprentices!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    You are welcome to trade the New Life Charity Writs, much like with Master Writs. If you accept the quest associated with the Writ, at that point it is no longer tradeable. Hope that helps!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on December 11, 2018 4:33PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice holiday occupation and cool rewards :)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ibxcur5uy7i7.jpg

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Without checking, that's the same wording as master writs. So, should be, you can trade them to other players until you actually use the writ.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ibxcur5uy7i7.jpg

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Without checking, that's the same wording as master writs. So, should be, you can trade them to other players until you actually use the writ.

@starkerealm Look 2 posts above yours bud ;) Super confirmation.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an ice little elf from PTS ;)

EVYjSlv.jpg
    PC EU
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEED. TO. HAVE. THIS. SKIN.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad that the Snowglobe home isn't availble for gold with achievement, like Coven Cottage.

Happy for new writs and pretty skin.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ibxcur5uy7i7.jpg

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

@starkerealm Look 2 posts above yours bud ;) Super confirmation.

I have returned with coffee and situational awareness. I'll still probably blunder into threads and state the blindingly obvious though, because I don't think coffee can save me there. >.<

Thanks.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was excited to see the furnishing writs and skin... But getting a writ is just a chance and non sellable.

So there's a chance I can do all quests on each character every day and still not get 12 of them to do?

NM, I see they are sellable.
    Edited by Runs on December 11, 2018 5:49PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will the hairstyle pictured with the crystalfrost skin also be available? I've been waiting a long while for something like that

Edit: that's the type of hairstyle I hoped would have come with the Barbarian Warrior Pack.
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on December 11, 2018 5:52PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The article says:

If you don’t have the recipe required to craft the writ, visit the relevant crafting vendor to pick it up.

So I would assume that means the white plans that several of the NPC merchants sell. However, looking at a post above with pictures of these writs, some of them appear to be green ones. Green plans aren't purchasable from "relevant crafting vendors," and players will instead have to hunt guild traders for them. This isn't that big of a deal, since many of us already have them and lots of green plans are usually for sale pretty cheap, but new players will still have to hunt them down and may not know where to find them.

ETA: I couldn't care less about the skin, but I'll still do it for the achievement and just to do something new during this Festival. Too bad that the skin is the only new collectible we're getting.

It'll also be interesting to see how many people will be on Indriks the first day of the event. I have to earn 4 more tickets before I can get my last feather, since I've been buying duplicates of the previous feathers (for bonus sweepstakes entries and to get a head start on earning additional Indrik mounts), since we can't hold on to more than 12 tickets at a time.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 11, 2018 6:59PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe Vendors do sell some green plans.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will the hairstyle pictured with the crystalfrost skin also be available? I've been waiting a long while for something like that

Edit: that's the type of hairstyle I hoped would have come with the Barbarian Warrior Pack.

It's definitely possible in the future. We're discussing what work is needed in order to release it to players. (Fun fact: It's actually King Jorunn's hairstyle!)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a similar hair style for ladies, a viking/grounders type hairstyle with braids, hopefully we can have that happen too :)
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's definitely possible in the future. We're discussing what work is needed in order to release it to players. (Fun fact: It's actually King Jorunn's hairstyle!)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom ah, thank you. It's a must have!
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could you guys make sure it retains its hair physics? So far all of the Crown Store hairstyles and bears have been incredibly stiff, unlike base game ones which do move. The Patriarch Beard shouldn't be jutting forward when my character sticks his head back.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@thatlaurachick Which vendors? I've never seen anything better than white, except of course, for the Psijic vendor on Artaeum.

ETA: Unless it's a recent addition in preparation for this event? Also, I haven't looked at vendors in a while, but when Homestead first launched, the only vendors I could find recipes on were some of the crafting vendor NPCs, as the article mentions. Has their stock been updated?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 11, 2018 9:57PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That will make the roleplayers happy! I know there's at least one player who really wanted that hairstyle and beard.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the writs be bankable? Can we do more than one writ per day?

Also, details on the Indrik/feather/berries mechanic would be nice.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • kayla7795
    kayla7795
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the writs be bankable? Can we do more than one writ per day?

Also, details on the Indrik/feather/berries mechanic would be nice.
    They have already stated they can be traded, sold and banked before you read one just like master writs, which also means there wouldnit be a limit on how many you can do in a day
    Also the in game tutorial has some pretty good details about the indrik/feather/berries mechanic
    There is going to be basically four types of berry collections each with four unique berries, it looks like dawnwood will be the first, so once you get the 4 different dawnwood berries you will be able to evolve your base indrik to a dawnwood indrik, this will “consume” your base indrik and you will need a new base indrik (another set of 4 feathers) if you want one of the other evolutions
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

@thatlaurachick Which vendors? I've never seen anything better than white, except of course, for the Psijic vendor on Artaeum.

ETA: Unless it's a recent addition in preparation for this event? Also, I haven't looked at vendors in a while, but when Homestead first launched, the only vendors I could find recipes on were some of the crafting vendor NPCs, as the article mentions. Has their stock been updated?

IIRC all of them sell at least one green. Recent addition in the last year.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of a 50% discount on Crowns this year like we had last year?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skin looks way too good. :) This will be the new Psijic Body Tattoo.
    Edited by Dracane on December 12, 2018 11:03AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

IIRC all of them sell at least one green. Recent addition in the last year.

True. You can see pics of the "inventories" of traders here, so you can see which vendor you have to visit for a specific plan for the Writs:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-life-festival-guide/#skin
    Alcast used pictures from Rawl'Kha as examples, but you can go to any Carpenter/clothier/Blacksmith in any city.
    Edited by Svenja on December 12, 2018 4:27PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer