The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted Celebration Event Follow-up

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, they made a statement. A statement and a temp fix that could have been implemented prior to the event.

I mean, they knew about the group finder issues since it birth. So, let's all kiss up because they made a post about something they should have done before the event.

That's bad business and an I don't give a crap attitude. But hey, Xanmeer crown crates, buy them up dummies
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Pixiedav wouldn't a better solution have been to listen to the complaints about group finder from last year and actually make sure it worked properly for this year's event?

We screwed up again and didn't listen to feedback from people actually doing the event! Here, here's some mystery boxes with some jute in them!
    Edited by MajBludd on December 10, 2018 12:32PM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good move from you @ZOS. I applaud you.
  • zeonchao
    zeonchao
    Soul Shriven
    Well done on admitting the issue and offering a solution!

Thumbs up to the team and keep it up!
  • Crusism
    Crusism
    ✭✭
    Greatly Appreciated. <3

Thank You! :D
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours.

Unluckily phrasing. This means, ZOS has ignored hundreds of bug-reports within the last year.

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for this. I look forward to the next event. :)
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    See this @ZOS_GinaBruno? This is how a Community Manager can successfully get its player base engaged and excited about continuing to play the game despite ongoing issues. Look at how the forum members responded in this thread, compared to the now-closed Jay Z Bruno thread. Night and day difference and what a difference tact can make! Even tho the problem remains, active engagement and thoughtful communication like we saw from the OP in this thread, instead of poorly-made jokes like what we saw in your recent patch release thread, give an impression that the ZoS teams are doing something. Anything. If the community is upset about something, it’s not so much the joke but rather the approach to something the community is upset about and the lack of substantive communication to address said frustration. After all, with any action there has to be an equal and opposite one. Jokes are great, but knowing your audience is better. Looking forward to hearing more updates! Thanks ZOS!
    Edited by stuff12002 on December 11, 2018 4:34PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man. I could never be a community manager. It must be freaking exhausting to have people tell you how to do your job all day long. The sanctimonious tagging of the mods with "this is how you do your job" does no good when decisions like this are not in their hands.

This event was a mess; it merits someone higher up making a public statement. That's basic PR. Don't throw Gina under the bus because she wasn't the one to post the update.
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    Communication and the diplomatic act of it are completely decisions which fall in their hands, as Community. Managers. I don’t doubt it’s hard to bridge the gap between dev gafs and translating or delivering the news to the community. But if the shoe doesn’t fit... then why wear it.

Edit: my post isn’t to say she should have been or she’s deficient for not having been the one to announce; it’s a self-aware critique of the patterned communication issues from Gina that have been peppered all over forum issues. Productive? No. But this is a forum where forum-member productivity isn’t even the intention. It’s a place to express views on unarchived and still-open threads, in large part. Aka - a forum.
    Edited by stuff12002 on December 11, 2018 5:40PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the better way to do this is:

What changes would you make in how the community managers handled this issue?

They engaged with the community, gathered information, acknowledged the issues, acted as an intermediary between devs working on the issue and the community while fixes were applied. One example thread - scroll through the dev replies for their updates. They took it seriously; no jokes were made during our frustration.

Beyond that, I suppose they could have apologized. Frankly, I'd rather hear that from someone who can effect change, top-down, and make a promise to do so.

And, to restate, I do not believe the decision to reimplement the loot boxes was in the hands of the community managers, so we cannot point to that and say "this is how you excite your playerbase." It's not a tool in their toolbox.

So, again, how would you have them change how they handled this issue?

Our community is so quick to shoot the messenger. The mods here are our best door into ZOS; they facilitate two-way communication between the community and the game developers. Could that be done better? Always. But we need to treat them with civility. If we treat them like crap, why would they bother advocating for us?
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know when New Life Festival starts?
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55405

Thursday at 10am Eastern.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55405

Thursday at 10am Eastern.
    Ah, okay!
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuff12002 wrote: »
    See this @ZOS_GinaBruno? This is how a Community Manager can successfully get its player base engaged and excited about continuing to play the game despite ongoing issues. Look at how the forum members responded in this thread, compared to the now-closed Jay Z Bruno thread. Night and day difference and what a difference tact can make! Even tho the problem remains, active engagement and thoughtful communication like we saw from the OP in this thread, instead of poorly-made jokes like what we saw in your recent patch release thread, give an impression that the ZoS teams are doing something. Anything. If the community is upset about something, it’s not so much the joke but rather the approach to something the community is upset about and the lack of substantive communication to address said frustration. After all, with any action there has to be an equal and opposite one. Jokes are great, but knowing your audience is better. Looking forward to hearing more updates! Thanks ZOS!

Never mind Diddums... there there
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    Your time spent assumed I was trying to accomplish anything.

Actually, after reading through ur reply it seems you’re assuming a lot; Jesus. I don’t care about the loot boxes or the broken activity finder nor did I say anything of the sort. My post commented on *how* the mods and especially those wearing the title of Community Manager or the like, communicate to their stakeholders. Not gonna take the bait and derail my commentary from anything other than that, and what I stated originally. The OP did this and it moved mountains, from my sole perspective. And judging by the excited posts of other forum members, it seems I am not the only one who appreciates the proactive and thoughtful communication on an *consistent* basis, when other ZOS folks like Gina have struggled to do so. The ask from me and thousands of other fans is for the media and community teams at ZOS (and not just one dev here and there on occasion) communicate and communicate thoughtfully and consistently. Period.
    Edited by stuff12002 on December 11, 2018 6:53PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was that Rich is not a community manager. This post is a prepared statement by a company/game director versus the inline, just-in-time replies of a mod. They shouldn't be compared.

Fwiw - I, too, am one of the thankful; check the very first reply on this thread. Beyond that, I think we're not on the same wavelength here and probably won't be. Best to stop trying. Have fun out there.
  • Vanidil
    Vanidil
    Soul Shriven
    Fantastic! Thanks so much!!
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DenniMyuu wrote: »
    Why not just skip the Activity Finder for the Undaunted event and make the box drop from the daily pledges hand-in next year?

This.

It also fixes Fungal Grotto issue some people had.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for this! Much obliged!

I have a question about the Indrik mounts that's sort of a tangent to this. Will there be opportunities to acquire more feathers in future events?*

*I started too late and also couldn't get event tickets to drop reliably during the Undaunted Event.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I got was an unwanted email advertisement for a code to claim a discount of a item, that in itself, is more advertising.

This discussion really just demonstrates that:
    Act inappropriately and apologise later, really isn't a successful strategy for anything. So:
    • I will continue to not subscribe.
    • I will now add not participating in these nerfed events as well.
    When ZOS can demonstrate that they have stopped treating their customers like idiots, I'll reconsider spending more money with them.

I have the CP passive that grants "a higher value item" to treasure chest loot.
    Can some one please explain:
    • Why many chests were dropping on only one item plus gold?
    • That one item was a generic, green "inferno staff of absorb magica (powered)"
    So, what exactly would be considered a lesser loot item?

The attitude of this Company towards its paying customers is continuing to be astoundingly poor.
    Edited by Androconium on December 12, 2018 10:00PM
  • goaway
    goaway
    ✭✭
    I am honestly impressed. This is an excellent and very satisfying solution to the serious issues that plagued the Undaunted event. I honestly did not even think those issues would be addressed, let alone this well. Thank you, ZoS for this. I had a very bitter taste in my mouth over the Undaunted event issues but that's now gone, since I'll be able to get all the Mysterious Reward Boxes I missed out on during the New Life Festival. That's not sarcasm, by the way.

Thank you and great job! Awesome solution! I am very happy. :smiley:
    Some people list all their characters here.
    I have a lot of them.
    Hello, my name is GoAway and I am an altaholic.

Have a super day
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. it's like we f-ed up and f-ed up again, and we can't seem to get it right.. but, here's a consolation prize for your trouble. Oh Lord, what else will be plaguing New Life Festival?!! Same crapshoot as last year and the year before and the years before that. Goodness, the game is going back into convulsion again already and crashing and lagging galore; just in time for the New Life Festival. Damn, every damn time almost I swap bars, my toon freezes for a moment, and then can't figure out what weapon I got out.

However, thank you for taking notice. Even though, you guys in the developing/designing team and ZOS, in general, get a lot of flack and shitt, it is a damn expansive game. Thus, I give you guys kudos for such creation; even though, you all can't seem to get shitt right and keep breaking shitt week after week, year after years. It is still an interesting game and surpass many games I have played prior. You guys deserve praises for there.

Oh.. another thing.. why you guys killed sorc?!! You all gave in to all those asses beaattcchhing and whining about how OP sorc is. Tis.. tis..
    Edited by GreenhaloX on December 13, 2018 2:54PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    4 crash's, 3 disconect - no reason...in 1 night.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks that is really cool to do it like that.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get the special rewards from the extra reward box? Or just the motif level rewards.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Anyone get the special rewards from the extra reward box? Or just the motif level rewards.

I got Karthwolf Shepherd pet
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bone dragon pet still eludes me.......

:s
    PC EU
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    The bone dragon pet still eludes me.......

:s

Oh no! I had it unlock on one of my accounts and I thought of you. Keep trying! Lots of time left!
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuff12002 wrote: »

Wow...just...wow.... out of respect for Gina and all they do and put up with...I’ve decided to Moderate my own post and just say....
    Beep!
This discussion has been closed.