The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted Celebration Event Follow-up

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys do realize that this event doesn't require the group finder right? If you're having trouble with it just form the group manually.
    Options
  • Blackers
    Blackers
    ✭✭✭
    vactory wrote: »
    Blackers wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this, but just as an idea for the undaunted event, why not just make the reward boxes drop from the final bosses in group dungeons/trails?

In comparison to the other events over the last 3 weeks, the amount of boxes we can get per day is far less.

Why would you get the same amount?

Not saying you would, just that you would be getting more than you currently are, which isn't many.
    MagBlade / Templar Healer (PC/EU/DC)
    Options
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

Just a reminder.
    Because we remember.

Just to add.

This was posted December 2018 its now april 2019 1 week from May, and there still hasnt been any details, quit counting the mountains of cash that you keep mugging from players and fix the damn group finder.
    Options
  • MyGTX
    MyGTX
    ✭✭✭
    JOvDV_Gcm0w.jpg
    like a zooooos
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

Just a reminder.
    Because we remember.

While I'm not excusing the fact that ZOS really should have had this fixed last year (after claiming they'd thought it was fixed hurr durr), this week's event doesn't require the use of the LFG tool. Just get a group together from friends, Guildies, or randoms, and port into/walk into the dungeons.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    You guys do realize that this event doesn't require the group finder right? If you're having trouble with it just form the group manually.

I am pretty sure most see the semantics Zos has put into play here. Then again, Zos did lie to is in this thread when they said they thought they fixed it after almost a year of our threads clearly pointing out that the fix did nothing.
    Options
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 this thread gets locked cause you idiots thought it was a good idea to respond to a thread that hasn't been active in months.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 this thread gets locked cause you idiots thought it was a good idea to respond to a thread that hasn't been active in months.

Why? the problem is still extant. We should start a new thread why?
    Options
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Why? the problem is still extant. We should start a new thread why?

Cause that would be more practical than beating a dead thread? Especially one that is about a different event entirely.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *applause*

Awesome and relevant necro xD
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As most of you know, the recently completed Undaunted Celebration Event in ESO was plagued with Activity Finder issues. We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours. This led to a really frustrating experience for many of you, so we are going to address the situation by making Mysterious Reward Boxes available during the New Life festival, which starts soon.

This is the way it will work: A Mysterious Reward Box will be given as a bonus reward for completing your first New Life daily quest each day, per account. This means that the first New Life Festival daily you complete on your account will grant one New Life Reward Box, one Event Ticket, and one Mysterious Reward Box. This should help grant you the rewards that you couldn't get through the Activity Finder.

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it.
    Stay tuned for details on that.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

Last year after this very same event You guys made this promise. You know full well you cannot test this properly on the PTS and that usage during an event puts significantly more stress on the servers than it does during normal peak time. Hence any reasonable mind would know they were not 100% sure the GF would not be a problem.

As such I find it odd that a stress test on live was not done before using it for an event. I am sure you have a logical explanation which is why I am replying in this thread.
    Options
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    As most of you know, the recently completed Undaunted Celebration Event in ESO was plagued with Activity Finder issues. We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours. This led to a really frustrating experience for many of you, so we are going to address the situation by making Mysterious Reward Boxes available during the New Life festival, which starts soon.

This is the way it will work: A Mysterious Reward Box will be given as a bonus reward for completing your first New Life daily quest each day, per account. This means that the first New Life Festival daily you complete on your account will grant one New Life Reward Box, one Event Ticket, and one Mysterious Reward Box. This should help grant you the rewards that you couldn't get through the Activity Finder.

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it.

Last year after this very same event You guys made this promise. You know full well you cannot test this properly on the PTS and that usage during an event puts significantly more stress on the servers than it does during normal peak time. Hence any reasonable mind would know they were not 100% sure the GF would not be a problem.

As such I find it odd that a stress test on live was not done before using it for an event. I am sure you have a logical explanation which is why I am replying in this thread.

It is a shame how there was zero progress in over a full year, isn't it?
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a shame how there was zero progress in over a full year, isn't it?

Yes, but not surprised. This is the third year there have been issues. Last year Rich claimed they thought they had fixed it in the OP. That seemed odd to me since that entire year the forums were filled with threads detailing how the GF was not fixed. Either they ignored our feedback or outright lied. I do not know which is worse.

I do not blame Rich though. His boss would have directed how to approach the situation then and now. Heck, even the OP of this thread was probably signed off on by Matt Firor himself.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it'll be the same at the end of 2020, too.
    Options
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭

You gotta be kidding... "Never happened before and here it is again".
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it almost borderline insane that they had to disable a huge and major feature, the *NEW* 2019 LFG tool this year until they can hopefully figure it out, going on after the 3rd time in 24h that both PC NA and EU were taken offline. Plese ZoS, do something for real! FIX this or think about selling the IP to another company who can. We don't want to lose this game due to the state it's in. Hard to believe 5 years on, this is what ESO has become. Can the engine handle it, can the servers handle it, can the team handle it? Time to re-evaluate EVERYTHING. At this point, it's pretty obvious that these issues are neglected, and on low-priority to correct and/or the team has no idea what to fix.

/rant
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on October 27, 2019 6:30PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • HybrisCross
    HybrisCross
    ✭✭✭

awesome digging , but essential ^^

responsibles people would reply to you, so don't have hope to ^^
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from the beautiful artwork, this game is sure getting ugly. From the combat team's nonsensical super-nerf vision, which is truly clueless as to what players actually enjoy, to never-ending issues with fundamental game structures, not only do things not get fixed, but they get worse. This has the hallmark of people who are in over their head. From top to bottom, incompetency has become the norm. Talk to anyone to plays. It's now what we expect.
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Not to mention they decided it was a good idea to release a major patch, new DLC, and hold an event ALL in the same week without even TESTING the new LFG tool live beforehand. I am not at all surprised things turned out the way they are now. They really need to organize release, event, and patching schedules to say the least.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not gonna held another event with the lfg tool until it's fixed.

*Group tool is dead.*

Let's hope no one will remember that we said this... :tongue:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man... this was the first improvement fix announced and it exploded in their faces...
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But someone from ZOS Gina,Jessica,etc with a statement of the usual and most players will fall over themselves for thanking them for doing nothing 😂😭🤣
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the team that programmed the 2019 LFG was the same team that programmed the last Fallout 76 patch :neutral::open_mouth:

Do they not have any internal testers? I work in Health Service Improvement here in AUS so I know what's involved but I just don't see the checks being done.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do they not have any internal testers?

The Onyx Indrik morph crash suggests they still don't. Or it's somehow not the same as in the live environment.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whoa necro
    Edited by D0PAMINE on October 27, 2019 10:41PM
    Options
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    whoa necro

But still relevant - the information is not outdated and so justified
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa necro

What? To anyone who has paid attention the past two years knows how relevant a thread created by Rick on this subject just a few updates ago really is. Seems odd to cry necro for this thread on this subject this week. LOL
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whoa necro

What? To anyone who has paid attention the past two years knows how relevant a thread created by Rick on this subject just a few updates ago really is. Seems odd to cry necro for this thread on this subject this week. LOL

My post before was commenting on the first post from Dec 2018. I didn't notice the date on the first post so I edited my original to poke fun at myself.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa necro

My post before was commenting on the first post from Dec 2018. I didn't notice the date on the first post so I edited my original to poke fun at myself.

AHH. lol
    Options
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the idiot comment on this thread to complain about the idiots who comment on this thread...
    Edited by Chicharron on October 28, 2019 2:48AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.