Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Essential Housing Tools just got a brand new, easy-to-use feature to help make your homes even more customized and unique...
Essential Effects(tm) (BETA)

With a few clicks you can add any of these custom, 3D visual effects anywhere in your home:
Fireflies
Funnel Clouds
Glass Windows
Ice Sheets
Water (Calm & Aquarium)
Whirlpools
and many, many more in future updates...

Here's a TL;DR demo of some of these effects in action:
https://youtu.be/ZkqBz3J0HjQ

...and here's the Tutorial Video that explains how to use Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) in your home today with the latest release of Essential Housing Tools:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8JpvZg79uI

Please keep in mind that the new Essential Effects(tm) feature is in BETA and visual effects, animations and the editor controls are subject to change until Essential Housing Tools 9.0.0 is released. Also, please keep in mind that, for now, only you will see Essential Effects placed in the home; however, other players will be able to see these effects with an upcoming release of Essential Housing Tools.

Enjoy and, as always, any and all feedback is welcome.
Essential Housing Tools. Get it if you don't got it. If you've got it... you get it.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. This is like magic in real life. You can throw fireballs at other people and nobody will see it except you.

Now, on a serious note: this is incredible! Oh my god. All the possibilities. Too bad I have no time.
    Are there any limits? How much processing power do these animations use?

And I think you are already awesome enough. I'll give you insightful instead.
    Because it is quite insightful to know, what we actually lack in our vanilla homestead functionality
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on December 1, 2018 12:59AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are an actual wizard
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. This is like magic in real life. You can throw fireballs at other people and nobody will see it except you.

Now, on a serious note: this is incredible! Oh my god. All the possibilities. Too bad I have no time.
    Are there any limits? How much processing power do these animations use?

And I think you are already awesome enough. I'll give you insightful instead.
    Because it is quite insightful to know, what we actually lack in our vanilla homestead functionality

@NoTimeToWait Hah, well thank you so much. In terms of limits, right now I have an artificial cap in place on the maximum number of effects (100) but I will likely increase that (I'm guessing to at least 1000) depending on the feedback that I get from players. On my semi-potato computer, I can show thousands of effects without ever seeing my steady 60 FPS change, so I see no reason to restrict it.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    You are an actual wizard

@TheYKcid Thank you <3:)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank again for this R-K ^^ ( Could not take screenshots without UI :/ cause it also remove EHT effects )

181201042046442514.png
    181201042103433327.png

can't wait to test more of these " effects " :P
    Edited by Apherius on December 1, 2018 3:27PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    could you please stop now! I need weeks to redo all my houses :)

any eta when the new feature will be available to be seen by other players?
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K all I can say is your work is pure brilliance!

I'm always so impressed by your genius and to top it off, you've got an amazing personality to go with it! For someone with your talent, you could easily be very boastful and egotistical, but you are sooooo the opposite.

I'm always so much more respectful of those who are a gift to the world, yet who are humble and you truly are one of those people.

I haven't been able to be on as much as I'd like lately, but I totally look forward to giving this a whirl when I am able.

much love and respect to you always Cardi <3
    Edited by Delphinia on December 1, 2018 9:10PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Amazing, thank you :smiley:

@Apherius those screenshots are great! I stole your idea for the water and used it in my coral house, thank you for the inspiration

ZN8hSm8.jpg
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cardinal, you just keep making more and more crazy things, this in insane! :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re amazing.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing @R_K ! You are totally like the Willy Wonka of ESO Housing! <3<3<3

A question though, I downloaded the update and when I went to try out the FX I don't see any button to add them. ): Is there some setting I'm missing? Halp!

PS> Nice tag line. :P
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising you need to be in the housing editor to see the FX button, I couldn't find it either at first
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    @mayasunrising you need to be in the housing editor to see the FX button, I couldn't find it either at first

I was in the editor @ixie . ): I'm doomed to never having sparkly fireflies in my houses. :'( Thanks for trying to help tho.
    Edited by mayasunrising on December 2, 2018 2:47AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in the editor @ixie . ): I'm doomed to never having sparkly fireflies in my houses. :'( Thanks for trying to help tho.

@mayasunrising No, you will have sparkly fireflies! :wink: So, first - just in case Minion didn't update properly, make sure that you have EHT 8.9.0 or above. Also, make sure that you do a /reloadui if you have to update now -- that'll load in the new version of EHT once it's downloaded. Finally, make sure that you are in a house that you own -- Essential Effects only work in your own home and make sure that you are in (F5) Editor Mode (where you can pick up and move furniture). Once in that mode, you should see the "FX" button pop up next to the "EHT" button. Let me know if that doesn't work for ya though.

Also... you know exactly where I got that tagline from you :wink: ahem, ahem: you :-P
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Amazing, thank you :smiley:

@Apherius those screenshots are great! I stole your idea for the water and used it in my coral house, thank you for the inspiration

ZN8hSm8.jpg

@ixie Love this! That fits in perfectly there. Now show us moaaaaaaaaaaar! :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NolaArch wrote: »
    You’re amazing.

@NolaArch Well, thank you - but the ESO Housing Community is amazing. I feel blessed that such a talented group of players is willing to use my add-ons in the making of their creative builds! Every time I see these photos and videos shared, it just makes my day, really. <3
    Edited by R_K on December 2, 2018 3:15AM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Cardinal, you just keep making more and more crazy things, this in insane! :D

@Glaiceana Thank you so much! <3:) You all are the inspiration for me making this stuff though, so thank you for all of the feedback and ideas and motivation!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @R_K all I can say is your work is pure brilliance!

I'm always so impressed by your genius and to top it off, you've got an amazing personality to go with it! For someone with your talent, you could easily be very boastful and egotistical, but you are sooooo the opposite.

I'm always so much more respectful of those who are a gift to the world, yet who are humble and you truly are one of those people.

I haven't been able to be on as much as I'd like lately, but I totally look forward to giving this a whirl when I am able.

much love and respect to you always Cardi <3

@Delphinia That description isn't one that I am deserving of, but thank you so, so much Del. <3 You always find a way to motivate me even more -- thank you! Also, it's good to see you -- you have been on less lately. I hope all is well with you!!! Come back and make more movies and amazingness for us! :wink:
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the button, it's a neat little addition! I like it!
    Question, is it shown to other players, with or without the addon??
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    I found the button, it's a neat little addition! I like it!
    Question, is it shown to other players, with or without the addon??

he says in the video not for now, but in a few weeks it will :)
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! I assume it's not tied to furnishing limit at all, but instead works as UI API for creating 3d markers similar to Harvest Map?
    So its show only for player who uses addon and only with UI enabled?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

So, is it always in that square shape?

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Thank again for this R-K ^^ ( Could not take screenshots without UI :/ cause it also remove EHT effects )

181201042046442514.png
    181201042103433327.png

can't wait to test more of these " effects " :P

@Apherius This looks amazing! I honestly hadn't even thought to use that effect in that way. Love it!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

@immozz01 Lol! Actually, 8.9+ (available now) now allows group members with EHT to see your homes' effects when they visit you. :-)
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    emergency!

my eht is caught in a loop, it keeps queuing something to 100 animations, runs some and goes to 100 again. have that since a day or so, started in 1 house and now in all houses and after spending xx hours making the animations I don't want to start all over by using reset button?

a5xh6whiyot7.png
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    somehow I fixed it (fingers crossed) by switching of triggers, then loading, switching off allow while running and saving. so far it works good again. was odd and you should look into it, relogging etc didn't work
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The funnel Cloud look really nice with the "Weathervane of the Storm Lords"

181202054014988589.png
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    immozz01 wrote: »

@immozz01 Lol! Actually, 8.9+ (available now) now allows group members with EHT to see your homes' effects when they visit you. :-)

just tested and isn't working?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

@mayasunrising No, you will have sparkly fireflies! :wink: So, first - just in case Minion didn't update properly, make sure that you have EHT 8.9.0 or above. Also, make sure that you do a /reloadui if you have to update now -- that'll load in the new version of EHT once it's downloaded. Finally, make sure that you are in a house that you own -- Essential Effects only work in your own home and make sure that you are in (F5) Editor Mode (where you can pick up and move furniture). Once in that mode, you should see the "FX" button pop up next to the "EHT" button. Let me know if that doesn't work for ya though.

Also... you know exactly where I got that tagline from you :wink: ahem, ahem: you :-P

Thanks for responding so quickly @R_K ! I did confirm that I have the latest version (8.9.2 now), and I am in the editor, but I'm still not seeing an FX button. Here some screenshots; 1 showing the version, the other the editor screen, and the last, me lamenting the cruelness of this mortal realm:

ug8tlklyho7l.png
    gfqqfndya4uw.png7y7ehqq876rq.jpg

I do use a few addons to hide ui elements such as the compass and quest tracker and such. Could those be interfering somehow? Is the FX button it's own thing, or is it hooked to a ui element that maybe I have turned off?

Disclaimer: I may or may not be Zooey Deschanel in real life.

Edited by mayasunrising on December 2, 2018 8:18PM

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so that's what your voice sounds like. just give yourself the title of housing master man