Do you honestly still care about campaign score- does it even matter?

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What's odd is the poll about faction-locking has the exact opposite vote percentages.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393831/pvp-need-campaign-faction-lock

So most people (a) don't care about the score but also (b) want a faction lock. It really boggles the mind.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What's odd is the poll about faction-locking has the exact opposite vote percentages.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393831/pvp-need-campaign-faction-lock

So most people (a) don't care about the score but also (b) want a faction lock. It really boggles the mind.

Or maybe a poll about faction lock attracts more players of a certain opinion compared to a poll about campaign scores.

We're not exactly talking rigorous analytic methods when it comes to forum polls.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I suspect it's that difference between people who want to care about the score but don't anymore. With the right changes, they will care again.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, I stopped caring halfway through last campaign. I have friends in all alliances, and it's strange when they insult and say the same things about each other. When pvping, if you see someone from another faction while you're hardcore fighting, you just attack. No one who works at least, or who has a schedule of duties can help what times they are available to play. No matter the population at that time, that's the only time you can play..So calling others pvdoorers and such is silly in my view. You pvp what you can when you can..its just a game. Sometimes there may be some friendly trolling or banter with the opposition, but taking it beyond that to genuine malice or dislike seems a bit much. In the overall scheme of life, this game means very little.
    Edited by Jameliel on September 17, 2018 3:18PM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    AD wins vivec campaign every month on PC EU so the score doesn't matter
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I do because I am not PvPing for long. I am sure I wont care after playing a lot.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do look score. But I don't care for score anymore. Reds (my alliance, kind of. Time to time) is always first in Score. I been carrying for number of troops even more than score. I keep being told to stay one alliance. But it impossible for me.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on October 16, 2018 4:09PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Golden items at the end of campaigns, you can use them, or the more likely option, sell them for a ton of gold. the addition of more items pvp'ers can sell for gold has been a great change, but why pass up the chance for golden jewelry willingly?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    you make plenty of AP with kills and farming

What exactly is the difference between "kills" and "farming"? Aren't we all farming kills in Cyrodiil?
    confused24.gif
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think this poll is probably a little skewed anyway, I see a lot of responses about “no, I only want my rewards or to level my skills, and I’m out” meaning there a lot of primarily PvErs swaying how it looks, PvPers are such a small percentage of the games total population, I’d be more curious to see the results of a poll only conducted amongst people that spend more than 75% of their gameplay in Cyrodiil. However impossible that would be.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I do look score. But I don't care for score anymore. Reds (my alliance, kind of. Time to time) is always first in Score. I been carrying for number of troops even more than score. I keep being told to stay one alliance. But it impossible for me.

it's very good to read your words...I hope all is well in tamriel (and beyond) for you :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but the score will always be second in importance to your whiny hate tells about me not trying to 1v1.
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, it's all about Emp. I world rather see the leader board reflect the time each faction had held Emp.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I care about the score. In an objective based game like ESO, the objectives are all that matter. Why would I care about getting pointless kills, farming rss every five minutes which doesn't help outside of tick, or anything that doesn't help the faction as a whole? It seems like a waste of time.

Open world pvp is about working as a group, so that's what I do. I try and help the people that ask for it. I group up with people and focus on objectives. I take resources before the ticks. The coordinating with other groups and people gives Cyrodiil so much depth. Being able to plan to take down other factions. That's what makes the pvp here fun and cool.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    AD IS UNSTOPABLE.
    AD IS STRONG.
    AD IS GOD!
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Work and family take up time. Spending most spare time in game, a lot of us still have to go afk often. Not all, but most people who deeply care about the score either don't work or have very little responsibility. Too many real life things to handle to be worrying about and stressing over virtual scores lol. These days I just enjoy hanging out solo or playing with whoever I'm grouped with. Way too many people forget it's a game. Personally I play to relax, not to treat as job #2.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As a competitive gamemode Cyrodil (and pretty much every other RvR type game that is tacked on to a themepark MMORPG) is a complete joke, where "winning" is largely down to imbalances in population / coverage and lobotomised gameplay like PvDoor.

Hence the score does not matter as "winning" is meaningless unless you are a new player or are a bit "special".
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Haven't even bothered looking at the score for ages - or who has emp, where scrolls are etc..

Completely pointless until they fix the *@*&##! morning capping!

Still play for control of keeps etc. tho - since they are still focal points or the action.

Edited by Biro123 on November 1, 2018 4:37PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It matters for end of campaign rewards
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    how can you care about score when the outcome of the campaign is decided by who has the most active night- and morningcappers
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    rumple9 wrote: »

This.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

This.

Only for those who win... And that is always the same faction. Who win a country mile.

For those who have never heard of a country mile: A country mile is a deceptively long distance, an extremely long way. The idea behind a country mile is the fact that most country roads are not in a straight line. Instead, roads in the country tend to meander up and down and all around.

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    zyk wrote: »
    I don't really care who wins that much, but I chose a team based game with objectives for a reason. I find combat outside of the context of objectives to be boring. I've never enjoyed deathmatch only games.

So while I'm not that invested in the campaign score because scoring is so broken in many ways, I'll always care about the map. If I didn't, I'd move on to a better game. AvA is what makes ESO PVP interesting.

I'm pretty much the same; I think having a goal, like a score, is what makes a campaign interesting and fun. I don't do the whole AP farming by staying in a location to wait for people, I play as a healer so I'm useless in that respect, and I personally don't find it enjoyable. But defending keeps, taking resources, rallying allies to help the map etc., is where the fun's at for me.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    When usually 1 Alliance takes the several 1000s o points leads after only 2-3 days you kinda loose interrest since the campaign winner of the 30 day camnpaign is usually obvious after 2-3 days
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

That's why I wisened up and made toons on each faction now. Still have most in my primary faction, but several on others also. Some campaigns will get me a bit more jewelry than others, but now I will always get some of each=) Also I can play with whichever friends are online at different times. Acting like characters in another faction are real enemies is bordering on mental illness haha
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No only thing worth it is getting gold campaign rewards. The gold payout for winning can be easily farmed in just 20 minutes in IC, 3 hakeijos
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jameliel wrote: »

That's why I wisened up and made toons on each faction now. Still have most in my primary faction, but several on others also. Some campaigns will get me a bit more jewelry than others, but now I will always get some of each=) Also I can play with whichever friends are online at different times. Acting like characters in another faction are real enemies is bordering on mental illness haha

You know how usually players on a pro, college or even peewee league football team don't just switch to the other team in the 3rd quarter...?
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    tonemd wrote: »

You know how usually players on a pro, college or even peewee league football team don't just switch to the other team in the 3rd quarter...?

It's sad that you're comparing an online, casual PvP game to competitive sports.
    there is nothing competitive about cyrodiil and its the farthest thing from skillfull. winning the campaign has nothing to do with how good you are as a player or how well you know a class.
    whereas competitive sports is always even numbered teams versus one another (cyrodiil isn't) and you're rewarded for being skillfull by clear team versus team wins
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    tonemd wrote: »

It's sad that you're comparing an online, casual PvP game to competitive sports.
    there is nothing competitive about cyrodiil and its the farthest thing from skillfull. winning the campaign has nothing to do with how good you are as a player or how well you know a class.
    whereas competitive sports is always even numbered teams versus one another (cyrodiil isn't) and you're rewarded for being skillfull by clear team versus team wins

Why it it sad, its all just games? It's all meaningless entertainment. I just saw a college football team get trounced 45 -0 in their own home. Is that competitive? Yet, it's not like the kicker said screw this, I'm going to the other side to pad my stats.
    Since you said it's just casual, in what real life intramural or amateur league anything do people switch to the other team in the middle of a game. The only real difference is this is vidjya games and ZOS allows you to do it.

<Sigh> In the end though, I can't really blame the players. ZOS set up a competitive scenario then did everything in their power
    crap all over that.

I will suggest again this fix: No more assigned factions. Treat it like BGs. Everytime you zone in (single or grouped) you are auto assigned to a team, with team balance as the priority. But unlike BG's, at the end of a campaign a faction win doesn't matter at all, its just flavor text. ALL rewards are based on your performance.
    Edited by tonemd on November 20, 2018 10:04PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No rewards are not worth the stress of a win and chasing campaign scores makes it more pve than PvP

Battles won and lost should account for scores too

Similar to ap earned campaign points would be earned in battle this

Or change the scoring system ...

Home keeps and scrolls are calculated hourly ...

All other keeps and such only account fir a point at next score update if it had been contested in the last hour

Stops out of peak point stacking and makes it PvP focussed not pve with PvP interruptions
    Edited by SugaComa on November 23, 2018 2:51AM