The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No free crates for ESO+ members during the next trial period

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Why is there so much entitled b.s. around stuff like this.

You made the choice to buy ESO+, regardless of whatever else was going on.

To say that a company is now "stealing" from you because they are giving other people a taste of what you paid for is illogical.

You are the type of person to *** at the cop who pulled you over when everyone was speeding. WHY ME?

Comparing yourself to other people is a very unhealthy way to go through life, you will never be happy.

Why can't you simply realize that some people have no idea what ESO+ is or does, other people can't afford it. Just because you made the choice to buy it, that irrelevant to any one else.

When an item that you bought yesterday goes on sale today do you go to the store and demand the difference? It's the same thing, that store is stealing potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars from you.

Equity does not mean equality, you don't deserve anything beyond what you paid for. Demanding compensation for some weird idea of fairness is not what intelligent people do.

I largely agree with you, although I just wanted to point out that some people probably do go back to a store where they recently made a large purchase if it went on sale the next day, and some stores do offer to match sale prices if an item a customer purchased goes on sale within a given period, and some even match sale prices of other stores if a customer brings it to their attention. But, that's usually for large purchases of say, a new TV, a washer/dryer, or some other large home electronics and not things like movies or video games. All of us have bought games, movies, etc. at full price, knowing full well it'll be on sale later.

Back to the topic: I'm not that worried about not getting crates this time. In fact, when I first started reading the article, I was thinking "Oh, free crates coming." Then by the time I finished the article, I had forgotten all about free crates. Giving us crates was a nice gesture, but not necessary. And, as someone else mentioned, there are additional benefits, other than just the crown stipend, that we have access to as ESO+ members that those with the free trial won't get.

I will say, though, that I rather enjoyed all the crates we got during previous ESO+ trial events, as well as the ones from the daily rewards. They enabled me to either get outright some items that I liked (but would never gamble for) or to purchase them with gems. I only have about a dozen gems now, though, but I got a lot of cool items with all the free gems I've gotten. But, I think that we won't see the kind of free crate bonanza we had with the launch of the daily reward system and will now probably only get a few each month moving forward. That's fine, though, as I don't think they want people to continue to get a lot of free stuff from crates without spending a single crown on them.

I am rather intrigued by the 12-month sub on ALL platforms. As of right now, XB only has the option of a monthly sub, which is $14.99 plus tax. I'd love to finally get a discount on subs that PC players have been getting since day one. But, it'd be nice if we were to also get the 3-month and 6-month options. But, I'll take a 12-month sub over the $15+ monthly.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my. I pay for this network and that network while people get it for free a month. I pay satellite channels and they are offering a week free preview. I have bought this video game or that video game and now people are playing it for free on a weekend.

My god this is not fair. Why am I playing a game that I paid for when others get to play for free.

Come on. You wanted ESO+ so that is why you got it. What is wrong with allowing other people trying it out? Also, people are being robbed? Really? Is your ESO+ being taken away from Zenimax? No it's not. You still have your service you paid for. Heaven forbid someone gets it to try out to see if they really want it or not realize that they want it now and didn't know they were missing out.

Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Our goal is to provide our ESO Plus members with valuable benefits and exclusive offers on a more consistent cadence every month, instead of a few bonus rewards every once in a while.

In addition to the original ESO Plus membership benefits such as full DLC access and the Craft Bag, on November 13 we will launch additional monthly improvements to our ESO Plus membership. These new benefits - available only to paid ESO Plus members - include exclusive Crown Store items and deals, free in-game collectibles, and an increase to the monthly Crown stipend. If you haven't yet, you can learn more about them here.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Precedent doesn't exist outside of law, just because they did something previously does not entitle you to feel you deserve something this time.
    weedgenius wrote: »
    People are so quick to use this buzz word. ZOS set a precedent with the ESO+ free trial crates, to the point where you can see many instances of people saying things like "I'll buy that with gems from my free trial crates" or "I'll hope for that crate cosmetic when the trial comes around" throughout the year. Bucking the precedent is worth commenting on, it doesn't mean someone thinks they HAVE THE RIGHT to something bestowed upon them by a private company. Sheesh.

You should focus more on your reading comprehension and less on speeding out your antagonistic responses. We all understand that we are not ENTITLED to something from a private company nor do we DESERVE some kind of special treatment, again, from a private company. You can take your attitude elsewhere and you should probably change your signature while you're at it.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can say whatever you want, your continued complaining about perceived slights proves everything needed. You literally are claiming your are entitled to something because other people are getting it for free, however you want to try and paint it afterwards is irrelevant.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Our goal is to provide our ESO Plus members with valuable benefits and exclusive offers on a more consistent cadence every month, instead of a few bonus rewards every once in a while.

In addition to the original ESO Plus membership benefits such as full DLC access and the Craft Bag, on November 13 we will launch additional monthly improvements to our ESO Plus membership. These new benefits - available only to paid ESO Plus members - include exclusive Crown Store items and deals, free in-game collectibles, and an increase to the monthly Crown stipend. If you haven't yet, you can learn more about them here.

Because six crates four times a year (or so) is totally going to bankrupt ZOS and will make a huge difference in yearly earnings? ;D
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    That's also the week when we get to see just what kind of discount they're offering on the Ebon Steel Dwarven Spider. If it's a deep discount, then honestly inexpensive collectibles throughout the year will probably feel better than farming some gems every few months. And with the 12 month ESO+ plan just announced in that article, there's probably a few other things we don't know about yet.
    Yes you're right, for once I agree with you! :wink: I'll be interested in seeing what the exclusive discounts/deals actually look like for ESO+ members and I'll mostly reserve judgement until we get a feel for those. If there are genuinely some good opportunities to snag a deal on crown items every month, I can see the benefit.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Yea makes no sense. My sub runs out right before the free trial. Whats my incentive to sub during the trial now? Might as well take the free days and sub after. The dumb mini statue can wait a few days.

You incentive alone should be that crafting bag. That alone is worth the monthly fee of ESO+
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, there's the catch for the crown increase then ;) Not surprised at all.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
    150 crowns instead of 6 crowncrates?

Wow! That's quite a deal

I hope you would be happy to get 1500 crowns instead of your salaries then

GIVE US OUR CROWNCRATES

Edited by Alex_Lex on November 7, 2018 6:29PM
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reply, Jess! I'm personally bummed about saying "goodbye" to the ESO+ free trial crates as for many of us that was frankly the only way to collect gems or try our luck. Seeing all the crates on my account and opening them was fun but not something that I would spend money on, hence why I thought it was a great subscriber perk! But I don't doubt that there will be some cool things in the crown store down the road and I'm looking forward to checking those out.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not unexpected, since they’re giving crates as login rewards now.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they realised giving out free crates doesn't encourage people to buy more of them.

I'm sure ZOS hoped everyone would share all the cool collectables and useful potions, scrolls etc. they got - browse the listings to see what they missed and read about what everyone else got and decide it's worth picking up a few extra crates for another go at the things they missed.

Although I've thought much the same about the free ESO+ trials. I realise ZOS will never tell us but I've often wondered if the number of subscribers actually goes up noticeably after a trial. I'm sure I'm not the only one who logs into each character to dump stuff in the crafting bag, tweaks the dyes on a couple of costumes and then carries on playing as normal, but I also have no idea if I'm representive of non-subscribers or not. Maybe other people really are charmed by the benefits or decide they cannot stand the thought of losing the crafting bag and start paying for it.
    Edited by Danikat on November 7, 2018 6:35PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am not exactly irate over all of this and I don't think of it as necessarily stealing, I do think something is off about all this.

Your argument about well you are going to have access to ALL this new free and discounted stuff has literally nothing to do with the ESO+ free trial, as it is a new long term deal. It is not happening only for the event.

You guys are doing so good in a lot of ways with giving people new and interesting incentives to keep logging in. But I think this one missed the mark for those of us already paying for ESO+.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if ZOS are planning on doing away with Crown crates due to the the bad press press of loot boxes in gaming in general.

Having ESO+ exclusive items on the crown store guarantees additional income of at least 1 month for those who want an exclusive item - let’s say an Apex mount.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Will any of this stuff be retroactive for us 6 mo. subscription members?
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'm not subbing then
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

None of it is retroactive the benefits start for all subscribers at the same time, but people whose subscription is already in progress (regardless of how many months they've paid for) will get the extra crowns for November onwards added to their account by the end of November, and will of course be able to pick up the statue and other items from the crown store when they become available.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

@cheifsoap @DjinnRa @cecibergesnrb18_ESO From the link Jess posted:
    As an ESO Plus member, you will receive an additional 150 Crowns as part of your monthly stipend, bringing your total to 1650 per month. Note that if you are partly though a 3- or 6-month membership, you will be credited your bonus crowns by the end of November.
    So it looks like you'll be getting a lump sum at the end of this month (150x the # of months you are into your subscription).
    Edited by weedgenius on November 7, 2018 6:52PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
    Just in case

You already cheated us with twitch drops at least 3 times for the last 2 weeks
    At first your "german elitists" asked not to use English and other languages and provided us zero drops
    Then you charity streams had no drops
    Finally your LORE-stream had no drops

That was a lie about drops only. It was just a little part of your filled with disgrace service.

Remember now your great Murkmire launch, stability and bugs with the last event.

The thing is not in crowncrates. The thing is you lie us too much and provide us bad quality gaming for the same money.

The more time goes on the worser is the service and quality of gaming. And you destroy it with every step.

Edited by Alex_Lex on November 7, 2018 6:53PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cancelled mine. Gonna play a few days without, take the free week and then go til the game sucks without plus and resub. So, probably 3 or 4 days.

No tantrum or entitlement. Just taking the best deal on the table. I'm pretty sure new extra monthly benefits will still be available towards the end of the month.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of zos white knights in here. A couple points:
    1. Some have mentioned items/services going on sale after you buy. I would point out that you're a fool if you DON'T go back to the store and get the sale price. Or, price match through credit card. With services like cable, all you have to do is call them and you can get the new customer price. I mean, really, "a fool and his money are soon parted."
    2. If you go into a restaurant and buy a burger, pay $4, and then after you the cashier gives free burgers to everyone then you will be mad too. Just because you don't see the ESO+ scenario the same, does not mean it isn't.
    3. Zos can just add 1 week to all our subs to make up for the free week.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    No, ZOS is not obligated to give us the free crates we have become accustomed to.

That said, as a paying customer I can speak to what appeals to me and what doesn't (note that I'm not debating the merits of the existing Plus benefits. I sub because I like them. enough said on that).

So far I'm finding the new ESO plus benefits to be lackluster. The ability to buy something before the unwashed masses can? I couldn't care less. The Molag Bal statuette? Junk that I won't even bother claiming. The increased crown stipend? Fine but honestly minuscule. On the other hand, the free crates I actually looked forward to.

I'll still be subbing because the existing ESO Plus benefits have not changed, but the new stuff is pretty "meh" to me. OTOH, I don't really feel like value has been added to my sub for the most part. I'm not mad, I'm just not excited by any of this.

P.S. for those who will come in and give me the numbers to "prove" how much better the new plus is, please note that I am talking about a perception of value. I'm evaluating this as a consumer, not an accountant.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they need to start doing when giving free weeks is moving the ESO+ payers date to pay up a week. Then at least it's really a free weekend to all.

Weird part is Zenimax seems to be having money problems to have so many of these free weekends. Maybe they should just move past this whole crown store thing and make the game a monthly sub for all. Like I stated in past, maybe even up the monthly charge a couple of bucks. Yet it sure seems like they are hurting for money.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    I wonder about this though:

"So, from November 13, as an existing paid member, you’ll be able to benefit from an increase of the monthly crown stipend from 1500 to 1650 crowns and enjoy a host of new, exclusive rewards every month."

For those of us with an active six month sub with a little over three months left on it before renewal, do we get the difference in the new crown amount per month or does it only begin when our sub renews? For example, my six month sub renews around the end of January so are they going to toss me a few hundred crowns now when Nov 13th hits?

I was wondering about this as well. If you buy in 3 or 6 month packages will we be retro-actively awarded this increased amount? Somehow, I sort of doubt it.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best reaction is unsub and negative review in Steam or whatever.

Money is all ZOS cares.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »

"So, from November 13, as an existing paid member, you’ll be able to benefit from an increase of the monthly crown stipend from 1500 to 1650 crowns and enjoy a host of new, exclusive rewards every month."

For those of us with an active six month sub with a little over three months left on it before renewal, do we get the difference in the new crown amount per month or does it only begin when our sub renews? For example, my six month sub renews around the end of January so are they going to toss me a few hundred crowns now when Nov 13th hits?

I was wondering about this as well. If you buy in 3 or 6 month packages will we be retro-actively awarded this increased amount? Somehow, I sort of doubt it.

Hey @EQBallzz Check out my post a couple comments above yours! :smile:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    There's a lot of zos white knights in here. A couple points:
    1. Some have mentioned items/services going on sale after you buy. I would point out that you're a fool if you DON'T go back to the store and get the sale price. Or, price match through credit card. With services like cable, all you have to do is call them and you can get the new customer price. I mean, really, "a fool and his money are soon parted."
    2. If you go into a restaurant and buy a burger, pay $4, and then after you the cashier gives free burgers to everyone then you will be mad too. Just because you don't see the ESO+ scenario the same, does not mean it isn't.
    3. Zos can just add 1 week to all our subs to make up for the free week.

If you'd tried 1. in any shop I've ever worked in you'd be told "I'm very sorry you missed this promotion, better luck next time maybe". And you could shout and stamp and demand to speak to the manager all you like (and trust me people do) or threaten to report us to Trading Standards or your MP or your mum or whatever other authority figure you imagine might be able to change it and even if you actually did nothing at all would happen. You didn't qualify for the promotion, end of discussion.

As for 2. if you've ever eaten in a restaurant and didn't assume at least 1 table was using a voucher or some other offer to get a discount on the exact same meal you're getting then you're deluding yourself.

3. They can, but they won't.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the main purpose of this Free ESO+ time is so they can have an event centered around DLC content and allow everyone to participate. I don't need free crates to "make up" for the time I could have had my ESO+ sub without paying for it. I already elected to pay for ESO+ because of the benefits it offers, not for possible bonuses(free crates) at some later date.

I agree.

I imagine that all they want to do is allow those who don't have access to CWC to participate in the event, and I can also imagine the uproar if they hadn't done so. They already have in place a system that can be switched on to give access to CWC as part of an overall free trial, and may not have thought it worthwhile developing and testing a separate system that would just give access to CWC alone.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    EQBallzz wrote: »

Hey @EQBallzz Check out my post a couple comments above yours! :smile:

Nice. Good to hear.