The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ad... just a question... what makes you think 3 bars v 1 bar ep/ 1 bar dc pvdooring the entire map is fun/remotely fair? that zerg last night.... i saw 40 people on glade mist front door...

This coming from someone who pvdoor zergs all the time and tri-keep camps? You have no room to talk.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    ad... just a question... what makes you think 3 bars v 1 bar ep/ 1 bar dc pvdooring the entire map is fun/remotely fair? that zerg last night.... i saw 40 people on glade mist front door...

This coming from someone who pvdoor zergs all the time and tri-keep camps? You have no room to talk.

Wow, people were talking about this and I had no idea what they were talking about. Feels bad man.

Everyone knows my policy is to hold arrius/far, but you can have the 2 gate keeps.

I NEVER go for the gate keeps unless i'm trolling someone specifically or trying to take a scroll.

I actively avoid groups of 40+ (really, 20+), unless i'm leeching their O tick..

If you want to call me a zergling, we can have friendly duel... until you win such a duel, id ask you keep your attacks off the forums and in the game.
    Edited by Flame_of_Hades on November 1, 2018 9:54PM
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    b0g wrote: »
    So AD are doing what EP do.
    I mean, just check the factions score lol.
    The real victims here are DC, even if they're 2nd because an almost never ending low pop bonus.

d00000000med
    Ya... My guild hasn't really been on much this camp either... so DC is just not really playing. My main problem with the ad was that they zerged the tri-keeps... without scrolls being there.

When i was emp last camp, i wouldn't even try to hold the 2 back keeps after nocturnal took them in the morning, because i knew it was a stupid thing to do... and i definitely didn't try to take them again if we already had the scrolls.

All i want to know is what mentality makes AD think this is okay...

EDIT: I do know that if AD keeps this up, i'm going to be spending alot of time at the sky shards behind the DC gates...

d000000med

Sorry dude this reply makes no sense to me.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    This entire thread - HAHAHAHAAAA
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krotha wrote: »
    This entire thread - HAHAHAHAAAA

I mean...what the whole Sotha community thinks....when someone like you shows up.
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Krotha has the best response
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t make me put together another ck raid with a special guest
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it respectful, or i'm going to have to make use of my friends list to make my own raid :)
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha was fun tonight. A lot of excitement at the bridge
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »
    Don’t make me put together another ck raid with a special guest
    Cobra Kai? We 3/4vX’d like 12 of your guys.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cheese going on at Sotha atm.

That AD on his EP toon should stand in the corner like a bad little girl and think about why it is wrong to pick up a scroll just to run it to a faction that didn't participate in taking it.

And on top of it....don't whisper people about your plans. It is just so convenient to add that to the ticket that got send in. :blush:

I doubt anything will happen bc...zos...buuuuut AD dude....you wasted 3 hrs of your time to go on an EP toon to mess with scrolls. I call that sad and pathetic.

Tata
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

Could you guide me through through the mental process that it takes to run

That AD on his EP toon should stand in the corner like a bad little girl and think about why it is wrong to pick up a scroll just to run it to a faction that didn't participate in taking it.

And on top of it....don't whisper people about your plans. It is just so convenient to add that to the ticket that got send in. :blush:

I doubt anything will happen bc...zos...buuuuut AD dude....you wasted 3 hrs of your time to go on an EP toon to mess with scrolls. I call that sad and pathetic.

Tata

I don’t think it matters since ep has such a huge lead over the other two factions
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Could you guide me through through the mental process that it takes to run

Tata

I don’t think it matters since ep has such a huge lead over the other two factions

That is a healthy attitude right there.
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Sotha. Since we have had people ask us on Tuesday nights if Cobra Kai is a "NB guild" I want to explain. A few months ago I mentioned I would run a "gank group" on Tuesdays. A few folks were trying out some new nb build and I wanted to help teach them to be dirty, dirty, bow-bi*@! laughter machines. We covet kills on horses listening to your mount scream as you lay crumpled in a meat pile of shame. If you have been running from one place to another and suddenly in an instant you were destroyed by a rain of snipes and incaps then yes, that was us. We started this when really AD was just overwhelmingly populated and we needed to find ways to have fun vs. complain that we didn't have population.

It was/ is a success even sprinkling in a Sorc or two. As long as you don't take it too personal, we usually just float between skirmishes and ruin any/all folks that are coming to support an assured demise of a keep we own. It is usually a group of 5 or 6 but can get as big as 10. So when you are enjoying a nice ride with a few friends and don't have that high focus on what you are doing, you may just get "Hoffed" as we call it. It is done with love and we are not teabaggers but we will laugh and laugh a lot. We welcome the groups that pool the dead victims together and come at us full force. Know our goal is to never fully wipe as a team and we accomplish that often. I say this because we are NB and we do die with larger numbers coming after us and that is when it gets fun. We appreciate all fair fights and do our best to hold our own so if you do get all of us well done. Not everyone likes the 40 vs 15 fights at keeps or full raid chaos at every Sotha meal so we will take our smaller bites and be satisfied on Tuesdays.

Last I just wanted to say that I will never be mad if a faction is over populated and doing whatever because who cares. Every faction has really cool folks and even if they get salty its just a sign of dedication. (Albeit ridiculous since this is a game of unreal circumstances in an unreal place) Its respect to good folks like OWL, Flame Of Hades, TRIS, Metallocolypse, Heike, Darkenergy and his *** brother GdofWar (who owns me), Zazaki, his goddess of a healer mate Frutalina, Gargamel, (or is it Furrocious) and so many more that focus me out of love as I do them.

Gank squad usually starts at 7pm CST so ride carefully, we are dirty, and heartless. :)

• Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    ELDER_HOFF wrote: »
    Hi Sotha. Since we have had people ask us on Tuesday nights if Cobra Kai is a "NB guild" I want to explain. A few months ago I mentioned I would run a "gank group" on Tuesdays. A few folks were trying out some new nb build and I wanted to help teach them to be dirty, dirty, bow-bi*@! laughter machines. We covet kills on horses listening to your mount scream as you lay crumpled in a meat pile of shame. If you have been running from one place to another and suddenly in an instant you were destroyed by a rain of snipes and incaps then yes, that was us. We started this when really AD was just overwhelmingly populated and we needed to find ways to have fun vs. complain that we didn't have population.

It was/ is a success even sprinkling in a Sorc or two. As long as you don't take it too personal, we usually just float between skirmishes and ruin any/all folks that are coming to support an assured demise of a keep we own. It is usually a group of 5 or 6 but can get as big as 10. So when you are enjoying a nice ride with a few friends and don't have that high focus on what you are doing, you may just get "Hoffed" as we call it. It is done with love and we are not teabaggers but we will laugh and laugh a lot. We welcome the groups that pool the dead victims together and come at us full force. Know our goal is to never fully wipe as a team and we accomplish that often. I say this because we are NB and we do die with larger numbers coming after us and that is when it gets fun. We appreciate all fair fights and do our best to hold our own so if you do get all of us well done. Not everyone likes the 40 vs 15 fights at keeps or full raid chaos at every Sotha meal so we will take our smaller bites and be satisfied on Tuesdays.

Last I just wanted to say that I will never be mad if a faction is over populated and doing whatever because who cares. Every faction has really cool folks and even if they get salty its just a sign of dedication. (Albeit ridiculous since this is a game of unreal circumstances in an unreal place) Its respect to good folks like OWL, Flame Of Hades, TRIS, Metallocolypse, Heike, Darkenergy and his *** brother GdofWar (who owns me), Zazaki, his goddess of a healer mate Frutalina, Gargamel, (or is it Furrocious) and so many more that focus me out of love as I do them.

Gank squad usually starts at 7pm CST so ride carefully, we are dirty, and heartless. :)

Turn up your effects volume up and listen for that snipe! wings are fun for messing with snipers. unless they cloak again, they tend to 1-shot themselves. If you aren't a dk... run.. shield up or start roll dodging lol. have fun!
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP zerging and denying it, AD zerging and still awful, DC nightcapping and only playing when Fengrush is running his zerg.

What do all 3 have in common? Zerging. 1vX in Sotha is impossible with the slow meta and without CP to provide mitigation. That's why there are so many groups in Sotha, stop complaining about numbers and just play.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having been snipe ganked so much recently kinda makes me want to get back into it with my stamblade again. I think it’s really a cheesy way to play that doesn’t really help the faction but it’s also super troll-y and fun so I’m conflicted lol.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    EP zerging and denying it, AD zerging and still awful, DC nightcapping and only playing when Fengrush is running his zerg.

What do all 3 have in common? Zerging. 1vX in Sotha is impossible with the slow meta and without CP to provide mitigation. That's why there are so many groups in Sotha, stop complaining about numbers and just play.

I play without the feng zerg..... most people play without the feng zerg.... those people just took a break this camp lol. Don't you worry, we will be back in a week :)
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play without the feng zerg..... most people play without the feng zerg.... those people just took a break this camp lol. Don't you worry, we will be back in a week :)

You don't have to be so self-centered. I'm not talking about you or anyone specifically im talking about DC in general. Without fengrush they rarely reach 2 bars and maintain numbers during the day/primetime. As soon as fengrush gets off so does the majority of DC. Most DC does not play without feng zerg. Only consistent DC I see is bashu's group and consortium. Not even fengrush's own guys' play in Sotha when he's not, at least not that I've seen.
    Edited by TimeDazzler on November 6, 2018 7:43PM
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was in a group of 5 last night when we ran into @Flame_of_Hades and a friend at Ash mill. Props to him for sticking around and repping DC against AD when AD is bringing massive numbers to the campaign. Unfortunately we weren't 5 average AD and they couldn't beat us, but I bet they could take 5 pugs no problem.

Also shame on me for playing AD when I have 3 perfectly reasonable DC characters I can play, just wanted to play with a handful of AD friends for the evening. Will do more stuff on DC soon and TM will have more DC raid nights soon as well.
    • PC/NA
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TM should play DC then?
    Edited by Haashhtaag on November 6, 2018 8:31PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We did on our last raid night -- Halloween. And each of the raid nights prior to that for about a month except for one.

Just saying that we will be back on a more regular schedule soon. I've only been on AD to hang out with friends.
    • PC/NA
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I was in a group of 5 last night when we ran into @Flame_of_Hades and a friend at Ash mill. Props to him for sticking around and repping DC against AD when AD is bringing massive numbers to the campaign. Unfortunately we weren't 5 average AD and they couldn't beat us, but I bet they could take 5 pugs no problem.

Also shame on me for playing AD when I have 3 perfectly reasonable DC characters I can play, just wanted to play with a handful of AD friends for the evening. Will do more stuff on DC soon and TM will have more DC raid nights soon as well.

I remember that lol. I was half way between a pvp setup and a pve setup. We took 3 people with us atleast :)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True that, certainly wasn’t an easy fight ;)
    • PC/NA
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Every time i've gone to Sotha without the stream zerg it's the same thing. Group of 15 or so DC players trying to take on hordes of 50+ EP, and AD. It's fun to a degree, but ultimately you can't achieve anything when you're so vastly outnumbered.

I also don't like the zerglike nature of Cyrodiil. Gets old really fast. Lagging isn't fun neither.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Every time i've gone to Sotha without the stream zerg it's the same thing. Group of 15 or so DC players trying to take on hordes of 50+ EP, and AD. It's fun to a degree, but ultimately you can't achieve anything when you're so vastly outnumbered.

I also don't like the zerglike nature of Cyrodiil. Gets old really fast. Lagging isn't fun neither.

I will provide you some answers I got from the oceanic DC presences in Sotha, that reached up to 40 DC vs 3 AD and 5 EP.

1. Cyrodiil is not designed for small scale.
    2. Not my fault AD/EP doesn't want to fight us.
    3. GG and learn to play!
    4. Just here for AP.
    5. Just playing the game scrub.
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    So last night was some of the best fights I have seen in Sotha for a while. It was all between Sej and BRK and it was just awesome. It seemed like the movie Edge of tomorrow with Tom Cruise. Just aliens everywhere. You had people in front, to the side and behind you and you just kill as many as you can in total chaos and virtual murders.

Of course as we were fending off the AD PM zerg, DC slips in the back door and takes scrolls but hey, it was one of those "this is too much fun to care about that-type of nights.

When you can fight for 3 hours+ between Sej and BRK, get seemingly endless kills and you are having fun the whole time, that is a good night. As far as overall entertainment goes it was very good times. Our 6 man group of NB folks had no chance of coordinating anything other than where to rez. So fun. Thanks AD!
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    **Cries wrote:
    Having been snipe ganked so much recently kinda makes me want to get back into it with my stamblade again. I think it’s really a cheesy way to play that doesn’t really help the faction but it’s also super troll-y and fun so I’m conflicted lol.
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50***

.. Yea about the "cheesy play" part. It is very easy to say it's cheesy and doesnt help the campaign but I totally disagree. It isn't "just easy" to be a bow-killer. Not "easy" to be a NB in general even true Melee- focused-surprise attack-Incap guys. I don't care what you say. No easier than a dragon leaping dawnbreaker wielding DK, Mages wrath-spamming sorcs with unlimited shields, 50 meter streaks to stop you in place, massive circle of detection Hurricane speed boosting, spin to winning Stam-wardens with subterranean stuns and massive burst damage/resources.

When people tell me to get skilled cause bow is just easy, they are clueless. If you are saying that now, yes you are clueless. It is not easy. You are repeating something you heard someone say once who is mad he got ganked and it sounded good so it comes out of your mouth feeling like facts and you sound ignorant to me. It just isn't true. "Oh i have a stamblade and I just got bored with it" That is a sure sign you are full of it because no skilled nb gets "bored with it." It NEVER GETS OLD!!! LOL!

If you are a face smasher who is really good and you crush people repeatedly because you are a beast and I snipe the sh out of you to save a fellow EP then yes, I do have value. I keep beasts like you from being invincible. My class is not built to make sure you are ok with how I kill you. My favorite is the guys who want you to not snipe them while they are engaged. HAHAHAHAHA Eheeffff yehewww cause that's what I do.

I believe what makes a NB good is his/her ability to get away. How good you are at getting away? You can say what you want but if you do find me and you can't kill me in my medium leathers at 11k damage/spell resistance and only 250 Crit resistance....I'd be salty too. Me being good enough to *** you off IS the skill. Being a bomb blade is great but what if you were a bomb blade that could get away,...that is not easy.

Don't tell me its easy because I hunt as NB all day. It's not easy to live and/or kill unless you are good enough to from time and experimentation. It took me 4 years to make people this salty. They will stop whispering me eventually because they realize its only lucky until you have died 30 times from the same guy and then you point the finger AT SELF.

In turn, if you find me and I haven't managed my stats just right, or I burnt my 8k magika on 2 cloaks, You have about a 90% chance of WRECKING me like *** Bulger.

I will kill 95% of you with a carved twig and feathered shaft. Deal with it, and find a way to love me. :) Muhuahahahahahaaaaaaa.

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    ELDER_HOFF wrote: »
    **Cries wrote:
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50***

.. Yea about the "cheesy play" part. It is very easy to say it's cheesy and doesnt help the campaign but I totally disagree. It isn't "just easy" to be a bow-killer. Not "easy" to be a NB in general even true Melee- focused-surprise attack-Incap guys. I don't care what you say. No easier than a dragon leaping dawnbreaker wielding DK, Mages wrath-spamming sorcs with unlimited shields, 50 meter streaks to stop you in place, massive circle of detection Hurricane speed boosting, spin to winning Stam-wardens with subterranean stuns and massive burst damage/resources.

When people tell me to get skilled cause bow is just easy, they are clueless. If you are saying that now, yes you are clueless. It is not easy. You are repeating something you heard someone say once who is mad he got ganked and it sounded good so it comes out of your mouth feeling like facts and you sound ignorant to me. It just isn't true. "Oh i have a stamblade and I just got bored with it" That is a sure sign you are full of it because no skilled nb gets "bored with it." It NEVER GETS OLD!!! LOL!

If you are a face smasher who is really good and you crush people repeatedly because you are a beast and I snipe the sh out of you to save a fellow EP then yes, I do have value. I keep beasts like you from being invincible. My class is not built to make sure you are ok with how I kill you. My favorite is the guys who want you to not snipe them while they are engaged. HAHAHAHAHA Eheeffff yehewww cause that's what I do.

I believe what makes a NB good is his/her ability to get away. How good you are at getting away? You can say what you want but if you do find me and you can't kill me in my medium leathers at 11k damage/spell resistance and only 250 Crit resistance....I'd be salty too. Me being good enough to *** you off IS the skill. Being a bomb blade is great but what if you were a bomb blade that could get away,...that is not easy.

Don't tell me its easy because I hunt as NB all day. It's not easy to live and/or kill unless you are good enough to from time and experimentation. It took me 4 years to make people this salty. They will stop whispering me eventually because they realize its only lucky until you have died 30 times from the same guy and then you point the finger AT SELF.

In turn, if you find me and I haven't managed my stats just right, or I burnt my 8k magika on 2 cloaks, You have about a 90% chance of WRECKING me like *** Bulger.

I will kill 95% of you with a carved twig and feathered shaft. Deal with it, and find a way to love me. :) Muhuahahahahahaaaaaaa.
    Stam nb is the best solo pvp class
    (Also I really don’t mean to offend below I’m just stating things as I see them everyone is free to play how they want)

To you playing a stam nb might seem “hard” because of the way you choose to play. You are a nb snipe spammer that waits for a gank or for people to engage someone else in a fight to start spamming snipe. You build for full damage as you stated above which is why you get killed by people so fast when you can’t run it’s not because stam nb is hard it’s because your build is for ganking.

Also when people say that playing a snipe spammer nb is easy it’s because it is. This play style allows players who lack skill to perform much better than with a build that doesn’t rely on stealth and ganking as much. There is a reason why you don’t run a normal nb build that doesn’t rely on ganking, because you would not perform as well as you do now. It would require to be upfront on the enemies face and not just far away ganking or behind a group. It would require you to manage your buffs better and to actually work on a rotation to kill people and use more than just a couple of skills. This is why most new players or just new nbs gravitate towards a bow snipe ganking build.

I would recommend that you play other classes more than you will get a better understanding of how easy/hard they are I used to think nbs were super OP but then I played one and although I still think they are the best for solo I also know that they have a lot of weakness
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    I am laughing at the description you have for what I do. I sit and wait for someone to engage so I can do something. That something is Spam snipe, I never am in anyone's face, and its because I lack skill that this seems hard. Oh yea, no offense...lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yes, yes that's it. My god its so clear now. :) I love how you say this below. This is perfect, its like a well thought out, intelligent flowing piece that essentially says "you suck" but explains the sucking in a clear and concise "suck box" that you are putting me in. No offense of course.

**There is a reason why you don’t run a normal nb build that doesn’t rely on ganking, because you would not perform as well as you do now. It would require to be upfront on the enemies face and not just far away ganking or behind a group. It would require you to manage your buffs better and to actually work on a rotation to kill people and use more than just a couple of skills. ***

So, I got work to do. Apparently I am set up so I have no resource management needs they are all fulfilled and on auto-pilot. All I do is sit behind people who are fighting and I wait until they do engage or else my cyro life is sitting still, Ganking/teabagging afk players, Talking mad shi- to resource npc's, and wishing I had more to do than node farming without help. By your description in my style of play I hit maybe 2 skills max. I mean as you say to learn a rotation would be a bit much for me since I choose to play the class that the low/no skill newbies play because they can suck but still outperform their masked, actual "PVP-gutter-skill-level" and kill much superior button pushing elites like yourself.

I love this game.